Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re release original Warframe!

vadiks2003

9 hours ago, vadiks2003 said:

kinda yes but the main point is not trolling

about the "old warframe" i mean no stuff like wisps walking around or something, just old graphics, buggy trinity, no relic getting prime stuff and other stuff

Implying Trinity isn't buggy still...

At least you can still use Well of Life to troll, so that's something.

Not saying i do that, but it's possible.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Implying Trinity isn't buggy still...

At least you can still use Well of Life to troll, so that's something.

Not saying i do that, but it's possible.

Warframe 2013: Enemy has 10x more health?! How could you make us suffer with this pinhata!?

Warframe 2019: Enemy has 10x more health? So... 2 shots instead of 1.

9 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Warframe 2013: Enemy has 10x more health?! How could you make us suffer with this pinhata!?

Warframe 2019: Enemy has 10x more health? So... 2 shots instead of 1.

Depends on the teammates.

Most high MR's would either ignore WoL-d enemies or oneshot them.

Low MR's would still shoot them and deal almost no damage and learn something new.

I usually only do this at extraction.

Re-release of ye olde Warframe would be interesting as a some kind of limited-time thing but I don't think it would be feasible for DE to make it permanent. I'm pretty sure that nostalgia and curiosity wouldn't be enough to keep it alive for long.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

- Stalker will almost certainly killed you. Even with Squard (Level 30 Stalker is very OP).

Never happened to me. It was actually the other way around with an unmodded skana, no abilities, all the time.

... ah~, good times! I want that thing back, specifically. That's the only thing I want from the good old days.

8 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

Secondly, I didn't say Rhino was only OP at that time. But because how low number the Warframe is and how the Iron skin works (Corpus didn't even have Nullification yet), Rhino is mostly first choice for most Players.

Uhhh yeah you never said that

- Rhino is a Very OP Frame.

Bruh can't remember what he said a day ago let alone warframe in 2013 smh

Lastly. IDK why you think I'm complain when I'm just layout the Facts. It's feel just like you can't accept it. A lot has change for a more fun experiece. It did make the game easier, but more fun for most people. If you don't have fun with current Warframe and have fun with past Warframe, don't mind me.

What facts? That you "didn't say rhino was OP"? Lmao. You didnt say facts you said opinions... I can't accept what? That the old game isn't perfect? Sure but it is now lol. I'm not saying remove this Warframe and make it the old one, just make an old one... 

18 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I love the new Warframe, however the old is great too. It'd also opens an opportunity for new players to play original Warframe.

So I say re release original Warcraft. Uhh I mean Warframe.

Please tell me:
What is "original" warframe.

Is it "Vanilla", aka U0, when CBT launched (which is nothing like the warframe of today...)?
Is it one of the many patches between U0 and U1 that they went through quite rapidly with massive changes to the game (such as adding and then removing grenades, playing with CDs, etc)?
Is it U2 before we got more than 1 tileset (but at least somewhat resembles the warframe of today)?
Is it U5 when we got the first starchart?
Is it U6 when we got "mods 1.0"?
Is it U7 when we got "Mods 2.0" and went open beta?
I could keep drawing lines at major updates but you get the point...

I mean where do you draw the line of what is "original" warframe?

Also where will DE get the money that pays to support both versions and keep the older version largely bug and crash free?

Also, please tell me: Why should DE slow down on updates more and divert the team away from mainline updates to release an "original" version of warframe?  What benefit is there for them to do this?

Edited by Tsukinoki

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Yes.

You...Do realize what that means, right? A bare-bones experience without all of the conveniences of today's Warframe. I can't even imagine why anyone would be compelled to demand such a thing. This isn't Old School Runescape-level nostalgia, this is something else entirely, and it's concerning.

19 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

World of WarCraft Classic just got released. So now every game needs the v1.0 server apparently.

The difference is World of Warcraft was a full game in Classic and the game itself is separated in expansion, each with a different overall player feeling. The main call for Classic WoW is also because of how the classic game just did not exist in current WoW as nearly all of it had been removed or reworked.

Does Warframe even have a defined "classic" period?

Edited by Bioness

I dont see how there could ever be enough demand to warrant taking the time required to make a "classic" warframe. that time and money would be better spent working on something else, like an overhaul or new content. basically no demand,plus little in the way of things to make money off of would mean itd be DoA, which means... not worth the costs.

3 hours ago, Bioness said:

The difference is World of Warcraft was a full game in Classic and the game itself is separated in expansion, each with a different overall player feeling. The main call for Classic WoW is also because of how the classic game just did not exist in current WoW as nearly all of it had been removed or reworked.

Does Warframe even have a defined "classic" period?

I never defined classic tbf, and never said classic, said original.