Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfect Conservation "Clarification" (nvm, It's literally incomprehensible ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

HugintheCrow

Spoiler

Since I've seen way too many people have no idea what they are talking about, and still spread false info, I've decided to simply try and tell people how it actually works.

This is cold facts, I don't give a single Hek, if you think otherwise, you are wrong.

STOP DISINFORMATION!

You CAN complete the challenge by capturing e.g. 6 Pobbers from 6 different captures*.

You CANNOT complete the challenge by capturing e.g. 6 Pobbers from 2 different captures.

Capturing several animals from "pack spawns" is what was made to not complete the challenge. If your experience was different, you're either misremembering, purposefully sowing discord and false info, or you've encountered a bug.

*A different capture refers to a time period from accepting the mission to successful animal send-off

Edit: I see people are trying to disinform even here. SO AGAIN, if your experience does not align with mine, YOU are wrong/mistaken/didn't pay attention/didn't get a perfect everytime/trolling.

Also, if you think the act description is "confusing", then I can't understand how you passed reading comprehension tests in school.

On 2019-05-10 at 4:54 PM, [DE]Bear said:

3) Changes to Existing Acts!

• ‘10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations’ 

Now tell me, where do you see the word "types", huh?

EDIT AGAIN: Alright, for some reason there seem to be more people who actually had to hunt for different types than people who didn't. I personally did NOT need to care about species nor gender. This makes no sense, so I'm calling Sleek. Stuff's buggy, yo.

Edited by HugintheCrow
apparently there is no rules
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Since I've seen way too many people have no idea what they are talking about, and still spread false info, I've decided to simply try and tell people how it actually works.

This is cold facts, I don't give a single Hek, if you think otherwise, you are wrong.

*A different capture refers to a time period from accepting the mission to successful animal send-off

Different subspecies count as different capture so if you only do pobbers you need to capture different pobbers that's why 3 of them in 1 spawn will still count as 1 capture (same subspecie) , not counting the use of pheromones the most efficient way to do it is to get 2 echolures from 2 different species you'll get 3 subspecies from each really fast.

THIS IS HOW IT ACTUALLY WORKS 👍

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Not really, it was different species for me in the same mission of a solo free roam in the vallis. I caught 2 different types of pobbers, 3 types of virmink and the rest was some various other animals. I mean, if somebody can test this I would like to know. Because it did not work for me when I tried it the first time in the way you just said

1 hour ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Not really, it was different species for me in the same mission of a solo free roam in the vallis. I caught 2 different types of pobbers, 3 types of virmink and the rest was some various other animals. I mean, if somebody can test this I would like to know. Because it did not work for me when I tried it the first time in the way you just said

I can confirm subspecies count so 3 types of pobber and 3 types of other like borola will work for the 6 different captures.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO

I did my usual rep grind yesterday (bag me Kubrodons)... I got to 5/6 nightwave before I reached daily cap, but there are only 3 different sub species. And I did NOT get a single Incarnadine. So Brindle and Vallis must have been counted multiple times - but not always because I did at least 9 perfect captures.

Something surely is wonky with this. As per usual, the description of the challenge chore is vague/incomplete and the implementation is buggy...

vor 47 Minuten schrieb DoTengri:

I did my usual rep grind yesterday (bag me Kubrodons)... I got to 5/6 nightwave before I reached daily cap, but there are only 3 different sub species. And I did NOT get a single Incarnadine. So Brindle and Vallis must have been counted multiple times - but not always because I did at least 9 perfect captures.

Something surely is wonky with this. As per usual, the description of the challenge chore is vague/incomplete and the implementation is buggy...

I can 100% support this. Since I got 5/6 only from Poppers but had to hunt a different animal for the last one, this is most probably bugged.

Get an Oxylus, get a tranq rifle with tags, and run around with said rifle shooting all manner of creepy creatures. Aim for the head, and do this 6 times. Viola! You've successfully survived another random nightwave challenge!

Now be the umpteenth person to comment on how Nightwave makes you do arbitrary tasks for 20 minutes that you don't like. Tell me how the 10-wave single nitain alert was better.

13 hours ago, nslay said:

If you could enter/exit Orb Vallis 6 times and capture the same Virmink species and it counts

I entered it once, and ran around picking up every virmink trail I saw. 3 commons, 2 uncommons, 1 rare completed the mission.

Don't talk about what DE intended if you haven't read their Nightwave posts.

IT IS CLEAR AS DAY THEY DID NOT INTEND TO MAKE YOU HUNT DIFFERENT SPECIES.

Edit: The day is pretty unclear it seems.

Edited by HugintheCrow

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

I entered it once, and ran around picking up every virmink trail I saw. 3 commons, 2 uncommons, 1 rare completed the mission.

Don't talk about what DE intended if you haven't read their Nightwave posts.

IT IS CLEAR AS DAY THEY DID NOT INTEND TO MAKE YOU HUNT DIFFERENT SPECIES.

If I can do what I did before and catch only Verminks, I will be very happy!

I cited wiki and archive noting the changing of wording. You insult posters. How about you cite/quote Nightwave posts that clearly indicate that "different" doesn't mean different animals/species and that it has a more narrow meaning specific to pack animals... which is not very intuitive. If you're right, then the change will thankfully not affect me! But I see many other posts that contradict you... So, I don't believe you until I try it or see actual evidence.

Or you can continue to insult us for understanding "different" differently than you.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

snip

Spoiler

I already quoted DEbear's post in OP.

Of course I'm gonna insult people who purposefully lie and disorient others for no reason. It's a S#&$ty behaviour, so I answer in kind.

In what world do you live where "different conservation" (conservation is a mission, so obviously it means different missions) means "different species"?

Edit: disregard the above. The act seems to be buggy af. My personal experience was probably a lucky fluke.

Edited by HugintheCrow

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

I already quoted DEbear's post in OP.

Of course I'm gonna insult people who purposefully lie and disorient others for no reason. It's a S#&$ty behaviour, so I answer in kind.

In what world do you live where "different conservation" (conservation is a mission, so obviously it means different missions) means "different species"?

Yeah, I saw that in the patch notes. That doesn't really clarify what "different" means. I will try it when I get home.

All past Nightwaves I caught 10 Virminks. When I saw the change in wording "different", I thought to myself that I would not be able to capture only Virminks anymore. Pack animal subtleties never occurred to me... I never hunted, for example, Pobbers.

I will be very delighted if I can catch 6 common Virminks and get credit!

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yeah, I saw that in the patch notes. That doesn't really clarify what "different" means. I will try it when I get home.

All past Nightwaves I caught 10 Virminks. When I saw the change in wording "different", I thought to myself that I would not be able to capture only Virminks anymore. Pack animal subtleties never occurred to me... I never hunted, for example, Pobbers.

I will be very delighted if I can catch 6 common Virminks and get credit!

I just did it in one go. I'm pretty sure I captured only 3 different species in 6 different spots.

12 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Now tell me, where do you see the word "types", huh?

It says different.

It did not work when I tried catching 6 of the same exact type of pobbers.

It did work when I caught different subspecies of any animal, such as Sunny/Delicate/Subterranean for pobbers and so on for the other animals

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

It says different.

It did not work when I tried catching 6 of the same exact type of pobbers.

It did work when I caught different subspecies of any animal, such as Sunny/Delicate/Subterranean for pobbers and so on for the other animals

Yes different missions. You caught several pobbers during a single conservation, which is why it didn't work.

Again, learn to read.

Edited by HugintheCrow

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Yes different missions. You caught several pobbers during a single conservation, which is why it didn't work.

Again, learn to read.

False, it occurs very rarely but in 1 Pobber hunt can be Male and Female presented at the same time. Each Animal has 3 species x 2 genders.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099