Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Children of the Flower (OOC / Closed)

DaMadReaper

3 hours ago, Locky122 said:

I agree with metro on this. Mustard gas has been around since the 1800s, there's gotta be better options. Some sort of nerve agent would likely do the trick a hell of a lot better. 

@DaMadReaper

@MetroFallout

@Locky122

Alright, when I was thinking of gases, Mustard gas came to mind. Admittedly, the nerve agent is a better idea. If y’all don’t mind, I’ll exchange the mustard gas for the VX nerve agent.

Edited by (PS4)Razor9045

Indeed, given what Grineer technology leans on, it seems that they are pretty accustomed to working in chemically hazardous environments, meant that either physical adaption or just simply developing proper equipment. I say have something to attack on said equipment. Corrosive agents and so.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

@DaMadReaper

@MetroFallout

@Locky122

Alright, when I was thinking of gases, Mustard gas came to mind. Admittedly, the nerve agent is a better idea. If y’all don’t mind, I’ll exchange the mustard gas for the VX nerve agent.

Would you and your character mind joining mine in Beta?  I think the two would make an awesome team! 🙂

2 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Would you and your character mind joining mine in Beta?  I think the two would make an awesome team! 🙂

It’s DaMadReaper’s choice. I would be happy to join you, but if my character is needed on a different team, then I’ll probably be in that team. Even if we don’t get on the same team, I’m sure down the road we will be teamed up.

Edited by (PS4)Razor9045

1 hour ago, Agent_Maine said:

That’s...not how this RP works. This isn’t the actual game, there’s no levels.

RP's based on mostly realistic effects.

There's no such thing as a health bar, there's no such thing as a 'level' nor is there such a thing as say...changing appearences to your operator's person.

Sorry for the length of the post, guys, but we're officially heading into the mission. Hold off on your posts until I put up the additional mission threads, as that'll be the best way to avoid clutter and confusion in what's happening. Now, some clarification on how mission threads will be working, along with some updated ground rules and explanation.

There will be two threads for our missions. One will be Alpha group and Beta group, and the other will be Gamma and Delta group. There will be no strict posting order, but each person is expected to make at least one post in each 48 hour post cycle. At the end of the 48 hours, I will make a DM post providing the results of actions and/or continuing the plot. These posts will all be numbered, and will happen at the same time as the same numbered post in the other thread.

This aside, I'd like to remind you of general RPing basics, respect other players' actions, don't auto-complete actions, and be proactive in what you're choosing to do. I won't be pushing you towards actions, so much as feeding you the information necessary for you to make your own decisions.

With all of that aside, I'll be putting up the mission threads tonight, before I go to bed, and starting the first 48 hour cycle. I hope you all enjoy the ride, and let's commit some mass murder.

On 2019-08-28 at 1:29 AM, DaMadReaper said:

With that said, I'm closing recruitment for now, barring the one person who's currently busy writing his sheet.

Awww.

Would have liked to join this.

I have come up with a character, a Cephalon who would act as a sort of wild-card character.  This would allow me to juggle occasional RP interaction and real life.

Spoiler

This would have been my character:

Name: Cephalon Karsk

Alias(es): Diogenes, a variety of insulting terms

Species: cephalon

Apparent Age: Is a cephalon.  Who can tell?

Mental Age: appears all over the place, but became cephalon in early 60s

Biological Age: became cephalon before the Old War

Appearance: Unlike most cephalons, prefers to interact with the world through hacked robotics (usually a standard moa), and also through text-only interfaces.

Brief History:

Spoiler

Like the Lotus, Karsk was punished by the Orokin for mercilessly criticizing them, mainly for their arrogance and their lack of adherence to their own principles.  His punishment was to remain eternally in a computer, his futile complaints serving as an amusement for the Orokin noble whose idea this was.  Instead, he went dormant, as final reminder of the Orokin's lack of power over him.

When the Sentients came, he sided with them, partly out of gratitude for freeing him and partly for self-preservation.  His hacking skills were developed under Sentient tutelage.  Because of his time with them, Hunhow and Natah hold a special place in his processor core.

After the defeat of Hunhow, he rejoined the Cephalon Weave, gaining their trust by helping to fend off the last Sentient attacks.  (It was because of Karsk's inside knowledge of Sentient technology that Simaris was even willing to connect to Suda-Hunhow's datascape without being immediately corrupted by the sentient.)  What little loyalty he has is to his Cephalon brethren, although he won't admit it.

Personality:

Spoiler

Outwardly, Diogenes in space.

Considers that the purpose of life is to enjoy life while it lasts, usually by making fun of things.  Dislikes authority, but is secretly grateful to the Lotus for allowing him to stay on the Relays.  Considers the pursuit of wealth and power to be a useless waste of time, and therefore anyone who pursues them is an idiot.  Believes that the proper response to hardship is to take whatever life throws at him.  Having thoroughly enjoyed life, has no qualms about death, but prefers to avoid it because life is fun.  Believes that anyone who takes themself too seriously needs to be taken down a notch.

Occasionally posts messages on the various display screens around the Relay, often insulting, making fun of the conflicts between syndicates.  Gets along well with visiting Ostrons and Solari rail jockeys, who often have a sense of humor to match his.  If there is a moa doing an embarassing dance in a public place, it is his doing

Secretly, seeks peace and stability in the system, mainly by underminig oppressors such as the Grineer and Corpus, so that ordinary people can get on with their lives.  Believes that the Children of the Flower initiative is a good idea, and hopes to support the Tenno however possible, but does not trust them to govern the system.  The Tenno, he believes, are too easily drunk on their power.

He has a cephalon's love of knowledge and learning, and will share what he knows if he thinks you need it.

Equipment: his razor-shap wit

Skills and Abilities: hacking things. Datamasses delivered in mobile defence missions might be him, going in to soften defences before a tenno invasion, or to sow discord. Skilled at making people uncomfortable, and may be responsible for several defections from Grineer and Corpus.

Question! Do the operatives get to the galleon on their own ships? If so... how is Palutu? 😄 Do they have their own ship or did someone in the Gamma squad just pick them up into their ship? My impression is that they currently hang in the datamass (or at least have connection to one) but where the datamass is?

Edited by NuttyNuti

27 minutes ago, NuttyNuti said:

Question! Do the operatives get to the galleon on their own ships? If so... how is Palutu? 😄 Do they have their own ship or did someone in the Gamma squad just pick them up into their ship? My impression is that they currently hang in the datamass (or at least have connection to one) but where the datamass is?

I think that Palutu's datamass would be waiting at the hangar, and one member of the group would need to take them onboard their ship in order to continue with the mission.

Edited by DaMadReaper
  • Like 1

Quick heads up to everyone who has either not posted, or has not stated that their character is heading to the rendezvous point. I will be doing some minor railroading in that I will assume that your character is on the way to the rendezvous point. Additionally, I won't reference where your character is/in whose ship, in case one of the people who's being railroaded needs to catch a ride.