Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think The Old Blood might be earlier than I anticipated

Bryuf

21 minutes ago, 40PE said:

And I think it will be half as much content as I've expected.

We get a small quest line (or no quest just some narrated mission type), Vauban, ember, melee, weapon exi. Slot and that's it.

I'll be happy to get it don't get me wrong, but they said we get some pretty big mission design update with dojo update, ships and space combat. This part will be missing now for sure with the additional tilesets too.

However most of the devs feel that earlier szstem/feature fixes are new features, where as they kind of aren't...? They fixing the system but these are not new features really.

It's already been confirmed that the update contains: Kuva liches (incl. their weapons), the parazon (+requiem relic system), Grendel, melee rework, Ember/Booben rework and the pexilus slot. No quest, but likely some lore relating to Grendel through the leverian

On 2019-10-26 at 10:15 PM, Bryuf said:

But now I see that the Warframe twitter has been releasing tidbits about the update every 3 hours, 3 times (The latest being just some 10 min ago),

Which tidbits? Are you referring to those little clips of the stream that was on Thursday?

1 minute ago, Endrogue said:

Which tidbits? Are you referring to those little clips of the stream that was on Thursday?

Yeah, something similar to the written overview Rebecca made as a recap of the primetime. So no, it's nothing new, but it still seems they're bringing a lot of attention to the update all of a sudden

1 minute ago, Bryuf said:

Yeah, something similar to the written overview Rebecca made as a recap of the primetime. So no, it's nothing new, but it still seems they're bringing a lot of attention to the update all of a sudden

It's not impossible that they're trying to bring the update to light, but i wouldn't hold your breath. It could just be that they are giving us footage and info to keep us entertained while they get it ready.

I think that they announced that the update wasn't coming that week on Wednesday but figured they had to give us something, so they made the primetime stream about the update to show it off a bit more and the tweets are to bring the highlights to more people who didn't watch the stream.

I do suspect the update will drop this week, that they're just getting ride of the bugs and getting it into a playable state. Your Monday-Tuesday prediction sounds likely but we really wont have conformation until the day it drops.

Just farm arbitration or play The Outer worlds till The Old Blood drops.

On 2019-10-26 at 1:18 PM, Skaleek said:

I think it'll be thursday, maybe friday.

I think it will be delayed again.  Maybe by Thanksgiving.  Then they can focus on Empyrean by Valentines, and try to have New War finished around next August.  We'll see the Duviri Paradox sometime in 2022.  Then they can get around to finishing some of the other systems they've added.  Archwing revamp (the "It doesn't completely suck now!" update) in 2023, adding the third Orb Mother, and updating the stories of Stalker and Hunhow in 2024 and 2025.  😞

I like this game, but the devs don't really have a good track record for getting things done quickly right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I think it will be delayed again.  Maybe by Thanksgiving.  Then they can focus on Empyrean by Valentines, and try to have New War finished around next August.  We'll see the Duviri Paradox sometime in 2022.  Then they can get around to finishing some of the other systems they've added.  Archwing revamp (the "It doesn't completely suck now!" update) in 2023, adding the third Orb Mother, and updating the stories of Stalker and Hunhow in 2024 and 2025.  😞

I like this game, but the devs don't really have a good track record for getting things done quickly right now.

Canadians celebrate thanksgiving in October. Empyrean will be sometime November as all the things they've announced at tennocon historically have come out between October and November. It's highly likely were going to be dealing with delays of a few days that we don't know about rather than months. The reason it seems like the Devs are bad at releasing things "on time" is they use highly ambiguous time framing rather than hard deadlines for instance fall 2019 covers a four month window and it's easy to mentally tie yourself to a day inside the four months you want it to release. 

11 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

Canadians celebrate thanksgiving in October. Empyrean will be sometime November as all the things they've announced at tennocon historically have come out between October and November. It's highly likely were going to be dealing with delays of a few days that we don't know about rather than months. The reason it seems like the Devs are bad at releasing things "on time" is they use highly ambiguous time framing rather than hard deadlines for instance fall 2019 covers a four month window and it's easy to mentally tie yourself to a day inside the four months you want it to release. 

I meant that they might have it done by American Thanksgiving, which comes at the very end of November.  If they get any of their announced content out before next March I'll be surprised.  At this point I assume they do a reverse Mr Scott, and any rough estimate they give for a time frame ("we want to release New War in six months before the end of the year") should be multiplied by a factor of four.  So, they'll take up to two years from the most recent Tennocon before releasing any of it.

3 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I meant that they might have it done by American Thanksgiving, which comes at the very end of November.  If they get any of their announced content out before next March I'll be surprised.  At this point I assume they do a reverse Mr Scott, and any rough estimate they give for a time frame ("we want to release New War in six months before the end of the year") should be multiplied by a factor of four.  So, they'll take up to two years from the most recent Tennocon before releasing any of it.

Why do you assume that? If we're talking about emyrean sure the end of November is reasonable but old blood won't take that long.

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, they just changed the Facebook and Twitter profile and header images. It's getting closer.

Hm Wednesday drop maybe...

Of course that doesn't help me at all, the Switch version will be lucky to be updated by Christmas T_T.

25 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, they just changed the Facebook and Twitter profile and header images. It's getting closer.

I would assume today. There's no positives to changing the twitter profile before the day of the patch. All you do is get peoples' hopes up and then disappoint them. That's why it's held until patch day.

48 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Almost never on Friday since they need time to fix stuff after a release, so tomorrow or after-tomorrow, today is too close

I mean, it's still only 15:18 in Canada, so, they still have a few hours if they want to do it today. Usually they do it late in the day anyway (past midnight my time always, and it's still 3 hours to midnight here). So it could be today. But my guess is still tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I mean, it's still only 15:18 in Canada, so, they still have a few hours if they want to do it today. Usually they do it late in the day anyway (past midnight my time always, and it's still 3 hours to midnight here). So it could be today. But my guess is still tomorrow.

What I mean is, they won't say: "we'll release the update this week" just to release it a few hours later

• Like 1