Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why rolling guard is better than quick thinking and Adaptation

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

On 2019-10-11 at 3:23 PM, Walkampf said:

You definitly need to learn to comprehend words...

At this point, you aren't even coherent statements... 

On 2019-10-11 at 3:34 PM, DeMonkey said:

The irony of this made me smile, thank you.

On 2019-10-11 at 3:25 PM, FrostDragoon said:

I accept your concession.

On 2019-10-11 at 3:37 PM, FrostDragoon said:

It was deliberate on his part. He was making a joke (that I rather liked, actually), lol.

On 2019-10-11 at 3:39 PM, DeMonkey said:

Not saying otherwise, just expressing my amusement at it. :satisfied:

Observe muh chill'uns, observe the off-topic'ry going on here. Just PM each other so i don't have to sift through more posts that have nothing to do with the blessed Rolling Guard and its comparisons.

Just now, Im_a_Turtle said:

Observe muh chill'uns, observe the off-topic'ry going on here. Just PM each other so i don't have to sift through more posts that have nothing to do with the blessed Rolling Guard and its comparisons.

You could have PM'd us with that, you know?

Image result for think gif

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

RG must be truly blessed to have so much undeserved devotion. Hail!

On 2019-10-10 at 6:41 AM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

A lot of people underestimate the affects of rolling guard, i don't blame them the damage reduction numbers you see on your screen with adaptation look very shiny

And the illusion of invincibility that quick thinking gives you is also very tempting 

But Rolling guard can do things both adaptaion and quick thinking cannot 

Quick thinking turns your energy into your health pool...so forget using that mod on warframes that are energy hungry

Adaptation needs you to get hit a lot to get the most amount of Ehp/damage reduction necessary to survive 

Rolling guard wants you to....well...roll

Quick thinking not only chews through your energy pool it staggers you constantly and you'll be standing there thinking that quick thinking is quick enough 

Adaptaion like i said needs you to be tanky...so it requires to be the reason you bring this mod in the first pace...so why even waste mod slots?

Rolling guard's only downside is it's 7s cooldown...but 3 seconds of invulnerability is enough time to retaliate...or heal...or take cover or even tank high damage from bosses 

Let me tell you more reasons to love this mod

status procs? What's that: if you want to bring adaptation to tank these slash and toxin procs, or quick thinking to let energy take them...yeah rolling guard just cancels them all

from now on there is no harrow I AM HARROW: aww man...i'm soloing teralyst fight but i'm not harrow to protect me from energy spike...don't worry with good timing and positioning you can protect yourself from the entire phase of the energy spike with the use of rolling guard 

Safe casting: someone like valkyr that wants to turn off hysteria while having a lot of stacked damage that will kill you, or someone like revenant that needs to recast his mesmer skin but afraid of enemies one shotting you...don't worry, rolling guard will protect you while casting all of your abilities 

Use rolling guard...it's worth the trouble of farming it

You seem to be the purveyor of a large number of incredibly mediocre thought-through topics, all which seem to be  trying to turn warframe into dark souls, except the underlying combat loop and mechanics are completely different. Perhaps more thinking that isn't mediocre should be a thing you try. Often.

1 hour ago, -Kittens- said:

You seem to be the purveyor of a large number of incredibly mediocre thought-through topics, all which seem to be  trying to turn warframe into dark souls, except the underlying combat loop and mechanics are completely different. Perhaps more thinking that isn't mediocre should be a thing you try. Often.

Gee what a way to say "in my opinion"

Seriously the amount of "intellectuals" here are outstanding 

But to answer your very weak complaint 

No i'm not trying to make warframe darksouls

I didn't make the mod...i'm just saying that the mod has it's situational uses which are many in warframe 

The fact that you spent time in your life to write a post just to look smart is really really sad

QT is garbage but Adaptation makes a world of difference, its like playing with cheats really (totally broken on high EHP frames). Rolling guard is good and you can stack Adaptation while being invul too so you could run both if you are on a squish frame.

If QuickThinking wouldn't stun lock me almost every #*!%ing time it activates it would be on par with adaptation.

Rolling guard is not better than adaptation tho. Adaptation is a passive that gives extra protection forever pretty much. Rolling guard has to be activated. With rolling. Which is dumb. Many players like to use roll in mid air to boost their speed so this mod just slows down those people.

It's also only useful on certain frames and situations. 

37 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

If QuickThinking wouldn't stun lock me almost every #*!%ing time it activates it would be on par with adaptation.

Rolling guard is not better than adaptation tho. Adaptation is a passive that gives extra protection forever pretty much. Rolling guard has to be activated. With rolling. Which is dumb. Many players like to use roll in mid air to boost their speed so this mod just slows down those people.

It's also only useful on certain frames and situations. 

Quick thinking gives your new health pool(energy) damage reduction (the 240% efficiency)..it also takes the values of any armor and/Or damage reduction abilities 

What i've noticed is the more damage reduction your quick thinking has the less staggers you'll suffer

You only get staggered when you receive heavy damage

So put quick thinking on gauss for example and you get a very unkillable warframe

I mean it fits...QUICK thinking

I roll to avoid damage, hence a mod that makes me invulnerable to the damage I avoided doesn't exactly intrigue me.

Also, having some added defense to mobility is nice (roll dr), but having your defense tied to your mobility (RG) doesn't feel comfortable.

Ofc, that's just my way of playing, to each his own.

Edited by Ver1dian