Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So if we follow what was said in Tennocon...

Ephemiel

3 hours ago, GrandRiser said:

Well from my point of view, you're being very pessimistic and demanding. No offense. I tried to look it positively and enjoyed the game a lot, especially the Nightwave. There still much for me to catchup: the standings (ostron, solaris united, etc) and it gives me lots of time.

My suggestion is to enjoy the game, and if you're bored or out of content to play, just switch to another game. thats what I did when FORTUNA came out. I hated the content and left for another game, then return again and love it again.

Just wait and dont exhaust all your energy on 1 thing. You'll get super  bored fast. It's what happens to everyone. You can't force DE to do this do that etc. Good thing requires progress. I see so many positives feedbacks almost everywhere, facebook, twitter, instagram , etc from Tennocon contents.

I agree that it can be very very demanding sounding and could be reworded better.

There are people who have played 6 to 7 years and have waited for repetitive content like trials or something for endgame patiently

I think their reaching their waiting point though because its been 6-7 years of new player content thats the problem op is trying to state.

6 minutes ago, Midas said:

have waited for repetitive content like trials

Hey guys, Steve here. Remember when we removed that game mode for 8 people because it wasn't very popular so we didn't bother to support it? So we decided to spent 2 years to make even more buggy and bald version of it: meet squad link system. Now you can't just take 8 people into unique mission, but instead you are going to need to find some afk squad, that you can't even interact with, in the middle of you own mission. Sounds fun, right? :crylaugh:

I really can't believe they think it will work:facepalm:

Anyway, the biggest problem of Warframe with it's repetitive grinding nature is the lack of actual gearing/progression system. There are no rewards. They even killing rivens, because they don't understand how the hell grinding games work. It's bad, really bad.

I especially liked Steve's joke about "endgame". We googled it and didn't find anything. Yea, good luck with that.

4 minutes ago, Viges said:

Hey guys, Steve here. Remember when we removed that game mode for 8 people because it wasn't very popular so we didn't bother to support it? So we decided to spent 2 years to make even more buggy and bald version of it: meet squad link system. Now you can't just take 8 people into unique mission, but instead you are going to need to find some afk squad, that you can't even interact with, in the middle of you own mission. Sounds fun, right? :crylaugh:

Anyway, the biggest problem of Warframe with it's repetitive grinding nature is the lack of actual gearing/progression system. There are no rewards. They even killing rivens, because they don't understand how the hell grinding games work. It's bad, really bad.

I especially liked Steve's joke about "endgame". We googled it and didn't find anything. Yea, good luck with that.

Bigger problem imo for trials is dedicated servers... If we got those all those problems would cease to exist imo.

Sucks to be the squadmate on stage 3 of LOR to get "kicked" and "unable" to rejoin

Thankfully, that squadmate was never me 🙂

At least they know it is non-existent right now.

Edited by Midas

Le 8/7/2019 à 18:14, Ephemiel a dit :

That means that, after being told New War would be out before Tennocon and recently being told everything was behind schedule, we now have to wait an extra 6 months without any main content. Plus the fact neither Empyrian nor Duviri Paradox have a release date.

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine? We've gotten very little content since last Tennocon [and no, Nightwave isn't "content", it's at best little missions you do ALONGSIDE the content], all we really got was a few bosses on Fortuna [which were buggy as hell when they came out], the Plains of Eidolon remaster [which, let's admit right here, no one asked for] and the Gas Planet rework [the only thing of actual value since it completely changed a Planet]. What else was added exactly? 

We've waited nearly a year with little to no info on New War or Railjack, we're told at some point early this year that we'd get New War before Tennocon and then we're told in a devstream that literally everything is behind schedule just a few weeks later. If we're now getting New War at Christmas, when would we expect Empyrian or Duviri? Summer 2020? Christmas 2020 again?

Damn you are so entitled dude...

The game is free, it's been expending for 6 years, no paywall, one of the most ambitious game in a long time, but you'd rather complain uh...

Remember anthem ? Or any EA game ? Or nearly all AAA games recently for that matter ? 

DE is cooking awesome stuff for free for us, grow up, be patient, stop kicking under the table. It is a GOOD thing that it is taking time, the more people like you unable to wait for anything, the worst the game will get.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-08 at 6:14 PM, Ephemiel said:

Plus the fact neither Empyrian nor Duviri Paradox have a release date. 

If I had to judge by the level of progress and what was shown at TennoCon, Empyrean is Update 26 which puts it roughly on September-October, New War is Update 27 and the Duviri Paradox is Update 28+ (could very well be a full year before it's properly advanced), which follows the usual more or less reliable 3 months per new Update number rule.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

Quite a lot, but since you wanted to come here and stroke your ego by saying you've thrown a lot of money at the game, it seems the possibility escaped your mind.

If that’s how you want to filter what I was actually saying...it’s fitting and expected.

It’s not about stroking my ego.  Like it or not, those who pay make this game possible.  Everything else is ancillary.  Did you actually read my entire post before firing off?

Or did you conveniently lump my “egotistical” self in with the rest of the “idiotic” community that enables DE as a “subpar developer”?

It’s not a level playing field no matter how much the politically correct generation wants it to be, and I was pointing out that I have skin in the game...I reward DE for an awesome end-product, or in this case I take a risk WHEN I SEE HOW HARD AND DEDICATED DE IS WHEN IT COMES TO TAKING RISKS AND AIMING FOR A NEW STANDARD.

Track record is part of that.

I can be as critical as ANYONE, but putting DE on Blast and then putting us on Blast for “allowing it to happen”?

...and then hitting the “waiting to be offended” button when you get pushback like it’s not warranted and throwing further insults?

That’s juvenile and invalidates anything you have to say.

With your attitude, the thread should have been locked the moment you started hurling insults.

On 2019-07-08 at 5:14 PM, Ephemiel said:

That means that, after being told New War would be out before Tennocon and recently being told everything was behind schedule, we now have to wait an extra 6 months without any main content. Plus the fact neither Empyrian nor Duviri Paradox have a release date.

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine? We've gotten very little content since last Tennocon [and no, Nightwave isn't "content", it's at best little missions you do ALONGSIDE the content], all we really got was a few bosses on Fortuna [which were buggy as hell when they came out], the Plains of Eidolon remaster [which, let's admit right here, no one asked for] and the Gas Planet rework [the only thing of actual value since it completely changed a Planet]. What else was added exactly? 

We've waited nearly a year with little to no info on New War or Railjack, we're told at some point early this year that we'd get New War before Tennocon and then we're told in a devstream that literally everything is behind schedule just a few weeks later. If we're now getting New War at Christmas, when would we expect Empyrian or Duviri? Summer 2020? Christmas 2020 again?

Shut up and let them do their job. They are giving this to you FOR FREE. FREE. Nobody likes waiting, we get it, I don't like it either, but there are unforeseen issues that come up when you are developing a game. I'm sure everyone at DE is doing their very best to get this content shaped up and shipped out, but you whining about it isn't gonna speed it up. The best thing to do right now would be to show support for their efforts, they are trying to do something HUGE for the game. Be patient, you will get your content, or do you want them to pull an EA and release botched content super early because you couldn't be patient? Last I checked, anthem didn't age very well. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

If I had to judge by the level of progress and what was shown at TennoCon, Empyrean is Update 26 which puts it roughly on September-October, New War is Update 27 and the Duviri Paradox is Update 28+ (could very well be a full year before it's properly advanced), which follows the usual more or less reliable 3 months per new Update number rule.

Good observations! I think Gauss is probably coming out with Empyrean/Update 26 & Grendel with New War/Update 27.

33 minutes ago, Syln said:

I'm more than ok with that "resume his farming on shadowbringers"

How's the expansion going by the way?

I would have gone back into FF14 but my potato can't manage the system requirements outside of running it at 4 fps.

11 hours ago, Viges said:

You are way over-thinking it. The way it seems to work is that a squad that wants to do Squad Link drops down a gear item that basically puts them in a queue. Clan and Alliance and Friends get first pick. Then that squad gets to do a special mission based on what's going on with your mission. The status of THEIR mission alters the status of YOUR mission.

That's it. That's the only link. You are not connected to their session beyond that. You don't load their characters, map, enemies, chat, anything. It's just a mission status change based on their status.

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. It's not really even THAT ambitious, beyond the fact that they've never done it before, and I've never heard of other games with instanced content even trying it. They've even said the mission can still be done without it - it will just mean no Squad Link reward, and a more difficult mission.

And from what we saw so far, it squad links us to Tenno on an open world map - dunno if it could work for regular missions.

I would love for them to be more ambitious by allowing us to Squad Link directly from the Orbiter. But that depends on just how ambitious they want to get, in terms of what ways non-Railjack missions could be linked.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 2

Not that I really about this.  But the whole "Screaming like a child isn't going to get anywhere".  Which is prooooooobably wrong.  Enough people complain about lack of content, and leave, the worse off DE is.  Chances are they will put more money into the project.  Cause god above knows, they are making hand over fist in money.

That said, I can only play Warframe in spurts, so whatever.  Doesn't change my life.

Edited by Klaleara

I think the reason most people see it as being fine is that its not like this stuff is promised. Were given a rough estimate for when content will be done, but often it takes longer. But thats good, we get it when its ready. Look at the game industry as it is now, with games like Anthem and Fallout 76, that are pushed out to meet a deadline before even being finished.

If youre feeling like theres not enough content, take a break from warframe. Its not the only game out there. Come back when there's a big content drop.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Not that I really about this.  But the whole "Screaming like a child isn't going to get anywhere".  Which is prooooooobably wrong.  Enough people complain about lack of content, and leave, the worse off DE is.  Chances are they will put more money into the project.  Cause god above knows, they are making hand over fist in money.

That said, I can only play Warframe in spurts, so whatever.  Doesn't change my life.

Well that's the thing. They're making tons of money, and we are spending money on things. But we haven't paid a box fee, and we are not paying a subscription fee.

On top of that, there's no competition. Destiny hasn't been received well, and Anthem did a big belly-flop.

Borderlands 3 is the only real threat, but that's not until September, and once people beat the story campaign (once or twice), the vast majority of people will step away and go back to their favorite long-term games.

DE is not under any pressure whatsoever to pump out content on any kind of regular schedule, and that's probably something they really really enjoy about being an independent studio. It allows them to get content done in the way they want, rather than being forced to rush out "something for now"

I really think people also need to realize that there's no need to be CONSTANTLY playing Warframe, on the daily or weekly, because they're not paying a fee. Warframe will always wait for us to return to it whenever we're ready to return to it. And that's my favorite thing ABOUT the game! There's no pressure to keep playing! It was one of the biggest problems for me when I played WoW, or any other MMO.

So now when I step away from Warframe to play some other game, I don't have to feel like I'm missing out. Nightwave has altered that a little bit but I'm mostly not worried. I got to rank 46 last time without even trying. Getting to rank 30 by doing what I can when I feel like it is plenty easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Well that's the thing. They're making tons of money, and we are spending money on things. But we haven't paid a box fee, and we are not paying a subscription fee.

On top of that, there's no competition. Destiny hasn't been received well, and Anthem did a big belly-flop.

Borderlands 3 is the only real threat, but that's not until September, and once people beat the story campaign (once or twice), the vast majority of people will step away and go back to their favorite long-term games.

DE is not under any pressure whatsoever to pump out content on any kind of regular schedule, and that's probably something they really really enjoy about being an independent studio. It allows them to get content done in the way they want, rather than being forced to rush out "something for now"

I really think people also need to realize that there's no need to be CONSTANTLY playing Warframe, on the daily or weekly, because they're not paying a fee. Warframe will always wait for us to return to it whenever we're ready to return to it. And that's my favorite thing ABOUT the game! There's no pressure to keep playing! It was one of the biggest problems for me when I played WoW, or any other MMO.

So now when I step away from Warframe to play some other game, I don't have to feel like I'm missing out. Nightwave has altered that a little bit but I'm mostly not worried. I got to rank 46 last time without even trying. Getting to rank 30 by doing what I can when I feel like it is plenty easy.

Destiny hasn't been received well, but is still stubbornly hanging on pretty well, and in a lot of people's eyes, actively recovering. And it is getting it's first post-Activision full expansion, so if that goes well, it would likely encourage people that Destiny has a bright future - thus self-fulfilling that prophecy. Plus the whole free-to-try can get a lot more people invested into it. I know I'll wind up going back to experience Curse of Osiris and Warmind.

September looks to be a pretty pressure-laden month for DE, which is one reason why a lot of people are speculating Empyrean sooner rather than later.

33 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Destiny hasn't been received well, but is still stubbornly hanging on pretty well, and in a lot of people's eyes, actively recovering. And it is getting it's first post-Activision full expansion, so if that goes well, it would likely encourage people that Destiny has a bright future - thus self-fulfilling that prophecy. Plus the whole free-to-try can get a lot more people invested into it. I know I'll wind up going back to experience Curse of Osiris and Warmind.

September looks to be a pretty pressure-laden month for DE, which is one reason why a lot of people are speculating Empyrean sooner rather than later.

Coming September I am playing Destiny 2 full time, it's set in stone. I already own the game but I would like to play on steam. I believe that steam release will attract lots of new players and destiny pvp will become a competitive mainstream game. I am done with DE and their Fanbois. Years after years no significant content drop, broken game moods and patched up releases, Boss fights that feels like trash mob, yet Fanbois shread tears after watching some beta stage gameplay!

I would rather the devs sit on their butts and relax and come up with creative ideas, than to bust their butts, rush to push content and miss the mark. I understand there is a happy medium with producing content, but as they stand, the devs at DE are the best I have seen in a long time. I am glad they listen as much as they can with the players and their ideas. We aren't dealing with some big greedy company that is just pushing the content out as quick as it can to draw in more players quickly. They have been successful in their slow trickle. Slow and steady and they're winning the race. We have tons of content to do, even as vets, to keep us occupied. Some may be burned out and that's okay, maybe a break or a different goal in the game would be beneficial. Compared to other games right now, I would say they are in a very good position with the content they currently have, regardless of our expectations.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MR9BCI said:

Coming September I am playing Destiny 2 full time, it's set in stone. I already own the game but I would like to play on steam. I believe that steam release will attract lots of new players and destiny pvp will become a competitive mainstream game. I am done with DE and their Fanbois. Years after years no significant content drop, broken game moods and patched up releases, Boss fights that feels like trash mob, yet Fanbois shread tears after watching some beta stage gameplay!

Whilst I don't agree with your sentiments overall, you prove my point. D2's shouldn't be counted out. Just as Warframe's drawn players from it in the past, so too can its recovery draw players from Warframe.

Competition is only healthy for both games.