Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absurd Bans need to stop, please;

(PSN)abhidec1

Hello Tenno!

I would like to share my woes with you people. 

I was on region chat when someone said, "say syk backwards for a ppat reward". Even though I knew I wouldn't get any plat, I want ahead following which I was banned immediately. No warning, notification or email. Also, I was unaware of what backwards of syk meant until after I was banned since English is not my 1st language.

I contacted support.warframe.com but they are doing all they can to avoid me.

Shouldn't DE punish the troll rather than punishing an innocent unsuspecting victim to a troll? Why do I have to have my experience ruined due to that misbehaving, mean person's vile actions?

Shouldn't DE investigation immediately? Instead of taking it up immediately, they said they will investigate a week later. 

DE should be ashamed of punishing an innocent and letting a troll ruin experience of others.

Thank you for listening to me.

abhidec1  

• Like 1

Report the troll, as you are correct in that that person did something wrong too.

fwiw Support didn't wait a week to investigate. that would have been basically when they got to you in the long line of Support Tickets.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Something about stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

Or users should start using a common trait known as critical thinking.

I don't play warframe to have to exert myself thinking all the deep meaning of whatever is said in chat. I play it to have fun.

... Learning real life lessons is your friend...

... Learning to use what you've learned to your advantage outside of real life (online) is also your friend...

... Expecting outright that everyone in chat, in any game, is going to troll you one way or another with chat traps, and not falling for them, is a virtue...

... Now, I ask you... What did you learn from that experience?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Report the troll, as you are correct in that that person did something wrong too.

fwiw Support didn't wait a week to investigate. that would have been basically when they got to you in the long line of Support Tickets.

I got a reply in 5-6 hours but they said they want me to wait it out for a week and said only after that could they investigate. And when I asked them to investigate immediately in a reply, they closed the ticket. When I made a follow up, it was auto closed. DE is showing draconian behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

Spell ICUP. You're equally as culpable as the troll who said to say something backwards, since you thoughtlessly did so. Next time be more cautious. 

Not thoughtlessly. I thought that person wanted to spell sky.

Edited by (PS4)abhidec1

1 minute ago, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

I got a reply in 5-6 hours but they said they want me to wait it out for a week and said only after that could they investigate.

And when I asked them to investigate immediately in a reply, they closed the ticket. When I made a follow up, it was auto closed. DE is showing draconian behaviour.

ok, odd but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the rest of your Post is poor behavior though. they're not oppressing you or anything by not accepting you creating superfluous Support Tickets.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

ok, odd but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the rest of your Post is poor behavior though. they're not oppressing you or anything by not accepting you creating superfluous Support Tickets.

They should take care of the troll, and lift the ban from my account. They aren't superfluous. DE is avoiding and closing tickets so I had to send in another one. 

My experience is getting ruined because of it. I am social. I cant play without chat. It was not even my fault 😞

Edited by (PS4)abhidec1

5 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

For the record, kys means "kill yourself". This is not something that should be allowed to be said. The bot banned you automatically for saying it. The bot doesn't know you fell for a troll. 

I do understand. But support should lift it and do the needful by awarding the punishment to the troll. That's all I ask.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

I got a reply in 5-6 hours but they said they want me to wait it out for a week and said only after that could they investigate.

The only thing you could've done after ^this^ was to be patient.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

And when I asked them to investigate immediately in a reply, they closed the ticket. When I made a follow up, it was auto closed.

Of course it was. I suspect that it was because you demanded an immediate investigation without a back-up report from your part, reporting the troll for said action and with tangible proof (screenshot)... I don't know, but I think that you can't take screenshots on a PS4...

Now, imagine that the investigation can only occur a week from now, because its being barred by Sony due to some kind of legal restriction... Unlikely, but it can happen... By demanding an immediate investigation, you've thrown your investigation request out the airlock. Any follow up tickets you decided to create were automatically classified as abusive behavior (spam) and consequently closed.

One of the things DE asks of players, whenever they use their Zendesk support, is to be patient.

They would've solved the issue, at least any issue I had that made me use their Zendesk support was solved. I created just one ticket for a specific matter, then I had the reply, provided extra info if requested, waited for a few days (some times it was solved a few hours later) and had the issue solved.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

The only thing you could've done after ^this^ was to be patient.

Of course it was. I suspect that it was because you demanded an immediate investigation without a back-up report from your part, reporting the troll for said action and with tangible proof (screenshot)... I don't know, but I think that you can't take screenshots on a PS4...

Now, imagine that the investigation can only occur a week from now, because its being barred by Sony due to some kind of legal restriction... Unlikely, but it can happen... By demanding an immediate investigation, you've thrown your investigation request out the airlock. Any follow up tickets you decided to create were automatically classified as abusive behavior (spam) and consequently closed.

One of the things DE asks of players, whenever they use their Zendesk support, is to be patient.

They would've solved the issue, at least any issue I had that made me use their Zendesk support was solved. I created just one ticket for a specific matter, then I had the reply, provided extra info if requested, waited for a few days (some times it was solved a few hours later) and had the issue solved.

I do know that I should be patient. If only DE have said they can't investigate for 1week due to Legal restrictions (as you mentioned) imposed by Sony, I would have been patient. They didn't say a word about it. Naturally it felt as if they were being evasive and my experience would be ruined for a week because of a troll and that, in itself is quite frustrating so I demanded an immediate investigation.

Also, I do think DE can access chat logs of the time I was banned.

I strongly believe DE should mend it ways of responding to tickets and provide more information.

Just now, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

If only DE have said they can't investigate for 1week due to Legal restrictions (as you mentioned) imposed by Sony,

It was a hypothetical example, but it may be true. They're also not forced to say anything, because once they start moving to solve an issue its treated as "internal investigation" of sorts... The only thing you can do once they start moving is to simply trust that they'll be able to solve it.

I'm guessing that your chat ban duration is 7 days. If it is, then its probably to allow communication between you and them, in case they need something else, or to let you know the end result of the entire process.

... again, hypothetically speaking.

The way DE responds to tickets is like this... If you are behaving properly, everything works out. But the moment you stop behaving properly, you get axed. They'll definitely enforce their rules without a second thought, and the first move is to disregard the issue and ignore any follow up tickets from the same user. I don't know if its a time sensitive punishment.

Its definitely not like in the forums, where players have the choice to step back, calm down, pant heavily, and return to good behavior towards other people, in which they only step in when there's absolutely no other choice.

Here's a practical example, a fellow player made a topic complaining about issues with the lighting system 2 weeks ago, and demanded that DE should revert to the old lighting system because stuff is too bright (his brightness setting was at 80 both ingame and on the graphics driver setting). A member of DE requested that he should put his values to default and take screenshots of the areas affected by wrong lighting levels... The dude had a behavior meltdown because the Grineer tiles had dark corners so, for him, everything was reduced to pitch black... On top of that, he decided to "Bash the Devs" routine. Because the lighting issue (since its a transitional process until Railjack is released) seems to be affecting everyone, including myself, I decided to lend a hand and provide my set of screenshots of areas affected with overbrightness, at default values... The other guy decided to bash on me instead, to the point where I had to report his behavior, and explained the situation properly. His topic wasn't closed, it was removed and it only took 30 seconds after I reported his behavior, because I could no longer manage it.

... Now, you're forced to wait the week they said, like it or not. And lets hope that they didn't disregard your issue, and decide to investigate it afterwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

For the record, kys means "kill yourself". This is not something that should be allowed to be said. The bot banned you automatically for saying it. The bot doesn't know you fell for a troll. 

I think @Miser_able brings out the key to this.

I really "wish" that the "bot" could be implemented in a less severe manner especially when revolving around the disconnects between languages and internet terminology fads. Not saying in this specific matter but just in general.  Kinda feels harsh to ban someone immediately for something they might not have understood and then only follow up if they submit a ticket. Something like a chat suspension pending further review than an outright ban. Chat moderation is something DE has "always" had problems balancing to some degree or another.

But then that may just be a generational disconnect on my part.

Edited by Aesthier

Play stupid games get stupid rewards.

If you've been entirely unaware until now then take this as a lesson that the chat filter is rather strict. Plus unless you get a permanent ban most punishments last less time than it'll take for support to get back to you.

And they probably won't even care as to why you typed what you typed. The only person responsible for the words you put into chat is yourself.

Also region chat is a rather pointless feature for many reasons. I recommend sticking solely to recruiting and trade chats for their designed purposes.

• Like 3

I will add my voice to saying there needs to be far more transparency.  There is no notice of any shape or form given, the chat just stops as if your internet connection died out, and there is no message about suspension or why.

This creates an extremely toxic relationship between the player base and the chat moderators, and in turn DE as a whole.

As someone who works in the customer service field, I would not tolerate such behavior from my employees, and I would never suggest such a SOP for any business unless I was trying to get them to tank.

And in particular, with the already vile reputation the wf region chat mods have (and I do mean vile, Ive heard nothing good since the very first day I started playing), it honestly is in the best interrests of DE to *inform* their customer base of disciplinary action.  Either the bot generates a message to the player informing them that it was an automated chat filter if it was an auto kick, or the moderator manually issuing the ban tells the player why.

An indication of the ban length would also be a good idea, especially if the line on support tickets is as backed up as everyone says.  This alone would eliminate the tickets of people simply seeking to find out how long the ban is.

This is not difficult, it is not unreasonable, and it would be a massive improvement to the customer service experience to have just a bit more transparency and accountability.

Edited by MacKenzie7717
Typo/spelling corrections
  • Like 1

I can't believe people still fall for this. speaks volumes about the intellect of some people.

people need to stop being so incredibly gullible. I'm genuinely concerned that if someone told you to jump off a cliff to reach a pot of gold at the bottom, you might actually do it....

a moment of thinking can save you entire hours of stress...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

I don't play warframe to have to exert myself thinking all the deep meaning of whatever is said in chat. I play it to have fun.

If your story is true, then you did something incredibly stupid, and you deserve a ban.  Can you tell us why you said that in chat?  Are you driven by plat greed so much so that you can't control yourself?  Did you think it was funny? It boggles me.

Then again, I really don't believe your story.  You strike me as a troll.  Maybe I'm cynical.  Enjoy your ban 😁

• Like 9