Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im too slow

Travis05

About this thread i would like if you can give me some opinions about why this happens and maybe some advice.

Everytime i play on public (95% of time), people are rushing and killing everywhere. Sonic the hedgehod would be put to shame for these guys.

At first i tried to play the same way but i think i cant. No time to aim, or engage in melee fight. The enemies are already dead by the time i go there. Unless i shoot and swing like crazy with total lack of aim or purpose. Im beggining to think thats some people do or i cant explain such speed.

I learnt to bullet jump and move properly and i never considered myself slow in other games, but here is different.

I guess there is a high motivation for people to kill things as fast as possible. No matter the objective, even if its defense they will go to every spawn area to kill them even before they can get near. But i dont understand what is this motivation.

Its no like i stay afk, or take a nap during the mission. But i get stressed just seeing how desperate people can get. And i dont understand what is the need for such rush.

Its like eating. Its no a first class restaurant. This feels like devouring fast food, you cant even taste it. And if you dont want to taste it, then why continue to play?

The thing is some players me included enjoy the fast paced combat. And when you can make it ridiculously fast it is even more fun. Also time is important so if i can shave of 2 minutes from each mission i get to play more missions and get more rewards.

I was like this too when I first started playing. Made public groups very intimidating. The better weapons and mods you get though, the easier it is to just blaze through missions killing things willy-nilly.

Honestly, I wouldn't stress too much about it. Just think of it as free xp.

Yeah I dont get that speed killing thing to, I use to do it swing melee fast as I can in hoard but it just got boring. so now whenever I run a mission(which is rare besides sorties) I just use run or walk and watch the publics do everything for me and I still get rewards like they do, Im not lazy or anything well maybe but I just dont feel like breaking my keyboard with bulletjumping when I know that volt is gonna kill everything before I can see it, or that maiming whip person is gonna melt all those lvl 100 enemies. I play at my own pace and if others have a faster pace its fine with me they want to do my job? Thats fine, I do get some shots in some enemies most missions and get like 3% of total damage.

Warframe is a fast pace game the more you play the faster you will get at doing this type of stuff.  I remember when I first started seeing alot of the same things.  I was starting to look at what everyone else was using frames/abilities/weapons I started doing some of that then finding new things to do better and better.... As I am now im certainly one of the 'rushers' committed to mass genocide at this point it isn't even that im trying to but it becomes second nature.

• Like 1

hace 3 minutos, RayxAyanami dijo:

Get good. Get Fast. It's warframe. Not Call Of Duty.

The whole point of attraction of is the mobility and speed you're given, you're a god. Nothing wrong with using it to it's absolute limit.

About getting good it takes a while. its no i have all the mods and things i need from the start. Weapons are even locked depending on mastery.

Mobility and speed are good. But being a god is boring. The game must give you a challenge. You are ninja, you are suppose to be accurate and lethal. Spinning like a beyblade or pressing 4 to win isnt what i would call fun. Its just i dont understand the attraction i guess

People rushing through this game is a thing, really annoying for the reasons you describe. People miss things when they do that. The high speed game for me is really dull, I can do it but I'd rather not.

All you can really do is run faster with Rush, Armored Agility and the like.

As for aiming quickly, pick a nice automatic weapon and snap bursts off aiming roughly in the right direction.

you'll get there.

29 minutes ago, Travis05 said:

Everytime i play on public (95% of time),

that's your problem right there. public is generally considered the "let's just get this done" mode which you pick when you aren't looking for immersion or a good fight or anything like that and you just want the rewards. it certainly has it's place for really boring missions and Events, but you have to be aware of the drawbacks, such as potentially landing a team of rushers, AFKers or toxic individuals. don't EVER expect public games to go your way 100% of the time, because you'll only end up disappointed. furthermore, most of the people you will get matched with are people who have done this a LOT of times before, so are rushing to prevent themselves from getting bored.

if you want to play the game at your pace, you'd be better off solo, or trying to find like-minded players in a clan or recruit chat. you will be able to kill stuff pretty quickly as well, you just need to get some more gear and a few more hours under your belt. you'll be nuking rooms before you know it.

44 minutes ago, Travis05 said:

No time to aim, or engage in melee fight. The enemies are already dead by the time i go there. Unless i shoot and swing like crazy with total lack of aim or purpose. Im beggining to think thats some people do or i cant explain such speed.

Ignis Wraith Plus Saryn's Push 4 to Win means you don't have to aim..... and now you know why they are so popular.... :)

That's how things roll nowadays

PMcyYlw.jpg

But on my note, those rushers are actually missing a lot. You get more materials and other treasures like sculptures and stars from looting the whole place so maybe try getting people that don't mind walking with you in recruiting

This is a very fast paced game, but the issue you are describing is also a major inherent flaw with the current game design.

Warframe is meant to be quick, and standard mobility will be something you'll learn as you get used to the game. The issue is that the game is also largely a hoard-shooter above all and some frames are designed to do that infinitely easier than other frames. Since this game requires a lot of grind for resources and rare drops and people have to repeat the same content many times to do that they tend to migrate to those frames that can make the mission as fast as possible. 

I've suggested for a long time that we should have a "veteran mode" sort of option for every node with higher level enemies and much higher drop chances to divert the over geared players away from the newer ones to avoid ruining everyone's game experience. Alas, I don't see that happening.

I totally get how you feel about this. I was playing only solo until perhaps MR5 or so, and my first public games were just like yours, feeling bewildered and hopelessly slow as my team completed the whole objective before I even got there. And when trying to rush along with them I too felt like I was missing out on tons of materials and such.

Later on you'll start to realise that while you don't break much stuff rushing like this, you compensate by completing more missions in the same time frame. Also, most of the materials you are not picking up, you already get enough to build everything available in the game multiple times over by the time you are MR15 and hence many just don't care about picking up mats as much. Most people do still turn around if a star drops behind them though 😉

About the rushing part, it also depends on the gear you have. Try using weapons such as arca plasmor, catchmoon and ignis and you'll see why people can rush and still kill everything around them. 

If picking up materials is really important to you, try carrier with the looter mod plus vacuum. 

As a player who spent over a thousand hours, the motivation is to just finish the mission quickly. Doing the same mission over a hundred times gets pretty boring. When I was starting, I mostly did stuff solo so I can play at my own pace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Travis05 said:

I guess there is a high motivation for people to kill things as fast as possible. No matter the objective, even if its defense they will go to every spawn area to kill them even before they can get near. But i dont understand what is this motivation.

To finish the waves asap

You're always going to have someone more skilled and or faster then you when dealing with Pubs. You just learn to adjust accordingly over time.

I'm sure I've looked like a god to some people when I've dealt 70%+ of a full teams damage, taken the least damage and had twice as many kills as everyone else.

Yet I run into people that make me look like I've got ten left feet and my weapons made out of Styrofoam. It's no big deal.

In some cases I'm sure that people appreciate my ability to nuke a field, like during that one Nightwave goal where we had to clear 20+ waves. Max Range Oberon Prime, Hydron, spam his 2, everyone there completed the goal easy peasy.

You’ll eventually become as fast paced as these people you’re talking about. Idk how far you are into the game but from my experience, the game demanded me to have a faster pace as soon as I got to Saturn. That was honestly the time for me to realize that you can’t just put mods on your warframe. Also, I have less time to play compared to other people, so every second for me is important(but I don’t get mad either when someone falls behind in my group).

Well, generally, if one is willing to play with randos, one is either trying to get the mission done as quickly as possible, or having trouble doing the mission at all. If you're trying to get maximum value per loading screen, you wanna not play public.

On the other hand, just because you're rushing doesn't mean you're hurried. Adrenaline is a hell of a trip, and when you start going full Dynasty Warriors mode, it can make you feel like a god.