Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about Saryn?

MrRixter

On 2019-08-06 at 5:17 PM, Loza03 said:

allow players to trivialise or circumvent the core gameplay mechanics

This ENTIRE GAME is trivial! There is no challenge in Warframe and there won't be unless DE seriously nerfs EVERY frame in the game. Talk about trivializing the game, pssh. You want a difficult game go play something else. Get used to the game being easy. And Saryn, isn't a nuker. You build up her damage to kill S#&$. Saryn 1.0 was nuker, press 1 button and clear the whole map. 

11 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I keep posting because you keep trying to call me out in front of everyone.

Literally just some salty saryn main sad when people go on about skill

Yo, I want to see your Saryn-like performance without Saryn.

You talk a big game but when someone calls you out on it you just pull out some immature name-calling and then you're a no show for the performance.
Does it not worry you that you make yourself out to be a liar online? I worry about what kind of person you are in real life if this is how you choose to have yourself portrayed to anonymous people over the internet.

You lied on here. I called you out and ask you to prove your words. So prove it or admit you lied with your BS.

4 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

This ENTIRE GAME is trivial! There is no challenge in Warframe and there won't be unless DE seriously nerfs EVERY frame in the game. Talk about trivializing the game, pssh. You want a difficult game go play something else. Get used to the game being easy. And Saryn, isn't a nuker. You build up her damage to kill S#&$. Saryn 1.0 was nuker, press 1 button and clear the whole map. 

Easy yes. Not trivial. And not every frame, although yes, far mare than really should be reasonable. Trivial is when you don't actually have to play the game. And in that respect, Saryn is definitely the best of a bad lot. Something I've said a bunch of times now - I don't think Saryn's playstyle is a problem, just her output.

She can still wipe the map of enemies after all, regardless of the fact that you have to build up to it. If she couldn't do that at mid-levels onward somehow, either by leaving heavies or by softening up enemies more than killing them or even just a flat DPS cap whatever, she'd be A-OK. Honestly, her Miasma and Spores could deal no damage and still be useful due to the mass corrosive and viral procs making big EHP's way more manageable, though that's obviously a hyperbolic situation. She really doesn't need to be able to kill literally everything in the room once she's ramped up to still be powerful.

13 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

ROFL, I don't care about new players in Sorties other than the fact they are probably going to die a lot and be frustrated with the game and quit.

I don't play Sorties as they are boring, and the rewards are crap. If DE makes the rewards worth it, I might do them, but as of now, I think I've completed a few dozen only.

Guess I read that wrong, fair enough

12 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

At this point im fairly certain you're either a troll or a complete moron.

1. AR riven or not aren't that good.

So a Soma riven with crit chance, base damage and multishot is bad?

2. Rhino is NOT the 1st frame you get, since he gives bonus damage and durability new players dont learn to mod properly.

You get him from the Jackal right? That's the first boss (apart from captain Vor)

3.The actual expression is put a filter between your brain and mouth, but we're typing.

There's 2. Between your eyes and that one. Which you said neither

The hell with it, you're a full blown retard, soma and ignis have clear differences to someone with half a brain cell to compare them like that.

I'm aware that they have a difference.

Ignis - AoE

Soma - Concentrated fire

Most people use the wraith because it's easier

Edited by WoodedSkate89

17 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

The graph was generated by DE (though almost a year ago iirc), so the data for your first would probably be in their logs. You could try to ask for that graphing in Feedback, but I doubt they'll do so since it would cause a flood of other requests for other graphs if they did that one.

As for you own: That data is in your inventory. Each frame has a percentage used. You could enter that data in a metric graphing program and get a fairly accurate account of your own usage. Though that data is not broken down by mode, just overall time used.

I know. I just would've liked to be able to see a graph of my frame usage per MR. Granted it may look a bit odd considering I built some frames in bulk.

15 hours ago, mikakor said:

why is this mess of a thread still going...? it achieve nothing except giving crybabies a place to whine about how they don't get the most kills. 

actually the thread is very telling, and its length should give DE some hints. the discussion has mostly been productive actually, which is why it hasn't been shut down.

given the nature of your question, are you thinking there isn't a problem here?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

You also top damage with a Lex and Trinity?

Why is every new player going for Rhino, because he requires skill? No, because he IS the noobframe, he invalidates the most of gameplay by reducing the value of propper modding in the early stages and teaches facetanking.

Well I always top damage using trinity and the mk-l weapons. What? you can't? Didn't you know the secret Trinity meta that makes her more dangerous than equinox, faster than guass and more tanky than Inaros and Nidus combined!? You need to spend more time in the simulacrum. 😉 This is a joke, just in case someone thinks I was actually being silly. 

I actually agree with your point about Rhino. Easy to get early, completely dominates the star chart and leads to a slower learning curve for the game's mechanics. Would I nerf Rhino or make him farmable at say, Kela's place? Nope. 

Hek, Excal can clear the freaking star chart if you mod him right. 

You know what's really overpowered?

Nidus in Dog Days. Passive health regeneration with water guns is broken. would I want his passive to be inactive come the next time this event rolls around? Hek no! 

Edited by (NSW)Badger

2 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

actually the thread is very telling, and its length should give DE some hints. the discussion has mostly been productive actually, which is why it hasn't been shut down.

given the nature of your question, are you thinking there isn't a problem here?

*peeks in* I'd like to note though, that a good chunk of the pages are full of select few people arguing back and forth with personal opinions. Not sure that indicates a problem but moreso a match of "quien es mas macho" >.<

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Well I always top damage using trinity and the mk-l weapons. What? you can't? Didn't you know the secret Trinity meta that makes her more dangerous than equinox, faster than guass and more tanky than Inaros and Nidus combined!? You need to spend more time in the simulacrum. 😉 This is a joke, just in case someone thinks I was actually being silly. 

I actually agree with your point about Rhino. Easy to get early, completely dominates the star chart and leads to a slower learning curve for the game's mechanics. Would I nerf Rhino or make him farmable at say, Kela's place? Nope. 

Hek, Excal can clear the freaking star chart if you mod him right. 

Vaykor Hek and Scattered Justice = OP

You know what's really overpowered?

Nidus in Dog Days. Passive health regeneration with water guns is broken. would I want his passive to be inactive come the next time this event rolls around? Hek no! 

I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of that. Good tip thanks.

Edited by WoodedSkate89
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Oreades said:

No I'm going for the "it's never going to be enough until it's gone" truth. 

They will never be able to nerf AoE abilities sufficiently to make people like your friend happy without making them so ineffective that they have all but removed them from the game. As long as they are even mediocrely effective they will be "too much" and it will just be another Nerf Saryn thread because someone will decide that (Insert Nuke frame) is OP or Unfair or whatever angle they decide to approach from.

When the answer is and has always been to simply not group with frames you don't like and or accept the fact that not every PUG group is going to live up you your playstyle standards because ..... it's a PUG group, ya get what ya get. If you want specifics LFG.

Much like the answer to challenge in Warframe is a harsh and simple "don't redline your builds 4head" but that doesn't stop everyone who can redline their build from redlining their build at all times and coming to the forums to complain that the content is "too easy" because they CHOSE to cheese it and pigheadedly refuse to do anything but continue to cheese the content. 

You mean like what they did to Ember?

5 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Saryn isn't the best warframe,

You don't need saryn if theres 15mil damage Nova

I didn't say anything about Saryn being the best.

You going to prove your words this time or just hide again?

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Oh yes I'm hiding on an online forum.

Invite me in game. Let's see your ESO run. I see you there, MR11. Take me through ESO without Saryn, without nuking, without cheese mechanics. I want to see your skill in action.

Edited by uAir

3 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Next time I'm in a game with a saryn, I'll ss it especially for you

I don't need your screenshot. Join with me. I'll go Loki and just go invisible. You can carry me through 8 waves of ESO with your no cheese all player skill only Rhino.

We're both here right now. With an open chance to prove me wrong. If you won't do it then you're a liar and I'm fine calling it that. Others have already called you out for being a liar on here so I'm happy to call it quits here if you're okay with it.

Edited by uAir

6 minutes ago, uAir said:

I don't need your screenshot. Join with me. I'll go Loki and just go invisible. You can carry me through 8 waves of ESO with your no cheese all player skill only Rhino.

Boi what's the point in that. If I can mod rhino to get 1mil armour, then all I have to do is ignis wraith, charge and stomp. That would survive an ESO any day

Plus with max arcane energize you have infinite armour 

Edited by WoodedSkate89

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

Boi what's the point in that. If I can mod rhino to get 1mil armour, then all I have to do is ignis wraith, charge and stomp. That would survive an ESO any day 

Nothing but a bunch of words coming from a known liar. I'm in game now. Are you going to show me or just sit there and blabber on about how good you are like an 11 year old talking about how good he is at Roblox?

1 minute ago, uAir said:

Nothing but a bunch of words coming from a known liar. I'm in game now. Are you going to show me or just sit there and blabber on about how good you are like an 11 year old talking about how good he is at Roblox?

I don't even have Roblox, nice attempt at a pathetic little dig though.

What do you want me to show you. An endless supply at 1million health can beat an 8 wave ESO. It's a no brainer

4 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I don't even have Roblox, nice attempt at a pathetic little dig though.

What do you want me to show you. An endless supply at 1million health can beat an 8 wave ESO. It's a no brainer

Yeah, show me. Invite me and do it.

And really, you're going to Rhino stomp and use Iron Skin? Isn't that... a serious lack of skill? lol
But still, I want to see you do it. Let's go.

Edited by uAir

hace 21 horas, WoodedSkate89 dijo:

If you mean that she's OP right now, I agree

thats what i meant, i mean seriously, great idea from DE for giving her the most OP elemental combination of all (damage procs with viral and corrosive, with AoE distribution of said procs, and don't forget it multiplies its damage the more its on at least one enemy) great job DE ¬¬ make any other warframe and weapon irrelevant

Edited by Toppien
  • Like 1