Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split up trade chat!

(XBOX)pacos tacos76

1 hour ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I'd be more interested in 2 trade chats, one for normal trades and one for rivens..

^ This. I'm sick of seeing Riven clutter up the chat when I'm looking for Primed mods and Arcanes. The 🔎 function makes trade chat unbearably slow.

4 hours ago, (XB1)pacos tacos76 said:

I think it would be more beneficial to have 2 different trade chats, one for buyers and one for sellers. I think this would make trade chat a lot more efficient and easy to use compared to the state it is in now.

not really needed now that we have filtering you can just exclude wts or include only wtb. I think splitting it would make it more difficult for sellers who post in the selling section to find buyers who post on the buying section.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I'd be more interested in 2 trade chats, one for normal trades and one for rivens..

I would like this or at least the option to filter out rivens entirely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

You'd simply end up with 2 trade chats where you get rivens and other trades in both chats.

7 hours ago, (XB1)pacos tacos76 said:

I think it would be more beneficial to have 2 different trade chats, one for buyers and one for sellers.

Which would end up being 2 trade chats with both buyers and sellers.  And, what would we do with WTTF ads?  Are those buyers or sellers?

I agree, rivens and other.  Buy and sell is irrellavent.  Rivens eat up so much space nobody even bothers to sell other stuff in chat for the most part.  That said, just WF market... trade chat is for ripping people off and getting ripped off and neither of those is anything I endorse.

Maroo's Bazaar is already the WTS half of Trade Chat. Only problem with that is that instances get filled, and then players have to start another one. Then incoming players have to hope the instance that isn't full has at least some of the wares they need.

Can players set up shop in another clan's dojo? Maybe use featured clans as trade hubs as well? Or one open world that is just a giant auction house? Unum or something?

3 hours ago, Senguash said:

I can't be the only one who are both interested in selling and buying anything, including rivens, when I look at trade chat.

I cannot possibly be the only person who likes having it all in one place.

I was going to comment this, but you basically summed it up. One of the annoyances of trading for me is listing items on multiple websites. I do it anyways because of the end result, but possibly missing a good sale/buy because I was watching a different chat would be frustrating to say the least.

We have chat filters to personalize trade chat, and having it all in one spot is convenient.

Edited by Voltage

16 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Rivens are not important enough in the game to warrant a totally new chat channel.

That's, like, your opinion, man.

It's not about them being "important", it's about them taking up a lot of space because of how long certain Rivens' name are, and how frequently they're sold. You put these 2 things together, and trade chat becomes just visual noise where the only discernible text is "godly riven" and "12k plat".

And then add people selling prime sets in bulk, and it just turns into a nightmare.

Edited by Blexander

If DE isn't going to implement a solution for Riven trading, then maybe the players should try to make their own Riven trading HUB? There ways to try and organize the various trading venues, given how there are dojos, and the Bazaar for players to set up shop. We have both the forums and Region chat in game, perhaps use them to get the player base and community organized. 

Maybe have, what were they called?, Guides of the Lotus or something, try and direct players to one agreed upon HUB for specific trades. Or let players trade in relays and cities (Cetus or Fortuna)

Am I setting my hopes up too high, or do players want DE to try and force implement a solution that would probably enrage some part of the player base, and then getting flooded with Feedback threads about how trade chat is too spread out for them to try trading?

Edited by TaurusDeRoma

4 hours ago, Senguash said:

I can't be the only one who are both interested in selling and buying anything, including rivens, when I look at trade chat.

I cannot possibly be the only person who likes having it all in one place.

Its less of a matter on a nice condensed space and more of a matter that too much text flooding is going on at the same time. Plus a MAJORITY of people have gotten so fking lazy on typing things, they clearly dont understand if they do not put the proper key words in the text they write, they will take much longer to likely get a buyer/seller to respond back to your posts.

Warframe/weapon prime parts are called PRIME PARTS for a reason, which the fact they all have the term PRIME in them, means its easy to search for them alone, same could be said of typing RIVEN when you are talking about riven mods in buying/selling. Do you really think a person is going to suddenly want to a buy a riven mod you post if they are trying to do some buying/selling of prime parts? Most people will likely not UNDERSTAND the affix system aka certain term parts (which can have 2 to 3 different variations, Where the whole freakin reason being able to link riven mods is kind of important for people to know what the heck they are looking at) mean certain stat lines and its even more ridiculous to request a mod with 2 or more specific affixes and expect someone will post you a message within the next few hours, when text chat already scrolls faster then people went nuts over buyable roombas in warframe.

Some people might complain that they want thar messages to be SEEN by everyone, but its the opposite. Do you think people give a fking care that you are selling 50 prime sets, if they themselves are only interested in Arcanes or single prime parts or they themselves are trying to sell stuff too? No, they would rather tell you to go bugger off and put you on ignore, which eventually leads to people just putting half the market chat on ignore, which makes it even harder for people to do sales, on top of trying to set up a complex level of filters just to avoid the common spam. WHICH will still get thru because people just want to out-right ignore common terms again.

TL;DR: It can honestly have a comparison to how you have scummy game companies unable to be trusted to regulate themselves on ridiculous scams for monetization. Its impossible to expect the player base, especially a FREE TO PLAY player base, to have the capacity to regulate themselves into following certain principles, since you will always have that mob of people who likely ignore websites made by helpful groups of players to make things less of a hassle, because its not some official site or its not stated in-game thru a easy to find thing with preferably a interface to make use of it, Smaller groups would have no issue making use of it. But it becomes an issue when its a very LARGE group that has no organization at all & no minimum requirements are present to make sure the individuals present at least have enough brain cells to comprehend things enough to know why they should use X thing and ignoring it going to just lead to bad times for them.

Edited by Avienas

44 minutes ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

If DE isn't going to implement a solution for Riven trading, then maybe the players should try to make their own Riven trading HUB? There ways to try and organize the various trading venues, given how there are dojos, and the Bazaar for players to set up shop. We have both the forums and Region chat in game, perhaps use them to get the player base and community organized. 

Maybe have, what were they called?, Guides of the Lotus or something, try and direct players to one agreed upon HUB for specific trades. Or let players trade in relays and cities (Cetus or Fortuna)

Am I setting my hopes up too high, or do players want DE to try and force implement a solution that would probably enrage some part of the player base, and then getting flooded with Feedback threads about how trade chat is too spread out for them to try trading?

Honestly having some people getting ticked because d.e. has to step in and do a ACTUAL big brother moment to make sure the mob of little siblings(the playerbase) actually stand in line to take turns on using the bathroom instead of trying to beat each other to a pulp to be first is kind of a mandatory necessity at this point. 

If market chat was at least enforced a bit better to split up into one for only rivens & one for only normal stuff, it would at least greatly reduce traffic and only people in the riven market chat would be INTERESTED in rivens aka the whales of warframe who have huge amounts of plat they can throw about. While the common market chat could be for people who wish to do normal marketing, not this big spending shenigans that riven marketing has devolved into. Seriously, if you have been around BEFORE riven mods were introduced, you can know where i am getting at how some-what-decent market chat was for a good long time.

It would help if we had actual trading hubs to manage marketing instead of just a generic chat box, which i am sure some people will fuss about having to go to a `relay` if they want to market, but do you really need to be managing mods/arcanes/loadouts/etc. if you are trying to sale things in a marketing system that has a attention span worst then a goldfish to where you if you do not instant reply to the MAJORITY of messages, you will likely not hit that 10~30% chance or less that you get picked from the other bunch of people who offered to buy/sell to a person, which the smart one will likely fish out the one offering the lowest and then ignore the rest with no prompt to say they are not selling/buying the thing anymore.

P.S. If how bad warframe`s chat moderators had gotten to where some had pulled toxic level of behaviors, i can not trust that d.e. should leave it up to the guides of the lotus to manually handle redirecting players to a unofficial trader hub of marketing that would likely be situated in someone`s dojo which might have a capacity limit, further limiting market managing, but could easily be flooded with troll spammers and what not which would require having members of this trade-hub clan to be ready to quickly boot these trolls on a nearly 24/7 time table between the members, to where it might as well be a non-paying job for them at that point. Which does not help if you can`t temp ban them from said dojo if its suppose to be open to the `public`.

Edited by Avienas

With Fortuna, it was clear that the player base could at least make a coordinated effort, look at Fortuna 69 which has remained open Hotfix and Hotfix. Here it can be clearly seen that players can work together, so why not for trade chat? If they can do it for a meme or joke, why not for the player economy?

13 hours ago, (XB1)pacos tacos76 said:

I think it would be more beneficial to have 2 different trade chats, one for buyers and one for sellers. I think this would make trade chat a lot more efficient and easy to use compared to the state it is in now.

I agree, it is really not efficient to have a clown fiesta of WTS/WTB. We already have too much to look for on the actual message, not to mention when we message someone and say "I have (item he wants to buy)" and he replies "I'm pretty sure I said I'm selling it"...

You dont need another channel. The filtering needs to be improved to be able to filter items that the buyer is/not looking for.

eg:

'!Riven' - filters out ALL riven based advertisments.

'!Ayatan !Riven' - filters out both riven and ayatan advertisements.

'Ayatan' - Only display ads that have the sub-string ayatan in it.

'Riven' - Only display Riven ads.

'Maim Over' - Only displays ads that have the sub-string Maim or Over.

It can be as specific as you want it or as generic as you want it, grep users will know how powerful general expressions are. Nothing overly complicated.

Edited by tychondus

All in one tab is more convenient. Just use filters wisely. You can’t possibly be looking/buying/trading all things at all time. Just put in the key words of you interests, you will be seeing only those items. Simply and easy. 

Edited by George_PPS

On 2019-08-13 at 4:58 AM, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

And the fun thing is you can't filter them because of all the prefix names.. plus sellers use WTB to bypass the filter, too! 

It's entirely possible but not worth the effort. Instead of trying to use a negative filter to keep out stuff, it makes a lot more sense for us to just put a single positive, or possibly two for the items that are currently interesting to you. 

It makes the whole thing more than manageable, practically sedate really.