Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out of Nitain Again...

Lutesque

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Honestly.... im just glad your response is neither ignorant or Chock full of S#&$ like some of the others so far....so.... its good to see your needs are sorted and I a genuinely appreciate you letting me know. 🙂

Well on a less self-satisfied note, a bit of thought / forward planning can really help in this game.

Given that the events are time limited and your credits disappear at the end, you should give a bit of thought to what you want to build at the time.

Potatoes can be earned through missions, or bought for 20 plat. I'm pretty sure most cosmetics are available in the shop anytime. Vauban...well depends if you want the vanilla version or want to hold out for the Prime version. Other than that, Nitain is really the primary resource here.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Well.... I still have to get Energy Siphon and Dead Eye.... then I can start Stock Piling The Sticky white Stuff....

A better idea, at least for me is to stockpile the nitain you need, and sell prime junk to have plat for the mods you want. 

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

A better idea, at least for me is to stockpile the nitain you need, and sell prime junk to have plat for the mods you want. 

Im already selling My Primed Junk to get Slots and Potatos for my Weapons.... stil need one for Mag and The Lenz..... oh and Zephyr....

15 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Given that the events are time limited and your credits disappear at the end, you should give a bit of thought to what you want to build at the time.

I did....

The one thing I didn't count on was getting so many Rivens from Sorties... hence I need to build one specific Warframe to help me unveil one of the more Annoying Challenges so I can transmute it to clear more room....

17 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Potatoes can be earned through missions, or bought for 20 plat.

What missions ? And if you say sorties then I don't think you know what "Earn" means....

The best way would be add nitain pack 3x nitain in defense rotation or survival rotation and increase the chance for nitain drops in sabotage like 10-15 %. This is still not so much and may be you will do so much runs but at least there is a constant source to play these missions. Also in defense and survival there are a lot of common trash stuff, which could be removed or decrease the chance to get that.

Every material in the game need a reliable source to get it and temporal sources like "alerts and nigthwave" should be just a side option to do. Aura mods also should be put into the defense and survival rotation with 5-10% chances.

• Like 5

I"ve got around 150 Nitain from Nightwave 1 and the Intermission. I bought at least 4 Alternative Helmets and some potatoes (as I stockpiled 65 each over the last 6 years and don't really need many extra ones).

Now, in my mind, there's two options on what youre doing wrong. If you haven't spent anything on fashion, but got all the credits, you probably must have wasted most of your credits on shiny potatoes and forgot about Nitain. A simple mistake that can be averted in Nightwave 2.

The other one would be that you haven't done enough of Nightwave and couldn't afford to buy Nitain. Looking at this one, people might think it's your fault for not actually completing all of Nightwave. The problem here is that you get most of the Nightwave credits from prestiging, something a casual player would never do. Even with the catch up mechanic now added, I doubt any casual will ever go abovce rank 30 (I myself stopped after realising it's a waste of my time) and thus will keep complaining about not getting enough credits. I personally believe there to be an easy fix for this, make it so the special enemies in Nightwave drop 2-5 credits for each capture (not affected by boosters).

Now, I hope one of these 2 hypothesis fits you, as I don't know how much Nightwave you did, what you've spent your credits on, etc. But maybe I hit the bullseye and gave you some input that might be helpful.

Also add forma to the ever green reward table, tyvm DE.

5 часов назад, Lutesque сказал:

Does this factor in things this neef to be built multiple times....

Like War/Broken War? Yes, it does

5 часов назад, Lutesque сказал:

like Hydroid Prime Systems ? 

Ah. No, it does not factor you building Hydroid Prime systems more times then one.

If you can not see the difference between Nitain and Nano-Spores, DE can not "fix it".

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Obligatory Troll Post ? 

Nope, I'l totally serious, like everyone said already, you can get enough Nitains in one Nightwave to build everything in the game once, if you built x50 the same thing it's you problem, not DE's

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I didn't even have enough cred to buy Vanilla Vauban for MR...

But... you already have it mastered?

And now its everyone's favorite gameshow. What does the profile say? *crowd cheers* Lets see what they have so far.

Amesha Archwing 4 (2)
Amesha Harness Component 2
Amesha Systems Component 2
Amesha Wings Component 2

Banshee PrimeIcon272 Banshee Prime Neuroptics Component 2
StalkerTwoSword Broken War Melee 2
EmbolistScythe Caustacyst Melee 5
Chroma PrimeIcon272 Chroma Prime Chassis Component 2
TnHeavyShotgun Corinth Primary 2
TnoRapier Destreza Melee 5
GlassKunai Fusilai Secondary 2
HildrynIcon272 Hildryn Chassis Component 2
InfestedKogake Hirudo Melee 3
Hydroid PrimeIcon272 Hydroid Prime Systems Component 2

InarosIcon272 Inaros Neuroptics Component 2
IvaraIcon272 Ivara Chassis Component 4
IvaraIcon272 Ivara Systems Component 5

GrnFlameSpear Javlok Primary 5

Lenz Lenz Primary 3
Limbo PrimeIcon272 Limbo Prime Systems Component 2
MesaPrimeIcon272 Mesa Prime Chassis Component 2
Mirage PrimeIcon272 Mirage Prime Chassis Component 2
Nekros PrimeIcon272 Nekros Prime Neuroptics Component 5

Oberon PrimeIcon272 Oberon Prime Neuroptics Component 2
CorpusTonfa Ohma Melee 4
InfProximityStars Pox Secondary 2
Sands of Inaros Quest 1
Saryn PrimeIcon272 Saryn Prime Chassis Component 3
Saryn PrimeIcon272 Saryn Prime Systems Component 3

PriestSpearGun Scourge Primary 2
CrpElectroMag Staticor Secondary 3
GrnTridentWeapon Sydon Melee (5)
TitaniaIcon272 Titania Chassis Component 3

Valkyr PrimeIcon272 Valkyr Prime Neuroptics Component 5
Vauban PrimeIcon272 Vauban Prime Warframe 5
Vauban PrimeIcon272 Vauban Prime Chassis Component 5
Vauban PrimeIcon272 Vauban Prime Neuroptics Component 5
Vauban PrimeIcon272 Vauban Prime Systems Component 5
StalkerTwoGreatSword War Melee 5
WispIcon272 Wisp Systems Component 2
Wolf Sledge Image Wolf Sledge Melee 5
WukongIcon272 Wukong Warframe (5)
WukongIcon272 Wukong Chassis Component 4 (3)

WukongIcon272 Wukong Neuroptics Component 2 (1)
WukongIcon272 Wukong Systems Component (2)
Zephyr PrimeIcon272 Zephyr Prime Chassis Component 2
RepeatingCrossbow Zhuge Primary 2

You Need 41 nitain for MR. 135 credits from all of season 2. You'll live.

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You can see which of them on my account: LuluMcLuluson  

Oh, so you are splitting your time on a secondary account that does not need nitain for a bunch of MR. The point of which issss?

Edited by Firetempest

It is absurd to expect the average player to buy absolutely nothing but Nitain from Nightwave. How many people do you think are going to be willing to sacrifice getting any of the many, many other items in the Cred shop just to get a decent amount of one resource? And buying even a single other item can seriously decrease the amount of Nitain you can get. Buy one helmet? That's 15 less Nitain. Buy one potato? That's 25 less. If you do what I did during the intermission, and get one Catalyst, one Reactor, and one helmet, that only leaves you with enough Creds for a single five pack of Nitain.

As always, I am extremely glad that I was lucky enough to get the chance to stock up on Nitain from alerts. Back when getting enough Nitain didn't also mean that I had to sacrifice getting anything else that I wanted, or vice versa. Even if Nitain was less common back then, you could have also gotten tons of other stuff along side it. Which is better? 65 Nitain and absolutely nothing else? Or 45 Nitain, a few thousand credits and resources, a few helmet BPs, an aura or two, and a couple weapon BPs?

Not to mention how the old alert system was constant, and always available, while Nightwave has proven itself to be quite unreliable.

29 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

It is absurd to expect the average player to buy absolutely nothing but Nitain from Nightwave. How many people do you think are going to be willing to sacrifice getting any of the many, many other items in the Cred shop just to get a decent amount of one resource? And buying even a single other item can seriously decrease the amount of Nitain you can get. Buy one helmet? That's 15 less Nitain. Buy one potato? That's 25 less. If you do what I did during the intermission, and get one Catalyst, one Reactor, and one helmet, that only leaves you with enough Creds for a single five pack of Nitain.

As always, I am extremely glad that I was lucky enough to get the chance to stock up on Nitain from alerts. Back when getting enough Nitain didn't also mean that I had to sacrifice getting anything else that I wanted, or vice versa. Even if Nitain was less common back then, you could have also gotten tons of other stuff along side it. Which is better? 65 Nitain and absolutely nothing else? Or 45 Nitain, a few thousand credits and resources, a few helmet BPs, an aura or two, and a couple weapon BPs?

Not to mention how the old alert system was constant, and always available, while Nightwave has proven itself to be quite unreliable.

From zero nitain. It takes 525 credits to get the 175 nitain you currently need for everything. 

~300 was from wolf without prestige. 

75 extra wolfcred I believe from a 24hr devstream alert

200 from intermission.

That's was less than 129 days (imagine playing around long enough to get almost 2 nitain a day on old alerts) to complete any and all progression locked with nitain which is a tiny fraction. Not that any absolutely new person needs nitain done that fast at all. So they have plenty of credits to spend on a aura or two or three and a helm and doubt they will be hurting on nitain any time soon anyway getting even a quarter of what's needed.

And potatoes. Invasions still gave them. Gifts of the lotus still have'em, and the rank rewards 

6 forma, 1 aura forma, 1 umbra forma, 2 catalyst, 1 reactor, those several slots that haven't been in alerts before. in ranks

2 forma, 5 catalyst, 6 reactors from invasions which last quite a bit longer than any alert.

And it seems 8 catalyst, 1 reactor from gifts of lotus.

A possible 8 forma, 15 catalysts, 9 reactors. That's a decent amount of free stuff in the first 4 months if you actually play at all.

Potato alerts happened about 2 and rarely 3 times a month for a hour at God know what time. They were a unicorn to be available when you could play. Don't pretend so much was lost. They could offer 1 or 2 more ranks with a potato, maybe. But the vast majority of players after a year of play will be sinking credits in extra potatoes anyway for lack of anything better. That's a good 6 or 7 more of your choice every ~4 months. Better than any practical alert attendance ratio. Maybe 5 if there is a new frames alt helm, because why not. Not like you will play it over your meta frame after mastering it.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

From zero nitain. It takes 525 credits to get the 175 nitain you currently need for everything. 

~300 was from wolf without prestige. 

75 extra wolfcred I believe from a 24hr devstream alert

200 from intermission.

That's was less than 129 days (imagine playing around long enough to get almost 2 nitain a day on old alerts) to complete any and all progression locked with nitain which is a tiny fraction. Not that any absolutely new person needs nitain done that fast at all. So they have plenty of credits to spend on a aura or two or three and a helm and doubt they will be hurting on nitain any time soon anyway getting even a quarter of what's needed.

And potatoes. Invasions still gave them. Gifts of the lotus still have'em, and the rank rewards 

6 forma, 1 aura forma, 1 umbra forma, 2 catalyst, 1 reactor, those several slots that haven't been in alerts before. in ranks

2 forma, 5 catalyst, 6 reactors from invasions which last quite a bit longer than any alert.

And it seems 8 catalyst, 1 reactor from gifts of lotus.

A possible 8 forma, 15 catalysts, 9 reactors. That's a decent amount of free stuff in the first 4 months if you actually play at all.

Potato alerts happened about 2 and rarely 3 times a month for a hour at God know what time. They were a unicorn to be available when you could play. Don't pretend so much was lost. They could offer 1 or 2 more ranks with a potato, maybe. But the vast majority of players after a year of play will be sinking credits in extra potatoes anyway for lack of anything better. That's a good 6 or 7 more of your choice every ~4 months. Better than any practical alert attendance ratio. Maybe 5 if there is a new frames alt helm, because why not. Not like you will play it over your meta frame after mastering it.

You forgot that aura forma require 10 Nitain each. So it used to require 175 Nitain for everything, but now you also need 10x however many frames you want to put an aura forma on on top of that. And, of course, DE is constantly adding new items that need Nitain, so the base number is always increasing as well.

What the specific rewards are isn't really important. And rewards from other things like invasions and Lotus alerts don't count, because they are from separate systems that haven't changed. My point is that alert rewards were Nitain and everything else, but Nightwave rewards are Nitain or everything else. With alerts, you could get both the stuff you wanted, and the Nitain you needed at the same time. But with Nightwave, you have to choose between the fun stuff you want, and the Nitain you need. And how often is want going to trump need? How often do you think people are going to choose to buy a mastery fodder sword or a cosmetic item over more Nitain or potatoes?

Even if you like the Nightwave rewards more than the alert rewards, wouldn't it have been better to simply upgrade the alert reward pool to be more worthwhile? Instead, they completely removed an otherwise functional system, only to replace it with something totally different that has its own major flaws. One of the biggest flaws with the old alert system was getting the specific item that you wanted, and Nightwave was supposed to fix that. But instead, Nightwave has simply swapped one set of issues for another. Alerts were unreliable because they required too much luck to get what you wanted. Nightwave is unreliable because it isn't always available, and there aren't enough Creds to go around even when it is.

17 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

You forgot that aura forma require 10 Nitain each. So it used to require 175 Nitain for everything, but now you also need 10x however many frames you want to put an aura forma on on top of that. And, of course, DE is constantly adding new items that need Nitain, so the base number is always increasing as well.

That's true, but Aura Forma doesn't really seem to be needed on many frames. At least, I haven't needed to use any yet...

Decides to make an alt account and complains about having to grind again?  The solution is simple, have just 1 account.  The best part is it breaks ToS to have multiple accounts.  The only reason for duplicate accounts has been gone for a long while now with the raids gone where you got just 1 arcane reward per raid per day so you were capped at 3 arcanes if you had just one account.  Some things in this game are locked behind a timewall, and that has always been true and always will be.  Don't like to farm?  I don't recommend this game if you don't like farming.  

Its unlikely to run out of nitain considering the number of credits we have had since the first nightwave, you need about 100ish nitain to make EVERYTHING in the game and you only get tight on them when making Vauban Prime and dumping 20 nitain on it followed by Ivara at 7 nitain and finally wukong at 5. even if you are a new player, your priority should have been to spend the most of the credits on nitain, depending on the crafts you are projecting to make.
The only people with a RIGHT TO COMPLAIN are those players who start during periods without NW happening, at all (days after Series 1 ended, day after Intermission ended)

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

Ah. No, it does not factor you building Hydroid Prime systems more times then one.

If you can not see the difference between Nitain and Nano-Spores, DE can not "fix it".

What ?

1 hour ago, Radagosh said:

Now, in my mind, there's two options on what youre doing wrong. If you haven't spent anything on fashion, but got all the credits, you probably must have wasted most of your credits on shiny potatoes and forgot about Nitain. A simple mistake that can be averted in Nightwave 2.

In my mind theres one thing youre doing Wrong....

You're making False Assumptions.... 

9 hours ago, Radagosh said:

The other one would be that you haven't done enough of Nightwave and couldn't afford to buy Nitain. Looking at this one, people might think it's your fault for not actually completing all of Nightwave. The problem here is that you get most of the Nightwave credits from prestiging, something a casual player would never do. Even with the catch up mechanic now added, I doubt any casual will ever go abovce rank 30 (I myself stopped after realising it's a waste of my time) and thus will keep complaining about not getting enough credits. I personally believe there to be an easy fix for this, make it so the special enemies in Nightwave drop 2-5 credits for each capture (not affected by boosters).

Here's an idea.... Idea.... instead randomly guessing a bunch of stupid S#&$.... why don't just ask whatever it is you want to know....

7 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Nope, I'l totally serious, like everyone said already, you can get enough Nitains in one Nightwave to build everything in the game once, if you built x50 the same thing it's you problem, not DE's

Obligatory Troll Post Confirmed....

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

But... you already have it mastered?

And now its everyone's favorite gameshow. What does the profile say? *crowd cheers* Lets see what they have so far.

Wrong Profile.... You lost your own game show before it even started.

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Oh, so you are splitting your time on a secondary account that does not need nitain for a bunch of MR. The point of which issss?

LoL.... you see how much time and effort you wasted jumping to conclusions ?

Anyway im not splitting my time.... Warframe is way too grindy for that.... I basically started over fully commited to my 2nd account.... only switching back to pick up Potato Invasions like the one going on now ...

As for why  I did this ? Does it make a difference maybe I was bored maybe I was curious.... maybe I wanted replay The Chimera Prologue.... 

Non of which are relevant to the shortage of Nitain...

Not that you would know this.... perhaps stop burying Your face in the numbers start a new account and see for yourself if the math holds up in practice....

6 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

Finally !!! Someone who gets it !!!

I was beginning to think a normal humsn being like you didn't exist in these Forums... 😞

6 hours ago, nslay said:

I thought I knew the MR 20ish one that has almost everything and tonnes of resources already?

Im pretty sure thats me....

5 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Bet it's their alt account they're talking about. 

Bingo !!!

4 hours ago, nslay said:

That's true, but Aura Forma doesn't really seem to be needed on many frames. At least, I haven't needed to use any yet...

Corrosive Projection is all that matters. 

BTW I still need Energy Siphon..... did this one even come up.... I think I spent The Last Cred I had on Nitain before Energy Siphon was on rotation. 

And before anyone asks... no.. I didn't buy the Amp or Scavenger auras... I mean obviously thats a waste of Creds but I guess I have to state this just in case anybody assumes im that stupid....

3 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

not to mention nightwave itself added a free aura forma like really.

also the second this was about an alt account it's even more ridiculous. you'd think after having went through everything once they'd have better planning around this...

I went through my first account with Alerts.... and 2nd Account with night wave....

I didn't have anything to plan with.... new system new rules.... plan was ruined before it even started.

1 hour ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

The best part is it breaks ToS to have multiple accounts.  

Try Again....

1 hour ago, Diavoros said:

Its unlikely to run out of nitain considering the number of credits we have had since the first nightwave, you need about 100ish nitain to make EVERYTHING in the game and you only get tight on them when making Vauban Prime and dumping 20 nitain on it followed by Ivara at 7 nitain and finally wukong at 5. even if you are a new player, your priority should have been to spend the most of the credits on nitain, depending on the crafts you are projecting to make.
The only people with a RIGHT TO COMPLAIN are those players who start during periods without NW happening, at all (days after Series 1 ended, day after Intermission ended)

More Ignorance....

But atleast you did factor in the possibility that it is possible for sommeone to jump into Warframe after Season..... so your response is not as dense as some other ones in here....

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

Here's an idea.... Idea.... instead randomly guessing a bunch of stupid S#&$.... why don't just ask whatever it is you want to know....

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Radagosh:

Now, I hope one of these 2 hypothesis fits you, as I don't know how much Nightwave you did, what you've spent your credits on, etc. But maybe I hit the bullseye and gave you some input that might be helpful.

Hope you didnt stop reading after i gave you those 2 inputs. Instead of getting mad at me would you mind giving me more information then? 🙂

What did you waste your credits on?

What's your average time playing during a week?

Do you complete everything of Nightwave?

Have you actually played before Nightwave and can compare before and after?

Are you able to read this fully without going apeS#&$?

Love

Rad