Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave - Life back in Warframe

Acersecomic

5 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Events are events, they run for a short little while, include 1 weapon and a sigil. They are called events for a reason

So basically you're saying you need them to draw a big sign in crayon that says "SEASONS" before you believe it? Because that's what Nightwave is, Seasons. And seasons are called seasons for a reason and have limited time gear. That's normal. You don't HAVE to do it. You weighed up in your mind that it was worth your time over spending that time with your family, working, LIFE etc. Then you were silly enough to complain about a conscious decision you made.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I've already said I'm gonna peace out if Season 2 ain't an improvement, so I'm just waiting for it to show up and confirm my suspicions. I doubt I'm alone, so I hope DE enjoys bleeding players.

If you're an example of the sort of players that the game will be bleeding. I say "Bring on Season 2!"

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

It's funny how being told to do something can kind of build a level of resentment towards something in general. I've experienced that a lot with nightwave unfortunately. Once I got everything I was so happy I didn't have to do stuff I had zero interest in anymore. I also will admit I had moments where I just signed in and went "meh" left to do something where I didn't have anything being asked of me and could play at my leisure. 

The fact nitain was locked behind doing the tasks was enough to bother people.

I'm glad however they are making these tasks more casual and reasonable with these changes. There should be something changed with the creds you obtain. All I'm saying on that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

then... Season 2 is looming around the corner -.-
DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited tim

Normally I like season content. If done well like in rainbow six I really enjoy it. I love the idea of getting exclusive skins and so on. 

But I agree that in warframe it doesn't really work. Sure, I wouldn't mind exclusive skins or armour which they have already done, but the whole concept and idea of a 'seasonal' thing in warframe doesn't make too much sense because of the style of gameplay in warframe 

10 часов назад, McGoodGreen сказал:

The challenges are literally things you do in the game already. Simply tweaking your element, or doing 3 of one of the existing missions, or even making a weapon stronger with forma, are all aspects of the game. Some people might find fishing tedious, others find it relaxing, and it blows by in a matter of minutes regardless of your opinion on it. 

Not every challenge is going to be everyones cup of tea. But nothing, no event, no tactical alert, no mission, is everyones cup of tea. To reap the most of Nightwave you need to tackle all aspects of Warframes challenges. Honestly, there isn't anything wrong with that. Warframe is not a spy simulator, or a defense simulator, or a fishing simulator. Warframe is a game about one overpowered person, going everywhere in the system where they are most needed. There is beauty in Warframe in that, you can spend hours doing whatever specific mission you want, but I find it perfectly reasonable game play to get the best rewards for doing a chunk of everything. If a few challenges are not your cup of tea, good news...you can get all the rewards without doing every challenge. It was stated by the Dev's, and proven by the players. 

If you find Nightwave tedious, you find Warframe tedious.

Thats things to do for scrubs. After more than 1000 hours you will no longer have need want or interest in such low level trash missions, dont even get me started on things like 10 different bounties or 10 nigtmare missions or 10 syndicates missions. THATS NOT WHAT I WANT TO FREAKING DO in warframe and certainly not on lv 10 and certainly not for an hour a day and certainly not for 2 at max relevant rewards in 10 weeks straight. Dump this garbage and replace it all with ESO, sorties, Wolf Hunt, arbitration, orb kill or eidilon, make lv 80 or higher level missions like spies with no ciphers. And you know whats most important? ONE ONE OF THESE IS MORE THAN NUFF FOR A DAY, SO 6 OR 7 TOTAL PER WEEK. Give players freaking options, dont force to do low level trash they dont want, reward more difficult ones with more standing, create decent rewards and not award it all in the very end, dont make it into boring chores, remove idiotic with friends or clanmates that yeilds you more than everything else put together, HOW FREAKING HARD THAT IS. 

7 hours ago, Chipputer said:

And congratulations that you do. God forbid DE introduce a system that asks you to play their game.

Useless platitude.

DE has to appeal to the broad majority. You obviously aren't within that. You can either adapt, ignore, or quit. It's your choice.

Lol i guess he is, since DE changed LOT of nightwave thingies to appeal people like him.

46 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Thats things to do for scrubs. After more than 1000 hours you will no longer have need want or interest in such low level trash missions, dont even get me started on things like 10 different bounties or 10 nigtmare missions or 10 syndicates missions. THATS NOT WHAT I WANT TO FREAKING DO in warframe and certainly not on lv 10 and certainly not for an hour a day and certainly not for 2 at max relevant rewards in 10 weeks straight. Dump this garbage and replace it all with ESO, sorties, Wolf Hunt, arbitration, orb kill or eidilon, make lv 80 or higher level missions like spies with no ciphers. And you know whats most important? ONE ONE OF THESE IS MORE THAN NUFF FOR A DAY, SO 6 OR 7 TOTAL PER WEEK. Give players freaking options, dont force to do low level trash they dont want, reward more difficult ones with more standing, create decent rewards and not award it all in the very end, dont make it into boring chores, remove idiotic with friends or clanmates that yeilds you more than everything else put together, HOW FREAKING HARD THAT IS. 

If DE will only do high-level mission challenges, then Nightwave will only create more division among players. I wish it was possible too. I just scratch my head when I read bullet jumping or vandalizing with glyphs as challenges but I guess everyone must at least be able to participate in their own capacity. Everything I read about Series 2 is about reduction already. Only 5 acts from the current 7, only 2 Elite Weekly ones from 3,  60 minutes to 30-minute runs, 40 waves to 30, 10 conservation down to 6 and 10 bounties to 5. All this shaved off challenges to be done with the same amount of rewards we have now. I think it is a fair enough improvement.

Edited by Alpha_Tango
added some info

I never said only, I said litetally GIVE PLAYERS A CHOICE not as in no choice aka well you can do or dont, give a list of missions that count towards nightwave for this week so you can actually do what you like and have 2 version of it, starchat level and higher. 

But even thats all point less with even conclave having 10 times better rewards and 10 times more rewards than nightwave. Mode itself sucks and so its rewards. 

You read about reduced time but no one said make sorties lv 10 either, reduction time doesnt make it easier, just no one freaking wants to play endless for 20 or more waves just for a single nightwave point. Hell it can scale from lv 50 to 150 in 10 waves, it would be better than from 10 to 50 in 40 waves or so

• Like 1

Nightwave itself I don't have much of an issue with.  I like the idea of rewarding players for going outside of their comfort zones or doing something they might not normally do otherwise, unless you give them a carrot.

I don't like how forma, potatoes, nitain, and cosmetic helm alerts aren't around anymore. Felt like I was getting more of them through alerts (aside from nitain, that with creds I'm fine with).

Some of the "challenges" were either super easy, or long, tedious and.. frankly boring (60min survival, 40 wave defense etc). The 'need a friend/clanmate" ones I think shouldn't really exist. If players don't want to play together - whatever their reason - forcing them to play, even for a mission, isn't a good idea. I think there are quite a few improvements that they could do for it.But I will wait and see before I pass *judgement*. And with how DE takes criticism, it won't matter anyways - they'll mostly ignore it.

For those saying they barely got any nightwave 'ranks'.. I'm Rank 51, did them casually (even took 2 weeks off during) and never went 'balls to the wall' on it.  

If you aren't getting ranks, means your doing one or two mission types (and that's it) ain't cutting it. Simple as that.  It's fine it if you don't want to do the stuff nightwave wants you to do, but don't complain of not getting rewards if you aren't willing to do the 'work' no matter how tedious or boring it might be. 

In the end, I think nightwave is an interesting idea, not unique, but interesting. They have much room for improvement, but I think alerts should come back in a more profound and meaningful way than they were before to work ALONGSIDE nightwave, not be 'one or the other' or fighting against each other. Have them compliment and work together. 

Random idea: Perhaps buff dark sectors and nightmare (lol) missions, and then incorporate some new or better rewards (no common drops like pressure point), and add that to the 'new and reworked' alert system as a start.

16 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You read about reduced time but no one said make sorties lv 10 either, reduction time doesnt make it easier, just no one freaking wants to play endless for 20 or more waves just for a single nightwave point. Hell it can scale from lv 50 to 150 in 10 waves, it would be better than from 10 to 50 in 40 waves or so

The thing is, you cannot simply think about what you are capable of doing and see that as the litmus test for every challenge that they must do. There is nothing wrong with wanting harder challenges for less amount of time invested. But a compromise with the whole player base must be made in the end.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Nightwave is ending, no more stress, no more being afraid I won't make it to the armor set and umbral forma... I managed to get it... barely...

GOODBYE NIGHTWAVE, I HOPE YOU GET CANCELED!

And you know what? Now  that Nightwave is behind me I am finaly enjoying Warframe again. I went out and farmed for materials, bought components, built stuff, goofed around, traded and earned some plat... I feel like everything's ok again. I am playing Warframe for the sake of playing and having fun again. I'm having fun again.

And then... Season 2 is looming around the corner -.-
DE, please stop... stop seasonal content, stop limited time content like this... this isn't a tactical alert or something... Nightwave is here to stay and it is stressful, frustrating, pressuring, time consuming and disrespectful towards the players. Please stop this. Do not lock stuffs exclusively behind these Seasons... You're better than this.

You can go away with your opinion because it is not universally shared.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Im with you bro. Im with you....

I even surprise even myself that when Nightwave goes live, next 1hour, that is the last time i login into Warframe for period of 2 month. To make a hardcore player like me repulsing from it is astonishing feat. At first I think its a great addition to game just like many of us but it didn't take long for me to realize that how time consuming it is for someone with real lifeJob. Its like Doing 2 job in a day instead of having fun. again

Thx at Mogamu (ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT)

Thx for our Fortnut neighbour. 

I have a full time job and I got it done a couple weeks ago, without doing ALL the challenges and without stress.

15 hours ago, .Genix. said:

DE typically holds back on the new alt helms for a month or two, they would "forget" to put it in alert rotations so people would be more likely to buy it. They probably "forgot" to put it in the nightwave shop rotations.

They don't "forget" to do anything. This is patently false as I've obtained several alt helms for newly released frames before they were more than a week.

• Like 1

I have to agree with OP. My wife and I enjoyed Warframe tremendously until Nightwave. When it came out, the game turned into a chore for us. We actually finished it a couple weeks ago (got the Umbral), but we haven't yet recovered our love of the game. The only reason we log in anymore is to get the daily rewards - that's a bad sign. In other words, this: "To make a hardcore player like me repulsing from it is astonishing feat."

For those of you who don't feel the same as we do - great for you. I'm glad.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

You can go away with your opinion because it is not universally shared.

Sure - np.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

I have a real life job (among a lot of other things) I don't have a lot of time to play the game. When I login, I'm on a timeframe and my priorities are usually one of the following:

• Level a forma'd weapon.
  • Get ducats.
  • Get resources.
  • Eidolon hunt
  • Sortie
  • Grind for warframe parts

The way nightwave is set up interferes with the way I play the game. I'm not going to do 3 mobile defense missions in a row, while at the same time being in need of Orokin cells. Or need to advance to the next Vox Solaris level to get the new amp. Or an Eidolon hunt is starting and I have a chance to get arcane grace/energize.

It's annoying to rearrange mods on my favorite weapons just to end up with a less effective damage type so i can complete the nightwave challenge. Then rearrange the mods back again when I'm done. I like the way I had my weapon set up to begin. Other challenges just seem silly (socket ayatan sculptures, bullet jump 150 times, scan 25 objects)

For this reason, I've never focused on any of the nightwave challenges. If I happen to complete one while doing my normal activities, great. If not... I won't go out of my way just to get the nightwave stuff done.

You know you can do 3 Mobile Defenses over the -course of the week-, you don't have to do all 3 at once, AND you can do them whilst grinding for Prime Parts (Relics have MD missions) or in Sorties, looking for resources, etc.

As for the mods, you can setup different loadouts, 3 per frame, and different loadouts from there, too.  So no reason you can't just have one you can switch back and forth with.

ALSO, the "silly" challenges are just as "easy" to complete as any of the other old "alerts".  Y'all complain they're too "hard" or "complex", but then there's the easy stuff, and peeps wanna complain about that, too!

What SPACE have you given DE to operate in, then?

I didn't like NIghtwave for many reasons, but apparently they are fixing a lot of those reasons so I MAY give it another shot.

My main issue was there was only 1 or 2 rewards kind of useful for me and they were really far down the line, meaning it wasn't worth my time to do.

Then there was the issue of never seeing the Wolf throughout 5-6 weeks of the event even after being very active and doing the dailies/weeklies every day, sorties, all of that after him being hyped up, just killed the hype for me, again, this is likely to be fixed in season 2.

Edited by Bobveela

yea, nightwave is bad, yes timegating is suck, but my main problem with it how soulless nightwave is, how chalennges are completly RNG, how despite having some "lore" misiions are complitly random and not tied to story at all

it's so bad that DE decided to make it this way, if missions was thematically arranged and have some connection to Wolf's story backlash would be not that harsh

3 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

It's funny how being told to do something can kind of build a level of resentment towards something in general. I've experienced that a lot with nightwave unfortunately. Once I got everything I was so happy I didn't have to do stuff I had zero interest in anymore. I also will admit I had moments where I just signed in and went "meh" left to do something where I didn't have anything being asked of me and could play at my leisure. 

What is NOT "leisurely" about " Kill 20 enemies while Aim-Gliding" or "Open 20 Lockers"??  These "missions" weren't hard, or tedious....they were just a checklist of things you're mostly ALREADY DOING!

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

NIGHTWAVE IS NOT A "MODE".  It is JUST a checklist for accomplishments as you play what you already play, with the added benefit of MAYBE motivating players to play outside their normal "comfort bubble" so they see more of the game and give it a chance.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO ENGAGE WITH NIGHTWAVE AT ALL to play the normal game.

Alerts aside, NOTHING was removed from the game at large for Nightwave.  You can still run high level, low level, mid level, Eidolons, PT, Relics, ESO, etc...ALL of the game modes you enjoyed BEFORE Nightwave are STILL there!

Heck, most of MY Nightwave 'accomplishments' were gained WITHOUT CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO DO THEM.  I'd just be killing baddies in ESO and suddenly "Kill 150 Enemies with Viral. COMPLETED! +1000"  

I mean, in your own words... "HOW FREAKING HARD THAT IS."

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

I never said only, I said litetally GIVE PLAYERS A CHOICE not as in no choice aka well you can do or dont, give a list of missions that count towards nightwave for this week so you can actually do what you like and have 2 version of it, starchat level and higher. 

But even thats all point less with even conclave having 10 times better rewards and 10 times more rewards than nightwave. Mode itself sucks and so its rewards. 

You WERE given a choice! There were SEVERAL +1000, +3000, and +5000 standing accomplishments to choose from each week... There were also DAILIES that stayed active for 3 DAYS.  ALSO also, you could get standing from random Wolf/Convict encounters on TOP of all that...and you only needed 10k per rank!

THE GAME did not CHANGE to accommodate NightWave.  New levels weren't added...difficulties weren't changed...  Nothing became "easier" or "harder" as a result of adding Nightwave.  If you didn't like enemy scaling BEFORE Nightwave, you don't like it now....   

There's literally nothing harder about Nightwave existing.  Just play like you normally play...make the extra effort IF you want the reward. But it IS a REWARD, not a GIFT.  You need to do the work to get the prize.  Stop expecting it to be handed to you.

I'm surprised by this.

II certainly didnt find this was a chore. I had actually been away from the game for a month at the start so missed the first 2 or 3 weeks, but still easily passed level 30 with little effort. Once a week I would check the big missions and see if theres any to pass on, and to see any that are easy to farm. 

Thats then about it. I would do what I normally do in warframe but just give a little thought to how to complete nightwave while doing it. Run that next mission with a rad proc melee to get the kills needed, or run 3 of those fissure spy missions instead of sabotage to get the nightwave. Add in a few nightmare missions, waiting to forma things, and saving unfilled ayatans until those missions came round and hitting 30 is not much of a bother.

Then to top it all your not waiting for a tiny window of opportunity to get alert rewards which can only be a good thing IMHO.

I get that many people have really not liked it, but I found that every time I log in theres some little task that can be done to tick something off the list. I for one have enjoyed what nightwave offers more than any grind that might be connected.