Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

there was a stealth nerf to melee a year ago?

(XBOX)WafflyLearner89

Might be whips and other melee weapons not being able to hit things across walls.

Players were essentially increasing the range making whips deal heavy critical damage on enemies far away, especially effective on corpus ship tilesets, regardless of obstructions

Just now, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

I think that so-called "stealth nerf" is the fact that melee can no longer hit enemies through walls.

So stealthy that it was announced beforehand.

Just like all my playthroughs of stealth games, where I inevitably tell everyone I'm coming due to all the death and noise along the way. So stealthy.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

I think that so-called "stealth nerf" is the fact that melee can no longer hit enemies through walls.

wasn't the stealth nerf that was boldly put out in the patch notes when that happened gif included of a excalibur doing the wall slide attack and it not working

the only stealth nerf i can think off is the lost of melee momentum when the chimera update dropped after that update momentum didn't work no matter how hard you tried to do so 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seprent said:

wasn't the stealth nerf that was boldly put out in the patch notes when that happened gif included of a excalibur doing the wall slide attack and it not working

the only stealth nerf i can think off is the lost of melee momentum when the chimera update dropped after that update momentum didn't work no matter how hard you tried to do so 

chimera was before or after melee 2.9? That may be the nerf that I heard being brought up in the melee 2.9 mega thread.

1 minute ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

chimera was before or after melee 2.9? That may be the nerf that I heard being brought up in the melee 2.9 mega thread.

i don't recall but i want to say after but i'm not sure just as a heavy weapon melee user when that dropped and i was getting repeatedly interrupted mid swing by every knock down in the game (lancers, gunners, bombards, moas, ect) i've been salty about it ever since and turned the game into a 3rd person shooter and really only use melee for the directional slams or swap to since it's faster than reloading.

Just now, seprent said:

i don't recall but i want to say after but i'm not sure just as a heavy weapon melee user when that dropped and i was getting repeatedly interrupted mid swing by every knock down in the game (lancers, gunners, bombards, moas, ect) i've been salty about it ever since and turned the game into a 3rd person shooter and really only use melee for the directional slams or swap to since it's faster than reloading.

yeah melee is not doing so hot right now. I'm actually working on a post on how I would rebuild melee to make it more interesting. was trying to make sure to find all the parts that have reduced how fun melee was and what would make it better. 

That nerf may not be the one I was thinking of but sorry to hear that it screwed you over. Hopefully DE will fix it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I think it was something about move around with melee?

ah. that, yes possibly. some Melee Weapon Categories may have experienced changes on whether you can walk while using the Melee Weapon or not.
all Melee Weapons should just be able to do that, sigh

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There have been some stealth nerfs like the loss of momentum and I think the loss of proper targeting to the enemy in front of you.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

ah. that, yes possibly. some Melee Weapon Categories may have experienced changes on whether you can walk while using the Melee Weapon or not.
all Melee Weapons should just be able to do that, sigh

Those are probably the nerfs mentioned. Thanks so much. Will be mentioning these in my post for my ideas for melee 3.0

18 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I think it was something about move around with melee?

The stealth nerf you are looking for is the loss of momentum with certain melee types like hammers. It happened with Chimera update almost 1 year ago, defenitely before melee 2.trash.

It's arguably a precursor of 2.9's issues, since it's completely unwarranted nerf to a type of weapon that DEPENDS on being faster instead of SLOWER than ranged weapons, and it only affected combos giving them an even worse reputation.

And quite importantly, it was done without a word and hasn't been acknowledged to this day. The same thing happened once before, back then it was fixed as a bug. But this time it was a flipping feature introduced covertly!