Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Umbra Echoes on the way, will Umbra Forma´s give us the same Effect?

AntiZepher

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

So Ture.

If they grant us to pay for this item, that expires?, I can partially hear EA cheering 

I hope they won't be as blatant as that, given how prior game acquisition of things like Aura Forma, etc, are but who knows?

They're definitely trying out a new mechanic that the playerbase is going to have to get used to.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

So what's the 'community' team for then?  Sure they still have one although some of the titles have changed recently by the looks of it.

Personally I'd say they're the ones who should be dealing with the forum, collating information from it and then feeding it back to the dev's...

All I ever wanted was for Madurai's Void Radiance to be fixed from how it is right now. 

But that, like all the other valid concerns/problems people have will get ignored. It's not a priority. 

Contacting support, tells us to post in said forums. An endless loop of ignoring.

Of course when it embarrasses or hurts them financially then, well, yeah.  

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

So True.

If they grant us to pay for this item, that expires?, I can partially hear EA cheering 

Ok, let's slow down now. No need to bring the Devil's diarrhoea into this argument.

Item expiry is not new, we have argon. DE branding this item as some type of "high investment, high gain" is not very appealing. The buff isn't that good compared to what the game already has to offer, and placing them in a C rotation drop table(for instance) is not something people are going to want to farm.

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I hope they won't be as blatant as that, given how prior game acquisition of things like Aura Forma, etc, are but who knows?

They're definitely trying out a new mechanic that the playerbase is going to have to get used to.

Why don't they just save it for Railjack?, it makes more sense there, as Railjack is something completely new and is very common for expire able items in space like sim games. 

2 minutes ago, Blexander said:

Ok, let's slow down now. No need to bring the Devil's diarrhoea into this argument.

<Hides it> Fine 🥺

4 minutes ago, Blexander said:

Item expiry is not new, we have argon. DE branding this item as some type of "high investment, high gain" is not very appealing. The buff isn't that good compared to what the gamealready has to offer, and placing them in a C rotation drop table(for instance) is not something people are going to want to farm.

If it's not very appealing, then why do it in the first place?, once more, make it a Permanent thing, we have like 41 Warframes (42 soon, not counting "Vauban") that is a highly good reason to keep farming it. Argon Crystal is already a pain, unless you kown what to do.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb TALISMAN_XVII:

The first thing I thought after seeing it on the dev stream last night? "Why wouldn't someone just use Umbra?" He has this autonomy ability permanently and as Warframe powers are disabled with these Echos of Umbra (from what I could tell) it just cements the idea that it's a complete waste of time. Literally no incentive.

You're right with it beeing a waste of time, thought I don't think umbra is a frame you play for the use of his passive ability. I do think it's at the point where DE didn't think about it but just wait for it is all I can say, since it's just a preview yet. DE just gotta listen to our ideas more, instead of releasing stuff they think good of but we don't. I personally disagree with the Echoes since they're as useless as spectres, I'm open for a full rework, in the end they're just like another pangolin sword: an ingame item that exists like any other item but will never ever have a use, since it has NO use and NEEDS a rework. don't repeat this! the idea itself is maybe there but the development isn't, we gotta fix that to stop undeveloped game fillers from getting in the game and not getting reworked even once in a lifetime.

Edited by Issaye
  • Like 2

Eh meh... Reeks of stamina bar and daily revives kind of scheme, though on a much smaller and optional scale. Don't really see a reason for me to even bother with it, too much micro-management and likely rng for something so apparently useless as a lame specter that does no abilities and lasts 24h.

So as it stands I still see the very same issues disruption always had; lame rewards and no real reason to play them. Apart from the Kuva one, which is always another alternative for those farming Kuva.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

"24 Hour Umbral Buff"

Read as: "About 2-3 hours or so, based on Average Game Session Time per Player, as you install it before your session starts the firsts day, play, and run out just as you're starting the next day, at around the same time."

When you look at that cruel reality, this "Buff" is actually more worthless than first glance.

Indeed.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yeah.. I honestly thought they put the umbra forma or at least new formas like exilus forma or stance forma or something like that in there which would make the game mode interesting for literally the majority of the community..

Hey Gauss!

And yes, SO meny been requesting Umbra Froma to be added to the drop table, such as the Aura one and other one, that allows us to Froma with the level cost.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

And then they come with this.. useless and downright insulting reward.. 

At this point, no one is srupised, lets hope Gauss don't suffer the same fate, already saw comments about how useless, he'll be.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Looks like Gauss will be the most interesting thing in the next update, which is sad because i thought that maybe 1 #*!%ing time de does something right.. but nope, again they didn't listen to the community at all and come with this laughable reward..

I'm truly insulted.

Seems so. The new game mode is fun, but the rewards?, not so much.

• Like 1

All i can think with this "umbrafying" is this meme:

-Mom can i get a new Umbra?

-We got Umbra at home

Umbra at Home:...

Shouldn't there be a next Umbralike Frame out by now like they said?Guess Umbra formas and this is the flex tape solution DE came with.Disappointing and lazy at the very least.

Edited by DeathDweller

29 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

So what's the 'community' team for then?  Sure they still have one although some of the titles have changed recently by the looks of it.

Personally I'd say they're the ones who should be dealing with the forum, collating information from it and then feeding it back to the dev's...

They are the community team. That is it. By their name I don't think they interact with the devs much. (But who knows.)

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This comment is said alot around the whole web. Someone can tell you that they used to be a army man and tell you its a "Fact"

So, cool your jets

Because it's not like you came to together in a little circle to jerk about how the reward sucks.

Never the less I stand by my point of "If it's a problem say it to feedback". (And "I don't care about the they ignore us" excuse.)

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Because it's not like you came to together in a little circle to jerk about how the reward sucks.

Never the less I stand by my point of "If it's a problem say it to feedback". (And "I don't care about the they ignore us" excuse.)

Well, OP really didn't put it in feedback, but someone else said, there's no point putting it in Feedback, as its gonna be the same result, regardless of the "where its posted" its the Forms man, I see your point of course, but when we do provide feedback (most of the time) its not really took in. the amount of  (And "I don't care about the they ignore us" excuse.) lately has been working lately.

But yeah, we all stand by our points, each to their own right?

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Well, OP really didn't put it in feedback, but someone else said, there's no point putting it in Feedback, as its gonna be the same result, regardless of the "where its posted" its the Forms man, I see your point of course, but when we do provide feedback (most of the time) its not really took in. the amount of  (And "I don't care about the they ignore us" excuse.) lately has been working lately.

But yeah, we all stand by our points, each to their own right?

Well I might do. I'm not a big fan of this idea either. (I had some bad experience with time limited stuff in an other game.)

Tho I kinda want to wait and see if they make changes on this thing.

So, since I don't watch Prime Time (cause it's at like, 2 past midnight here), this is news to me. Am I to understand that, other than Gauss, the new Disruptions nodes will only have something that temporarily makes Warframes gain the Umbra passive? Cause if that's the case, I literally have no reason to play the mode then. I buy my Warframes, and I really don't care about the Umbra passive (I mostly play Loki, my operator's weapons suck... it's a detriment).

So, thank you DE for not making me play this mode! Genuinely! I'm not fond of these reskinned defense modes, so the less incentive I have to play them, the better.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, since I don't watch Prime Time (cause it's at like, 2 past midnight here), this is news to me. Am I to understand that, other than Gauss, the new Disruptions nodes will only have something that temporarily makes Warframes gain the Umbra passive? Cause if that's the case, I literally have no reason to play the mode then. I buy my Warframes, and I really don't care about the Umbra passive (I mostly play Loki, my operator's weapons suck... it's a detriment).

So, thank you DE for not making me play this mode! Genuinely! I'm not fond of these reskinned defense modes, so the less incentive I have to play them, the better.

i can solo an eximus exterminate phase sortie wit just my operator amp...

but  i do agree this thought process is crap, they dont want to make an extra umbra frame 

46 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

If it's not very appealing, then why do it in the first place?

They're trying out new things, I wouldn't fault them for it, but my god have some of showcased additions to game been all over the place. Shawzin? It only exist for people who know how to make/like to listen to music.

The new features they release follow a linear path of "add something new -> see if the community likes it -> they like it? ok; they don't? promise to fix it soon(tm)".

I think they're just lacking focus, but they can't afford not to please every single group, from the vets to the newbies to the niche groups like people who make songs for Octavia.