Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the option to turn off Umbra's transference Passive?

(PSN)Jedi_Arts_

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this one. Excalibur Umbra is a really cool frame, but the passive where he fights alongside your operator isn't always practical. First, he deactivates your Exalted Blade every time you press 5. If you need to heal with Magus Arcanes or use focus abilities, you have to recast 4 every time. It's counter-intuitive. And it's a problem that a normal Excal doesn't even have.

Also Umbra can move off the spot and be in entirely different places than where you left him, and if your operator dies that can put you in some strange/dangerous positions. I'm also not entirely sure how Umbra interacts in stealth missions, but I could see there being some problems there too. I often find myself using the generic Excal more often, which is unfortunate because Umbra has some fashion I quite like. Along with being the only Warframe with 3 Umbral polarities.

But the solution is easy enough. Just hotfix in a simple option for us to switch this function on and off.

49 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Excalibur Umbra's "sentience" isn't that easily disabled. 

Why? How about a special switch in the Excal Umbra Mod screen to turn off sentience? I don't think that's so difficult. It's unprecedented, sure. But Umbra isn't exactly a normal frame to begin with. And considering they were working on an "Echoes of Umbra" feature, maybe it's not that much of a stretch that we could disable something that we might already be putting on other frames.

52 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

That said, a way to have it hold position, like a specter, would be more likely.

That would be nice, sure. But it doesn't address the main problem. That is, Umbra will deactivate Exalted Blade every time you use transference. Someone else said it again already:

37 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

also he always turn off Exalted Blade when the operator mode is online, which is annoying as hell too.

Perhaps if Umbra could actually use Exalted Blade with his passive (instead of deactivating it immediately) that could also help alleviate the problem. Though it's doubtful DE would like that solution. They probably inadvertently created this problem because they didn't want a specter to wield an Exalted weapon.

But with how important Operator combat & arcanes are becoming, using Umbra can feel like a downgrade over the generic Excal. And that shouldn't be the case. If Umbra is not allowed to wield the blade, we should at least have the option to revert to the generic functionality. They already did give us the option to turn of the Umbra cosmetic details. I feel like the same should apply here.

7 hours ago, TylerFreeman said:

I think the literally easiest solution I could think of is add the [Interact] action to tell Umbra to hold position like all other summoned specters/Faction allies do.

I said the same thing, but the OP's main gripe is that Excalibur Umbra can't/won't use his exalted blade.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

10 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

You could always use regular Excalibur. 

This is how I feel.  Umbra is its own Warframe, with its own thing that people like.  If you are running a mission where you don't want it, then run a different Warframe.

The exalted blades shouldn't turn off though, that sounds frustrating.

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

OP's main gripe is that Excalibur Umbra can't/won't use his exalted blade.

... I can only wonder why such a huge wall of text to simply request that Umbra should use Exalted Blade...

... Its like "stuff stuff stuff stuff stuff stuff things stuff loads of things, Excal Umbra should keep Exalted Blade and use it like it happens in any other warframe, stuff stuff things stuff loads of thingstuff, also hate to be placed in weird positions because my Operator is better than my warframe yet I get killed and recalled just to die and use a revive, stuff things stuff sthings thuff whatever"...

And then a pearl of wisdom pops in:   V

11 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

(...) use regular Excalibur. 

If the OP values fashion over functionality, when choosing which Excal to use, then those complaints are nothing more than a smokescreen to a single request... Which is:   V

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

(...) that Excalibur Umbra can't/won't use his exalted blade.

... And OP wants Umbra to use it.

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I can only wonder why such a huge wall of text to simply request that Umbra should use Exalted Blade...

... Its like "stuff stuff stuff stuff stuff stuff things stuff loads of things, Excal Umbra should keep Exalted Blade and use it like it happens in any other warframe, stuff stuff things stuff loads of thingstuff, also hate to be placed in weird positions because my Operator is better than my warframe yet I get killed and recalled just to die and use a revive, stuff things stuff sthings thuff whatever"...

It was a very short post in the context of these forums. And I see you've used a couple lines here just trying to be clever.

And then a pearl of wisdom pops in:   V

I already do use regular Excalibur (as I've said a few times). Because, Umbra has a very unnecessary problem with using transference. People shouldn't feel they have to use the vanilla version because of mistakes made on the new variant. It would be nice to solve it instead.

then those complaints are nothing more than a smokescreen to a single request... Which is:   V

Do you think I'm trying to disguise my intentions? Let me try to be clear.

I don't care if Umbra uses Exalted Blade passively. That was just a suggestion.

As long as using transference doesn't constantly deactivate Exalted Blade, then I'd be pretty happy. The other problems I brought up were just some other reasons that it might be a good idea to do something about this. Is it wrong to bring up several reasons that something is a good idea?

But I'm not trying to conceal my motives. The Exalted Blade problem is the main reason I'm here, yes.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Jedi_Arts_ said:

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this one. Excalibur Umbra is a really cool frame, but the passive where he fights alongside your operator isn't always practical. First, he deactivates your Exalted Blade every time you press 5. If you need to heal with Magus Arcanes or use focus abilities, you have to recast 4 every time. It's counter-intuitive. And it's a problem that a normal Excal doesn't even have.

Also Umbra can move off the spot and be in entirely different places than where you left him, and if your operator dies that can put you in some strange/dangerous positions. I'm also not entirely sure how Umbra interacts in stealth missions, but I could see there being some problems there too. I often find myself using the generic Excal more often, which is unfortunate because Umbra has some fashion I quite like. Along with being the only Warframe with 3 Umbral polarities.

But the solution is easy enough. Just hotfix in a simple option for us to switch this function on and off.

The solution is real easy. Use Excal instead of Excal Umbra. 

17 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

You could always use regular Excalibur. 

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

The solution is real easy. Use Excal instead of Excal Umbra. 

Umbra is not a sidegrade or a re-skin, so this "solution" is off the mark.I am also curius, what is there for you to lose with an added toogle option?

53 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Umbra is not a sidegrade or a re-skin, so this "solution" is off the mark.I am also curius, what is there for you to lose with an added toogle option?

What is there for you to lose with using regular Excalibur? Why not embrace Umbra's sentienceness?

8 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

What is there for you to lose with using regular Excalibur?

I don't know? Maybe better base stats, access to Umbra set, specialization against a certain faction, supperior fashion.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Why not embrace Umbra's sentienceness?

Because I find an auto-bot running around not particular spicy and the AI does not behave to my liking interrupting my gameflow. I still await an answer on how a toogle option would compromise your sessions.

Edited by ShortCat

On 2019-10-11 at 7:27 AM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I said the same thing, but the OP's main gripe is that Excalibur Umbra can't/won't use his exalted blade.

...Really?

I was thinking it was entirely different but alright.

my main is umbra as well but I really don't see the lack of 'exalted blade' as a problem since hes got a good primary anyways

On 2019-10-11 at 11:59 PM, ShortCat said:

I don't know? Maybe better base stats, access to Umbra set, specialization against a certain faction, supperior fashion.

Because I find an auto-bot running around not particular spicy and the AI does not behave to my liking interrupting my gameflow. I still await an answer on how a toogle option would compromise your sessions.

Why would that bother you at all? When you go operator, you have no control of any warframe you use, running around or not. 

2 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Why would that bother you at all? When you go operator, you have no control of any warframe you use, running around or not. 

When I go into Operator mode, none other Frame runs into enemies to get damaged, runs into spy lasers or disables active abilities. In short, there is a difference. Stop fishing for fallacies with staged questions.

Edited by ShortCat

5 hours ago, ShortCat said:

When I go into Operator mode, none other Frame runs into enemies to get damaged, runs into spy lasers or disables active abilities. In short, there is a difference. Stop fishing for fallacies with staged questions.

I use Umbra a lot, even in most spy missions. I haven’t experienced the issues you are talking about. Do you have a weak build? Or do you want o nerf it actually because others use it well? The main difference between Umbra and regular Excal is the autonomous state when you go into operator mode. If you can’t build him right and experience so much issues, just use Excal. Stop asking nerfing.