Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Headshots in a Single Aim Glide?

Zahnrad

Question

The easiest method i found was using a kitgun with pax seeker, go int o the void and find a mass of corrupted enemies. The missile from pax seeker aims for headshot. So you jump, aim glide and shoot your first shot, get a headshot and keep the aim glide until the missiles from pax seeker does their magic.

11 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Old-Jupiter's vents

You can do it in Cetus at night. Shoot the eidolon in the head 3 times. Says only get headshots not to kill with headshots

There is still a tile that has the upward vent... can't remember details at the moment.

Don't forget there is +time to aim glide both in weapon, moa mod, zephyr, and like arc plasmor 

I feel like there was something with titaina..

Got that riven once since gas city rework. Will have to look around for what I did.

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 1

Zephyr. 

Kit her out for as much duration as possible and use her #1 (lets you hover in the air, when aiming it should count as an aim glide).

Combo it with a pax seeker kitgun and it should be a pretty okay challenge, even without the vent fans of old the old Jupiter tiles.

Edited by Aldrr
  • Like 1

Scourge with no damage mods and a Pyrana with a lot of damage mods.  Find a camp on Cetus with a few enemies, let them set off alarms and bring reinforcements.  Throw the scourge at a cluster of them and bullet jump straight up, and then shoot the pyrana straight down at anyone with the glow from the scourge.

Another similar option is Mag with low range and power.  Find 3 reasonably spaced out enemies, cast 3 magnetize bubbles, and jump up and shoot.  May take a few tries as the enemies like to shoot themselves and if there are too many enemies other ones might kill them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zelmen said:

Says only get headshots not to kill with headshots

This is True.... and The Riven is Flatout out lying....I've had this Riven about 3 Times.... it simply doesn't count if the shots don't kill. But that's just my Experience with this specific challenge. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

use scourge thrown and then use a strong sidearm like vasto p or sicarus p 

Yes.... I completely forgot about The Scourge.... gonna claim it right away....

• Like 1

I typically use Disarm Loki (unagmented) with a lot of range and go to Hydron. Keep disarming and wait until a bunch of enemies gather around the defence target, jump up from the upper level, aim glide and shoot. Plasmor or the saucer kitgun will often work on your first try. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

This is True.... and The Riven is Flatout out lying....I've had this Riven about 3 Times.... it simply doesn't count if the shots don't kill. But that's just my Experience with this specific challenge. 

True. You have to get the kill. 

7 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I've not unlocked rivens in a long while, I the two methods I used were using Old-Jupiter's vents or Old-Limbo's stasis to complete it.

Any method around that makes this easier?

get a CC frame and completly weakest gun you can and fit it with fire rate and mag extensions, CC mob, jump and shoot your clip towards it's head.

I used an Ignis wraith and went into a really low level earth mission. I don’t know if I’m just lucky or if it’s a spawn bug but I ran into clumps of 5 or more enemies just standing there  

Step 1: Jump and aim glide

Step 2: Click the shoot button

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit 

12 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I've not unlocked rivens in a long while, I the two methods I used were using Old-Jupiter's vents or Old-Limbo's stasis to complete it.

Any method around that makes this easier?

I guess this is the easiest way. i always do it

Go to a corpus low level defense (lvl5), bring loki and soma

Disarm everyone (4th power), all enemies will come to the center to melee the crypod.

Jump and glide and spray

PS: make sure you have patagium mod on your loki

Good luck

Sooooo.... 

Regarding Zephyr.... theres one thing I forgot to mention....

Her 1 tends to make you fly pretty high up.... which can make it hard to see let alone shoot anything....

In any case the Defense mission on Venus (Tessera) has a rather low Invisible Ceiling..... you can use that to prevent your self from hovering into the Atmosphere.... makes things alot easier...

Since it is only headshots and not headshot KILLS, remove all damage/status/crit mods from a rapid fire primary/secondary and put in fire rate mods (I use Zakti, for some reason). Then use any frame and just jump, aim glide and shoot a tankier enemy in the head. You can freeze them with Limbo, Vauban's Bastille, Frost etc etc or use an invis frame or a zoom mod to make it easier...

On 2019-07-23 at 8:07 AM, DarthKadra said:

I typically use Disarm Loki (unagmented) with a lot of range and go to Hydron. Keep disarming and wait until a bunch of enemies gather around the defence target, jump up from the upper level, aim glide and shoot. Plasmor or the saucer kitgun will often work on your first try. 

Attempted this multiple times last night with arca plasmor and others weapons. With plasma didn't get even one headshot. With other weapons and other locations couldn't get past two of three headshots.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

19 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I guess this is the easiest way. i always do it

Go to a corpus low level defense (lvl5), bring loki and soma

Disarm everyone (4th power), all enemies will come to the center to melee the crypod.

Jump and glide and spray

PS: make sure you have patagium mod on your loki

Good luck

Attempted this multiple times last night with various weapons. With plasma didn't get even one headshot. With other weapons and other locations couldn't get past two of three headshots.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Attempted this multiple times last night with various weapons. With plasma didn't get even one headshot. With other weapons and other locations couldn't get past two of three headshots.

Strange. i always do it from the first time

I use telos boltor because of the high rate of fire,

Are you sure you had patagium on loki?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

To be fair. Theres a huge miss conception about the Arca Plasmor (and by Extension the Catchmoon Chamber too) being easiy to land Headshots with....

Headshots with the Arca Plasmor are not easy.... they are Accidental. .. basicslly you can get them without trying.... However Attempting to actually hit an Enemy in the Head with it on purpose is far less Consistent than just using a more Precise Weapon....

That's not to say it's a bad choice for this challenge.... its just worth noting how this weapon actually functions.... BTW the Arca Plasmor (and Catchmoon Chamber) doesn't get Bonus Damage from Headshots so there's that too....

I get that this weapon used to be kinda good before they nerfed it but as it is now.... meh.... LONG LIVE CORINTH !!!!

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Headshots with the Arca Plasmor are not easy.

You have to aim a bit higher than the actual head and it works rather consistently. How high to aim depends on the distance as Arca speards quite a bit. I did this riven challenge multiple times with multiple frames using Arca usually with the first or second group of enemies. On a plus side, there is no need to aim carefully and a single shot should do the job. Twin gremlins with piercing work well also but better use Harrow to fix the enemies so they don't move. That way, you can pick the angle to hit them in one or two shots. Might take a few tries though but not that difficult.

Edited by akots

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Theres a huge miss conception about the Arca Plasmor (and by Extension the Catchmoon Chamber too) being easiy to land Headshots with....

Headshots with the Arca Plasmor are not easy.... they are Accidental. .. basicslly you can get them without trying.... However Attempting to actually hit an Enemy in the Head with it on purpose is far less Consistent than just using a more Precise Weapon....

8 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Attempted this multiple times last night with arca plasmor and others weapons. With plasma didn't get even one headshot. With other weapons and other locations couldn't get past two of three headshots.

No misconception. In that particular situation it's all about the size of the projectile. You are shooting a huge projectile into a large group of enemies from above so you don't really have to aim at their heads, just aim where the crowd is tighter and try to shoot directly from above, not at an angle, which is why I mentioned jumping from the upper level so you can be directly above the enemies. This eliminates the whole need to aim. Is this method RNG based? Certainly. But it's also very consistent and easy. Sometimes it might require a few tries, but I've never had to stay for more than the minimum 5 waves there and most of the time I unlocked it on the first or second shot. 

As for landing headshots with Plasmor in usual gameplay - you can do it pretty consistently as well if you aim above the head so that their heads get clipped by the lower part of the blast. Not easier than shooting any other weapon, of course.

Edited by DarthKadra