Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic lich hunter bullies are spreading "badwill", ban them.

Graavarg

A new trending behaviour is lich hunters verbally mobbing, bullying and abusing other players in PUB missions in order to force them to attack their personal lich. Presumably in order to get a few more murmurs. This idiocy should be stopped, by any means necessary. 

• A lich is a  personal part of the game, and all should be free to do the missions exactly the way they want (without other players abusing them in chat).
  • Playing a PUB mission with randoms inherently means that there is no agreed special way of doing the mission. Trying to force other random players to do it "your way" (do your bidding) is rude, bad manners, or worse. Anyone wanting a dedicated team can use the chat (or clan, or friends list) to form one. And if you really feel to need for a fellow Tenno to help you  out "in mission", you can ask nicely and politely.

I don't personally care that much about the nagging, to me it's just a way of saying "hey, I play this game and I am an idiot". But I've now several times seen lower MR players giving to this abuse, and this pisses me off. I also hate bullies, always have and always will.

At this point in time I would even support banning the bullies and abusers for 24h in order to cool them down. I know it is an extra hassle for DE to handle the reports, but it would be unfortunate if this behaviour was allowed to continue as it will presumably lead to "not so experienced" players getting turned off from the lich mechanic. And we've seen all this before, with bosses, events and with trid hunts, just to name a few examples.

• Like 5

Sorry, did I miss something in the text?

What do you mean by bullying you? From what I've gathered you mean that people will try to force you with helping them with their liches. Can you give some screens or more detail about what's happening?

8 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

A new trending behaviour is lich hunters verbally mobbing, bullying and abusing other players in PUB missions in order to force them to attack their personal lich. Presumably in order to get a few more murmurs. This idiocy should be stopped, by any means necessary. 

• A lich is a  personal part of the game, and all should be free to do the missions exactly the way they want (without other players abusing them in chat).
  • Playing a PUB mission with randoms inherently means that there is no agreed special way of doing the mission. Trying to force other random players to do it "your way" (do your bidding) is rude, bad manners, or worse. Anyone wanting a dedicated team can use the chat (or clan, or friends list) to form one. And if you really feel to need for a fellow Tenno to help you  out "in mission", you can ask nicely and politely.

I don't personally care that much about the nagging, to me it's just a way of saying "hey, I play this game and I am an idiot". But I've now several times seen lower MR players giving to this abuse, and this pisses me off. I also hate bullies, always have and always will.

At this point in time I would even support banning the bullies and abusers for 24h in order to cool them down. I know it is an extra hassle for DE to handle the reports, but it would be unfortunate if this behaviour was allowed to continue as it will presumably lead to "not so experienced" players getting turned off from the lich mechanic. And we've seen all this before, with bosses, events and with trid hunts, just to name a few examples.

or you could show some courtesy and attack the lich so other people can get their liches to spawn as well. and by doing so you will also get your murmur progress. it aint hard.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Jutzo said:

Multiple liches can spawn. I read some posts about it and it happened to me ingame

as fas ive heard, that only happens when there is a host migration.and if you ask me, refusing to kill your lich should cause them to teleport to you, instantly down you, jump to lv5 , and steal ALL of your rewards for that mission.well, refusing is little better than trolling to me anyways,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

or you could show some courtesy and attack the lich so other people can get their liches to spawn as well. and by doing so you will also get your murmur progress. it aint hard.

3 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

as fas ive heard, that only happens when there is a host migration.and if you ask me, refusing to kill your lich should cause them to teleport to you, instantly down you, jump to lv5 , and steal ALL of your rewards for that mission.well, refusing is little better than trolling to me anyways,

I'll hammer this mole as many times as I need to, stop it. People are free to engage with their lich when it shows up in a mission or not (yes, this includes PUB matches). Deal with it.

1 minute ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I'll hammer this mole as many times as I need to, stop it. People are free to engage with their lich when it shows up in a mission or not (yes, this includes PUB matches). Deal with it.

sure, once its made so that they arent preventing the rest of the team from fighting their liches, until then, they're actively preventing others from achicving their goals, knowingly at that, which is practical;ly the definition of a troll

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Iamabearlulz said:

no. if a person blocks other people from progressing for no reason whatsoever, they deserve being called out on their pointless selfishness. theres absolutely no good reason to not attack your lich.

• Like 1

Just now, Zeclem said:

no. if a person blocks other people from progressing for no reason whatsoever, they deserve being called out on their pointless selfishness. theres absolutely no good reason to not attack your lich.

then dont run public matches just because you personally are ready for it or dont care that it will get stronger if not doesnt mean everyone will be

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

then dont run public matches just because you personally are ready for it or dont care that it will get stronger if not doesnt mean everyone will be

i already did stop running public matches because people are too selfish to understand that the murmur progress you get from trying to kill your lich way outweights your lich taking 5 more seconds to kill.

• Like 2

The things are rapidly degrading with platinum being at stake. There are quite a lot of low MR and not so helpful players trying to make some platinum and more or less openly leech in lich missions. I myself reported two instance of verbal abuse today, worst possible form ever. The thing is, I can understand some minor bickering from a good player who really contributes to the mission. But when I or another helpful player are being abused by some kid with MR10 for not doing what they want, it is getting out of hand. Well, sorry kid, bad luck, I have 250 kills in defense and you have only 10, so you want me to do the objective, because it is pretty obviously that you simply cannot handle it, then die to my lich, and finally kill your level 5 lich for you so that you can make some plat? I don't think it is reasonable. I would consider that if asked very nicely and politely and will most likely refuse also politely but swearing and cursing should not be even a matter of debate on the subject.

2 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

What's the difference between not fighting a Lich and leeching?  Leeching doesn't prevent me from completing the mission myself.  Consider being courteous, you may be allowed to ignore your Lich, but you don't have the moral high ground on this one.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

What's the difference between not fighting a Lich and leeching?  Leeching doesn't prevent me from completing the mission myself.  Consider being courteous, you may be allowed to ignore your Lich, but you don't have the moral high ground on this one.

I don't see why there needs to be a "moral high ground" here. I have no issues killing my lich, but I'm not going to force someone else to do it. It's not hard to try looking from the point of view being presented by those who don't want to commit get taller every time the juicy bois appear.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

refusing to kill your lich should cause them to teleport to you, instantly down you, jump to lv5 , and steal ALL of your rewards for that mission

Oh yeah, that would make the game so much more fun than it is now. It's a good thing you're not a game designer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh yeah, that would make the game so much more fun than it is now. It's a good thing you're not a game designer.

im halk joking, in reality id give them the forced player teleport the stalker has. seriously, just stab the darn lich and get on with it. if you cant handle them getting stronger, dont go after them in the first place.

Personally i mainly run liches solo so I dont have the little lich hunter wannabes getting in my way and preventing me from progressing, which is bad game design as well you know

• Like 2

To be honest if I decide to kill or not kill lich when it appears is my own decission and I have my own reasons to do so.  If people are a holes in chat because i dont kill it for my own reasons they are free to leave the mission or just shut the heck up.  I will and have reported people for being rude and harassing in game before for not playing their way in past and i have  no problem doing it again

• Like 3