Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Could Work as a Halloween PvP Mini-Event?

Kontrollo

Now that Nightwave has ended and the next bigger patch is seemingly still a ways off, this would be a good opportunity to make a mini-event in the spirit of Snowday Showdown and Quick Steel.

So here's the basic idea: All Warframes have the same stats, and there is no modding.

For those who weren't around back then: past events already had this, and it's a good way to have everyone on equal grounds. Also, people can hop right in without having to adjust anything.

However, what never really happened in the past was players deciding what to bring against each other. The mode and loadouts were decided by the devs every time. Obviously, everyone should have the same loadouts in the end, but it'd be a good idea to see what the community actually wants to play with.

So to get things started here's one idea for a Halloween PvP mini-event:

• Mode: death match (Annihilation), but without collecting Oro to keep things simple.
  • Loadout:
    • Primary: Miter. It has "Cutface" written in Grineer on it, so no contest.
    • Secondary: Pox, but the projectiles have to be pumpkins!
    • Melee: A Scythe (Hate, I guess) with the Conclave stance built-in, because that's definitely the most spooky weapon.

But! This is really about seeing what other people think could work and be fun.

• Like 5

A Supra that shoots little flashy ghost heads. 

An Embolist that shoots some toxic mist as it ever did. 

The Dual Cleavers... Because they're big butcher knives. 

The weapon atk sounds could be adjusted into some awful scary groaning

I don't propose mine as a better idea but I somewhat find this cool if ever...

7 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Mode: death match (Annihilation)

a K-Drive Deathmatch race... On a Star Node that implements the use of K-Drive (Please not Orb Vallis again)

9 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Loadout:

Would love them to feature new secondary or thrown melee weapons exclusive to this event...

... starting thread is cool btw...

• Like 3

It's De..so it'll be this PVP match where both teams run in and try to kill a  giant Juggernaut with a pumpkin head while standing on barrels trying to get it to set itself on fire...They'll die a lot and have to restart and find a group who knows what they are doing and kill the Juggernaut and then run to extraction...Sadly no Conclave standing will be rewarded..

4 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

I think I worded the OP clearly enough

You did, some people just like to rub salt in the wound. I'd say just ignore them, feeding the trolls and all.

On topic, I think I'd like something stealth-based. Maybe where one team has to steal an objective and bring it back to their base, but the only get one life and no weapons. The other team is armed with standard, loud weapons (braton and lex or something) and have to stop the attacking team. Make the map dark with a lot of fog and plenty of ambient distraction noises. Teams swap at the end of the round, first to x amount (probably 3) wins

• Like 1

Maybe a fight to see which team hits/destroys more pumpkin heads scattered in map ? maybe a dark map with glowing pumpkins ? 
Or just a lot enemies with pumpkin heads
But the most important part would be that it would work just like the summer event, which means...
- A specific weapon would be handled for the event when entering the match - Horror movies love shotguns, maybe one of them?
- Very few mods, if any, would affect the match
- No powers/abilities
- Players and bots

on the case of not being able to find a match against players you, or your team, would enter a fight against bots.
Then like the conclave, as more players are searching for a match, other players would enter thus taking the bot spots in either team.

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel
  • Like 3

Everyone is a Wisp.

No weapons, just everyone running around like ghosts.

The only usable ability is Wisp's 4 and you need to grab energy to use it, you then need to fire it at other Wisps to kill them, but if two Wisp lasers cross both Wisps are instantly killed.

• Like 2

You mentioned the previous events being 'balanced' when most any objective person could see they were anything but balanced and it was only an event that benefited the few that did play conclave regularly because they had a HUGE advantage with the movement side of things.

So I'm in the camp that does not want another pvp event full stop (and yes this is a valid opinion even if you try to make out it isn't), conclave has far too many issues.... besides DE have already said about the halloween event for this year, it's supposed to be based around the emisary 'boss' fight, or they'll just end up with the same as usual in the pumpkin juggernaut.

22 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Also more pressured than being forced to play a specific mission over and over and over again for a rare 1.0% drop
not even close

There's a significant difference between grinding missions against NPCs, and dealing with the frustration of getting your face caved in by people who bunnyhop in a game mode where weapons tend to kill you in a couple hits before you have a chance to react.

10 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

There's a significant difference between grinding missions against NPCs, and dealing with the frustration of getting your face caved in by people who bunnyhop in a game mode where weapons tend to kill you in a couple hits before you have a chance to react.

Lot of people feel forced to do the nightwaves, and for a good reason as many things there you can't get anywhere else.
But usually event prizes always come back, either as part of a prize pool in the following year or something like that.
I mean it's an EVENT, its not something forced. 
Would not be that hard to make the summer event work like the conclave.  Where players take the spot of the bots.
And also like the summer event, make things extremely limited, so basically  mods wont affect a thing and there would be only 1 weapon.

This isn't exactly a debate about balancing PVP or how good PVP is, its about an EVENT, or ideas for such

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

I mean it's an EVENT, its not something forced. 
Would not be that hard to make the summer event work like the conclave.  Where players take the spot of the bots. And also like the summer event, make things extremely limited, so basically  mods wont affect a thing and there would be only 1 weapon.

This isn't exactly a debate about balancing PVP or how good PVP is, its about an EVENT, or ideas for such

It is forced if one want to receive the event loot and if one want a PVP event to work one needs to figure out a way of balancing PVP in warframe. Now without actual figures I can't say how large the PVP positive community is as a subset of the warframe community but does seem to be smaller than the anti PVP portion, an event that requires you to play PVP without another way of getting the same reward will be controversial.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

It is forced if one want to receive the event loot and if one want a PVP event to work one needs to figure out a way of balancing PVP in warframe. Now without actual figures I can't say how large the PVP positive community is as a subset of the warframe community but does seem to be smaller than the anti PVP portion, an event that requires you to play PVP without another way of getting the same reward will be controversial.  

Lot of people feel forced to do the nightwaves and for a good reason as many things there you can't get anywhere else.
But usually event prizes always come back, either as part of a prize pool in the following year or something like that.

Did you not think the Summer Event limitations are a good way of doing it?
and again it's a thread for ideas, stopping by to say PVP is bad, is not exactly helping in anything

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel
  • Like 4

Just now, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Lot of people feel forced to do the nightwaves and for a good reason as many things there you can't get anywhere else.

Nightwave use relatively usual tasks that crop up during game play and each season is getting less necessary to follow week in week out religiously. A PVP event would potentially exclude a large portion of the community from engaging in the festivities. Quiet frankly it isn't going to happen unless PVP becomes a regular part of warframe, which seems unlikely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

Nightwave use relatively usual tasks that crop up during game play and each season is getting less necessary to follow week in week out religiously. A PVP event would potentially exclude a large portion of the community from engaging in the festivities. Quiet frankly it isn't going to happen unless PVP becomes a regular part of warframe, which seems unlikely.

again, you aren't giving ANY idea for a thread ASKING for ideas, be constructive at least

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

4 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

I took part in the last pvp event and I usually stay away from that. It's just a bit sad that there haven't been any special pvp events recently

• Like 3

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

again, you aren't giving ANY idea for thread ASKING for ideas, be constructive at least

The idea wouldn't work. PVP isn't a part of regular game play. If you want this sort of event that needs to be fixed. It's unreasonable to expect a pvp halloween event this year. I'm sorry if you didn't understand what I was saying. What do you want ideas on? Halloween events in general? PVP in warframe? 

• Like 1

Lex Variant (instagib with a slower lex) perhaps Limbo's passive could be part of the kit too, but i see that making the match a bit too complex without a better way to tell if he's in the rift or not and how easily it is to move between planes.

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You mentioned the previous events being 'balanced' when most any objective person could see they were anything but balanced

Objectively speaking these were balanced since everyone had exactly the same tools: warframe's EHP was normalized, their powers and passives disabled, no mods were working, and everyone had exactly the same set of weapons. 

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

it was only an event that benefited the few that did play conclave regularly because they had a HUGE advantage with the movement side of things.

That's called skill gap and has nothing to do with balance. It probably wouldn't have been as big as it can get to be if PvE required some mechanical progression to be beaten instead of needing nothing but stuff with bigger numbers to beat harder content.

27 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

It is forced if one want to receive the event loot

That's a huge "IF" you got there since the condition is completely on yourself.

29 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

if one want a PVP event to work one needs to figure out a way of balancing PVP in warframe

OP is asking for ideas to what would people like to see as a balanced mode where everyone is fighting each other on an even ground, we used to have this kind of thing back then in modes where frames had the same EHP and no passives or powers (you could use whatever your favorite Fashionframe was without worrying about the frame's performance) and a preset loadout that changed depending of the event.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

I took part in the last pvp event and I usually stay away from that. It's just a bit sad that there haven't been any special pvp events recently

Yeah, these offered a neat change of pace to the game, offered something to do for a couple of days and also gave a standing boost to people seeking the conclave rewards since pvp was also getting an increase in population.

1 minute ago, Stormdragon said:

Yeah, these offered a neat change of pace to the game, offered something to do for a couple of days and also gave a standing boost to people seeking the conclave rewards since pvp was also getting an increase in population.

Honestly, if I had more time on my hands, I might try pvp a little more

• Like 1