Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holding the game/progress hostage

Redemption

Question

There needs to be a mechanic inserted that punishes players who ignore their lich in public missions. this happens 33% of the time. These players do not belong in public sessions imo they are ruining the game for others denying the rest of progress. I suggest murmur progress loss or maybe even the current items stolen to be permanently stolen. An incentive to face the lich at least. Right now it absolutely terrible in this concept. Something needs to change

Er whats the problem? Its their lich, their loss.. you ignore it too.. Doesnt hurt you..

AND some people run from their liches because they don't want them to level up. Some people want their liches leveled up, some dont. Its a valid reason. I see no drawback od disadvantage to the team to justify penalizing the action.

• Like 4

Just now, Arkennstar said:

Er whats the problem? Its their lich, their loss.. you ignore it too.. Doesnt hurt you..

AND some people run from their liches because they don't want them to level up. Some people want their liches leveled up, some dont. Its a valid reason. I see no drawback od disadvantage to the team to justify penalizing the action.

it denies my lich spawning... so yes... wasting my time and every else in mission. THOSE people should run solo... either way... face your lich or lose progress imo

Just now, ---Redemption--- said:

it denies my lich spawning... so yes... wasting my time and every else in mission. THOSE people should run solo... either way... face your lich or lose progress imo

It doesnt do that. I've seen as many as three liches spawn simultaneously in the same mission. Its not limited to one. So rest assured, your lich isnt not spawning because of theirs staying.

P.S. - Mission objective isnt halted due to the lich.. if you kill all other enemies in a defense while the lich is still alive, the wave will complete and move on.. or mission will end. There is no obstruction to the mission due to the lich.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arkennstar said:

It doesnt do that. I've seen as many as three liches spawn simultaneously in the same mission. Its not limited to one. So rest assured, your lich isnt not spawning because of theirs staying.

P.S. - Mission objective isnt halted due to the lich.. if you kill all other enemies in a defense while the lich is still alive, the wave will complete and move on.. or mission will end. There is no obstruction to the mission due to the lich.

on my 7th lich i have plenty of exp . NEVER has more than 1 lich appeared at a time UNLESS its converted and helping... so that is invalid unless you can prove otherwise. im saying its holding progress hostage... those that refuse to clear should be forced at least to go solo for x time after that. Public and ignoring liches is extremely annoying. devs need to fix it or make a counterplay to it. its making alot of toxicity in this game right now

Edited by ---Redemption---

7 minutes ago, ---Redemption--- said:

on my 7th lich i have plenty of exp . NEVER has more than 1 lich appeared at a time UNLESS its converted and helping... so that is invalid unless you can prove otherwise. im saying its holding progress hostage... those that refuse to clear should be forced at least to go solo for x time after that. Public and ignoring liches is extremely annoying. devs need to fix it or make a counterplay to it. its making alot of toxicity in this game right now

Dude I literally told you it happened to me. Three liches at once. Why on earth would I lie to some random stranger on the forums lmao :'D

You really wanna hold on to your argument don't you 😛

I have had Liches appear back-to-back before, like as soon as one went away the next got their turn from the Lich line to make us ride the pain train.  I ignore mine because I am simply under-equipped to deal with him (by which I mean I'm still figuring out the murder code and getting the 'please do not come back' cards), and don't feel like getting my back broken for the third time this week.  I'm not going it alone because you got unlucky with Lich spawns and I don't want to get the Bane special this time.

Then stop being selfish and play solo. Thos ewho want to play with others and help lichs want to play the game the way it was intended. Just ignore your lich completely accept stolen items and stay solo for lich missions. You can brute force the code by guessing and either way the cap is level 5 of a lich it doesnt get that much harder. Accept that not attempting is progress hostage for the rest of the squad and extremely trollish imo. Devs need to either enable multiple lich spawns or introduce a mechanic that penalises not attempting at all.

And Arkenstar I call BS in my 7 lichs ive never seen that happen unless as i stated its a friendly lich. They spawn back to back but never at the same time (unless friendly)

1 hour ago, ---Redemption--- said:

And Arkenstar I call BS in my 7 lichs ive never seen that happen unless as i stated its a friendly lich. They spawn back to back but never at the same time (unless friendly)

You  literally have 2 people in this thread saying they've seen more than one. Pull your head out of your ass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ---Redemption--- said:

Then stop being selfish and play solo. Thos ewho want to play with others and help lichs want to play the game the way it was intended. Just ignore your lich completely accept stolen items and stay solo for lich missions. You can brute force the code by guessing and either way the cap is level 5 of a lich it doesnt get that much harder. Accept that not attempting is progress hostage for the rest of the squad and extremely trollish imo. Devs need to either enable multiple lich spawns or introduce a mechanic that penalises not attempting at all.

Players who don't want to attack their lich can make the very same demands of you as you are of them. From their perspective you are being selfish as well. They can tell you to play solo if you want to go after your lich so much. The only different between these sides is that the people not wanting to attack their lich are not wanting their lich to spawn and block you on purpose. They are also not telling you how you should play. On the other hand, people that are wanting to go after their lich are demanding other people change their way of playing to suit them. I was on the receiving end of this in that the rest of the party all wanted to go after their lich and would not come help me open up the dual lock door until I forced him to despawn. I can understand a bit more from your prespective if it was defense, interception, or survival. But in my case it was a rescue so it was a quick in and out mission.

I can tell you that I don't want to cause trouble for other players. If I could force mine to spawn last I would but I can't. It is all RNG. However, I am not gonna be bullied or forced to play a different way if I don't have to. I even got reported for the trouble. I was apparently being "uncooperative" according to them.

Edited by WNxMatthew
corrected wording

6 hours ago, ---Redemption--- said:

Right back at you, buckaroo.  If you want to go after your Lich so badly, go it alone to ensure it's your Lich that spawns in.  I'm not wasting a revive because I had my own Lich clock in first for that day's murder session while I'm still figuring out what goes where so I can claim his gun for myself.  Also, about those stolen items - Oh no, what's a thousand Credits when I got 1.5 million?  What's 1 Common mod out of five copies I got that mission?  Oh no, he stole a rare precept mod that came with my Adarza, time to commit honorable sudoku (/s).  Only items that are gonna anger me are Sortie rewards, anything Ayatan, and any Blueprints, and even then, oh well.  I'll get there when I get there.  But don't make me play the game at your pace because you're so impatient to claim a shiny object for yourself. 

Also, don't know if you've noticed, but Liches can claim more turf as they level up.  And their missions get harder.  And they can steal Requiem Relics (which is actually another item that angers me.  Stop stealing what I need to make progress.)  Right now, I'm trying to get Requiems so I have shots at getting the mods I need to deal a permanent end to my Lich, I don't want him taking over any more turf so he doesn't mess with Kuva Siphons/Floods and possibly yoink my Relics out from under me.  Ergo, not gonna let him level up.  Ergo, leaving him the hell alone while I get Murmurs so I can piece together which mods are needed to begin with, so I'm not doing your method of attempting to delete him dozens of times at worst.

In short, stop being a selfish ass, kill your Lich solo if it's that important to you, and let people like me piece together the code they need to get rid of theirs.

Sorry, I really don't get the logic of these threads.

The only real point in running public lich missions is to take advantage of the increased spawns to farm thralls and unveil the relics. A lich being present actively helps this by converting normal enemies into thralls.  Getting rid of it potentially means no more thralls spawn.

If you have all three relics unveiled, why are you in public?  You no longer need thralls and all you are doing is decreasing the chance of your lich spawning. 

If it's the case where the lich level is too high for you to deal with effectively (not judging, the lich sometimes makes cheap shots at you even if you are properly geared),  just ask in recruiting chat and get people who don't have lich controlled nodes in that planet. Only your lich will spawn and now you have a team, they still get their murmurs, everyone is better off.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

Well I don't have the mods yet because the great rng on the relic farming and relic chances, so I can't do sh1t about the lich. What should I do? And yea I farmed relics and opened them constantly since the update dropped and the great rng blessed me with only one of the mods that I need. 

3 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

If you have all three relics unveiled, why are you in public?  You no longer need thralls and all you are doing is decreasing the chance of your lich spawning.  

true too, I don't do these missions after I gathered the clues, I'll wait for the mods to drop, somewhere next year.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Player: Lol why you play solo, this is a co-op game?
Me: Because playing solo means I can play my way, not get bothered by how others play and not bother them with how I play.

Both isdes of these lich stories are in the right and in the wrong because playing in public groups means everyone might not play the same or be there for the same goals. Idk why people insist doing very specific tasks in public groups when there are better options for it called pre-made and solo.

To sum it up, what everyone in this thread is trying to tell you, is that you don't have the right to decide that people should be punished because they don't follow the same standards of playing as you do. Either accept that public squads are going to be full of randoms that do things that make no sense to you, and that you'll be annoyed, or don't, at that point, all you can do is either play solo, or use recruitment chat to find groups of like-minded individuals to play the game with (or clanmates), or you can accept that public groups are filled with randoms that may or may not annoy you.

The rules are simple, you don't get to decide how others are supposed to play the game, and it's not up to debate, have a nice day.

Edited by SocialFox

Dude you really need to just not try to dictate how public groups play. If you want only your lich to spawn, look in recruitment chat, get friends or clan-mates to do it with you so everyone knows what you're trying to do. It's kinda laughable how you're being about all this. Chill out. While I know looking for people to do the exact same stuff as you can indeed take time, it's better than trying to find a group in public matches. People play different. There's no changing that. There shouldn't be a punishment for it. Take the time to get people for it instead of fighting a losing fight.

On 2019-11-03 at 9:58 PM, ---Redemption--- said:

There needs to be a mechanic inserted that punishes players who ignore their lich in public missions. this happens 33% of the time. These players do not belong in public sessions imo they are ruining the game for others denying the rest of progress. I suggest murmur progress loss or maybe even the current items stolen to be permanently stolen. An incentive to face the lich at least. Right now it absolutely terrible in this concept. Something needs to change

Dont like the way others play ... play alone . People are not in this game to follow your command or way of playing. Its their lich , their concecuences and their choice .

On 2019-11-03 at 3:20 PM, Arkennstar said:

Dude I literally told you it happened to me. Three liches at once. Why on earth would I lie to some random stranger on the forums lmao :'D

You really wanna hold on to your argument don't you 😛

those were probably converted liches. I'm on my 9th and I have NEVER seen that happen. Let's supposed they do, let's say 2 enemy liches spawn. how will it display health bars when boss bars appear to take the top center of screen. Next time take a screen shot.

8 hours ago, Zoero said:

those were probably converted liches. I'm on my 9th and I have NEVER seen that happen. Let's supposed they do, let's say 2 enemy liches spawn. how will it display health bars when boss bars appear to take the top center of screen. Next time take a screen shot.

Yeah the health bar changing every time one is attacked is an impossible thing.

10 hours ago, Zoero said:

Only the health bar of the first lich that spawned was showing. Until we did away with that one, then immediately another health bar showed up.. 

I'll try to take a screenshot next time but its hard to actually see it in the screenshot because they don't spawn like side by side you know. And converted liches cant be fought so there's that. Definitely wasn't a converted one.

I am on my 10th Lich and I have never seen 3 spawn at the same time. I think it must be a bug. Personally I would welcome all 3 liches spawning at the same time. Closest I have seen them spawn back to back within seconds of vanquishing them one at a time. I am also thinking you guys are seeing the ones that make duplicates of themselves  because they do have that ability.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

2 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I am also thinking you guys are seeing the ones that make duplicates of themselves  because they do have that ability.

Was on a lich controlled mission with my alliance. A lich spawned for one of us, then mine appeared at the same time. It's hardly confusing if you happen to have the uncanny ability to read names when the prompt appears.