Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

On 2020-12-15 at 4:12 PM, ES-Flinter said:

I would like to disagree, but I have no arguments.:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Fair enough 

On 2020-12-15 at 5:19 PM, MagPrime said:

If it was sunk, it'd be archived. 

Just because no one closed the post permanently doesn’t mean that the ship crew are coming back right? 
Well I do hope that they could find a solution I really like this ship and had lots of wonderful moments with it.

On 2020-12-15 at 5:26 PM, trunks013 said:

ishh must resist ... signing ...

I ... D ... LIKE TO BE UNDER THE SEA IN AN OCTOPUS GARDEN !

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29t7ivp1c7nlmx1q41h5

34 minutes ago, (PSN)s3d_sas said:

Fair enough 

Just because no one closed the post permanently doesn’t mean that the ship crew are coming back right? 
Well I do hope that they could find a solution I really like this ship and had lots of wonderful moments with it.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29t7ivp1c7nlmx1q41h5

Allright seems like you probably dont know me so its just a figure of speech demonstrating that even if the ship was sinking i would like a weird guy stay there and sing a song about the fact that even if it sinks i want to see and octopus garden under the sea. Am i clear or maybe just weird. Anyway its a funny song ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)s3d_sas:

Am I the only one, who has a picture of crewmans who jumps from the ship only to climb up the walls  a minute later?^^

4 hours ago, (PSN)s3d_sas said:

Sadly a lot of the original crew aren't coming back.  Combination moving on to other games and unjustified bans.

6 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Allright seems like you probably dont know me so its just a figure of speech demonstrating that even if the ship was sinking i would like a weird guy stay there and sing a song about the fact that even if it sinks i want to see and octopus garden under the sea. Am i clear or maybe just weird. Anyway its a funny song ^.^ 

c7662b45c701630a4e545ce12ac3038ca1c41db2

On 2020-12-16 at 9:04 PM, MagPrime said:

Sadly a lot of the original crew aren't coming back.  Combination moving on to other games and unjustified bans.

Don't write me off too soon now, Noa.

How's it hanging? Haven't been here in a while.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

10 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I just checked your activity and this is literally the first time you've made a post in.... five years?

Welcome back. T'has  become a salty place, these forums, since last you posted. Or maybe they always were. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Hey stranger! 

Going ok.  Since we last spoke I got a new job, moved and just this last weekend got my cats back from my parents.  

How have you been?

34 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Hey stranger! 

Going ok.  Since we last spoke I got a new job, moved and just this last weekend got my cats back from my parents.  

How have you been?

My job got cut cuz virus,but I'm getting retrenched soon probably. My cat just had more kittens, and I'm heading to my mom's retirement home for renovations and relax time. Can't complain. I never thought I'd see you here though, the way things are going with War frame I thought everyone I know would have packed up and left ages ago.

51 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I just checked your activity and this is literally the first time you've made a post in.... five years?

Welcome back. T'has  become a salty place, these forums, since last you posted. Or maybe they always were. 

I sometimes popped in and out over the years,but I still haven't played in 5 years because I couldn't afford a PC that could run the game. Still can't,but that may change soon. As for the salt, well.... 

Call me a negative Nancy, but it seems a lot worse than before. I've had my fair share of arguments and my salt filled threads,but it seems a lot more..... Intense than in my day. Something happen recently?

Edited by TheBrsrkr

19 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Call me a negative Nancy, but it seems a lot worse than before. I've had my fair share of arguments and my salt filled threads,but it seems a lot more..... Intense than in my day. Something happen recently?

Define "something".

Because depending on how wide the definition is we might need a phonebook's worth of text to explain why the salt has been exploding around here lately.

But mostly I'd boil down the increased hostility due to the state of the world and the forums being an anonymous outlet.

Also nice to meetcha, I'm Aldain, mostly known for snarky one-liners and being the personification of Diet Coke.

Edited by Aldain

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

Define "something".

Because depending on how wide the definition is we might need a phonebook's worth of text to explain why the salt has been exploding around here lately.

But mostly I'd boil down the increased hostility due to the state of the world and the forums being an anonymous outlet.

I'm quite the avid reader, so I'd like to hear your take on it, long though it may be. I think the state of the world would account for the ferocity, sure, but not quite what I'm looking for. It seems like a shift in Warframe itself, not just the base. I've been following Warframe news since I left and more and more I'm seeing some of the old guard talk about the state of play and it's decline. Sure, I've always been subscribed to more of the cynical sort, but even those who were far mote optimistic seem to have a shadow hanging over them. Even the people I know who play Warframe (granted they're all under 17) say that it's just not the game it used to be. I know Railjack was a flop and the last event didn't go over too well, but it seems deeper than that. 

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

lso nice to meetcha, I'm Aldain, mostly known for snarky one-liners and being the personification of Diet Coke.

And hello to you to Aladain. I'm Brsrkr, mostly known for essay long threads, corny dad jokes and a wit as sharp as wet cardboard. 

Edited by TheBrsrkr

1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

And hello to you to Aladain.

One too many a's there, not the first time it's happened though most people read it that way.

1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I'm quite the avid reader, so I'd like to hear your take on it, long though it may be. I think the state of the world would account for the ferocity, sure, but not quite what I'm looking for. It seems like a shift in Warframe itself, not just the base. I've been following Warframe news since I left and more and more I'm seeing some of the old guard talk about the state of play and it's decline. Sure, I've always been subscribed to more of the cynical sort, but even those who were far mote optimistic seem to have a shadow hanging over them. Even the people I know who play Warframe (granted they're all under 17) say that it's just not the game it used to be. I know Railjack was a flop and the last event didn't go over too well, but it seems deeper than that. 

It is a bit of a perspective thing I guess, but I ascribe to the issues showing up from Warframe stemming from deep balance issues causing the gameplay loop to rely more and more heavily on RNG or long grinds to prevent instantaneous completion of new content. This has created a tug-of-war between about 3 (or more) factions, one that wants ironclad balancing and greater difficulty (sometimes to an excessive, gatekeep-y point), a faction that puts power fantasy over all else (often questioning the need for balance in a PvE game at all despite the obvious need for it) and a small, often ignored faction that wants a compromise between going full Soulsborne and 1-button slaughterfests.

As things are now there is almost no noticeable balancing in 90% of recent content (at launch mostly, they try to fix things post launch but...it's hit or miss) often missing the mark or having to disable the player's options (The Glassmaker boss being a discount Mario/Zelda boss) or push a narrow completion requirement in order to induce any fail state (Granum Void's kill requirements, Deimos' Toxin phase on vaults). Essentially players are no longer able to be defeated by traditional means so fail-states have become the new norm for content since the player is usually a demi-god able to obliterate armies with a snap of their fingers...or in the case of Limbo turn the game off. One such fail-state that was enforced, before being eventually removed that caused a massive rift in the playerbase was the launch of Kuva Liches, where a wrong Requiem would kill the player with 100% certainty.

That Lich issue caused a lasting scar to form over the year since it launched, only deepening the divide between the camps mentioned above, people got rather venomous with the removal of the Lich backbreaker often stating "It only got removed because it hurt your feelings" despite the common counterpoint that any game mechanic that kills you when you win is a bad game mechanic. As a result each side now is fueled heavily on spite for their opponent, not caring about the result as long as the other side is miserable and seeing compromise as admitting defeat. But even ignoring the Lich issue we have the lingering problems of the current state of the game balance.

Steel Path for example just takes the base game, levels up the enemies and mashes the multiply key on the internal calculator a few times to reach "difficulty", while I don't disparage people who like that, it did nothing to solve many of the issues, Melee is still absurd, any CC/abilities that shut the A.I. off is still insanely effective (looking at you Stasis) and the end result is the same cheese in a different flavor half the time. If anything Steel Path showed that the intrinsic issues of Warframe don't stem strictly from the numbers balance, but also the sheer ineffectiveness of the game to provide an incentive for the player to rely on anything but bigger numbers. Not to mention that all those multipliers do is reduce the (sane) options available to the player, weak things get weaker, strong things...don't care. Even the A.I. in particular being largely ineffective unless the player is standing stock still even when they don't die in one hit or get CC'd into oblivion.

There were also other things that occurred, several clumsy and/or rushed launches in the past year or so causing damage to goodwill towards DE, the Kuva Bramma and it's nerf (the Dev Workshop on it was downright nasty at times), general clashing over the direction the game should take encompassing all above issues...the list goes on. Add in some people getting legitimate burnout and several increasingly petty "I'm quitting Warframe" threads and we have a Molotov waiting to ignite half the time, or should it be your preference, a good dumpster fire to watch while eating popcorn. Overall there isn't one specific issue that caused all of this, even this long write-up is mostly peppered by my own opinions and hot takes, but it does at least scratch the surface and base of the problem I'd hope.

Edited by Aldain

30 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

[spoiler] 

Okay, why can't I get these to work? 

[/spoiler]

There's a dedicated button for it on desktop, not sure how the mobile variant works.

Spoiler

Forum's been weird ever since they changeover a few months ago.

9 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

My job got cut cuz virus,but I'm getting retrenched soon probably. My cat just had more kittens, and I'm heading to my mom's retirement home for renovations and relax time. Can't complain. I never thought I'd see you here though, the way things are going with War frame I thought everyone I know would have packed up and left ages ago

I've taken some time off the game, mainly due to living circumstances.  Getting my own place has significantly upped my play times lol

7 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I've taken some time off the game, mainly due to living circumstances.  Getting my own place has significantly upped my play times lol

I’d love to come back to wf but as it stands it’s just not a game I enjoy atm but I love you guys in the forums and to be honest this and a few other threads (and petty quarrels that I’m waiting to settle) keep me here haven’t played wf in a few months but I’m just gonna wait to see if the game gets better for my personal taste before I hop back in and spend ridiculous amounts of money again 

13 hours ago, Aldain said:

One too many a's there, not the first time it's happened though most people read it that way.

It is a bit of a perspective thing I guess, but I ascribe to the issues showing up from Warframe stemming from deep balance issues causing the gameplay loop to rely more and more heavily on RNG or long grinds to prevent instantaneous completion of new content. This has created a tug-of-war between about 3 (or more) factions, one that wants ironclad balancing and greater difficulty (sometimes to an excessive, gatekeep-y point), a faction that puts power fantasy over all else (often questioning the need for balance in a PvE game at all despite the obvious need for it) and a small, often ignored faction that wants a compromise between going full Soulsborne and 1-button slaughterfests.

As things are now there is almost no noticeable balancing in 90% of recent content (at launch mostly, they try to fix things post launch but...it's hit or miss) often missing the mark or having to disable the player's options (The Glassmaker boss being a discount Mario/Zelda boss) or push a narrow completion requirement in order to induce any fail state (Granum Void's kill requirements, Deimos' Toxin phase on vaults). Essentially players are no longer able to be defeated by traditional means so fail-states have become the new norm for content since the player is usually a demi-god able to obliterate armies with a snap of their fingers...or in the case of Limbo turn the game off. One such fail-state that was enforced, before being eventually removed that caused a massive rift in the playerbase was the launch of Kuva Liches, where a wrong Requiem would kill the player with 100% certainty.

That Lich issue caused a lasting scar to form over the year since it launched, only deepening the divide between the camps mentioned above, people got rather venomous with the removal of the Lich backbreaker often stating "It only got removed because it hurt your feelings" despite the common counterpoint that any game mechanic that kills you when you win is a bad game mechanic. As a result each side now is fueled heavily on spite for their opponent, not caring about the result as long as the other side is miserable and seeing compromise as admitting defeat. But even ignoring the Lich issue we have the lingering problems of the current state of the game balance.

Steel Path for example just takes the base game, levels up the enemies and mashes the multiply key on the internal calculator a few times to reach "difficulty", while I don't disparage people who like that, it did nothing to solve many of the issues, Melee is still absurd, any CC/abilities that shut the A.I. off is still insanely effective (looking at you Stasis) and the end result is the same cheese in a different flavor half the time. If anything Steel Path showed that the intrinsic issues of Warframe don't stem strictly from the numbers balance, but also the sheer ineffectiveness of the game to provide an incentive for the player to rely on anything but bigger numbers. Not to mention that all those multipliers do is reduce the (sane) options available to the player, weak things get weaker, strong things...don't care. Even the A.I. in particular being largely ineffective unless the player is standing stock still even when they don't die in one hit or get CC'd into oblivion.

There were also other things that occurred, several clumsy and/or rushed launches in the past year or so causing damage to goodwill towards DE, the Kuva Bramma and it's nerf (the Dev Workshop on it was downright nasty at times), general clashing over the direction the game should take encompassing all above issues...the list goes on. Add in some people getting legitimate burnout and several increasingly petty "I'm quitting Warframe" threads and we have a Molotov waiting to ignite half the time, or should it be your preference, a good dumpster fire to watch while eating popcorn. Overall there isn't one specific issue that caused all of this, even this long write-up is mostly peppered by my own opinions and hot takes, but it does at least scratch the surface and base of the problem I'd hope.

I cry cause this is very accurate 

• Like 1