Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the upcoming Vauban full kit rework

Heard the words Vauban and Rework in the same sentence and had an idea. 

Somewhere in these new abilities add in the extra ability to regain ammo for primary and secondaries.

Why? I just unveiled a Twin Kohmak Riven.

But on a serious note, it fits his theme quite nicely and buffs such weapons that need ammo mutations. 

Hopefully the rework is nice. Partitioned Mallet Octavia + the stacking mechanism of Nidus= New Vauban somehow, I'd be down for that. 

30 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

What do you think his theme is?

I want to see him drop a badass Turret that can SERIOUSLY do damage AND Act like an AW cannon....an Engineers version of an Exalted...a part of his WArframe that is a mecha version of chroma’s pelt.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I want to see him drop a badass Turret that can SERIOUSLY do damage AND Act like an AW cannon....an Engineers version of an Exalted.

So an AI controlled, full powered weapon. That has a 0.00% chance of happening.

Again I ask, what do you think his theme is?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I want to see him drop a badass Turret that can SERIOUSLY do damage AND Act like an AW cannon....an Engineers version of an Exalted.

Soooo kinda like the Xiphos Air Support before it was nerfed to have a hard despawn timer and if it had ever classified as "badass" which it did not 😛

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Soooo kinda like the Xiphos Air Support before it was nerfed to have a hard despawn timer and if it had ever classified as "badass" which it did not 😛

Yes.  Give it punchthrough and blast status and you suddenly have cc knockdown with damage.

It’s a simple concept....except that it’s a detachable part of the Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Military Engineer.  Before you dismiss me outright, he better have firepower with his CC.

Killzone 2 had Engineers down

His namesake was a fort designer. Copying the Engineer class from another game is, to me at least, the most boring thing ever. Turrets are the epitome of camping.

He should offer mobile defenses with the side effect of enabling more/easier damage from those inside. No AI damage dealing. No mounted turrets either.

23 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

His namesake was a fort designer. Copying the Engineer class from another game is, to me at least, the most boring thing ever. Turrets are the epitome of camping.

He should offer mobile defenses with the side effect of enabling more/easier damage from those inside. No AI damage dealing. No mounted turrets either.

I’m down with that.  I know the name.

He is the tatical engineer/gadget type of frame, sort of like Iron Man or like a Oberon in the "this is my spot" kind of way (I know he was inspired by an actual person, but Im talking about how his skills potray that overarching engineer type under that backdrop of Warframe as it is now). He is the I'm going to go throw this and this down to help you kill this and that, which is not a bad frame at all if done right, he just needs to be rewarded more for CC in the form of killing potential (this is why I look to Octavia and Nidus for having great CC, but also great damage potential with skill synergy that fits there theme in a way). I did post a rework of him rewarding his theme, nothing too crazy either (no skills were changed just new added mechanics to them and augments that awarded CC based on a stacking mechanic like Nidus) but it was archived- don't know what that means. They are obviously headed in the damage direction, but yeah I hope that they dont make him too campy or immobile. Certainly though adding just a turret won't make Vauban rewarding for the games content, as his 1 when spammed acts like a turret in some way. And if you're use 1, you're probably spamming it. 

Really want to know what kind of synergy they got cooking if any, Vauban needs some love 🤗

Imagine he turns out like a Corpus Tech, "Yo put my sheilds back up so I can put out more rolling balls!" 😂

One thing I would like to see is the ability to throw deployables much, much further, in a straight line. Or even a hitscan.

It sucks to see the balls fly slowly through the air.

His 4 new abilities.

1) Wall. Erect a wall. Must be attached to a wall or tower, or next to the Castle. Up to 6 may be placed, cast on a wall to remove it. Hit points scale off power strength.

2) Tower. Erect a tower. Up to 4 may be placed. Must be attached to a wall. Has a turret on top of it which fires at the last enemy Vauban hit or that hit Vauban. Turrets can be manned by other players like Ramparts. Damage scales off Power Strength, fire rate scales off Power Duration.

3) Moat. Duration based. Creates an Area of Effect of electric damage around all placed walls and towers, as well as raise their armour. Damage and Armour scales off Power Strength, AoE scales off Power Range, Duration scales off Power Duration.

4) Castle. Places a massive exhalted Tesla Coil that powers Vauban's fort and can be used as a Death Ray to target foes. Required for a wall to be placed to start your base. While manned by Vauban can be used like a Rampart to target foes with Electricity damage. Damage scales off Power Strength, energy cost of attacks scales off Power Efficiency (energy per tick) and Power Duration (damage ticks per energy tick), range scales off Power Range. Can be modded as an exhalted primary beam weapon.

I'm half joking.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47

7 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

All i heard was we are going to screw up a good frame

I chuckled a little.

He has a tazer trap that does less damage then a level 15 grineer tazer trap.

his two is just a really sad joke.

his three and four are alright cc abilities, though tons of frames in the game can do that and much, MUCH more.

Imo he's the worst warframe currently in the game. At least wukong has some viability in semi relevant content.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Imo he's the worst warframe currently in the game. At least wukong has some viability in semi relevant content.

He works fine every time i take him out. Then again i and one other person ive encountered while playing him maybe the only ones who use triplines to good effect. Tesla needs to scale better and maybe off Power Strength and a similar thing with the other "mines" to be more useful but thats really all he needs.

well, personally I think he can still keep his balls, just with each one doing something more:

- Tesla: lightning now chains between enemies and deals a LOT more damage with a guaranteed Electric Proc. allies within range of a Tesla deal additional Electric damage with their weapons.

- replace Minelayer with Support Beacon: toggle between Regen, Power and Damage beacons: regen beacons restore shields and health over time, Power Beacons increase power Strength of allies within range, and Damage Beacons buff weapon damage to allies within range.

- Bastille: fix the damn bug, or make it so that enemies still moving within bastille deal greatly reduced damage, so even if they walk in, they can't just one-shot you.

- Vortex: greatly increased range and damage, as enemies take damage from Vortex,  energy orbs pop out from the other side. for players to receive. essentially converts enemies to energy, so a well placed Vortex benefits everyone.

9 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

People still use Vauban?

EXCUSE ME☝️

It should be objectively seen that Vauban is quite bad. They said it was a full kit rework with new skills inspired from his skills. I disagree with this completely, maybe removing some mines from minelayer but a full kit rework is wholly unneccessary. Its more work with more risk. Keeping his skill set and adding damage buff/survivalbility synergy is the best way to go imo. 

Bastille is the only ability Vauban has that is worth investing in and using 99% of the time.

Tesla is a joke, Minelayer is a bad joke, and Vortex is honestly worse than Bastille for everything but quick grouping and nuking.

That is why Vauban is getting a rework, because he has only one effective ability.

With all the fortuna talk, it would be interesting to see what he could do, maybe have a shockwave grenade instead of bounce, that knocks down enemies. If we go through his abilities, realistically only two need help, 3 max. Vortex is good, I see no problems, he gives the good suck like a low range nidus, but maybe it would be better if it could absorb gunfire like mag's 2, giving him more survivability. Bastille is also pretty solid as an ability, they just need to fix the bug with repelling bastille, because without it, he gets overwhelmed. minelayer is a cool ability, and it's fun to use, but he needs something new to keep up with the damage meta. the only two that are even slightly useful are concuss, and shred. The only reason why it is used is because of the rad proc, but it is small and costs too much energy to be useful. If they wanted to keep the ability but wanted to keep it useful, the proc would be a larger radius, and last longer. maybe even a knockdown mechanic, for even more cc. Shred has the same issue. the initial damage is tiny, but if it was a higher armor strip percentage, or the debuff lasted longer, then it may be useful. maybe even a larger radius, or higher damage would help it. Tripwire is marginally more useful than bounce, but it is still kindof useless. it doesn't last long, it can be destroyed, and does no damage. If it lasted longer, did slash damage like tesla link, it might be useful. Bounce is basically useless. the only way it could be useful is a larger area, the size of vortex possibly, and more uses. but it's a dead key, like ivara's sonic arrow or wukong's 1. And finally, good ol' tesla. The charge is too long, as just spamming them is more useful. Their damage is also super low, even moderate damage scaling, possibly based off of maximum health of enemies, would make a world of difference. The proc is decent enough, but the duration is somewhat short, and damage critically low. to make it like excal's 1, or volt's, or mag's, it needs to have more damage or utility. Maybe it acts like a mini shield charger, every time someone passes by it. It would definitely make vauban more tanky, with the previous ideas. But as a whole, Vauban is designed to be cc heavy. His whole kit is CC, and damage frames do it better than he does. to be competitive, he needs to be better at his job. That may not mean damage scaling like saryn, but it does mean a healthy rework. He could feasibly keep his existing abilities, minus trip and bounce, but they need heavy review. Id love to see the day where vauban can control defense with grenades, teslas linking and shredding units, repelling bastille working, and vortex sucking up bullets to add to damage. Concuss acting like a shockwave or mini chaos, shred armor breaking, and tesla recharging a shield. He could be amazing, with the minelayer ability bieng cheaper and more effective, with tweaks to his other 3, but until then we'll wait. only then, will the corpus rue the day where booben railways choo choos right into their ship

also also, his passive of more damage is cool, but a truly interesting passive that could make him better/ to the meta could be that his deployables are not effected by nullifiers, and the disrupters are only half as effective against them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

They said it was a full kit rework with new skills inspired from his skills. I disagree with this completely, maybe removing some mines from minelayer but a full kit rework is wholly unneccessary. Its more work with more risk. Keeping his skill set and adding damage buff/survivalbility synergy is the best way to go imo. 

The problem is that unless you buff his current kit to the point of being game breaking it's still going to be bad. The game has moved away from frames with narrow focuses in a big way and just being a CC monster is useless in the vast majority of content. Unless you're playing one of a few specific modes (Objective Defence, Mobile Defence, or a tiny part of sabotage) you're not able to take advantage of most of a CC kit to any real effect. Even Defence the thing he *should* be well suited for is moving away from his form of immobile CC because of things like Operative Defence replacing Objective Defence.

With heavy CC frames you're delaying the enemy killing you, but you're also delaying you killing the enemy over just having a more powerful frame. And yes, you can kill stuff with your weapons no doubt, but that's still strictly worse than having a warframe with powers that synergise with those weapons to kill stuff faster. It can't kill you if it's dead.

Vauban needs a serious rework to be even close to the same tier as everyone else, in the same way that other hyper-specialized frames like Zephyr and Wukong do. Can they do everything? Sure. But because of the lack of flexibility that other frames have and the lack of damage output they don't contribute as much towards the objective as practically any other frames.

16 hours ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

EXCUSE ME☝️

It should be objectively seen that Vauban is quite bad. They said it was a full kit rework with new skills inspired from his skills. I disagree with this completely, maybe removing some mines from minelayer but a full kit rework is wholly unneccessary. Its more work with more risk. Keeping his skill set and adding damage buff/survivalbility synergy is the best way to go imo. 

Well at least the devs will have him ease off with playing with his balls so much.