Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since playing Oberon I've become everybodies dad

AltheusV

A strange thing happeed to me while playing oberon, I've become the parent of everyone I play with, fixing skinned knees, planting the garden, making those nasty statuses go away.

Am I strange for feeling like this?

• Like 3

3 минуты назад, AltheusV сказал:

A strange thing happeed to me while playing oberon, I've become the parent of everyone I play with, fixing skinned knees, planting the garden, making those nasty statuses go away.

There is no shame in caring for others!

4 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

No, that is the feeling of being a support/healer. Nurture that and cherish it.

1 hour ago, AltheusV said:

It happened to me in WoW ..once you go support, you'll never look back.

Oh and also you're gonna start despising the so called face tanking dps

19 minutes ago, Qmiras said:

Oh and also you're gonna start despising the so called face tanking dps

I wouldn't go that far.
When playing Oberon I have no problem with people face tanking stuff.
What I hate are people always running into Nullifier Bubbles, and losing my buffs. Especially in Arbitration I don't want to constantly recast Renewal.

• Like 2

The only annoying thing about this if you become the dad of Nekros' shadow minions too, who drain your energy using Renewal!

But this case aside, I like playing Oberon too. He can help out a lot in Arbitrations!

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Typo
  • Like 1

31 минуту назад, KokoroWish сказал:

People pair up Oberon and Titania for obvious reasons, but the real parental couple is Oberon/Hildryn.

No, Oberon and Hildryn filed for divorce 2 weeks after marriage because Hildryn kept Oberon from proccing Hunter Adrenaline.

True story. I had to run away several rooms from a Hildryn on a sortie Void survival just to get energy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AirMaskNinja said:

I’m the same thing, with Valkyr Prime I am everyone’s savior

That awkward situation when you constantly revive everyone in a difficult sortie assassination, but they let your Valkyr die, then the whole squad dies within minutes...

34 minutes ago, lnfine said:

No, Oberon and Hildryn filed for divorce 2 weeks after marriage because Hildryn kept Oberon from proccing Hunter Adrenaline.

True story. I had to run away several rooms from a Hildryn on a sortie Void survival just to get energy.

My friend, that's when Hildryn gracefully takes flight, more regal and graceful than any plebian Titania and showers you with Energy.

Edited by KokoroWish

2 hours ago, AltheusV said:

f514a9b868f1dcd599096830f78b928c6f28a4a1

CAUSE YOU THA DADDY!!!

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Unfortunately DE has removed 99+% of the reasons for a support frame to exist.

I hate to agree with this, but I do. In the current Warframe, you can almost completely replace all support simply by having another major DPS frame to kill enemies faster than they can hurt you. And that does apply to almost all Sorties, Arbitrations and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught as well.

• Like 1

I feel like that dad who has kids that don't like clothes. 

Cast hallowed ground and renewal to keep the kids warm. 

Kids run into nullifiers or jump into voids cause they don't like armor. 

Now I have to find them and make em wear it again. 

2 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

People pair up Oberon and Titania for obvious reasons, but the real parental couple is Oberon/Hildryn.

You must be high Oberon cannot have shields to make full use of Rage/Hunter Adrenaline!

Also, I don't kinda get why the OP feels that. Makes me feel more like a sugar daddy that gets cheated by his hoes when I play Oberon, really, given that I don't get acknowledged and people just beg for the heals/phoenix renewal.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I hate to agree with this, but I do. In the current Warframe, you can almost completely replace all support simply by having another major DPS frame to kill enemies faster than they can hurt you. And that does apply to almost all Sorties, Arbitrations and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught as well.

Ahem.

What you and a lot of other vets are forgetting is that there are plenty of players out there that haven't discovered the secrets of immortality. Just because you have gear that makes everything easy, doesn't mean everyone else does.

I still find myself buffing, reviving and shielding team mates in Survival / Defence missions quite often.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Ahem.

What you and a lot of other vets are forgetting is that there are plenty of players out there that haven't discovered the secrets of immortality. Just because you have gear that makes everything easy, doesn't mean everyone else does.

I still find myself buffing, reviving and shielding team mates in Survival / Defence missions quite often.

Everyone will always welcome buffs, but that doesn't make it essential anymore, not like the old days. The few months of learning the ropes and acquiring decent gear/mods versus the literal years of being overpowered doesn't balance out. Sure, people appreciate a Trinity. But having a frame that serves most of her usefulness before finishing the star chart is a waste. 

Again, because of the direction this game has moved you could actually eliminate 99% of the need of a Trinity or Nyx or many other support frames simply by having an extra Saryn on the team. The only reliable counter to this that DE has is when they spam their armies of Nullifiers in missions which really hinders the flow of gameplay for ALL possible loadouts.