Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

Acersecomic

Okay, maybe not the ultimate test, but just look at this weeks challenges. (i know it would be important to state how many minutes/hours i play regurlaly put i cant really say so 😕 maybe 1hour, 2 hours a day?)

Elite Weekly - 3 Sorties -  I can only speak for myself, but my goal is to play 1 Sortie every day, even if I or you can just play every other day this is manageable and will fall into MY normal routine of playing wf - i dont play sorties for the nightwave rewards i play 'em for boosters or rivens - additional time spent 0 minutes for 5.000 Standing

Elite Weelky Kill 1500 Enemies - as of (thursday) already done. While playing the game. I never started 1 particular mission just to kill enemies. Normally i play the sortie (3 missions various types) some kuva survivals between 10 to 20min and _trying_ to do 1 ESO every other day. Can't really put my finger on how realistic it is that everyone is able to get this done but it feels so. passively doable - additional time spent 0 minutes for 5.000 Standing

Weekly - 3 Mobile Defense mission - already completed as on thursday - while doing sortie and fissure runs - tomorrow is baro returning - additional time spent 0 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Polarize with 3 Forma - Actually Done for 3K - i know this will be controversial! Let's just say, i haven't done it 😉

Weekly - Complete 3 Spy Mission - done as fissure runs. To be fair, spy missions tent to be in average 1-2 minutes longer than exterminate and especially rescue/capture missions so - additional time spent 6 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Weekly - Complete 3 Exterminate Mission - done on thursday with sorties and maybe 1-2 fissure runs. NO real struggle. additional time spent 0 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Weekly - Find all caches in Sabotage Mission -  i have to admit im kinda "good" in finding syndicate sculps and stuff - but at least 2 out of three were completed afk - just join hive sabotage on Eris (?) people are farming for Shell Shock and High Voltage all day - they find 'em for you. As i don't normally run this mission - it was just taking some time. And i was really lucky getting High Voltage - which i sold for 50plat if i remember correctly - lets say additional time spent 10 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Daily -150 Electricity Damage - i never try to get this done the day im getting the challenge - i have 3 days time for it. Can be completed while doing Lith & Meso Fissures no real additional time spent 0 minutes for 1.000 Standing

Daily -150 Radiation Damage - i never try to get this done the day im getting the challenge - i have 3 days time for it. Can be completed while doing Lith & Meso Fissures no real additional time spent 0 minutes for 1.000 Standing

So far uncompleted: Kill Hydrolyst (5K) either with luck u can join a public group - this can take up to 1 hour to do; most tedious this week ... , Help  Clem (3K) mostly 10min low level survival where u could tick off one or two of the daily Kill-Challenges, still 10 minutes, Catch 6 rare fishes (3K) most of the time i would need 5-10 minutes top, but i dislike all fishing and mining, so i'm going to skip this for sure. Daily 150 Magnetic Kill - still ongoing; im at 50% and will mostly finish it tomorrow but, to be fair, lets keep it in this list (1K) - 11K undone. This can be a good backup for weeks where some may not run as many challenges, though some weeks i could tick off every challenge. but i try to focus on just this week as a reference ...

So, as i think and feel, i managed to get 24K standing on thursday without much effort - with dailys missing for thursday friday saturday and sunday; additional 4K - and for sure pretty easy - i basically "need" 30K every week to hit Rank30 in 10 weeks. My additional time was  quarter an hour in a week!

I think, most people here try to help the you guys who feel stressed and burnt out - for example: i started the very first week of nightwave doing all challenges on the very first day, after this i realized i can tick off mobile defense, exterminate, spy and assassion missions just buy playing sorties, which i will do anyways...so maybe the self-incflicted stress is in not doing all the challenges but trying to do 'em as fast as possible?

In my clan, I was one of the first actually having the umbra forma. but until now i havent even used it. XD - so much for selfharm.

i may understand that some of the "features" nightwave has can inflict stress, as a tip i would just try to avoid the very nasty of them and see if i can manage the rest while playing the game the way i used to play it ...

Edited by cyber_sash

13 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I didn't think I needed to list -every- Nightwave mission to make my point.

Yeah, you just conveniently left out the more intricate ones. I have no problems with the ones that you can knock off in the background while you do your own thing and is what I approve of the most since you can do them just playing how you want to play generally. I'm more so baffled by the need for there to be any "challenge" at all because really.. is this what people were asking for? To do Survivals for 60 minutes of their time for 5000 standing? ( now 30 minutes ). I don't get the purpose, especially when this is replacing alerts and does absolutely nothing to give new players the items they might looking for through them. Isn't the challenge supposed be sought after from sorties? Arbitrations? and so on.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Moreover, everyone needs to stop acting like a company is somehow "evil" for incentivising plat purchases.  Forma is VERY EASILY accessible WITHOUT plat.  Run a relic mission, have one building every day. You're not likely going to out-use  your forma...  

It is pretty dirty and for any new players or people lacking in forma for whatever reason. The only possible way to beat this challenge if you play warframe late in the week is to spend plat, right? Unless you know of a way to bypass the 24 hour wait to create forma if you happen to have none.

13 hours ago, cyber_sash said:

Okay, maybe not the ultimate test, but just look at this weeks challenges. (i know it would be important to state how many minutes/hours i play regurlaly put i cant really say so 😕 maybe 1hour, 2 hours a day?)

Elite Weekly - 3 Sorties -  I can only speak for myself, but my goal is to play 1 Sortie every day, even if I or you can just play every other day this is manageable and will fall into MY normal routine of playing wf - i dont play sorties for the nightwave rewards i play 'em for boosters or rivens - additional time spent 0 minutes for 5.000 Standing

Elite Weelky Kill 1500 Enemies - as of (thursday) already done. While playing the game. I never started 1 particular mission just to kill enemies. Normally i play the sortie (3 missions various types) some kuva survivals between 10 to 20min and _trying_ to do 1 ESO every other day. Can't really put my finger on how realistic it is that everyone is able to get this done but it feels so. passively doable - additional time spent 0 minutes for 5.000 Standing

Weekly - 3 Mobile Defense mission - already completed as on thursday - while doing sortie and fissure runs - tomorrow is baro returning - additional time spent 0 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Polarize with 3 Forma - Actually Done for 3K - i know this will be controversial! Let's just say, i haven't done it 😉

Weekly - Complete 3 Spy Mission - done as fissure runs. To be fair, spy missions tent to be in average 1-2 minutes longer than exterminate and especially rescue/capture missions so - additional time spent 6 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Weekly - Complete 3 Exterminate Mission - done on thursday with sorties and maybe 1-2 fissure runs. NO real struggle. additional time spent 0 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Weekly - Find all caches in Sabotage Mission -  i have to admit im kinda "good" in finding syndicate sculps and stuff - but at least 2 out of three were completed afk - just join hive sabotage on Eris (?) people are farming for Shell Shock and High Voltage all day - they find 'em for you. As i don't normally run this mission - it was just taking some time. And i was really lucky getting High Voltage - which i sold for 50plat if i remember correctly - lets say additional time spent 10 minutes for 3.000 Standing

Daily -150 Electricity Damage - i never try to get this done the day im getting the challenge - i have 3 days time for it. Can be completed while doing Lith & Meso Fissures no real additional time spent 0 minutes for 1.000 Standing

Daily -150 Radiation Damage - i never try to get this done the day im getting the challenge - i have 3 days time for it. Can be completed while doing Lith & Meso Fissures no real additional time spent 0 minutes for 1.000 Standing

So far uncompleted: Kill Hydrolyst (5K) either with luck u can join a public group - this can take up to 1 hour to do; most tedious this week ... , Help  Clem (3K) mostly 10min low level survival where u could tick off one or two of the daily Kill-Challenges, still 10 minutes, Catch 6 rare fishes (3K) most of the time i would need 5-10 minutes top, but i dislike all fishing and mining, so i'm going to skip this for sure. Daily 150 Magnetic Kill - still ongoing; im at 50% and will mostly finish it tomorrow but, to be fair, lets keep it in this list (1K) - 11K undone. This can be a good backup for weeks where some may not run as many challenges, though some weeks i could tick off every challenge. but i try to focus on just this week as a reference ...

So, as i think and feel, i managed to get 24K standing on thursday without much effort - with dailys missing for thursday friday saturday and sunday; additional 4K - and for sure pretty easy - i basically "need" 30K every week to hit Rank30 in 10 weeks. My additional time was  quarter an hour in a week!

I think, most people here try to help the you guys who feel stressed and burnt out - for example: i started the very first week of nightwave doing all challenges on the very first day, after this i realized i can tick off mobile defense, exterminate, spy and assassion missions just buy playing sorties, which i will do anyways...so maybe the self-incflicted stress is in not doing all the challenges but trying to do 'em as fast as possible?

In my clan, I was one of the first actually having the umbra forma. but until now i havent even used it. XD - so much for selfharm.

i may understand that some of the "features" nightwave has can inflict stress, as a tip i would just try to avoid the very nasty of them and see if i can manage the rest while playing the game the way i used to play it ...

Well said. Its a pity more people don't realise you can accomplish a lot of the tasks simply with normal gameplay. Why they treat it as some sort of additional burden I really don't know.

Also, as you've shown, you don't have to do marathon grind sessions to complete most of them either...and just a little bit of thought & planning can save you a lot of stress.

12 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Yeah, you just conveniently left out the more intricate ones. I have no problems with the ones that you can knock off in the background while you do your own thing and is what I approve of the most since you can do them just playing how you want to play generally. I'm more so baffled by the need for there to be any "challenge" at all because really.. is this what people were asking for? To do Survivals for 60 minutes of their time for 5000 standing? ( now 30 minutes ). I don't get the purpose, especially when this is replacing alerts and does absolutely nothing to give new players the items they might looking for through them. Isn't the challenge supposed be sought after from sorties? Arbitrations? and so on.

It is pretty dirty and for any new players or people lacking in forma for whatever reason. The only possible way to beat this challenge if you play warframe late in the week is to spend plat, right? Unless you know of a way to bypass the 24 hour wait to create forma if you happen to have none.

To BOTH your responses...
..I'll say it again...

...JUST. SKIP. THEM.

You don't HAVE to complete -every- task!  As was WELL illustrated above by @cyber_sash, you have 10 weeks (and had even MORE on Season 1, as it was extended) to get your Rank 30.  Each rank is only 10k standing.  300k standing (30 ranks x 10k each) is just 30k standing per week...  That's not alot. 2 Elites is already a THIRD of that.   Not to mention you get standing from just grinding Wolf/Convicts on random missions...

Basically, we AND DE have been telling you that you only need  60-70% of the missions completed to get to Rank 30...and yet you keep on insisting on how difficult it is to do like...1% of those missions...  I don't get why you keep zeroing in on that when even the DEVS have told you to just skip it!

Ye Olde mantra of "60%" has been debunked so many times, for a variety of reasons, all leading to situations where that just doesn't compute or work out.

Just posting this, because the posts trying to use it as a last word on the topic are laughable. (as they'll likely laugh just as hard at this - except, this is reality, and the 60% is a nice theoretical that doesn't work out in some real-world scenarios.)

"Just Skip Them" doesn't work out unless you can manage to do Elite Weeklies, as well as all the rest... that you're... oh, right, skipping. 13k can be skipped per week in a perfect world where the event lasts exactly their planned 10 weeks, and you get to play every single week. 15k of that, in the current reward set-up, comes from elite weeklies. If you miss a week (common enough to include 2 weeks realistically, those going on planned vacations, or work trips, etc), you loose 43 to 86k standing (60k mandatory standing, that now has to be crammed into the remaining 8 weeks. In those 8 remaining weeks, now, you need 37.5k, or 12 Elite Challenges.

If you CAN'T do a majority of Elite Challenges (profit taker, hour long survival junk, tridolon capture, etc), "skipping" weeklies you don't like no longer applies, and you're "Forced" to do stuff you don't want to do, that you "can" do, just to get all the possible points available to you.

The extended period of the first series cannot be used as a base-line for future series' and we already know the reward structure is changing for series 2 to give MORE standing for each act, with fewer acts possible... so we don't know the new basic requirements (how many per week of each type will be needed.) The "Catch-up" mechanic stipulating that you have to complete ALL the acts from the current week before you can gain access to a prior week's acts is just as problematic for these people as if the catch-up mechanic didn't exist at all, if they just can't do sorties yet, or any other reason that prevents them from finishing the current week.

So yeah, keep saying "60%", "60%", just skip what you don't like... it won't make it any more true.

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
time/times

33 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Ye Olde mantra of "60%" has been debunked so many time, for a variety of reasons, all leading to situations where that just doesn't compute or work out.

Just posting this, because the posts trying to use it as a last word on the topic are laughable. (as they'll likely laugh just as hard at this - except, this is reality, and the 60% is a nice theoretical that doesn't work out in some real-world scenarios.)

"Just Skip Them" doesn't work out unless you can manage to do Elite Weeklies, as well as all the rest... that you're... oh, right, skipping. 13k can be skipped per week in a perfect world where the event lasts exactly their planned 10 weeks, and you get to play every single week. 15k of that, in the current reward set-up, comes from elite weeklies. If you miss a week (common enough to include 2 weeks realistically, those going on planned vacations, or work trips, etc), you loose 43 to 86k standing (60k mandatory standing, that now has to be crammed into the remaining 8 weeks. In those 8 remaining weeks, now, you need 37.5k, or 12 Elite Challenges.

If you CAN'T do a majority of Elite Challenges (profit taker, hour long survival junk, tridolon capture, etc), "skipping" weeklies you don't like no longer applies, and you're "Forced" to do stuff you don't want to do, that you "can" do, just to get all the possible points available to you.

The extended period of the first series cannot be used as a base-line for future series' and we already know the reward structure is changing for series 2 to give MORE standing for each act, with fewer acts possible... so we don't know the new basic requirements (how many per week of each type will be needed.) The "Catch-up" mechanic stipulating that you have to complete ALL the acts from the current week before you can gain access to a prior week's acts is just as problematic for these people as if the catch-up mechanic didn't exist at all, if they just can't do sorties yet, or any other reason that prevents them from finishing the current week.

So yeah, keep saying "60%", "60%", just skip what you don't like... it won't make it any more true.

I agree that there is a massive problem with the catch up mechanic. There is also a massive flaw with the weekly/elite balance. If they would have done it right they would have removed an elite mission and added extra weeklies instead. Newer players are more likely to have access to weekly content than elite content. 

Reducing both and increasing the gain simply doesnt help. A newer player will lose 30% chance to get acts he has access to, meaning that each missed weekly/elite costs him far more than previously. In s1 a missed elite would cost 5k standing, a missed elite in s2 will cost 7.5k (logically) and a missed weekly was 3k and a s2 weekly will be 4.2k. That is if they dont rebalance the reward so the loss for a missed act is less severe.

I hope they've redistributed the 11k standing from the reduced weekly/elite across all 3 act types.

Completely disagree with this, sure it wasn't perfect but it was successful in it's purpose more so than Alerts. Played missions I normally wouldn't and changed my play style for certain other which was refreshing from doing the same thing over and over.
Fairly easy to reach the final reward as well (for veterans), got it 3-4 weeks before ending, even though I skipped some of the more annoying NW missions and an entire week because I didn't have time for it.
Only thing I would change is the amount of wolf credits you get before finishing it as it's not really enough for reactors/catalysts and nitain. You can still get plenty of those as after lvl 30 where each additional level gives you 15creds though.

On 2019-05-17 at 1:04 PM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

To BOTH your responses...
..I'll say it again...

...JUST. SKIP. THEM.

So, I've been skipping nightwave since reaching Rank 30 about 3 weeks back. I just made it to rank 33 today. Yeah... Skipping doesn't seem like a smart idea. If only there was a way for me to skip this, but also get the benefits. Something involving premium currency. Hmm...

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, I've been skipping nightwave since reaching Rank 30 about 3 weeks back. I just made it to rank 33 today. Yeah... Skipping doesn't seem like a smart idea. If only there was a way for me to skip this, but also get the benefits. Something involving premium currency. Hmm...

Then it would be called "pay to win" and people would have a fit, as that goes against most of what DE has done with Warframe.

It would also defeat the -entire- purpose of Nightwave.

I mean, if people need Potatoes/Forma/Mods/Cosmetics, those are (mostly) already available for plat. but if you're rank 33, skipping things is fine.  I'm Rank 33 and I skipped like...the first 2-3 WEEKS of NW, and even then kinda half-arsed it.  Still completed it with time to spare and got all the rewards. 

People don't need to get all the "shop" items in first Nightwave season, either.  The mods are beginner auras, the Vauban parts are only needed once to get the frame... so people don't -need- all the Wolf Creds to get ALL the things -every- season.  They can get what they NEED now (maybe they don't have the auras/Vauban yet) and next season they won't need that any longer, and can then focus on getting more of the other resources.

Players will always eventually get to the point where they don't need ANYTHING that's offered, and then they'll complain the "Wolf Creds are WORTHLESS!" instead of being "too scarce".  It's all a matter of perspective. In actuality, it's not a big deal, and it's not an ongoing problem.  Get what you need now, you'll already have it later and can get other stuff then.

Kinda like...The FIRST time I want to start baking cakes, I need to invest in a mixer, ingredients, pans, utensils....
It's "expensive".
But the 2nd time onward, I'll already HAVE those items and won't need to buy a NEW mixer, pans, etc...  Just the ingredients (assuming I don't have some left over!)

In the exact same way, players don't need everything from the shop all the time.

Edited by (PS4)Taishin_Ishu

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Then it would be called "pay to win" and people would have a fit, as that goes against most of what DE has done with Warframe.

Sorry, but this is Warframe in a nutshell. Or was before Nightwave. Don't like this grind? You can skip it by buying it. I brought every single Warframe since Nidus since I couldn't be bothered with the grind for them. Does that make the game pay to win? No, not at all. That's pay to skip, and I'm absolutely willing to pay in order to skip the Nightwave grind as well. It's been a thing in Warframe since the very beginning, acting like doing the same thing for Nightwave is somehow going to turn the game p2w is plain stupid.

Just like with all the other things in Warframe, you either get them for free by partaking into the grind, or pay to skip the grind. I skipped ESO by paying for Khora, I skipped Arbies by paying for Adaptation, I skipped the Vox Solaris grind by buying Baruuk and Garuda, and the Exploiter Orb by buying Hildryn, so why can't we skip Nightwave by buying the Cosmetics and Umbral Forma? It's not like it's something Warframe has never done before, they've always done it. And yes, after buying those, I have been playing the game modes, simply because the stress wasn't there and I could enjoy them for what they are rather than worry about a terrible drop rate and burn myself out.

• Like 1

I can now finally think about leveling weapons that aren't snipers or maybe Kitguns (never built one)! I used Lanka for the forma challenge and took Wolf down with that. And yes, I actually did need an ammo restore even though radiation Lanka does amazing damage to Wolf (Opticor Vandal can do it without a restore, but it has a 200 round reserve)!

10 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Sorry, but this is Warframe in a nutshell. Or was before Nightwave. Don't like this grind? You can skip it by buying it. I brought every single Warframe since Nidus since I couldn't be bothered with the grind for them. Does that make the game pay to win? No, not at all. That's pay to skip, and I'm absolutely willing to pay in order to skip the Nightwave grind as well. It's been a thing in Warframe since the very beginning, acting like doing the same thing for Nightwave is somehow going to turn the game p2w is plain stupid.

Just like with all the other things in Warframe, you either get them for free by partaking into the grind, or pay to skip the grind. I skipped ESO by paying for Khora, I skipped Arbies by paying for Adaptation, I skipped the Vox Solaris grind by buying Baruuk and Garuda, and the Exploiter Orb by buying Hildryn, so why can't we skip Nightwave by buying the Cosmetics and Umbral Forma? It's not like it's something Warframe has never done before, they've always done it. And yes, after buying those, I have been playing the game modes, simply because the stress wasn't there and I could enjoy them for what they are rather than worry about a terrible drop rate and burn myself out.

You missed my point, then.   DE wants you to PLAY the game.  Nightwave isn't a -mission node- or some specific quest to "skip".  It's just a passive checklist.  That's literally all it is. There's literally nothing to "skip".

They offer rewards like the armor set and such to incentivise participation in those little mini-challenges.  The GOAL of Nightwave is to get players to engage in what Warframe has to offer, not skip through it...this helps extend the playtime/life of Warframe ,whether you see it that way or not.

Nightwave didn't "shut off" the rest of the game. You can completely ignore it if  you want and go about your normal missions, and hey..you'll probably STILL rank up in NW, because that's how it's designed!   

Not everything is meant to be bought outright.  Some things need to be -earned-.  You don't wanna make the effort, ya don't get the reward.  That's not "bad game design", it's just entitlement on the players' behalf.

10 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Destroy it, i hate purpose of nightwave!

That's, like, your opinion, man.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

You missed my point, then.   DE wants you to PLAY the game.  Nightwave isn't a -mission node- or some specific quest to "skip".  It's just a passive checklist.  That's literally all it is. There's literally nothing to "skip".

They offer rewards like the armor set and such to incentivise participation in those little mini-challenges.  The GOAL of Nightwave is to get players to engage in what Warframe has to offer, not skip through it...this helps extend the playtime/life of Warframe ,whether you see it that way or not.

Nightwave didn't "shut off" the rest of the game. You can completely ignore it if  you want and go about your normal missions, and hey..you'll probably STILL rank up in NW, because that's how it's designed!   

Not everything is meant to be bought outright.  Some things need to be -earned-.  You don't wanna make the effort, ya don't get the reward.  That's not "bad game design", it's just entitlement on the players' behalf.

DE also wants you to PLAY Arbies, ESO, Orb Vallis and so on, the modes and nodes that you oh so casually threw away. Also, yes there is something to skip. The ranks. Skip from 1 to 30 with some plat and let me go on with my game.

ESO, Arbies, Orb Vallis and so on also have rewards to incentivize player participation. They're still skippable.

Yeah, I already said that playing the game my way only yielded me 3 ranks after 3 weeks. Nightwave ain't running for 30 weeks, so, I'm basically screwed if I do that. And don't act like it's "optional". No company makes "optional" content, they want you to play it. DE wants you to play Nightwave, else they wouldn't have made it. But Nightwave is just NOT FUN, so I wanna pay some money, get those rewards and go on to play the parts of the game that I actually find to be fun.

Yeah, well I'll be entitled then, cause that's what DE themselves taught me these past 5 years. Don't like something? Pay us money and you can skip it. That's how it worked since the game came out, and I'll wave my entitlement around until it starts working like that with trash like Nightwave too.

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

DE also wants you to PLAY Arbies, ESO, Orb Vallis and so on, the modes and nodes that you oh so casually threw away. Also, yes there is something to skip. The ranks. Skip from 1 to 30 with some plat and let me go on with my game.

ESO, Arbies, Orb Vallis and so on also have rewards to incentivize player participation. They're still skippable.

Yeah, I already said that playing the game my way only yielded me 3 ranks after 3 weeks. Nightwave ain't running for 30 weeks, so, I'm basically screwed if I do that. And don't act like it's "optional". No company makes "optional" content, they want you to play it. DE wants you to play Nightwave, else they wouldn't have made it. But Nightwave is just NOT FUN, so I wanna pay some money, get those rewards and go on to play the parts of the game that I actually find to be fun.

Yeah, well I'll be entitled then, cause that's what DE themselves taught me these past 5 years. Don't like something? Pay us money and you can skip it. That's how it worked since the game came out, and I'll wave my entitlement around until it starts working like that with trash like Nightwave too.

Dude, I'll spell it out for you again... NIGHTWAVE IS NOT CONTENT.  There are cutscenes, some dialogue, and some light lore... but otherwise, the overarching schtick of Nightwave is it is JUST a passive checklist.  It is not some node that you have to load into SEPARATE from your "normal gameplay".  It is just something that keeps track of what you do already, and doing certain actions, most of them things you'll do anyway, trigger rewards..

For example, killing 150 enemies...that's not something you have to say "Oh, poo..I was gonna run and play ESO....but now I gotta stop and do Nightwave instead!"  No, you just play ESO and get that Nightwave credit AT THE SAME TIME.

If you didn't get further than rank 3 in all this time...You've barely been playing.  I know, because -I- barely played because of irl stuff, and I STILL made rank 33.  Hell, I'd be further, but I don't need anything in the shop at the moment, so I've not really been trying for more standing, and I've not been on last few days because, again, irl duties come first.

If I can do it, so can you.  If you can't, then you don't get the trophies.  It's that simple.  The top prizes are REWARDS for making the (minuscule) effort to accomplish 2/3rds of the tasks...over 2 months...   You don't show up at a ballgame and just "buy" the championship trophy.  You don't show up at the Olympics and buy the Gold Medal and get to strut around as a "winner".  You do the work to get the gold.  And it's BARELY work in this case because it's stuff that people do every day anyway, with some things requiring the SLIGHTEST of effort.

Oh no, ya gotta click "Add Friend" to the rando...Oh no, ya gotta kill 1000 enemies...in a game about killing 1000s of enemies..How WILL you do it? 😛

FACT is this is a non-issue, and y'all just want to afk this game into the ground.

If you don't want to PLAY it, then find another game.  This isn't Flappy Bird, it's not AFK Sim, and DE has said many  times that while they need to make money, first and foremost, they do this because they love their GAME, not feeding entitlement.  Otherwise, they'd have left the Kubrow slot machine in.

On 2019-05-14 at 11:31 PM, Acersecomic said:

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

GOODBYE NIGHTWAVE, I HOPE YOU GET CANCELED!

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

And then... Season 2 is looming around the corner -.-
DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

netqkfcqscb11.jpg

31 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Pretty much everything is optional in Warframe. Its a multi-faceted game, that lets you skip or ignore a lot of stuff, or provides alternative ways to accomplish things.

Also Nightwave is not something you play. Its a checklist of things to remember to do while you're playing the actual content...y'know, the FUN stuff you mentioned.

All you gotta do is play enough to complete the challenges.

If you can't do that - you've only got yourself to blame.

And yes, you do come across as incredibly entitled...throwing your toys out of your pram because the system doesn't suit you. Well it suits plenty of others, in case you hadn't noticed. Did you get this annoyed when you missed an Alert mission?

Edited by FlusteredFerret

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Let me ask you both this: How would it HARM you (or the game) if the option to skip Nightwave was in the game?

You keep calling me entitled, but you act like adding a skip option (paid, mind, not free) will murder your children. How's that not entitlement as well?

• Like 3

They are making the tasks easier and not as "pressuring", yet people still complain.

It's like you people don't like playing Warframe, why are you here then? We get something to do, a weekly path on things to do during droughts and now that's stressful? Don't be such a joke, please, this is not remotely close to a job and you have plenty of time to do it (or not do it).

You can play normally and still get the majority of the challenges done. I've ranked up 8 tiers after reaching rank 30 from JUST FARMING KUVA SIPHONS.

Edited by Pandigueiro

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Let me ask you both this: How would it HARM you (or the game) if the option to skip Nightwave was in the game?

You keep calling me entitled, but you act like adding a skip option (paid, mind, not free) will murder your children. How's that not entitlement as well?

Because we don't expect to get anything out of what we're saying...thus, we don't believe we're entitled to anything...

Anyways, I already spelled out (several times) how it would harm the game.  Reread those replies and you'll see that...

...but to reiterate, skipping content is like reading a summary of a season of a TV show or skimming through a book without actually reading the pages in full...

...You're not fully taking part in the content, and thus are missing out on the EXPERIENCE.  Thus the "victory" is hollow and meaningless, leading to a sense of "This game is dumb", even though you didn't really PLAY it, and that's not only bad for the game's image when people are posting that all over social media, but it's just plain bad for the game's playerbase..

Putting that unqualified opinion out there is going to hurt numbers by dissuading new players from joining/staying, old players from returning, and promotes a toxic environment socially in that it creates this negative caricature of what the game "is" without actually UNDERSTANDING said game.

It's like.... Imagine just going out to play American Baseball, but instead you just pay the ref $100 to run a quick lap around the bases and call it a "win".  You didn't go up to bat, you didn't invest your time and attention into LEARNING the skills of the game. You didn't train your body to endure the sport... You've essentially deprived yourself of the GROWTH, the JOURNEY of getting from newbie to vet, and so that "home run" means absolutely nothing, and you'd walk away thinking "Man, that  was dumb....why does anyone come to these games?  They just run around in the dirt after swinging a bat a few times?"

DE wants you to invest money in things that you use to PLAY, not just to bypass the actual playing of the game itself.  

Anyway, I'm not gonna speak for @FlusteredFerret but ...if you can't understand what I'm trying to say by now, there's no point in repeating myself again.

Just now, Pandigueiro said:

They are making the tasks easier and not as "pressuring", yet people still complain.

It's like you people don't like playing Warframe, why are you here then? We get something to do, a weekly path on things to do during droughts and now that's stressful? Don't be such a joke, please.

BINGO!  Why don't people get this?  

See, when I was a kid...if I picked up a game I didn't like, I just stopped playing it and played other stuff till I found something I DID like.

I didn't demand the devs change the game to accommodate my tastes...I found the games that already did that.  These "players" have it all backwards!

1 minute ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Hey flappy zephyr is a thing.

Now we add a plat skip to get any event cosmetic rewards because people don't want to play it. /s

Flappy Zephyr is amazing!  Honestly, the mini-games are horribly underrated and overlooked, imo.   I even build an entire ARCADE (Tron-style) room in my dojo dedicated to the Ludoplex, lol.  I'd love to see MORE minigames.