Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

11 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Oh man. Coherent Lore for one. Tons of potential there, but eh we need space battles. Non Dev stream alerts could have been reworked to work along side Chorewave, but nah

I'll leave the lore to them since it becomes easy to somehow make a piece of lore goes against the rest, and considering that lore is quickly dismissed as "an hour of content", I doubt that will be the focus when people on the other side are screaming more content

13 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

(21:02) this vid was over 2 years ago....2 YEARS....Where is it?

Do you really think this will be how everything is linked together? Hope so, but doubt it. And that's just a few examples. Not to mention the 3rd Orb.  I mean we still can't even wield a pistol in one hand and a knife in the other, but nah we need all this other unfinished S#&$. Holo lotus, how long have we had dat bish? Seriously! Lol

If you take a step back and look a WF objectively you will see it's really a complete mess.

I'd rather spend my money on a good coherent story, not a incoherent mess that can't decide what direction to go and is lacking in leadership, development and implementation on  every level. 

And do you think console warframe can handle it if it's released all together? That one time DE released Empyrean together with PC release for console, I saw so many people raging for being very buggy so what will happen if DE really release fortuna and railjack together back then if console won't get bricked completely I wonder? I prefer this way, releasing them slowly piece by piece to avoid bricking the game, worse if it bricks your platform like Anthem back then.

2 Years, with still getting something in between so I'm not complaining much. If we get nothing at all in that 2 years I would say where is it, but seeing the video as demo, I'm not taking it at face value since it's a demo of a would be finished product, slowly worked to that version.

You rather spend your money elsewhere? No one is forbidding you, it's not like someone will start a manhunt just because someone choose to spend money somewhere other than warframe, it's your money and like they said, vote with your wallet so nothing wrong with that.

2 hours ago, Elannor said:

To be honest, Warframe doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.. sadly.. 

I'm saying this after playing the game for 4-5 years, and it breaks my heart, but nothing really changed about Warframe since I started. The bugs are still there, the lack of information, the superficiality. They can add as many new maps and systems they want. The core is still the same, and the core is broken.

And, as they recently announced. The New War was supposed to drop in December. It's February now, and not only The New War hasn't been released, but it's not coming for a long time, as they're adding 2 other major updates before we have any information about New War. I mean, let's stop making excuses and call it like it is. Lies and superficiality. 

I've been supporting DE financially as much as I could, every time I could, and I did because, as the other guy put it, potential. But at one stage, potential must become reality, or else it will just become an empty word. In all Devstreams they argue that they care and listen to the players, and yet, on the forums, it's very clear that that is a lie. Not that they're trying, or doing their best. A lie. 

The majority of people are asking for bugfixes for years, tutorials, new-player friendly interfaces, but it's very clear to me now that it will not happen. DE is doing well, they're getting money with their current broken-game, so there's no reason to change. They can carry on making money with the same level of superficiality and bugs, and we will be the only losers. We can't depend on WIKI to play the game, we can't depend on Devstreams to understand the game and the story. We can't depend on other players explaining us the game because DE itself is too lazy and happy to carry on like this.

Yeah,  that's one thing I don't get.  How so many players put up with, what is a lie. " but the devs are cool    we like them" well the dev are playing us like fool. .     They LIED end of story. . With a big smile on their face.  But it was still a  LIE. ..

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

33 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Yeah,  that's one thing I don't get.  How so many players put up with, what is a lie. " but the devs are cool    we like them" well the dev are playing as like fool. .     They LIED end of story. . We a big smile on their face.  But it was still a  LIE. ..

Exactly, it seems like the gaming community in general falls prey to lies from developers and publishers. For me, if someone lies, it's a big deal, but I've seen families where lying is the norm and it's not a big deal. So I guess the people who are on DE's side in this case, aren't that bothered if they're lied to.

Honestly, they must be pretty good at what they're doing, since they're managed to keep this game running on hopes and lies for the past 5-6 years. But a broken promise is inherently a lie. People will disagree about this statement, and this is why many will defend DE. Because they appear flawed and hard-working like "us", they acknowledge "us" because we gave them money when they needed it, so there is a connection that goes beyond that of a dev-player, which is what it should be, and for some it would appear family-like.

That's why you see players ridiculing the ones complaining as an argument, like: "just stop playing, get good, learn the wiki, you should have known, etc". It's personal, and sadly, that's the part that lets DE get away with ruining the game for everyone else but the "family".

Edited by Elannor

And, as they recently announced. The New War was supposed to drop in December. It's February now, and not only The New War hasn't been released, but it's not coming for a long time, as they're adding 2 other major updates before we have any information about New War. I mean, let's stop making excuses and call it like it is. Lies and superficiality. 

Quite sure I heard that the new war won't be a quest from this thread

And Erra, a short quest that starts the beginning of The New War is already available if you find the anomaly in the Veil so technically we've started entering The New War in December so it's up to you to see it

The bugs are still there, the lack of information, the superficiality. They can add as many new maps and systems they want. The core is still the same, and the core is broken.

So what is your vision on the core? A so called balanced system where the fight is fair that doesn't allow you to overpower low level enemies no matter how far you've progressed? Or what? Or is it only your vision that happen to not align with DE?

Lack of information in? Honestly many is explained if we bother to listen just a bit. Vor's prize explains about your ship, mod system, and so on, more often than not we didn't bother to listen

Won't say much about bugs but bugs will be there, with different degree of severity and with people keep asking for more content, I don't think it's that easy

I've been supporting DE financially as much as I could, every time I could, and I did because, as the other guy put it, potential. But at one stage, potential must become reality, or else it will just become an empty word. In all Devstreams they argue that they care and listen to the players, and yet, on the forums, it's very clear that that is a lie. Not that they're trying, or doing their best. A lie. 

A lie eh? If they do lie, they wouldn't bother making the kuva lich less annoying by removing the death on wrong requiem, adding opt-in system and ability to see kuva lich weapon before stabbing them, they wouldn't bother changing the reactor stat range and let it that way

And like I said to the other tenno, you vote with your wallet. You don't like their so called empty word, stop supporting them finacially

We can't depend on WIKI to play the game

Codex exists and do you really need to depend on wiki instead of learning it by yourself?

we can't depend on Devstreams to understand the game and the story

I understand the game and the story from listening the narrative and reading the synthesis imprint from the origin of sentient to creation of warframes so perhaps a bit of listening instead of skipping them all can be beneficial?

We can't depend on other players explaining us the game because DE itself is too lazy and happy to carry on like this.

Do we really need hand holding level of explaining like we're toddlers? Perhaps that mobile level tutorial where the screen dims and shows you the path to your next thing to do where the objective glows to show you what to do next is needed?

21 minutes ago, Elannor said:

Exactly, it seems like the gaming community in general falls prey to lies from developers and publishers. For me, if someone lies, it's a big deal, but I've seen families where lying is the norm and it's not a big deal. So I guess the people who are on DE's side in this case, aren't that bothered if they're lied to.

Honestly, they must be pretty good at what they're doing, since they're managed to keep this game running on hopes and lies for the past 5-6 years. But a broken promise is inherently a lie. People will disagree about this statement, and this is why many will defend DE. Because they appear flawed and hard-working like "us", they acknowledge "us" because we gave them money when they needed it, so there is a connection that goes beyond that of a dev-player, which is what it should be, and for some it would appear family-like.

That's why you see players ridiculing the ones complaining as an argument, like: "just stop playing, get good, learn the wiki, you should have known, etc". It's personal, and sadly, that's the part that lets DE get away with ruining the game for everyone else but the "family".

I haven't seen any free game that has as much diversity as warframe, I haven't seen any game that allows me to be OP character wiping enemies like nothing instead of struggling where I have to stay behind cover because you're still weak no matter how strong you are, I haven't seen any game that allows me to get items without locking them behind VIP pass or DLC like many games nowadays so if you can get one game like warframe, I may change course

13 hours ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

I used to be optimistic about warframes potential too. Until the day I realized that's all it'll ever be "potential". It's never gonna be anything else other than what it is now. 

Warframe’s greatest potential has been achieved during 2017-2018.  Now it’s just going downhill as the game gradually lost its spirit through the new game design philosophy since 2018. Glad I was in it and witnessed it all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elannor said:

To be honest, Warframe doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.. sadly.. 

I'm saying this after playing the game for 4-5 years, and it breaks my heart, but nothing really changed about Warframe since I started. The bugs are still there, the lack of information, the superficiality. They can add as many new maps and systems they want. The core is still the same, and the core is broken.

The majority of people are asking for bugfixes for years, tutorials, new-player friendly interfaces, but it's very clear to me now that it will not happen. DE is doing well, they're getting money with their current broken-game, so there's no reason to change. They can carry on making money with the same level of superficiality and bugs, and we will be the only losers. We can't depend on WIKI to play the game, we can't depend on Devstreams to understand the game and the story. We can't depend on other players explaining us the game because DE itself is too lazy and happy to carry on like this.

If you think bugs don't get fixed you need to start reading patchnotes. Seriously.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

If you think bugs don't get fixed you need to start reading patchnotes. Seriously.

Every single argument I've been given is this. Read the Wiki, listen to DE, read notes.

No thanks. I want to see the change in game, not scroll through pages of fixes every week. I want a playable game without crashing every 3rd mission. If you think that's too much to ask, there's no point in arguing with you.

I'm tired of doing work for the developer. As far as I'm aware, it's their game, not mine, thus their responsibility. My only responsibility is to enjoy and play, which I'm finding harder and harder because the dev is not doing their responsibilities towards the players. What is hard to comprehend about that? 

Edited by Elannor

No thanks. I want to see the change in game, not scroll through pages of fixes every week. I want a playable game without crashing every 3rd mission. If you think that's too much to ask, there's no point in arguing with you.

I'm tired of doing work for the developer. As far as I'm aware, it's their game, not mine, thus their responsibility. My only responsibility is to enjoy and play, which I'm finding harder and harder because the dev is not doing their responsibilities towards the players. What is hard to comprehend about that? 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, realmzjetter said:

I haven't bothered to actually play warframe since Railjack came out. I just login once a day to up the login reward ticker.

I’ve move on to honkai impact 3 pc version,,    and I feel like I’m having fun again , I tried to play Railjack , but it’s just too buggy on ps4…  and I just thought to myself. Why am I forcing myself to play this when it’s not fun….    And you know what honkai impact 3 has...  trailers for their new valkerys..  And an update schedule, which they stick too. And they release stuff they say they well, when they said they will...  I’m now like “how did DE get a good reputation and a good developer”...  I’ll give them this.  Their PR team has been working harder they the devolvement team….

8 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

The amount of time it takes for them to rollout fixes with the amount of longstanding bugs in the game since literally years. Alot of bugs go u fixed. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the switch team who ported the game fix or optimize something that was an issue for years then DE finally implemented it? Wf has spaghetti code. And with that being said alot of things break.... Often. Still dosent make an excuse for the amount of bugs that have been in game for so long 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I’ve move on to honkai impact 3 pc version,,    and I feel like I’m having fun again , I tried to play Railjack , but it’s just too buggy on ps4…  and I just thought to myself. Why am I forcing myself to play this when it’s not fun….    And you know what honkai impact 3 has...  trailers for their new valkerys..  And an update schedule, which they stick too. And they release stuff they say they well, when they said they will...  I’m now like “how did DE get a good reputation and a good developer”...  I’ll give them this.  Their PR team has been working harder they the devolvement team….

So how's the gacha going there?

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to keep playing WF until it dies. I mean, all I need to do is get my daily login and sortie reward, done in 15mins and I helped DE by increasing the player count in Steam charts 😆😆😆

jim carrey laughing GIF

Edited by Mikaer88

4 hours ago, Goldenrice said:

Honkai impact is a gacha game....and its not f2p friendly. 

The animated shorts are nice tho.

I Dont mind sending money , if it's fun. And I'm having a blast. .I use to say that about warframe too. And Warframe has its hand out for money on  every step you take in the game , so I've sent my fare share on it..  with is find.  They both need to make money. . But  it needs to be fun.  My god  lichers are just not fun and railjack is broken. ..  so I'm enjoying this game instead. ....I hope the new war is good and FUN. So I can come back.  But I'm done waiting for now 

20 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to keep playing WF until it dies. I mean, all I need is to do is get my daily login and sortie reward, done in 15mins and I helped DE by increasing the player count in Steam charts 😆😆😆

jim carrey laughing GIF

Oof, and here is where relics fail and the old keys succeeded, this same statement would be complimented by building a forma blueprint daily before 2017.

I bet some of the hardcore vets are still sitting on several hundred forma blueprints.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

56 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

done in 15mins and I helped DE by increasing the player count in Steam charts

Not really. At best you help contribute to the 1 hour window spike every day. 

the reason why Kuva Lich's take 2 and a half hours after generating them to kill or convert them is so players keep playing. A player who stays and plays for 3 hours is far more worthwhile then one who logs on and then right off just to obtain a daily login bonus. The kicker is no one likes thrall farming, no one I've ever seen anyhow. I got burnt out on on after hind, bramma and nukor so I'm not touching it with a 500 meter pole. It's not like any of the other kuva weapons are nearly as good as these new three. 

And then after you farm then you still have to level them SIX times. 

Edited by Fire2box

Player count has dropped because things get boring. At this point I login and think to myself, "Do i want to do another sortie, arbitration or maybe a kuva flood?. Nah, maybe I'll do eidolons for the 200th time, oh wait its not night for another hour, sigh. Do I feel like another railjack mission? Nope. Oh well time to log off and check steam for a new game."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikaer88 said:

And then we both squeal when New War is locked behind Railjack, hahaha I'm 0 0 4 4 baby...if this happens then I'm out, screw railjack.

After 2 and a harf years, if new war is buggy or short or rediculessly grindy,  or and bad story I'm so out  . To me the new war is DE last change to show that there care about the game and it's players. ..   or they just care about their business. ... caring about played time," even if the players ant having fun. 

Caring about updateling for their players.  Not just announcing updates at game awards as a free Ad for the game despite been 20% complete and 90% broken. ..  

I'm really starting to believe their working on another game in the background. ..  2+ year working on a quest. . At DE's speed if they made a game like witcher 3  . It's would take them 37 years to finish. .  

THE NEW WAR  Chrisman 2057  lol

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

9 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I'm really starting to believe their working on another game in the background. ..  2+ year working on a quest. . At DE's speed if they made a game like witcher 3  . It's would take them 37 years to finish. .  

Sure, because we get nothing at all in that 2+ years, right?