Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Melee Phase 2: TECHNIQUES Feedback

[DE]Danielle

General:

- switching between quick and toggle melee mode (hold "switch weapon") is fine but still inconvinient since you have to redo it every time you are switching your weapon for a second. There should be an "prefered mode" option or something you can choose in controls. Was only an issue because I were using moud wheel for switching weapons

- visual channel effect (glowing) on warframes doesn´t work anymore (even with the stated 2x combo multiplier). Could be an option as well or when you toggle melee mode (or both).

- Heat dagger got heat damage but heat sword/dual sword didn´t

- enemies affected by lifted status look more like baloons (was expecting something more in line with rhinos stomp slowmo effect)

- Parazon mercy kill animation doesn´t work sometime ( most noticable when using fast movement skills like slide attacks into the target and spamming "use" button)

- Parazon mercy kill should be more present outside of kuva lich farming. Enemeis die too fast to react to the icon appearing over there head. Should be either a % chance on already defeated enemies as a way to proc the mercy effects or always possible (for example: at the cost of 2 combo against any enemy with less than 30% health)

Polearm (shimmering blight stance):

- standard combo drags the camera to the right in a weird way on the last hit (options: align attacks to camera = on, camera tracks melee targets = off). Not sure how to describe it better but it feels strange.

- alternative combo "forward + block + attack" should be reduced to "block + attack" since there are only 2 different combos (additional forward imput doesn´t make sense)

- no spartan jump attack anymore. New version does look like a sweep attack pls bring back the old one.

- "forward + block + attack" combo misses targets a lot of the time after lifting them up

- not sure whether it´s specific to this type of weapon/stance but lifting enemies up with the combo doesn´t increase there distance from the ground while there in the lifted state caused by a heavy ground attack. Instead they keep falling to the ground slowly

- new standard combo feels like a step back because it like the old quick melee (running and attacking at the same time)

- hold primary attack doesn´t do anything which feels odd.

Could have a situational effects:

close to the target: finisher attack

far away from the target: leap to the targed

airborne target: jump to the target (make yourself airborne as well)

Edited by Arcira

I can't stand the moves that require blocking.  For whatever reason I can't get the manual melee block to work.  Whenever I try it swaps to my gun and scopes in.  I got it work for one mission, and now whenver I try it scopes in.  Is there some secret I'm missing here?

• Like 1

A lot of people are unsatisfied with the current zenistar, the weapon in it's current state is no longer fun for most people and not meta enough for the rest.

My solution to this problem is the following:

1. Bring the base duration back to 45 seconds but allow the duration to increase with combo counter by 5 seconds per counter. (this means at a 10x counter you 50 extra seconds)
  2. Give the disc it's own range base, which benefits from mods just like the weapon, ideally having the range with all mods slotted to be comparable to before the patch.
  3. Optionally add a range increase on combo counter, something like 0.1 per counter, at 10x you get an extra meter, this along with this first example would give melee only users at 10x combo: 95 seconds duration with +1 extra range
  4. Bring the disc throw distance back down, I don't know why this was increased but it seems pointless, and makes aiming at specific spots very hard.

I really do believe this will not only make the weapon fun again for everyone but also inspire people to give it a try with the new melee system.

I think my biggest problem with the stance changes is how awkward a lot of them feel, now. I was expecting fluid gameplay where I can chain different moves together, but instead I'm stuck in animations without much variety. In addition to that, heavy attacks break the flow of combat entirely, not only do they interrupt combat by being very slow and underwhelming, they drain your combo counter which many mods rely on. 

I don't think the heavy attack should drain your entire combo counter by default, to give it an incentive it should only use a certain amount of combo counter, perhaps with combo counter efficiency being nerfed to compensate. So, disregarding how bad it feels to use, it at least won't conflict with a large part of melee modding. 

A lot of stances just feel very bad to use now. For example, I was using Hysteria, the second heavy attack in the combo goes through enemies and is generally completely useless. The forward combo also feels very poor to use. Being claws, they are still very short ranged, and the only difference between the forward combo and the neutral combo that I can see, is that the forward combo allows walking. For the most part, the neutral combo is just better to use once you get into range. If the forward combo had some mobility attached to it, I think it would be far better. Overall the stance just feels worse. 

I really don't know how to address the lack of fluidity overall. It just doesn't feel like different combos can be chained together, the combos are trying to be far too unique with long, drawn out animations rather than being short segments that you could chain together with the different combos. A good comparison I think would be a game like Vermintide, where attacks are split into heavy and light attacks, and you can chain these together in different orders. Or perhaps something similar to Action MMO (Black Desert Online etc) gameplay, where all your different attacks are split into abilities, but they all flow together nicely and combo well. You have a lot of choice in how you chain together your attacks and it feels very good to use. 

Aside from general melee downsides, there's more specific changes. For once, the Zenistar has just been absolutely ruined. Nothing more to say. It didn't deserve losing so much duration unless you're using the weapon, and additionally, recalling the disk drains your combo counter for absolutely no benefit, and prevents you from sending out another disk. 

Edited by Drago55577

Personally, I feel melee is in a much better place place right now than it was before this update, however I still feel it's too much focused on half measures.

We've taken three steps forward but another one back. What i mean is that we started this overhaul with a dedicated ranged mode with quick melee attacks, and dedicated melee mode. Then we had a stitched togeather ranged/melee mode with soft locks. Now we have a stitched togeather ranged/melee mode with soft locks and a dedicated melee mode.

I'd recommend committing to unifying ranged and melee combat In a way that doesn't water them both down.

First I'd recommend animation skipping. Play animations if there isn't any input, but allow the player to interrupt them at any time with an attack, aim, block, etc. to skip to using the weapon they're trying to use.

Second, treat the swap weapon button as a modifier if held down while holding a ranged weapon to force to melee combat. This means the player can hold down swap weapons and immediately be able to start blocking before the game would typically swap to melee.

Finally, keymap and commands. I would make 'fire' always switch to and fire a ranged weapon, with a toggle for players that would rather drop that functionality for melee attacks when a melee weapon is out. Quick attacks should likewise put you in melee mode, so you have offensive means of both getting into melee combat and into ranged combat with full ability to control the flow between melee and ranged while not watering them down, and also allowing fluid transition between them.

Dex Dakra has a 16% base critical chance but always crits, even with no mods and no stance equipped.  Pure yellow numbers 100% of the time.  Makes it a pretty amazing weapon and feels great--too bad its a bug.  Wish more weapons felt as good as this one does.

On 2019-11-03 at 12:40 AM, Milliuna said:
The Orvius is beyond nonfunctional currently. As of Meele Phase 2, nothing about the Orvius works well. The Orvius was always pretty temperamental about whether or not it would suspend an enemy, maybe only working one in two throws - that success rate has now dropped to one in five throws. Additionally, the only way to activate the Orvius' suspend mechanic is to now switch to melee mode, and hold Alternate Fire + Aim while throwing. This means the Orvius' most unique feature is entirely relegated to the melee switch mode. Here's the thing - while you've thrown the Orvius and it's suspending someone, you have nothing in your hands for the whole duration. You can't block, melee, shoot or do anything except use your powers. The Orvius' suspend mode does not work while dual wielding a secondary anymore. Previously, the Orvius would always suspend enemies when thrown while dual wielding.

Here's the thing: no-one uses the Orvius to use a glaive. People use the Orvius to have a weapon compliment their secondary weapon for dealing status effects and immobilizing enemies. If I wanted to use a glaive, I would use a Glaive Prime which out performs the Orvius in every way as a thrown glaive. With the nerf of Condition Overload, the Orvius is already particularly bad, and making it so clunky is unwarranted. As it stands now, the Orvius is just a glaive with insultingly low statistics that has absolutely no place or purpose in the game so long as you can't easily use its suspend mechanic while dual wielding. It should, at the very least,  suspend enemies when thrown in dual wield mode.

I urge for this to be reconsidered. Not being able to use the Orvius like we're used to is an absolute shame, and is actively discouraging me playing this update.

i couldnt even be able to get them suspended once. how did you do that?

Please fix the whips.... Now they are very hard to use effectively in any high level mission with grineer units. Plz also fix armour scaling. Bloodrush and specially maiming strike has been nerfed to the ground. They should get a better stat instead

On 2019-11-01 at 10:14 PM, Dapal003 said:

Please allow us re-bind "quick melee attack" and regular "melee attack". I don't want to keep spamming my melee button when I'm in the melee stance as that means I have to take a finger of the four holy keys, WASD. That way we can (if we want to) not have to sacrifice movement over using our weapons. We were able to do this back before melee 2.5, it was such a nice feature to have.

I was waiting too all this time after the first melee changes to can customize my key with quick melee and melee attack. I use so much melee weapons and after switching to full melee by holding F i had right click block as return again now, and melee left click. also in ctrl place to slide/crouch i have C. this melee now smash E all the time is really killing me 😞

Edited by Semblant89

3 hours ago, TychoSelchy said:

1) It looks like you forgot to enable new combos for glaive+pistol combo

2) Astral Twilight kinda sucks due to how much it restricts movement

IMO glaive + pistol came out unscathed because they can't tweak the mechanics too much without basically breaking how it works on the most fundamental level.  It's one of my favorite setups, especially since I can air throw and it still has the (much more intuitive) hold button to throw it.

Sacrificial Steel, Maiming Strike and their corresponding stats on rivens are completely dilluted to the point of uselessness by Bloodrush now that it's additive with them.

That needs to change.

There's a lot of good things about the melee update. The maiming strike change is good, the range change is good, the blocking and combo changes are good. I just cant make myself look past this.

Just lower the percentage further and make it multiply final crit chance again, or something.

All the ruined rivens feels awful. Melee modding becoming more one dimensional instead of added depth feels awful.

Please!

Edited by Senguash

Now that I have played even more with melee I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE glaives way more than I did before. In fact most of the weapons I had before this patch, just felt plain useless, but due to how combos work now is so much more useable! 

I had a low expectation for this rework when I first heard about it because alot of things didn't make sense, and some things still don't make sense to me. (Heavy attack on a separate key, finishers moved to interact)

One annoying thing to me tho, is some of these heavy attack animations are just dooki. I really hate using fist/polearm weapons especially~ I know there will be a phase 3 so I hope by that time someone can make the animations better. Also it would be nice if there were tiers to heavy attacks... Like a uncharged heavy attack and a charged one should probably have different animations and different AOE/Range maybe? I meant they do different damage but look exactly the same, and also effect the same amount of target(s). 

Also the enhanced ground slam is not very useful imo. It would be cooler if u can throw a wave of energy at the ground that floats enemies, then use the regular slam attack to knock em away right after or something. Or maybe instead of knocking anything apply your highest damage type at 100% status chance? Something useful would be nice.

I complained about this in other places but I really wish that we had a choice whether to hold melee or press Secondary for heavy attacks. To me not being able to use my primary fire weapon for my melee attack was annoying enough. Now that I have to press yet another button for a combo multiplier dump is also annoying. Then now I have to press the x button for a finisher? I dont't even know who that was changed for. It took me all day just to even figure that out, I cheesed the Nora quest with Ash's 4th XD.

I'm not here to completely be ungrateful and ranty, but I wish the things you changed made sense. What would really help tho is if keybinds could have modifiers, like most PC games already have. I hope some of these changes are considered in phase 3, I like the direction we are moving in!

12 hours ago, Four_Skulls said:

I can't stand the moves that require blocking.  For whatever reason I can't get the manual melee block to work.  Whenever I try it swaps to my gun and scopes in.  I got it work for one mission, and now whenver I try it scopes in.  Is there some secret I'm missing here?

Yeah there is a secret you are missing actually, melee mode has come back, blocking only works in melee mode and to get to melee mode you need to hold down switch weapon. 

You used to be able to bind a key for melee mode but so far that hasn't come back so we are stuck with the default one.

There are some issue about the new melee。

1.The Redeemer

Now,the fire of the Redeemer is the heavy attack, but the heavy attack will cost the comb,however the comb of the redeemer is so ........

2.Naramon and the Corrupt Charge

Naramon will cost all of the comb provide by the Corrupt Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.True Punishment

It just not available...........

• Like 1

I haven't read through this thread yet, but figured I'd add my input to the pile.

I'm liking the update to combos quite a lot, and the ability to block manually is awesome, though I have a couple concerns:

Equipped Melee

In phase 1, the seamless transition between melee mode and gun mode was amazing. We’re space ninjas, we should be able to switch from whatever weapon to whatever other weapon without breaking flow.

The problem was that in removing the independent melee mode, the controls were compromised. Melee block was gone and replaced with weapon aim, which meant you were prone to accidentally pulling your weapon out while executing combos and you would always pull your weapon out when gliding (which was especially irritating with weapons that zoomed). It felt like a poorly thought out patchwork solution.

Now we have melee block back, but you have to compromise. You either get manual blocking or seamlessness, which is a serious step back. I want to have a button for melee block and be able to quickly pop a nullifier’s bubble between hits without breaking my train of thought or ending up on the wrong gun.

The best solution to this is to add a separate binding for melee block and a toggle for melee block on weapon aim, just like there’s a toggle for melee strike on weapon fire. This would give the player the ability to play however they want.

Remember the Steam Controller!

Phase 1 broke the Steam Controller for something like a month or two because the SCAPI action set switching wasn’t updated in accordance with the new melee system. Nothing so catastrophic happened this time around, but I had to launch the game through the desktop launcher, rebind secondary fire, then launch the game through Big Picture and set my heavy attack button to the bound key rather than an in-game action, because no such in-game action existed in the SCAPI. This problem was exacerbated by the fact that KB/M bindings aren’t available in Big Picture mode, so I had to relaunch the game in desktop mode every time I wanted to just check a key binding.

On top of that, for some time now the controller interface in Big Picture mode has actually blocked out keyboard and mouse input a lot of the time. For instance, you can almost never select something in a menu with the mouse, which is irritating because sometimes it’s just faster to use your mouse (if you have one available). Because of this I usually play the game in desktop mode but have to launch it in Big Picture whenever I want to adjust the controller configuration. It’s a very clunky system.

All I can ask for this is that you pay a little more attention to the SCAPI support. Warframe is one of the few games with good full SCAPI integration, so the little (sometimes huge) hiccups make it feel like nobody’s really paying attention.

Juggling

I’m not one of the people saying this ruins the flow of the game or anything, but it is a little mystifying. I don’t really understand what the point is, and it seems to keep me from using ground finishers. All we need is for heavy slam attacks to ragdoll enemies, if we can do that we’re fine.

In Summary

• Equipped Melee
    • Problem: Seamless melee mode is the way to go, and compromising that for melee blocking doesn't really make sense.
    • Proposal: Give the player a separate melee block binding and a toggle to melee block on weapon aim, so they can always have access to real melee mode.
  • Steam Controller Support
    • Problem: Alternate fire binding is missing from melee mode in-game actions, forcing Steam Controller users to fiddle with keyboard bindings instead. In addition, SCAPI support is prone to hiccups and is extremely clunky in BPM.
    • Proposal: Give the SCAPI integration some TLC more often, especially when you make major changes to the controls.
  • Juggling
    • Opinion: It hasn't really given sufficient justification for its existence, and mostly just causes confusion.

In addition to those two, I’m concerned about the combo counter rework. I’m optimistic, and in the Simulacrum my Venka Prime can shred level 110 Corrupted Bombards without much fuss, but I’m not seeing any red crits and I know scaling is Warframe’s biggest struggle. I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt right now, but we’ll see.

As for the positives, full damage blocking with melee is a godsend and thank you thank you THANK YOU for moving finishers to the use key. This rework so far has made melee feel so much more fluid and intentional. The stationary air combos are awesome, and the heavy attack effects are satisfying and fun. Also, with this phase, more weapons feel more effective in a wider range of scenarios, so introducing more variety into my arsenal (or using my favorite weapons more often) is a lot easier.

Thank you for the great work!

Edited by Dash_Lambda
Formatting ONE LAST TIME.

On 2019-11-02 at 1:57 AM, DoomFruit said:

Put it back on melee by default? Absolutely not. I've hated being forced to do finishers for more than 6 years now. If I find a patrol of (relatively) low level enemies and charge at them from behind, I expect to cut them all down in one swing from my range-modded weapon. I do not want to get locked in to some stupid dance with one single enemy.

Give us an option to do so, yeah, but definitely don't force finishers to be on the melee key. This change is one of exactly 3 beneficial outcomes of the entire update (the others being that polearms can finally move freely while attacking and that we finally don't get the simaris scanner kicked out of our hands after meleeing).

See, what you are trying to do is exactly what this update was largely meant to counter.  Flailing of range-modded melee weapons erasing the map.  But DE took the middle route and tried to cater to both sides to avoid angering people who wanted to keep using the old abusive strategies and now no one is pleased.

However, I don't expect DE to actually risk generating the ire from the substantial portion of the playerbase that wants melee spam to be a catch-all universal key solution to every "challenge" the game poses.  That's why I suggest the option to bind them (at our own discretion) to the same thing as a compromise, as you observe and supported.  I still think doing so is the no-backbone "easy way out" for DE that leaves new players hanging out to dry, though.  New players DESERVE an intuitive melee system that teaches you how to do finishers by allowing you to discover them when you do them by accident - not requiring people to know in advance exactly what conditions trigger finishers, what key to press to do so, and then to execute the finishers.

Moreover, if I want to play a warframe like Valkyr or Gara, I want fluid gameplay that doesn't break as I switch from mowing down hordes with quick melees to staggering a Heavy Gunner or blinding an unlucky target and performing a finisher.  Having to switch keys makes the combat choppy and unsatisfying and I've been feeling the shift sense launch.  It also just leaves you wide open if the finisher doesn't execute.  People will be less likely to discover the fun of playing warframes like these if they have to rebind their keys just to create these experiences.  Moving melee and finishers to separate keys by default - even if the option to make them the same exists (which it still doesn't right now) - closes so many doors for new players rather than leaving them open.  I'd much rather the melee system disappoint people using range cheese for maximum clearing efficiency rather than new players trying to find fun warframes and mechanics for the first time if someone has to be disappointed, and someone is going to be.

That is why I am still opposed to your stance despite hearing it (and having been aware of it from before), and must still insist the optimal solution is a reversion to Melee key for finishers by default.  If DE is concerned enough about the part of the playerbase you represent, though, the option for combining the keybindings needs to exist for those of us that do not play the way you do.  To be honest, though, I am surprised your comment is the first to contradict mine, whereas a few others have shown support for me.  I expected universal disapproval for my opinion because I thought the range-cheese meta was more popular and that those people would see my comment while coming to the thread to respond about the clunky stances that would be unappealing to them.  We'll just have to see what DE thinks of all this, however.

• Like 1

Alright so far the new combos feel nice, and I like that making the inputs the same all across the board make it much easier to learn and execute the combos, so thanks for that.

That being said, the lifted status looks cool, but the fact that they move around you when you hit them is kind of frustrating because you have to chase after them, or sometimes they seem to just blast off in the direction you're hitting them. If they still kept their floaty ragdolls but stayed in place, that would be much better.(PS any chance Rhino's stomp can also apply the lifted status?)

One other thing, is there any consideration to increasing the combo counter or make it scale a little higher? Because right now it's pretty easy to max it out, which is okay, but I'd like to see how much damage you can get from a heavy attack when you reach a higher combo counter (Even at 12x heavy attacks feel underwhelming against even moderate-level enemies and above)

35 minutes ago, Maganar said:

See, what you are trying to do is exactly what this update was largely meant to counter.  Flailing of range-modded melee weapons erasing the map.  But DE took the middle route and tried to cater to both sides to avoid angering people who wanted to keep using the old abusive strategies and now no one is pleased.

The way that melee weapons are now, L30 Grineer (at least) get splattered with a single ordinary swing of my Orthos Prime. If they die in one normal hit, why should I be forced into some stupid dance just because they're unaware of me? In fact, if they die in 5 hits, it's still faster to just swing normally at them rather than go into some annoying cutscene. If they take even more punishment, I still do not want to do finishers because I'm standing there motionless while all the other enemies are crowding around me ready to open fire.

It all comes back to control, player choice and movement. If you stop moving at high levels, you die. If you get locked into some long animation, you stop moving. I do not normally want to stop moving around, but if I do, it is because I explicitly stop pushing movement buttons. Not because the game arbitrarily decides "oh, you should be glued to the floor" right now.

man.

i dont want to say this, but the new melee is just absolutely horrendous. it feels as though its artificially annoying, and counter-intuitive...on purpose. as though de sat there and intentionally decided to make melee as ponderous, unresponsive, and un-fun as they could. nothing works as you would expect.

i was away last week so im only going by 1 day of playing with the new system, but i can tell you now. i WILL NOT get used to it...and its so bad i feel like i just dont even want to play any more. ok...lets go on to a few of my specific issues:

1. added button mashing for heavy attacks. so...i have a mouse with 7 mapable buttons (not a crazy amount...but more than most) all of which are being used for things....i also have all keys i can reasonably reach with my left hand already mapped...but now i need to find a NEW key to use AND remember that everything that naturally feels like a long press should do it...is on that OTHER key. this is counter intuitive, there is no reason to split melee attacks up over multiple keys. a "heavy" attack isnt normally a DIFFERENT attack....its a slower more POWERFUL attack that naturally feels like it should be a HELD button press and not an entirely different key. its very counter-intuitive. as a person who knows a bit about actual real melee combat, heavy attacks are naturally a matter of power and TIMING and not a matter of a new attack type, which was already appropriately handled by the melee key hold system.

i understand that something had to be done about the channeling system...it was also cumbersome and mostly pointless....i never used it once, but this? this is not the answer.

2. finishers on the interact button??? seriously? so now were adding a THIRD button to melee fighting??? why? finishers should be what they were...AUTOMATIC upon meeting specific criteria. inaros desiccation is 100% broken and useless now. the entire point of that ability is to blind a large group of enemies and then mow them down with finishers. i have no issue with stealth kills on a separate key as those are in fact different attacks that you have to choose to execute, but finishers? no way, a finisher should be what it was...a special power move you are automatically awarded by creating a specific condition.

3. gun blades (well...redeemer) are (is) broken. thats all there is to that. we all know it. what a complete mess. it just doesnt do what you think it should do. no amount of playing is going to fix that. everything just *feels* all wrong.

again, this is my initial reaction. i get that with a new system like this some kinks need to be ironed out, but these are not kinks...these are fundamental problems with the design of the system. i commend de for trying to improve game-play and for coming up with new ideas, but...this system needed A LOT of play testing that it obviously it just didnt get. its like if de just decided that the space bar is now for switching weapons and the right control key was for reloading and a double tap on the alt key was for jumping...and you cant remap them....no one would get used to that. we all know from playing games for years....r is reload and space is jump....its a standard thats been ingrained in us over decades (in my case 4 of them) of playing with a mouse and keyboard. this new control system makes the game frustrating and not fun AT ALL. i hate to say that...but its the truth. i kinda dont want to play now, which is awful because ive been enjoying warframe very very much so far....but if de wants to make gameplay artificially confusing and tedious as an alternative to actual difficulty.....i just dont think im down for that.

i really hope they reconsider some of these changes...for all our sake.

• Like 1

THE GAMEPLAY

1.            The Return of Equipped Melee and Manual Blocking!

- Thank you. This was the only aspect that I missed from the previous changes. With how it is now, I think everyone can be happy. When not holding down the switch weapon button, it will function as it did previously i.e. switch to a gun if you aim. When holding the switch weapon button, we get the melee equipped state.

2.            Dodge Cancelling and Tactical Dodging

- A new era of spin to win with Cleaving Whirlwind? 😄 But in all seriousness, this feels really fluid.

THE COMBOS

3.            Stance Changes, Combos and You!

- Combos are quite a bit easier to use now. I imagine this will be embraced by those who had trouble pulling them off previously. For the rest, just taking a little bit of learning to get used to them.

4.            Smoother Combo Transitions

- N/A I don't currently have enough time spent to provide proper feedback on this, so will leave for now and perhaps return later to update.

5.            Combo Counter Rework

- N/A I don't currently have enough time spent to provide proper feedback on this, so will leave for now and perhaps return later to update.

THE TOOLS

6.            Changes to Slam Attacks

7.            Goodbye Channeling, Hello Heavy Attacks and Lifting!

- In regards to this part, for me this has brought about a small issue. As I use the left click to perform melee attacks when melee is equipped, I was thinking of perhaps binding the heavy attack to one of my two side-mouse buttons. The catch here, is that I have the current melee attack bound on one of those two. I thought sure, I can move this somewhere else I guess. So I moved the normal melee attack to Z, so it would be out of the way since we can now go into a melee state again. This is where the issue comes in for me. Z is now also used for the Operator's blast. I think a potentially easy solution to this would be to add another section in Controls that are specific to the Operator. There is a separate Lunaro section, so perhaps a new section for the Operator as well could be nice to have.

8.            Weapon Stats, Mastery Limits and General Melee Changes

9.            Mod Rebalancing / Functionality

10.          Exalted Weapons

11.          The Screens: Arsenal Changes

- I really like the changes made here. Everything is easily accessible and the UI is clean.

THE TECHNICAL BITS

12.          Aim Assist

- Good for some I suppose, but for me this is always turned off in every game where it's possible to do so, so thanks for that option! (flashbacks of aiming at someone in the distance with a sniper, and someone walks in front of them when I'm about to shoot and the bullet sails harmlessly between the two).

I will say this however: melee in Too Human was pretty great for how fluid and easy to use it was. If the system ends up being similar to that one day, I might turn this option back on to give it a...spin... 🙂

13.          Sticky Fingers when Equipping Melee!

- Thanks, greatly appreciated! I also like that it seems to prioritize going from Melee to a Sidearm when aiming down the sights. Definitely a step in the right direction, but now the question remains for what can be done if you don't have a Sidearm equipped and only a Primary and Melee, it will still be dropped when aiming down the sights. Is this something that will eventually be addressed or looked into, or is it the final iteration that we will see for this for the moment?

THE FUTURE

14.          Channelling 2.0 AKA “Rage Mode” and Future Plans! 

- Looking forward to seeing this in action! Wondering if it will be similar to the Fury/Awakening forms that were present in Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce 🤔

• Like 1