Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Got Scammed on Ps4

(PSN)sucrasniv2

I wanted to buy the Neza Empyrean Skin, so i went to the trading chat, and ask a WTB, so this guy come and offer to buy the skin for me with his 75 % coupon, plus 15 platinum taxes, so i send him the platinum, and he says that his going to send the skin to me , then he start to ignoring me and blocking my messages, what to do now i need help?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)sucrasniv2 said:

I wanted to buy the Neza Empyrean Skin, so i went to the trading chat, and ask a WTB, so this guy come and offer to buy the skin for me with his 75 % coupon, plus 15 platinum taxes, so i send him the platinum, and he says that his going to send the skin to me , then he start to ignoring me and blocking my messages, what to do now i need help?

Oh no man thats sad

here is a trading guide

safe trading tips 

you can't trade those things you are better going and buying them from the market and avoid getting scammed like that.

Welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sucrasniv2 said:

I will tell you the same thing I did to someone on the PS4 EU region who also go scammed : Ask before you buy.

Asking region for the validity of pretty much sketchy trades is hugely advised (or ask friends), your best option would be maybe screenshot the messages and send them via a Support Ticket and see if DE Support can do anything (dunno how they deal whit coupon scams).

Until DE makes coupons tradable (which is unlikely), never trade anything for coupons, its 99% of the times a scam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Lesson learned I guess eh? DE can only hold your hand so much.

Comming from a guy who often gets new tenno wondering if ammo drum realy worth that much i understand the feeling of that tenno.

Sometimes we can easely get cought thinking all tenno are super cool and wont scam us ^.^

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Comming from a guy who often gets new tenno wondering if ammo drum realy worth that much i understand the feeling of that tenno.

Sometimes we can easely get cought thinking all tenno are super cool and wont scam us ^.^

And getting caught like this should be a valuable lesson that thinking like that is a nieve outlook. All Tenno are NOT super cool. There are plently who will scam you faster than you can bullet jump.

Edited by SteelOverseer666

19 minutes ago, (PS4)sucrasniv2 said:

Ignore the rest of the posters. Hopefully you have screenshots of the conversation. 

Send them as a report to support. 

They won't force the person to give you the item but you might get back your plat. Scamming is not allowed.

Fair warning, what you tried to do isn't allowed either. 

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039839-Contacting-Customer-Service

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Link added

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

I will tell you the same thing I did to someone on the PS4 EU region who also go scammed : Ask before you buy.

Asking region for the validity of pretty much sketchy trades is hugely advised (or ask friends), your best option would be maybe screenshot the messages and send them via a Support Ticket and see if DE Support can do anything (dunno how they deal whit coupon scams).

Until DE makes coupons tradable (which is unlikely), never trade anything for coupons, its 99% of the times a scam.

EU region must be vastly different from the Americas version. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ignore the rest of the posters. Hopefully you have screenshots of the conversation. 

Send them as a report to support. 

They won't force the person to give you the item but you might get back your plat. Scamming is not allowed.

Fair warning, what you tried to do isn't allowed either. 

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039839-Contacting-Customer-Service

The entire transaction was a violation of the rules that DE has set. They are not likely to help in a situation like this. The scammer could be banned, but OP could also be punished in some way. 

• Like 2

This is so stupid I don't even feel sorry for you. Hopefully you have learned your lesson. People learn from their mistakes the best.

You can report the person to support anyway if you have screenshots of the conversation.

Posting this on the forum does not help you in any way.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

EU region must be vastly different from the Americas version. 

Our region goes slower enough for people to be able to talk and joke around whit each other just fine (isnt really as chaotic as NA region), plus there is always a lurker or two answering questions (me for example), which is why I told OP and the Player I spoke of to ask region, since there might be someone there that will answer your question.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)sucrasniv2 said:

The bolded part should have been a dead givaway that he was in it to scam you. Those things do not exsist on consoles.

I mean... Why didnt you buy it straight up to begin with from DE? Why go through trade? I'm confused.

Edited by SneakyErvin

16 minutes ago, (XB1)ohno itstheCoPz said:

I only trade those coupons with friends or clan members if at all just to be safe

2 minutes ago, (PS4)alexismartinez14 said:

Never ever trust trade chat. My condolences, for coupons I always recommend trading with trustworthy alliance members or clan members. Learn from this, I've been scammed too, it happens.

Even trading with friends and clanmates violates the EULA.

6 minutes ago, Xirka said:

The entire transaction was a violation of the rules that DE has set. They are not likely to help in a situation like this. The scammer could be banned, but OP could also be punished in some way. 

^ This.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The bolded part should have been a dead givaway that he was in it to scam you. Those things do not exsist on consoles.

Incorrect.  Although they are very rare, 75% coupons do exist on console.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Slight correction: Discounts do exist on console.  They aren't the same as for PC though.
Discount coupons on console allow them to buy a single item for the listed discount, doesn't apply to bundles or a few other items from the store.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

They won't force the person to give you the item but you might get back your plat.

Except for one thing:
In multiple places DE has text that basically amounts to "We do not enforce trades for promises...." and text that states that if its not in the trade window you really shouldn't do the trade and that DE won't enforce nor endorse that kind of behavior.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Our region goes slower enough for people to be able to talk and joke around whit each other just fine (isnt really as chaotic as NA region), plus there is always a lurker or two answering questions (me for example), which is why I told OP and the Player I spoke of to ask region, since there might be someone there that will answer your question.

Oh there would definitely be people answering questions in region, but trusting most of them to be giving good advice would generally be.... a bad idea. 😁

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I mean... Why didnt you buy it straight up to begin with from DE? Why go through trade? I'm confused.

They do. It's for use in purchasing single items, not plat. Cannot be applied to all items listed on the market. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Incorrect.  Although they are very rare, 75% coupons do exist on console.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

Slight correction: Discounts do exist on console.  They aren't the same as for PC though.
Discount coupons on console allow them to buy a single item for the listed discount, doesn't apply to bundles or a few other items from the store.

Ah then the OP got burnt while trying to cirumvent the system, which isnt allowed to begin with. All coupons are personal and not intended to be traded to other players. Hence why it is a bannable offense to trade between alt accounts or buy plat for your friends/clannies with your coupons.

"Non-Warframe Item Trading: Trading in-game items for non-game items (including cash) is a violation of the Terms of Use/EULA, and can lead to your account being banned. If the items can't be traded within the Trade UI, it is not a supported trade."

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/517634-psa-tenno-safe-trading-tips/

Please do not trade for promises.