Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So if we follow what was said in Tennocon...

Ephemiel

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Nah I grew up on consoles, so I'm still view a computer as a thing to get on to look up stuff or do apply for jobs etc. 

but but we have biscuits! and cake!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

There's a fine line between taking your time and wasting everyone else's time.

How are they "wasting everyone else's time"?  Simply because they aren't keeping to your schedule/timeline and demands?
And would your rather that they rush out a half-baked, full of problems update (that people like you and the OP would probably yell about....)?  Or do something that was a bit more polished and actually worked?

Fact is that DE never promised to have the update out before tennocon.
Most they said was "We're aiming for this..." which is a soft deadline, and subject to change depending on how things go.

DE is taking their time because the update isn't ready yet.
It happens.
And its better that DE isn't trying to put the crunch on their dev team and forcing it out, because we see how good that does other games that have tried to do it.  In fact we saw how good it was when DE did it in the past and things didn't turn out well.

Fact is that DE isn't wasting your time.  Its not like Warframe is the only game that you can play.
Its OK to take a break from a game for a while if its boring you or updates aren't coming as fast as you would like.
But trying to insinuate that the devs are purposefully "wasting everyone else's time" when they want to make sure the next massive content drop is polished and actually does well is pure idiocy.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

How are they "wasting everyone else's time"?  Simply because they aren't keeping to your schedule/timeline and demands?
And would your rather that they rush out a half-baked, full of problems update (that people like you and the OP would probably yell about....)?  Or do something that was a bit more polished and actually worked?

Most they said was "We're aiming for this..." which is a soft deadline, and subject to change depending on how things go.

It happens.
And its better that DE isn't trying to put the crunch on their dev team and forcing it out, because we see how good that does other games that have tried to do it.  In fact we saw how good it was when DE did it in the past and things didn't turn out well. 

Fact is that DE isn't wasting your time.  Its not like Warframe is the only game that you can play.
Its OK to take a break from a game for a while if its boring you or updates aren't coming as fast as you would like.
But trying to insinuate that the devs are purposefully "wasting everyone else's time" when they want to make sure the next massive content drop is polished and actually does well is pure idiocy.

hey now if he wants to sit awake all night waiting for something he has desided is so than that is his royal porogative

let the kid learn how the world works 😛

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

There's a fine line between taking your time and wasting everyone else's time.

They can't waste your time.  You're behind the controls there.  (Although you might be crammed into the pilot seat with your significant other / kids / employer. 😜)

30 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

It happens.

Most of their updates are pretty buggy and awful at launch anyway. Sadly I'd almost call it rushed if I didnt know how long it takes them to do stuff.

A long time ago before tennocon they said in a devstream that the new war wouldn't be ready before the event.
After Tennocon 2018 we got Fortuna + Fortuna Heists, we got Thermia fractures + Exploiter orb, we got PoE remaster, We got NW, we got Jovian Concord + Operation event.
So they were working in all of what I mentioned + new Warframes + Prime warframes, and the New War its gonna be whole new tilesets for a new location in the system + quest + for what it looks sentient invasion all over the planets in the system and also working in the Railjack space exploration and missions that looks pretty much like adding another game on top of Warframe.
It's a free to play game, you didn't pay for the game, season pass, dlcs or a subscription fee so, yeah, it's ok that they take that long and Steve admitted that they are behind schedule, more than they would have wanted it to be.

• Like 3

i wish they'd add a new lore quest as often as they add new primes, or not even main lore stuff but just lore about the other warframes or lore about new warframes. new open worlds are fun and all but without lore i don't really see it as fun. i'm confident DE will deliver on the new war and duviri and railjack but waiting for 6+months with barely any content is just annoying...

3 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

I don't think adding a beach head 2002 mini game into Warframe would be that much of contents anyway. 

> beach head 2002
this actually can be made into an endless gamemode in warframe, just put player into a turret with upgrades and survive as long as possible

im gonna redownload this game again for nostalgia!

3 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It's going to be massive when it comes out.

They're still essentially putting all their eggs in one basket. That's what's been happening for the past three years, since PoE was announced. Having one big update for a year that lasts the players about a week is going to slowly kill the game. Hell, the little dinky update that is Nightwave has provided more reason to play than both open worlds combine, while taking probably 1/20th of the dev resources/time.

3 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

They're still essentially putting all their eggs in one basket. That's what's been happening for the past three years, since PoE was announced. Having one big update for a year that lasts the players about a week is going to slowly kill the game. Hell, the little dinky update that is Nightwave has provided more reason to play than both open worlds combine, while taking probably 1/20th of the dev resources/time.

One basket you say? We got jovian concord, orb fight, a few tactical alerts, nightwave, and then railjack, new war, and all we know about next year is paradox. That's packed in terms of massive, free updates. And then there's all the delux skins, two frames, and so on... OH and the kingpin system is alive!

Waiting sucks, but I can't really complain. Oh course I have plenty of nit picks, since warframe can be held to a high standard. It's not perfect, but I just cant.

Empyrean is looking much more ambitious than I thought after seeing last year's TennoCon preliminary reveal. From what I saw it's promising to add a lot of new things to do for players who have already finished the current Origin System content (I'm only MR10 just getting to Uranus so I'm far from that). Features creep add development time and it's a major challenge to add something like Squad Link to the game given the current networking architecture. Based on what was shown I think it'll be released soon - definitely before the New War from the hint in the announcement - unless something goes wrong. There are many things in the game I'd like DE to fix & improve but they're a business that needs to keep revenues coming in to stay in business so I think they're doing what they can to keep their paying customers happy given finite company resources. As long as I'm happy/addicted with playing Warframe I'll keep doing so but there are plenty of other fun things to do in life.

Using the excuses you people are giving, it would be fine for every MMO to do nothing while they're working on an expansion.

No wonder they barely deliver, you guys just happily eat up everything they do and make excuses for their failures.

On 2019-07-08 at 2:28 PM, Tsukinoki said:

It happens.

They flatout said it would be out before Tennocon.

This game would be so much better if people like YOU, who do nothing but suck up and defend DE when they screw up, weren't here.

On 2019-07-08 at 3:09 PM, Diavoros said:

After Tennocon 2018 we got Fortuna + Fortuna Heists, we got Thermia fractures + Exploiter orb, we got PoE remaster, We got NW, we got Jovian Concord + Operation event.

Now tell me how long ANY of that last, weeks at best? With some like the fractures being a temporary thing that almost no one liked? A remaster that no one asked for? The Orb fights which were buggy as hell? New Warframes AKA the thing that keeps the game alive? The Deluxe skins? We were shown Titania's deluxe skin LAST TENNOCON.