Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Discussion and Feedback

MisterCheshire

As for Grendel himself:

His 1 is ok, I mean they said he could eat enemies

His 2 is meh, & how does it work? Press to gain buff, but does that mean it instakills the enemy(ies) inside?

His 3 should be combined with his 1, press to eat, hold to throw everyone out with a big toxin aoe, what's the utility of throwing one enemy like a projectile? Doesn't seem useful at all

His 4 looked fun at first, but so boring at the end. Does it work like his 1? Then why not his 1 in the first place if it doesn't add anything except for an aoe which doesn't even kill the enemy either

So yeah, my opinion on Grendel, I don't like him

Combine 3 into 1,and new 3 based on troll/oni lore. Trolls turn into stone in the sun, so base 3 offa that.

New 3, Become invulnerable stone, absorb damage, and reflect it back when the stone shatters-explodes. Can become stone during Meat Ball, and shatter-explode the stone to "bounce" the Meat Ball. Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash

Edited by (XB1)aMichealMeyers

1 minute ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Combine 3 into 1,and new 3 based on troll/oni lore. Trolls turn into stone in the sun, so base 3 offa that.

New 3, Become invulnerable stone, absorb damage, and reflect it back when the stone shatters-explodes. Can become stone during Meat Ball, and shatter-explode the stone to "bounce" the Meat Ball. 

Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash

This has nothing to do with his theme

Just now, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

His theme is Grendel the troll, and was originally based on Oni demons, and I'm pretty sure Onis don't like sunlight either 

You're thinking of Atlas with that ability

His kit is built around eating & being fat, as fun as that sounds, not turning into stone, that looks so out of place too :/

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You're thinking of Atlas with that ability

His kit is built around eating & being fat, as fun as that sounds, not turning into stone, that looks so out of place too 😕

I'm thinking of trolls, and how Grendel is a troll. And trolls become stone in the sun. I'm also thinking of Kirby, and the devs have called Grendel "the kirby frame" so imo, it's totally "in place" 

I don't even like Atlas

5 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I don't even like Atlas

I really don't care

5 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I'm thinking of trolls, and how Grendel is a troll. And trolls become stone in the sun. I'm also thinking of Kirby, and the devs have called Grendel "the kirby frame" so imo, it's totally "in place"

Not in every lore are Trolls turning into stone, I actually never heard of this

other than that, why does Kirby makes you think of stone? "He gains the property of what he eats", as far as I know, no enemies in the game are made of stone

So no, it's not "totally in place"

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I don't really care

Not in every lore are Trolls turning into stone, I actually never heard of this

other than that, why does Kirby makes you think of stone? "He gains the property of what he eats", as far as I know, no enemies in the game are made of stone

So no, it's not "totally in place"

In Smash, Kirby has a move where he turns into stone, and smashes everything under him. Don't need to eat anything before hand, so that's why I said "Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash" 

Well alright then. Why don't you come up with something that isn't eating spitting or farting. 

Just now, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

In Smash, Kirby has a move where he turns into stone, and smashes everything under him. Don't need to eat anything before hand, so that's why I said "Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash" 

Are you doing this on purpose? Scott is the one that told us "he can eat his enemies, like, think of Kirby"

That's all, now stop with this stone stuff, you clearly see it has nothing to do with his other abilities

3 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Are you doing this on purpose? Scott is the one that told us "he can eat his enemies, like, think of Kirby"

That's all, now stop with this stone stuff, you clearly see it has nothing to do with his other abilities

Am I doing what on purpose? I just thought, that, it'd be, fitting, being a troll and all. I was just coming up with an idea for new 3, but you don't gotta be a $&*^ about it. Also, where's your idea for new 3? Unless it's even S#&$tier that my "stone idea" 

27 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Also, where's your idea for new 3? Unless it's even S#&$tier that my "stone idea" 

idk, for now all I can think of is an acidic aoe on the ground, maybe like Oberon's 2, like vomiting as gross as it sounds, well, his current 3 is vomiting one enemy at a time, so I'm not too far

It could cc since he doesn't have any that does that, well, excepting his current 4 with only a 4m radius

Yeah, I thought of that specifically since you said this:

36 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Well alright then. Why don't you come up with something that isn't eating spitting or farting. 

You're welcome

EDIT: Nothing to say btw?

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

I think that Grendie just gunna the way he is. a sloppy eating farting puking boy. DE just has to make him do so with a bit more class. I personally feel uncomfortable with his 3 and 4 but i'm sure that de will figure something out. I don't believe that stone has anything do with his kit. the Kirby thing was just him pointing out that Grendel eats and vomits stuff. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I think that Grendie just gunna the way he is. a sloppy eating farting puking boy. DE just has to make him do so with a bit more class. I personally feel uncomfortable with his 3 and 4 but i'm sure that de will figure something out. I don't believe that stone has anything do with his kit. the Kirby thing was just him pointing out that Grendel eats and vomits stuff. 

Exactly

23 hours ago, Miser_able said:

First off, his 1 isn't an instant kill, it traps them and damages them over time, like hydroids undertow. 

Secondly, he requires "food" for 2,3,and 4. For his 2 you consume an enemy stored within to receive a buff, the 3 is obvious, and I think for his 4 they said it consumes 1 food charge to turn on his 4.

Third, he has always looked like that, even before we knew what his powers were about, idk where you got the idea that he was just recently "ruined" 

Lastly, yea you got me there. I agree that his 1 and 3 should be combined. Though I have no idea what would serve as a viable replacement. 

First off, his 1 isn't an instant kill, it traps them and damages them over time, like hydroids undertow. 

ye but its not a basic damage skill and with 3 its ik

Secondly, he requires "food" for 2,3,and 4. For his 2 you consume an enemy stored within to receive a buff, the 3 is obvious, and I think for his 4 they said it consumes 1 food charge to turn on his 4.

i ddnt see full description so im not sure but if it works like that well there is still no point to give those skills some food cost if he still has energy its just not used potental

Third, he has always looked like that, even before we knew what his powers were about, idk where you got the idea that he was just recently "ruined" 

i dk how he looked before kit i just know they wanted some change in frames models what is ok but its not used potential of some real skill combos etc. look at wisp

they throw out that great frame with super skills and super synergy in them

and look at grendel synergyies ...

Lastly, yea you got me there. I agree that his 1 and 3 should be combined. Though I have no idea what would serve as a viable replacement. 

like passive its just basic 

and 4 with i think his 4 should be his new 3 and some damage for 4

7 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

His theme is Grendel the troll, and was originally based on Oni demons, and I'm pretty sure Onis don't like sunlight either 

you can't think of him like a troll , i never seen in wf universe some trolls ,from which he could take some skills 

hes fat and he has big mouth to eat and vomit  atlas is "element" frame hes just hungry

Grendel basically erases hordes of enemies off the map with a glance in their direction, no matter their level, to deal with them later and use them for his own gain. That's a similar function but with a different approach to the "death is the best CC" mentality we see so often around these parts.

However, Grendel should be able to control how fast his stomach contents are digested in order to use the majority of his kit (or just don't require an eaten enemy to cast his other powers). Part of his abilities should have a scaling damage component so he isn't the new Vauban who can only CC enemies into himself.

Nourish appears to insta-kill the selected enemy, but remember in the devstream they are level 6 Grineer that die when you sneeze. We don't know if it is a guaranteed death or just a set number of damage.

Likewise, Regurgitate appears to deal low damage, but maybe it has a percentage of enemy hitpoints component dealt as ability damage, so it could potentially dish out a chunky damage number even at high levels.

Meatball can be fun or clunky to control, depends on how they execute its movement. Hopefully it has a damage reduction or evasion built in. Plus, dealing damage based on how fast you roll would be a great addition to it, IMO, so you are highly incentivized to prep a downhill slide and slam into stuff head-on.

Meatball can be fun or clunky to control - it will be stupid in other maps than poe where u have tons of small stairs etc. u never get good momentum speed and im  curious about rotation and mobility it will be like volt 2 or gauss 1

For his 3 (with the assumption the current one is just combo'd with his 1), how about a pounce / belly flop? Something you could use to jump to your next meal, and maybe have an AoE radial where you land that scales on how full you are. Mobility, maybe CC in the AoE, would synergize well enough with his kit, and fit theamatically. The ability could be made castable in meatball mode to help build up speed in flatter areas / go up hold / get out of low spots.

On 2019-08-20 at 10:20 AM, Frenotx said:

For his 3 (with the assumption the current one is just combo'd with his 1), how about a pounce / belly flop? Something you could use to jump to your next meal, and maybe have an AoE radial where you land that scales on how full you are. Mobility, maybe CC in the AoE, would synergize well enough with his kit, and fit theamatically. The ability could be made castable in meatball mode to help build up speed in flatter areas / go up hold / get out of low spots.

he should have some different skills in his 4 like dash big jump for cost of food etc