Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Executioner Garesh

Bagadyr

8 minutes ago, Bagadyr said:

I think he is the type of enemy that we would want. Players wanted to have improved AI and difficulty. So here he is, mobile and engaging. He is fast, can bullet jump, corners you. 

And he doesnt have tons of hp.

Do this, and we'll have many many posts like this on GD about how enemies are too difficult, etc, etc. 

Whatever you propose, and for all those who like it, it will definitely be hated and ranted against.

Such is the life of the Warframe community. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Not really, he's only challenging because those water guns have less range than a old man in the toilet, he'll only be a minor nuisance against a fully modded frame with a actual weapon

Yeah he would die just as fast as everything else when the 4 orbs from my catchmoon comes flying his direction.

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)OriginalEquinox:

Not really, he's only challenging because those water guns have less range than a old man in the toilet, he'll only be a minor nuisance against a fully modded frame with a actual weapon

Exactly.

He'd just be another combination of digits popping up at the horizon melting from spores like all the rest.

On 2019-08-07 at 12:35 AM, sleepychewbacca said:

Do this, and we'll have many many posts like this on GD about how enemies are too difficult, etc, etc. 

Whatever you propose, and for all those who like it, it will definitely be hated and ranted against.

Such is the life of the Warframe community. 

There's a difference between disliking content, and disliking a mob that has a hitbox smaller than their body. When you can shoot straight through it and not get a hit even in solo mode, there's something wrong.

The far bigger problem I see with the event isn't Garesh, but the rampant enemy teleporting.

Garesh isn't even that big of a problem.  Like someone said in another topic about this, the key is distance.  Put some distance between you and him, and then just gun him down as he blindly runs straight towards you.

A lot of you didn't grow up playing Unreal Tournament, and it shows.

I guess this is what happens when everyone is used to lazily designed games like CoD, where hitscan and slow, simple movement is the order of the day, and aiming is about as complicated as clicking on an icon on your desktop. But for someone who is used to using slow projectile weapons against super mobile enemies, Garesh isn't a problem at all. Discounting the couple times I have seen him get all laggy and broken, of course.

Meanwhile, the rest of the enemies may as well be the broad side of a barn, with how huge and slow they are. This is a big part of why the game mode is so boring to me. If all the enemies were more like Garesh, then maybe they would actually pose some semblance of a challenge, and the whole event wouldn't be quite so tedious.

Though, if you are having trouble with him, using Aero Vantage to put him to sleep can help.

11 hours ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

What is F.E.A.R?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.E.A.R.

A game. It is a cult classic, heavily praised for it's AI.

In reality, the AI was incredibly simple (having essentially only 3 commands), but the game and it's levels were designed in such a masterful way that the AI felt like you were playing against real people.

Edited by HugintheCrow

11 hours ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

What is F.E.A.R?

First Encounter Assault Recon - It's a fairly old game by now, but still deemed the FPS game with the best AI.
Not only that, but the game also have one helleva story, that will make you jump several times, because it's a mix of action FPS and horror. It's really a great gem.

Anyway, the AI does a crapload of communication in the game. If you stick to cover too much in one postion, a squad will lay down cover fire, while a few of the squad members will attempt to flank you, or simply throw grenades to flush you out.
They also reacted to sound and light changes just like any human would do.

Most modern games have terrible AI that's usually just given a bullet sponge mode, instead of more cleverness.

10 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

A lot of you didn't grow up playing Unreal Tournament, and it shows.

Ehh...yes and no.
UT bots had a default stat settings that just increased based on difficulty. Honestly their mobility didn't change much, except with a slight increase in side dodging. What increased the most was in fact their "auto aim" (which really only showed when a bot was using hitscan weapons), unless you played random and faced off against "Loque" bot. Then you're in a world of hurt 😉
Their side dodging was a general pattern, so they were easy to kill even with the higher difficulty. They were also just as dumb when it came to using enviroment "abuse" with rocket launcher and Flak Cannon.

/edit
I don't recall any mob in the Dog Days to be annoying. Garesh is the little skinny dude mostly side stepping and keeping a medium range?
If so, just bulletjump in his face and unload your gun. He's only bothersome when you put distance between him.

Edited by Frennick

54 minutes ago, Frennick said:

Ehh...yes and no.
UT bots had a default stat settings that just increased based on difficulty. Honestly their mobility didn't change much, except with a slight increase in side dodging. What increased the most was in fact their "auto aim" (which really only showed when a bot was using hitscan weapons), unless you played random and faced off against "Loque" bot. Then you're in a world of hurt 😉
Their side dodging was a general pattern, so they were easy to kill even with the higher difficulty. They were also just as dumb when it came to using enviroment "abuse" with rocket launcher and Flak Cannon.

/edit
I don't recall any mob in the Dog Days to be annoying. Garesh is the little skinny dude mostly side stepping and keeping a medium range?
If so, just bulletjump in his face and unload your gun. He's only bothersome when you put distance between him.

The bots in UT actually had quite a bit of variety, and were extremely customizable. You weren't limited to just the overall bot difficulty setting for the match, you could also modify each bot's AI individually. Both by the set of sliders in game, or by editing the .int files outside of the game. You could change their aggressiveness, accuracy, reaction times, dodging capability, and even their preferred weapon. And usually, if you set their stats to 100%, they were superhuman. Nearly perfect accuracy, instantaneous reaction times, and their dodge cooldown could actually be faster than the player's.

Though, in any game, an AI "player" will always be far more predictable than an actual human player. That's why they usually have to make them cheat to make them decently hard. The reason Loque was so nasty in the original UT was because his accuracy was set to 100% by default, and his favorite weapon was the Sniper Rifle. So he basically got nothing but headshots, because his accuracy was nearly perfect. But he still followed the same basic logic as every other bot.

Either way, the point I was trying to make is that Dog Days shows how easy we usually have things in Warframe. Most weapons are hitscan, and those that aren't usually have some other advantage, like a huge blast radius or massive punch through projectiles. And most of the enemies we fight are very large, and very slow. No to mention all the things you don't even have to aim, like Warframe powers. All this makes the enemies extremely easy to kill, even while you're bullet jumping all over the place.

But in Dog Days, you have one slow firing, arcing projectile weapon, and no powers to back you up. So it takes more effort than usual to get kills. Not much more with most of the enemies, since they are still just as huge and slow. But Garesh actually takes quite a bit more aiming skill to kill. His small size and high speed makes it much more complicated to predict how to lead your shots. If, like me, you grew up playing UT, this should be second nature to you, so you won't complain. But, if you grew up playing any of the CoD/Halo clones that are the vast majority of multiplayer shooters these days, you probably won't be used to having to do much more than aim straight at your target. Thus, the complaints.

2 hours ago, Frennick said:

First Encounter Assault Recon - It's a fairly old game by now, but still deemed the FPS game with the best AI.
Not only that, but the game also have one helleva story, that will make you jump several times, because it's a mix of action FPS and horror. It's really a great gem. 

Anyway, the AI does a crapload of communication in the game. If you stick to cover too much in one postion, a squad will lay down cover fire, while a few of the squad members will attempt to flank you, or simply throw grenades to flush you out.
They also reacted to sound and light changes just like any human would do.

Honestly, having played F.E.A.R when I was a kid, I don't remember the AI being that impressive.

Then again, I did adopt the 'shoot quickly and accurately' method for some reason, so maybe they didn't have much of a chance to exhibit it.

Edited by Renegade343