Last post wins

22 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Didn't play classic GoW (no consoles growing up) so I couldn't say with any great precision, but I'd wager that it'd not work out great since Warframe's needs with Melee are dramatically different than GoW's, no matter what way you slice it. It'd be like, well, putting Parkour into Dark Souls. 

Ok then games like castlevania los, darksiders, ninja gaiden? I don`t thing it`s not possible since it happened already except some stances was ridicules (holding left then the attack button) they just need to improve on it. It would be sick you could do Arial attacks which is also possible.

I have talked about some improvements that melee 3.0 can have, you can take a look if your intrested.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Ok then games like castlevania los, darksiders, ninja gaiden? I don`t thing it`s not possible since it happened already except some stances was ridicules (holding left then the attack button) they just need to improve on it. It would be sick you could do Arial attacks which is also possible.

I have talked about some improvements that melee 3.0 can have, you can take a look if your intrested.

Transplanting a system from one game to another is always going to cause problems. See also: Kuva Liches are an attempt to port the nemesis system. But DE realised immediately that most everything that made the Nemesis system great was because the whole of the game was designed for the Nemesis system, whilst Warframe was not. Likewise for half the suggestions for Open Worlds. God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders.

Warframe's melee should fit WARFRAME. That is the long and short of it. Inspiration can and should be taken from other, similar games, to be sure, but with care, caution and with a variety of very different perspectives. Not just games with great melee combat (preferably a few different concepts of that too), but also games with good melee combat and good gunplay AND good powers and every combination of the above, because Warframe has all of them, and all need to be accommodated and fit together properly. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy would be one such a game. Even then, I wouldn't suggest just porting its systems, because it puts a lot more emphasis on duelling and tops out at three or four sword-wielding enemies at a time only rarely accompanied by gunners, and Academy is a boomer shooter, not an enhanced mobility game, despite flirting with a parkour system and having some pretty big jumps.

The long and short of it is Warframe's its own game with its own flow and needs.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

The long and short of it is Warframe's its own game with its own flow and needs.

Agreed.

That said taking inspiration isn't a bad thing, the issue is when there's a big "???" between inspiration and output.

One thing I'd love to see is DE go back over Melee stances and make their animations flow better, I hate to always bring up Devil May Cry, but the animations of the attacks (not even talking about how they function in the combat system) are clear, smooth and impactful.

Compared to Warframe where they feel excessively weightless, like you're swinging a hitbox around and not a weapon, or in the case of a few other weapons too heavy, slow and clunky to be useful...like Wize Razor starting with the slowest looping spin which used to be just fine as a combo ender now.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Compared to Warframe where they feel excessively weightless, like you're swinging a hitbox around and not a weapon, or in the case of a few other weapons too heavy, slow and clunky to be useful...like Wize Razor starting with the slowest looping spin which used to be just fine as a combo ender now.

They just recently changed Wise Razor back, although it's still far from its glory days.

One thing I think Warframe could use it hit-stop, basically freezing the image for a frame or two which causes the image to linger for a barely-perceptible amount of time to give the brain more time to register a hit. It's used all over the place, and goes a surprisingly long way.

10 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That said taking inspiration isn't a bad thing, the issue is when there's a big "???" between inspiration and output.

Or not enough. 

Did you know we have parrying in Warframe?

• Like 1
Just now, Loza03 said:

Did you know we have parrying in Warframe?

I do, but most melee enemies die before they can even swing their weapons so...it kind of is just there.

Missed opportunity with the Wolf though, parry his attack for some big finisher damage...of course that was back when Covert Lethality was an instakill so I can see why they didn't do that.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

After hearing how much trouble some people are having running Cyberpunk due to the hardware requirements it makes me relieved that I'm not a diehard for graphical fidelity.

Honestly, for as badly-behaved as CD Projekt can and has been, my heart's still bleeding for them just a little. Because MAN... the internet is a cruel place. And besides, it's not like the people who are gonna get flamed over this (y'know, the designers, developers, etc) are the ones who made big decisions like this. I guarantee you things like '20 minute intro setpiece with a timeskip for the backstory' that people are (albeit fairly) complaining about was made either by a higher up, or from tech limitations.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Honestly, for as badly-behaved as CD Projekt can and has been, my heart's still bleeding for them just a little. Because MAN... the internet is a cruel place. And besides, it's not like the people who are gonna get flamed over this (y'know, the designers, developers, etc) are the ones who made big decisions like this. I guarantee you things like '20 minute intro setpiece with a timeskip for the backstory' that people are (albeit fairly) complaining about was made either by a higher up, or from tech limitations.

My heart goes out to the developers, not the executives or management that let things get this way in the first place.

Of course my opinion should be taken with a dump truck of salt, but I feel that things like this and the whole "pushing the limits" just to prove they can be pushed are never a good thing for any project in any field. But in gaming specifically we've seen the downfalls of trying to be cutting edge many times over (599 US Dollars anyone?) and yet people still make these mistakes, especially executives.

I just wish people would realize that doing more with less isn't a shameful thing.

Edited by Aldain
2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Sin descripción disponible.
(mdos deleted it from GD 😢

In fairness it was probably potentially provocative.

But, yeah, true. I'll level my fair share of criticism at the game, but it doesn't stop it being rad as hell.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

In fairness it was probably potentially provocative.

But, yeah, true. I'll level my fair share of criticism at the game, but it doesn't stop it being rad as hell.

years of training to share well done feedback

9 hours ago, Aldain said:

...That was a very unexpected Smash announcement.

At least it wasn't another freaking Pokemon.

I guess this means little to no hope for Vergil since there'd be too much crossover between him and the other ashen-haired swordsman with a Katana. They've buried that light deep within. and we've been cast aside, there's no coming home. We're drifting chaos in the winds.

DRIFTING IN THE OCEAN ALL ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!

(Vergil's theme rocks hard, so I'm not sorry)

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I guess this means little to no hope for Vergil since there'd be too much crossover between him and the other ashen-haired swordsman with a Katana.

Sadly I expected at best we'd only get Dante in the first place anyway. But I feel if they did to that they'd do a KoF style "Hey look other characters in the background!" thing at least due to the smaller cast size.

That said yes, DMCV's theme for Vergil is a banger bar none...much better than Dante's theme.