Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's in favor for a less PC-heavy version of open-worlds?

p3z1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb -AiLuoLi-:

Earth bacame my least played planet after the remaster dropped due to the dumb vegetation that you can't turn off

That is the real problem. If they introduce new graphic features they should at least add an option to disable it.

And to be fair, they have disabled features in the past for low end PCs already, which ist definitly the wrong way.

>-> I paly on an older laptop that was when I bought it pretty good for warframe, and has been for 6 years. iv had some loading isshues in Vallis, but Planes has been mostly ok.

That said I would not complain for more optimization with lower quality computers in mind. 

15 hours ago, .Spawn said:

Its a 2012 game with 2019 content, so the newer stuff is harder to run than the old stuff. It would be nice for them to cater to the less fortunate. You can buy laptops these days for hundreds of dollars and it not be able to run the game at all.

Cause laptops are overpriced garbo.  Just build your own many really good parts for cheap and not hard

7 hours ago, Skine_ said:

Cause laptops are overpriced garbo.  Just build your own many really good parts for cheap and not hard

Yes, you can build a PC for cheap, but not everyone actually has the money. What if OP is a young teenager, and doesnt have a source of income, and only has a cheap laptop for school? I use a laptop because I need the portability, and while yes, desktops are cheaper and more powerful, they arent convenient for my current situation, as might be the case for OP. Not everyone wants to drop 800 bucks (how much it costs to build a future-proof solid gaming pc in Australia) on a PC when they already have a laptop that does almost everything they need.

7 hours ago, Diavoros said:

Still no specs from OP's rig, so this is just a baseless rant.

His request is to disable foliage, which I agree with. It shouldn't matter what is specs are - he cant run it smoothly, like others, and it would be good to be able to turn off the demanding graphics.

2 hours ago, .Spawn said:

Yes, you can build a PC for cheap, but not everyone actually has the money. What if OP is a young teenager, and doesnt have a source of income, and only has a cheap laptop for school? I use a laptop because I need the portability, and while yes, desktops are cheaper and more powerful, they arent convenient for my current situation, as might be the case for OP. Not everyone wants to drop 800 bucks (how much it costs to build a future-proof solid gaming pc in Australia) on a PC when they already have a laptop that does almost everything they need.

His request is to disable foliage, which I agree with. It shouldn't matter what is specs are - he cant run it smoothly, like others, and it would be good to be able to turn off the demanding graphics.

GTA San Andreas quality coming right up

On 2019-06-11 at 10:16 AM, Legion-Shields said:

What are your specs

On 2019-06-11 at 2:30 PM, Alkarnus said:

Anyone who complains about this needs to post their PC specs. I've seen many complaints but NOT ONE PERSON ever posted their specs for their toasters that they got hooked up to a monitor.

Because this is a discussion thread and NOT a PhP thread?

On 2019-06-11 at 10:23 AM, Marvelous_A said:

Every year new titles are asking you to switch to a better PC, seriously get a decent job and pay for one. Warframe has awfully low spec requirement regarding its graphic quality. My main PC has a 7870 and getting 60FPS in highest graphic quality. 7870, a card from decade ago, getting 60 FPS. It's really not much to ask from people who call themselves a gamer.

Devs can fix bugs but not poverty.

Again, discussion thread, not a rich vs poor thread. I don't live in a first world country or get decent income so stop acting so high and mighty.

On 2019-06-11 at 5:28 PM, Uan91 said:

You are asking for a downgrade in favour to those who has low specs, doesen't seems fair for all the others tbh.

Doesn't also seem fair for the playerbase with weak computers. Not everyone is toting a gaming rig.

18 hours ago, 844448 said:

Your wish is granted, now you can play PoE withGTA San Andreas quality to keep the performance

Not gonna mind this really, as long as it is playable.

17 hours ago, Diavoros said:

Still no specs from OP's rig, so this is just a baseless rant.

I'm sorry for having a life okay? Besides, this is a discussion not a rant.

1 minute ago, p3z1 said:

Not gonna mind this really, as long as it is playable.

I'm sorry for having a life okay? Besides, this is a discussion not a rant.

We can't think the solution for your performance problem if you don't put your specs since it has big effect on this so either get a better computer or go completely low here, or at least post your laptop specs so we can at least give you graphic settings for it

2 hours ago, p3z1 said:

stop acting so high and mighty.

This is Warframe we’re talking about. Literally the bottom of the barrel when it comes to requirements for modern games. Accusing us for acting high and mighty here over this particular topic is like getting fussy over someone smuggling a bucket of muddy water with bits of cow manure into gulag. It’s hard to sink much lower. 

• Like 1

On 2019-06-11 at 3:13 AM, p3z1 said:

Who's in favor for a less PC-heavy version of open-worlds?

Simply put, DE don't want to exclude anyone, if they could make it run better, they would, and those optimizations would-and-do make their way to all platforms.

DE has many many PC specs all running the game non-stop looking for performance regressions. DE Steve is constantly looking for more performant ways of doing the same or better things. He tweets about improvements it a lot

But there is a limit. What we have now is the best DE can do without cutting into development time needed for content.

In addition, laptops with integrated graphics or mobile GPU's are often in a bad state because the vendors often fail to update their customized driver packages making performance fixes that DE needs to rely upon unnavailable.

Edited by SilentMobius

Purposefully gimping something just to satisfy old and ancient hardware is not very smart.

In the next couple years, there's going to be some major jumps in affordable CPUs and GPUs, so trying to appease a low end dual-core CPU users would be wrong.

There will still be optimizations, but there are always limits and upgrades.

Edited by Sean

I don't understand why anyone is against this. Why does nobody like the idea of offering an even lower spec for such missions so people using old hardware can still play nicely? It won't affect the high-end, as they can still use their high settings, but its great for the low end!

@p3z1 I believe a YouTuber did a video on making Warframe run on really old/bad hardware. Look up LowSpecGamer or RandomGamingInHD (I think it might have been one of them) to find their videos, so you can run better until DE implements it, if they ever will.

14 hours ago, 844448 said:

We can't think the solution for your performance problem if you don't put your specs since it has big effect on this so either get a better computer or go completely low here, or at least post your laptop specs so we can at least give you graphic settings for it

Already updated OP.

41 minutes ago, .Spawn said:

I don't understand why anyone is against this. Why does nobody like the idea of offering an even lower spec for such missions so people using old hardware can still play nicely? It won't affect the high-end, as they can still use their high settings, but its great for the low end!

@p3z1 I believe a YouTuber did a video on making Warframe run on really old/bad hardware. Look up LowSpecGamer or RandomGamingInHD (I think it might have been one of them) to find their videos, so you can run better until DE implements it, if they ever will.

LowSpecGamer did it already, and is currently outdated.

1 hour ago, p3z1 said:

Already updated OP.

LowSpecGamer did it already, and is currently outdated.

Damn oh well. The best solution I have for you then is play lowest settings possible, then drop resolution until it works. I play the game at 1366x768 on my laptop that has a 1920x1080 screen because you can barely tell the difference anyway because of the 13" screen.

On 2019-06-13 at 11:07 AM, .Spawn said:

Damn oh well. The best solution I have for you then is play lowest settings possible, then drop resolution until it works. I play the game at 1366x768 on my laptop that has a 1920x1080 screen because you can barely tell the difference anyway because of the 13" screen.

800 x 600. The only thing ticked is dynamic resolution, the rest is set to the lowest setting possible

I just don't like open mas because they feel so...empty... PoE wasn't that bad, but vallis is way to empty. Not saying to be filled with enemies, but warframe before was about hallways and numeroues enemies, so unless the game changes completelly, open maps will aways fell empty

On 2019-06-10 at 10:13 PM, p3z1 said:

2.2ghz dual core, 4gb of RAM, Nvidia MX720

The official minimum system requirements to run Warframe are:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
  • Video: DirectX 10+ capable Graphics Card
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB available HD space
  • Internet: Broadband Internet Connection

Hmmm. Fighting the bottom of the line there. I do find that they need a new video section of open world. They shouldn't generalize small tileset maps and open world together. At the same time 30-40 FPS is not terrible but it is what I expect from a minimum spec build.

17 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

I just don't like open mas because they feel so...empty... PoE wasn't that bad, but vallis is way to empty. Not saying to be filled with enemies, but warframe before was about hallways and numeroues enemies, so unless the game changes completelly, open maps will aways fell empty

Your wish is granted. Now the grineer and corpus has satellite surveillance that will continuously send death squads near you while sending battalions from every direction for intrusion and breathing their air

En 10/6/2019 a las 23:13, p3z1 dijo:

Title. Only tags are for PC since consoles have their own graphics levels and can probably run these places well. Spoilers because not everyone knows what I mean (Operators).

Post PoE 2.0, I decided to try playing there for those thumpers and grossly low drop rates of that sparring weapon. I immediately noticed a difference in frames (from 40 to 30, fluctuating constantly). So imagine the grief when I see that. Now I can play less of these open worlds. Not sure if I can count these as optional anymore. Arcanes are becoming a thing, especially the fancier arcanes with health regen and all. More sentient cores means more rep for that faction at Cetus (forgot their name). Sentient shards yield focus rep and unlocking passives for the operator (250hp vs 1250hp, for example). Better amps for the operator. 4 frames locked behind these 2 worlds (got only gara, still need the rest).  A bunch of weapons with exclusive open world resources. Floofs (I think that's the name), mostly for the hunting experience. Mostly the gear and operator stuff.

Yes, I am aware this is extra work for the DEvs, but I am honestly curious how many players would be in for this.

P. S. 30 tops frames at PoE. 10-20 only at Orb Vallis

Edit: 

2.2ghz dual core, 4gb of RAM, Nvidia MX720, internal memory is not an issue (500gb at least free), warframe set as high (not highest) priority, most tasks eliminated. Running at bare minimum low settings. Vsync off. Dynamic resolution on.

Your PC is trash ... basically a giant paperweight ... you cant expect to use it for games in 2019 . The games never should adapt to prehistoric hardware .