Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

DE Steve said in the Devstream that the Drydock, along with the Orbiter rework is going to be out before Railjack, so they can prep clans for it. I will try to find the timestamps for it.

Ah yes, then that does put a damper on our hopes. Though I guess Empyrean + New War in one update could still happen, that is unlikely.

It just seems really weird to me to give us the Drydock as an empty, useless room so we can prep for Empyrean in advance. Like... I know where to put it in my dojo already. I even have a back-up spot for it. I just have to be able to build it, and I'm prepped.

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Ah yes, then that does put a damper on our hopes. Though I guess Empyrean + New War in one update could still happen, that is unlikely.

It just seems really weird to me to give us the Drydock as an empty, useless room so we can prep for Empyrean in advance. Like... I know where to put it in my dojo already. I even have a back-up spot for it. I just have to be able to build it, and I'm prepped.

Indeed, like I've been telling people, never hope for things, as you'll only be dispointed Drake, I learnt this the hard way. Steve does plan to have it out by then and he seems pertty confident in doing what he planed, I likely bealive that it wil be a simple Hotfix (another Mainline) and 2-3 weeks after Railjack. 

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

He said it's likely that it happens, not that it's confirmed.

Confirmed or not confirmed, it's still there and up in the air, he;'ll only live up to it, if its not and learn the backlash after. Simple as that.

9 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Nope, it's always been Railjack First/ New War after, was first said on the Devstreams/Tennocon.

Uh...

no?

They said they aim to try get Empyrean out in Autumn. Autumn comes before Christmas. TNW is slated for Christmas.

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Uh...

no?

They said they aim to try get Empyrean out in Autumn. Autumn comes before Christmas. TNW is slated for Christmas.

You sure?, I'm getting mixed massages here,  I kown for a fact that Railjack was aimed for "this fall" also what do you mean Autumn is before Xmas?, are..you alright?

Autumn 2019 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on: Monday 23 September and ends on: Sunday 22 December (UK Time)

Autumn, also known as fall in American and Canadian English, is one of the four temperate seasons. Autumn marks the transition from summer to winter, in September or March, when the duration of daylight becomes noticeably shorter and the temperature cools

What's going on here?

Edit: Alright, maybe it wasn't a good idea to read what you said, as soon as I woke up, cuz this confused the hella out of me, like of course Fall is before Dec, duh, but the way you said it made my dumb ass mind made me think you said its "after"

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Nightmode Iusse

EMPYREAN

• We had quite a few questions from the community following our Empyrean demo, and here are our answers below:
  • Our current goal is to release Empyrean in the fall of this year.
  • Dry Dock is built like a room in your Dojo, and will be increasing capacity slightly with it. Our goal is to release Dry Dock before Empyrean to help you prepare. The new Orbiter will probably be included with this.

Found this in the Devstream that was after Tennocon. If this is true then to their word then, Railjack is going be OUT before New War. As Railjack was slated for This Fall (and this fall starts 23th of September, so maybe get it out this Step, hum?). New War was "promised" for this Xmas and it was said coutnless times that New War requires an Railjack (or is hinted at) 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

20 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I think its so we can farm out the resources for it, and have it constructed (not waiting on the room build timer) so when Empyrean comes out we can immediately build the ship (or start it building)

On 2019-09-11 at 2:24 PM, negativenull said:

I think its so we can farm out the resources for it, and have it constructed (not waiting on the room build timer) so when Empyrean comes out we can immediately build the ship (or start it building)

Yes, but we need that first on top of Railjack, so it's very like looking a 2020 release, 2 weeks until end of September (and "this fall") starts 23rd, so...

On 2019-09-11 at 2:31 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

EMPYREAN

• We had quite a few questions from the community following our Empyrean demo, and here are our answers below:
  • Our current goal is to release Empyrean in the fall of this year.
  • Dry Dock is built like a room in your Dojo, and will be increasing capacity slightly with it. Our goal is to release Dry Dock before Empyrean to help you prepare. The new Orbiter will probably be included with this.

Found this in the Devstream that was after Tennocon. If this is true then to their word then, Railjack is going be OUT before New War. As Railjack was slated for This Fall (and this fall starts 23th of September, so maybe get it out this Step, hum?). New War was "promised" for this Xmas and it was said coutnless times that New War requires an Railjack (or is hinted at) 

On 2019-09-13 at 7:40 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yes, but we need that first on top of Railjack, so it's very like looking a 2020 release, 2 weeks until end of September (and "this fall") starts 23rd, so...

It was pointed out to me in another thread that the current "world state" of the game has set Nightwave Series 2 as ending on the 29th this month (though nothing has been announced). If that proves true, that leaves October, a month in the fall, as a possibility for Empyrean still. I think it would be reasonable that they release the Dry Dock + Orbiter update that week. They did already update lighting and metallic textures, after all, so they're clearly working on the graphical update right now. Beyond that, though... is whether or not Empyrean is ready.

If it does work out that way, as players (and apparently DE) hope, that's a very crunched in timeline for two major updates. Either one of them gets delayed, or else there'll be a hiatus on big updates after New War - I hope I'm wrong on both counts.

That being said, as New War is a continuation of the cinematic story, I don't expect that to be too heavy on content. Compared to the gameplay value of Empyrean content, it would probably just be a blip on the radar, unless it also comes with a new game mode with amazing rewards.

It's also worth noting that October, November, and December are big "holiday" months in general, so it does make sense for them to drop a BIG update like Empyrean, so people have time off from work/school to get to enjoy it a bit. If it's released in the spring instead, that would suck.

On 2019-09-11 at 8:24 AM, negativenull said:

I guess that depends on just how many resources it takes, and how long the build timer is. I've got tons of resources just stockpiled with no use for 'em... and most build timers are only 24 hours. Maybe it's more of a problem for the max-size clans?

Which only reminds me that I need some friends. My clan is just me and the wife, and Railjack sounds so much more fun with a 4-man cell of buddies.
😐
How the hell do the rest of you make friends in Warframe? Because I'm apparently too anti-social and grumpy for my own good!

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It was pointed out to me in another thread that the current "world state" of the game has set Nightwave Series 2 as ending on the 29th this month (though nothing has been announced).

DE are extending it to "draw it out" I think the date it ending should just be done as soon as possible, no point dragging it out, it's not going to Quentin thirst, if so meny have completed it.

If that proves true, that leaves October, a month in the fall, as a possibility for Empyrean still. I think it would be reasonable that they release the Dry Dock + Orbiter update that week. They did already update lighting and metallic textures, after all, so they're clearly working on the graphical update right now. Beyond that, though... is whether or not Empyrean is ready.

The month of "fall" starts 23rd of this month, so it should be out then IMO, they did say "This Fall". Relase Dry Dock + Orbiter update "that week" and then hit the update the 1-2 weeks following after that. As for the graphical update, not sure if you're awear, but they've messed that up big time, so tats not shining any hopes for Railjack (no pun intend).

I have seen this TaykoVIP thing, that showed Railjack Trailer almost (mostly just a video with a voice effected slapped on for a quick and press play PowerPoint video) but it is SOMETHING at the very least, if not more "hype/please play warframe" But other then that you're right.

If it does work out that way, as players (and apparently DE) hope, that's a very "crunched" in timeline for two major updates. Either one of them gets delayed, or else there'll be a hiatus on big updates after New War - I hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Like I've seen saying, it's likely going to happen. One will be delayed and thus making the next on Hiatus. In this very case "Delayed Railjack" = "New War On Hold" but yes, I do hope you are wrong and I hope I am wrong

It's also worth noting that October, November, and December are big "holiday" months in general, so it does make sense for them to drop a BIG update like Empyrean, so people have time off from work/school to get to enjoy it a bit. If it's released in the spring instead, that would suck.

Don't think they care about that, if I'm going to be brutally honest

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Errors

21 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I guess that depends on just how many resources it takes, and how long the build timer is. I've got tons of resources just stockpiled with no use for 'em... and most build timers are only 24 hours. Maybe it's more of a problem for the max-size clans?

Which only reminds me that I need some friends. My clan is just me and the wife, and Railjack sounds so much more fun with a 4-man cell of buddies.
😐
How the hell do the rest of you make friends in Warframe? Because I'm apparently too anti-social and grumpy for my own good!

Don't feel bad, I'm a purely Solo clan as well and Railjack does have choices for Solo clans

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

As for the graphical update, not sure if you're awear, but they've messed that up big time, so tats not shining any hopes on Railjack (no pun intend).

Oh, obviously. I'm still not happy with how my Prisma Xiphos looks now.

But I am noticing the lighting changes in missions, and I am liking that. And I'm definitely seeing improvement in metals for fashionframe in general.

I just remember Steve showing off the lighting and shadows a bunch, so very proud of it, at the start of the Empyrean demo, so I think this is a good sign that we're CloseTM.

Don't think they care about that, if I'm going to be brutally honest

They might. Revenue streams are big during holiday season.

DE are extending it to "draw it out" or in this case "plz play gam"

I think they're treating it the same way I do. It's "something to do" - so while most of us have completed it, at least it's something to do for the people still logging in. I really am only hoarding potatoes and Wolf Beacons with it.

I think their mindset on the matter is that it can "keep players busy" with "something to do" until the next big update. Which would explain why they put in that Intermission phase between series.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

10 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Oh, obviously. I'm still not happy with how my Prisma Xiphos looks now.

But I am noticing the lighting changes in missions, and I am liking that. And I'm definitely seeing improvement in metals for fashionframe in general.

I just remember Steve showing off the lighting and shadows a bunch, so very proud of it, at the start of the Empyrean demo, so I think this is a good sign that we're CloseTM.

Yes, but it was a DEMO, he can be proud of it all he wants, but he legit said on his twitter on how dispointed he was how they lighting and metal now appper IN-GAME, there's a key difference between Demo and In-Game, Replace Close with Soon.

They might. Revenue streams are big during holiday season.

Have you seen BL3 lately?, that's the answer to your qeastion. But I hope your right.

I think they're treating it the same way I do. It's "something to do" - so while most of us have completed it, at least it's something to do for the people still logging in. I really am only hoarding potatoes and Wolf Beacons with it.

I think their mindset on the matter is that it can "keep players busy" with "something to do" until the next big update. Which would explain why they put in that Intermission phase between series.

Yes, but that "Something to do" is the same as every other person does "Log in, see what rewards are next, see if the nightwave is worth doing, do it, log out or log out if nightwave missions/tasks not worth it." Or "Nightwave done?, Log out"

So that's not a good mindset, while it's ideal for a game like Warframe, Nightwave an't it 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Im okay with them releasing the railjack room first hopefully they do that cause between build times on the dojo room plus the ship builds that would be possible a week worth of craft times if they release railjack as one large update. I think that was the reason they gave for doing the room b4 the empyrean update so its not "Empyrean Update all! *Everyone that doesnt want to rush quietly waits a week* w00t time to fly our railjacks a week after the update all!"

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

17 hours ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

Im okay with them releasing the railjack room first hopefully they do that cause between build times on the dojo room plus the ship builds that would be possible a week worth of craft times if they release railjack as one large update. I think that was the reason they gave for doing the room b4 the empyrean update so its not "Empyrean Update all! *Everyone that doesnt want to rush quietly waits a week* w00t time to fly our railjacks a week after the update all!"

Platinum rush build all!

17 hours ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

I hope what you say is true. However, what DE usually does is this, here's your new item (i.e. the ship), but you will need to farm this newly introduced resource to build it.

Or to prolong it further, they'll make do research on ship components.

Edited by TheMuslimGamerGB

20 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Ofc. I already did this.

If you rush a room and then destroy it, the plat used to Rush it will go to the Clan Vault.

Which you can only use... to rush Dojo stuff anyways. What's the point in your method? Do you intend to use that Plat to rush the ship, or other rooms?

13 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Which you can only use... to rush Dojo stuff anyways. What's the point in your method? Do you intend to use that Plat to rush the ship, or other rooms?

I dont need to put more of my plat in the dojo than I already did?

I'm almost certian we wont be able to rush the ship itself.

... unless its build in the foundry. If thats the case, I will just wait.

I will build more than 1 Drydock in my Dojo, the extras will be there anyways.

Edited by Kaotyke