Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

Reward is now every 2 Defector squads instead of every 4 squads

Now that Defection mission is fixed, can you continue on to fix Disruption mission? Because 1 round consist of 4 conduits, not 1. So having to complete 2 round for 1 reward means doing 8 conduits which is now the only long Arbitration mission as compared to others. 

it was time to bring Catchmoon weapons to a more reasonable power level

I think it should really be meant "it was time to bring other secondary weapons to a more reasonable power level".

funny, didnt they add recoil, accuracy and projectile speed? last i check, all 3 end up adding to dps, specially the last one, which can make some weapons do 30% more damage due to fall off. now dont get me wrong, i really like that those mods are exilus. i just disagree that reload would, in practice, add more dps than PS for example. on the other hand, what they do is gather dust from not being used...

14 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

DE, this is a mistake being in Zenurik after this rework.

This is effectively, in practice, a buff for Zenurik by making Inner Might affect combo efficiency, meaning, it drains less of your combo counter when doing heavy attacks. This can potentially outdamage Naramon in melee all else being equal considering the focus in heavy attacks the new system has.

I made a thread about this last Friday, but it didn't get any traction.

Someone else also made another thread about the same topic this Monday. Didn't get much traction either.

I believe Naramon's Affinity Spike should be reworked to include the reworked Zenurik Inner Might while Zenurik gets something else.

Naramon is the melee school. Therefore, it should exceed in all forms of melee at all times with no competition. The reworked Zenurik Inner Might has no place being in Zenurik considering how powerful Zenurik already is and how this would further eat into Naramon's melee niche.

Zenurik currently has too many advantages. Giving it melee heavy attack efficiency on top of that when the new system was designed around capitalizing on heavy attacks would push it towards "So good that there's really no other choice".

Just imagine the loop between Zenurik and a Zaw with the reworked Inner Might (Combo efficiency means frequent heavy attacks) and the reworked Exodia Brave (+5% Energy on heavy melee kill, stacks 3 times, so up to 15% energy generation).

That's on top of Energizing Dash.

It's absurd.

Might as well remove the energy bar and allow free casting when using Zenurik at that point.

Follow-up to this post with more Naramon vs. Zenurik melee feedback.

I'll be moving to Zenurik now; Naramon is effectively dead.

When considering that Blood Rush now only scales based on base crit rather than total crit,  the speed in which you reach the combo counter cap (12x / 222 hits), the entire counter being lost in a single heavy attack unless you have efficiency, and the combo damage multiplier only applying to heavy attacks means that there is no real advantage for sustaining a long combo now.

Naramon would need to have a higher combo counter cap (20x), or Blood Rush would need to be revised so it scales based on total crit instead of base crit, or like Condition Overload it should get a higher base scaling value to compensate the scaling value that was lost so it can at least reach the equivalent of Tier 3 red crits. This change in how Blood Rush works also hurts rivens you have rolled for crit chance so it would give you enough total crit as to reach the next crit damage tier.

Overall I like the changes to the melee system. I am loving my Nikanas now that they are actually hitting things from a distance, and will try scythes next. But Naramon is useless now.

So... Here's the Kuva Lich System in a nutshell: 

- Initiate your Target by killing one of his minions *Generates a random kuva lich with a weapon that probably wasn't what you're looking for*  (RNG1)

- Farm tons and TONS of kuva siphons/floods in HOPING to get a requiem relic (which is bugged as hell right now)  (RNG2)

- Farm void traces  to increase the chance of getting the mod you're looking for, then crack those stupid relics (RNG 3) 

- Farm the infected nodes in hoping to get those stupid minions to figure out the mods required for the Kuva lich (RNG4) 

- Finally get to the interesting part and try to fight the kuva lich only to find out you haven't figured out the correct order for the mods... (RNG5) 

Sorry but this system is a huge pain in the butt to grind for, just to get another useless weapon to throw in the trash for my old ones. Whoever designed this clearly has no idea what having fun while grinding means. Welp, be back in a few months... 

• Like 1

I just want to say that this is a great addition DE! I love my kuva lich and how he is so like me, in game and outside the game, he is really myself but twisted. I was not expecting that for sure! And i Love it so damn much! Thanks for this, really.

Also, the grendel missions were so much fun, it reminds me of the old days, and the feelings, like the rush in my (old) blood came back! 

Again, thank you very much DE! ;)

Is anyone able to aim down sight with primary or secondary using an xbox one controller? After this update for me at least the controller is basically unusable on how messed up the scheme is.
I tried a reset to default and also loading the game via DE launcher or Steam but same issue.

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Heat Sword

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 3

Damage increased from 35 to 147    

Range increased from 1 to 2.5

Status Chance increased from 10% to 20%

I'm pretty sure the Heat Sword always had 20% Status Chance. Also its old Base Damage is 44, not 35. So, are these the actual new stats for this weapon? Is damage increase the only change it got?

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Dual Heat Swords

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 3

Damage increased from 35 to 147    

Range increased from 1 to 2.5

Status Chance increased from 10% to 20%

Same for the Dual Heat Sword, the base damage was 45.

Not sure if there are any more weapons with these errors, but could someone please clarify if these are their actual stats changes?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

maybe if you paid attention to the opening cutscene you got after logging in, and paid attention to those transmissions? they arent "larva", they use a model very similar to the wolf of saturn six' minions, when i got on i went to telesto and first try i got one to spawn, got a transmission with a kuva guard talking to a grunt saying how they were chosen, got a waypoint to the enemy, killed it and got my litch

im not trying to sound like an 4sshole, but based on everything i read in your comment everything points to not paying attention

I saw the cutscene. Some Grineer is led in front of the queen then dies in ecstasy. If that's a metaphor for something about the new game mechanic, I missed it. Thanks for explaining it though!
Just because something's not bugged for you, doesn't mean it's not bugged for someone else. Why even post if all you wanted to do was hype your own self up by talking down to someone else. And then offer a fake apology for it too. smfh

Oh, and Here is the information that I read (that you didn't which is ironic considering you accusing me of being lazy) which is strangely enough, in the first post of this thread that you're in. So you didn't even read the thread.
DE Megan said:

Killing A KUVA LARVLING is the first step to creating a Lich. These can be found on any regular level 20+ Grineer mission in the Origin System - not including Sorties/Fissure/Quests/Special Regions, etc. for now. They are only available for players who have reached The War Within or beyond, this is the required prerequisite for getting a Lich.

Edited by UrKungFuNoGood
added information

there might be some nice stuff in this update,

but you fukced up my love for the game by killing the range of polearms (only 3m) and at the same time killing the guaranteed crits with sliding

and to top it all, after every melee attack I lose my sprint toggle? wtf

tl;dr: worst update since I started a couple of years ago

• Like 1

This is just feedback for Grendel.

First problem I'm having with him is his 1, default range of it is 25m I got mine set to 56.88m but doesn't do that, It feels more like 2m not 25m or 56.88. His 2 is really frustrating,instead casting them 1 by 1 just cast all the buffs at once, but making the catch, you need 3 max of any enemies to cast it., But you cant have 1 or 2 you must have 3. His 3 ugh remove it, its just there to be an ability filler it just does nothing but that. His 4, the only thing I hate about it is, it has a range A-B, when it should be 1 solid range instead of between A-B. Because, you sometimes have the littlest time and 1 jump you get kicked from the form. 

il y a une heure, Keyhound a dit :

funny, didnt they add recoil, accuracy and projectile speed? last i check, all 3 end up adding to dps, specially the last one, which can make some weapons do 30% more damage due to fall off. now dont get me wrong, i really like that those mods are exilus. i just disagree that reload would, in practice, add more dps than PS for example. on the other hand, what they do is gather dust from not being used...

All of these technically increase your dps in practice, like recoil and accuracy helping you landing your shots.

This is not something you can use to calculate a weapon's dps. I guess that damage fall off has more impact on cheer numbers, but as you stated, there's only a minority of weapons that benefit from that.

Imo, regardless of DE's reasoning, i think reload speed would outshine all over mods in the exilus slot.

2 minutes ago, Apocryphos13 said:

All of these technically increase your dps in practice, like recoil and accuracy helping you landing your shots.

This is not something you can use to calculate a weapon's dps. I guess that damage fall off has more impact on cheer numbers, but as you stated, there's only a minority of weapons that benefit from that.

Imo, regardless of DE's reasoning, i think reload speed would outshine all over mods in the exilus slot.

dunno if outshine is the right word, the default choice for weapons that dont gain anything from anything else, would be better. reload speed is QoL improvement, almost nobody uses them because, they just arent usefull enough to be worth a modslot. for most weapons, reload is one of those things we have to "deal with", but i almost never see someone advising using them, meanwhile ammo mutation, range(for certain beam weapons), travel speed and even recoil have. so i dont think it will be the "main choice", but people will feel like its worth equiping if they get the chance.

Melee feedback:

Blood Rush and Condition Overload should be revisited. With present calculation method, BR makes all the crit mods (rivens included) absolutely useless. As for CO, it replaces damage mods like Pressure Point (they give very little with additive system) 

this is big nerf for those who like long endurance runs.... melee combo counter with CO and something like BR was the most efficient way to kill stuff fast... rip 2 hr arbitrations.... rip 2 hr MOT.... rip 2hr kuva survi.... and lets talk about zenistar.... WHAT THE ACTUAL FCK!!???? now this weapon, that is supposed to be one of the best weapons in game, u made it absolute garbage.... 

Okay, so did some more extensive experimentation and I have to say, I never imagined it would be THIS bad. Like holy Jesus H. Christ and mother Mary too. I don't know what to say. The fun gameplay loop is gone. I can't play this game, it's not fun anymore.

Galatine prime cleaving whirlwind build? Better to use, cause moving forward and attacking makes you spin, which is good. No blood rush = damage kind of bad EVEN WITH FOKKIN 400% dmg SPIN. Yo, what the #*!%. 

Obviously, my Kesheg with +300% crit on spin attacks (riven + maiming strike) literally does nothing. Couldn't kill normal enemies, and I was faster pushing lvl 135 heavy gunners (in simulacrum) off the map with my spin attacks than doing damage. But spin2win nerf was expected, though i thought the devs were smarter than just deleting it from the game.

My niche fatal teleport build with balla dagger, covert lethality and riven? Dead, since covert lethality is butchered.

My Sarpa condition overload and redeemer prime crit builds? Dead, both due to damage nerf and the horrible handling. Im not masochistic. Running and slashing instead of shooting didn't sound like a big deal, but it makes the weapon unusable, except perhaps for masochists.

The only melee weapons I had some success with right now are daggers. My Balla dagger with condion overload build + riven + primed fury + gladiator vice still melts things. Just like before.

Also, chromatic blade excalibur still works decent.

Destreza prime felt still good, and I would guess other quick weapons should still be good, because they benefit the most from base damage increase. Basically heavy weapons and polearms dead, daggers/rapiers/other similar fast weapons without covert lethality only viable melee option. Crit mods made mostly useless for melee, outside a few nicge scenarios. Only polearm I could make work was plague kripath with condition overload and high attack speed. Notice a trend here? Tbe only way to play melee now is to build status, condition overload and attack speed. Literally with any weapon. LITERALLY every single other unique build that I know of was killed, and you can only build weapons like this to deal damage to high levels.

Ember plays way better than before, gotta give you that. 

But melee changes are one step forward, twenty miles backwards, gotta say. Holy hell, Im still kind of shocked after trying it out. Makes me not want to play the game, sorry. I know you worked hard, but I can't help it, it's no longer fun, as melee was the most fun part of the game for me.

I'll try to get used to it with my Balla dagger, but without covert lethality it's also worse than before, but maybe the only build that's still sort of fun-enough or ok. Or I'll jave to play Ember and not use melee weapons.

Edited by Scissorsmith
  • Like 1

Zenurik - Inner Might - Has been changed to provide 60% Combo Efficiency, instead of Channeling Efficiency.

Don't know if someone mentioned it already, but in game it states that it grants Heavy attack Efficiency ..

Has anyone tested it out yet? 

Also beside mutation mods it seems quite useless option, I would love to see Reload speed mods added to the list of exilus and all the special mods like Acid Shells and Shattering justice.. 

Is it normal that my Kuva Ogris is leveling to the infinite? , Goes past rank 30 but restart the level 30 all the time?...

Edit : yup it's normal - It's a [Paracesis] Like system =>5 Forma to max rank any Kuva weapon...

Edited by Yemesis

Also, I think either blood rush or gladiator set bonus is bugged. Here's what I tested in simulacrum:

Silva Aegis prime has 25% crit. 

I had rank 12 bloodrush (+50% crit per combo mult.) and 3 gladiator set bonus (+30% per combo mult.). So I should get 80% crit per combo mult. Maxed out my multiplier at 12×. So thay should be 12×80%=960% crit. So 25+25*9.6=about 250% crit is what I should have. So half my attacks should be orange, and half should be red crits. However, I was getting half yellow half orange crits. Something is clearly not right. The differencw is waaay too high.

Edited by Scissorsmith