Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic lich hunter bullies are spreading "badwill", ban them.

Graavarg

I'm MR25 and did a lich kill (my 5th one) last night after the update. During a defense mission, there's only 3 of us. I had to tell my other 2 teammates (twice) to IGNORE my lich and protect the cryopod while I handled the lich myself.  The horde was overwhelming and I was barely able to type in the chat window ("Protect the cryopod!"). We're barely succeed the mission with only 10% health left on the cryopod. 

Understand that if the object that you have to protect got destroyed/ignored (i.e. defense, mobile defense, also interception), the mission is over/failed. period. 

Another good incentive to avoid this problem can be a permanent lost of the totally resource credit  and mod from that run being permanent stolen and no more obtainable even when the lich is vanquished. No exp gained for weapon also. Like a wasted run as punition. You can still choice to stab it or not but then don't blame anyone if not yourself if you are going to waste a run.

If a person can't take responsibility for their own Lich, maybe they shouldn't be running Lich missions. 
I view someone not attacking their Lich the same as I would view someone who takes the datamass in a mobile defense mission and decides to play the mission as if it was exterminate instead. 

1 minute ago, RougeMagma said:

I'm MR25 and did a lich kill (my 5th one) last night after the update. During a defense mission, there's only 3 of us. I had to tell my other 2 teammates (twice) to IGNORE my lich and protect the cryopod while I handled the lich myself.  The horde was overwhelming and I was barely able to type in the chat window ("Protect the cryopod!"). We're barely succeed the mission with only 10% health left on the cryopod. 

Understand that if the object that you have to protect got destroyed/ignored (i.e. defense, mobile defense, also interception), the mission is over/failed. period. 

If your lich is over lvl 3 you should have various planets option to select the mission type. Click on them to check the mission detail type. I don't do defend mission unless at lvl 1 lich limited to 1 planet and lich still stuck at lvl 1 which yet to open up more planets. Even if lvl 1 lich i would bring a appropriate frame like frost/Khora etc to do that at ease. 

4 minutes ago, JuDirval said:

Another good incentive to avoid this problem can be a permanent lost of the totally resource credit  and mod from that run being permanent stolen and no more obtainable even when the lich is vanquished. No exp gained for weapon also. Like a wasted run as punition. You can still choice to stab it or not but then don't blame anyone if not yourself if you are going to waste a run.

Oh yeah, that'll make the game way more fun than it is now. 🙄 It's a good thing you're not a game designer.

5 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh yeah, that'll make the game way more fun than it is now. 🙄 It's a good thing you're not a game designer.

That would be applied only in multyplayer session and anyway is like going for a defense mission refusing to defend the cryopod... You decide to go for hunting lich with other players just to leach their time and gaining murmurs. Is this a good game Design when one player obstacle the other 3 from their goal? I am not a game designer, I am just giving my opinion when others real game designer clearly failed something in their plain or you won't see people offending other players. A game should give you fun and not this kind of stress. 

Edited by JuDirval
Typoes

Don't ban people but fix the mechanism that is the lich system. Broken or not you still have a right to play however you want in pubs. That I agree on. But someone being upset and whining like a baby because you won't kill your lich dosent deserve  a ban. Maybe their parents should've whoppoed them more but a ban??? Nah

3 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

And this is why the lich hunt modes on lobbies are getting empty.

A lot of "play solo" mentality is doing its thing.

Actually if you notice that lower lich mission is less populated. The moment you got your lich higher lvl you find party much easy. Also that depending on your region and time playing. 

Just now, Dharma-Beerlite said:

Actually if you notice that lower lich mission is less populated. The moment you got your lich higher lvl you find party much easy. Also that depending on your region and time playing. 

Ah figures it may be something like that. Ive been having problems finding people. 

17 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

MR 27 players that doing lich missions shouldn't have a problem with defending those objective, even in solo, especially when you know what happens in the missions.

8 minutes ago, JuDirval said:

That would be applied only in multyplayer session and anyway is like going for a defense mission refusing to defend the cryopod... You decide to go for hunting lich with other players just to leach their time and gaining murmurs. Is this a good game Design when one player obstacle the other 3 from their goal? I am not a game designer, I am just giving my opinion when others real game designer clearly failed something in their plain or you won't see people offending other players. A game should give you fun and not this kind of stress. 

Why you want to punish them instead of removing excessive privilege of those players lmao

15 hours ago, D20 said:

If you have been harassed in game by other players, please do some screenshots showing the verbal abuse and report that to the player support desk. You definitely can't let verbal harassment remain in game. However don't let that go as far as becoming some kind of witch hunt.

Its quite pleasant hunting the toxic players though :(, no 1 likes them when theyre like that. They become red stains on a white shirt, and need to be removed 😈

It's amazing how all the people that support punishing players that DON'T stab their Lich are more fixated on deflecting / assigning blame, justifying their crappy behavior, and telling others to "git gud or go home to yer mom" rather than thinking "Hrmmm - we have a problem here...let's find a solution."

So seeing as you're all way too busy being proud of being self-righteous jerks, I'm going to step up to the plate and offer an actual solution.

So you know what's a good incentive to keep people stabbing?

IT'S NOT PUNISHING PLAYERS WITH DEATH AND A MORE POWERFUL ENEMY EVERY TIME THEY FAIL THE DAMN REQUIEM MOD TEST.

God's Teeth this needless BS is making me angry...

DE, just fix that already...or do you want this civil war of sorts to continue?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Its quite pleasant hunting the toxic players though :(, no 1 likes them when theyre like that. They become red stains on a white shirt, and need to be removed 😈

To me not killing their own lich blocking others chance to spawn and progress is annoying as troll Limbo in mission. That's why solo/team "escape lich mission" is better for them to spawn their lvl 1 lich mission and not making players mad triggering all these angry/toxic cursing going on. Again, the current official game mode is "Stab the lich" not " escape away from lich"/ "lich hide and seek"..  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

well i dont know why a mr 25 would almost fail you were obviously not preped. for the lich fight before joining in 

also, use vazarin if you dont wanna fail defend object missions

7 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Any clue, word of DE or anything?

Never heard about that, game isn't made like so.

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average

I don't think I have missed any part mentioning avoid being kill by lich/avoiding killing gain  by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average

14 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

It's amazing how all the people that support punishing players that DON'T stab their Lich are more fixated on deflecting / assigning blame, justifying their crappy behavior, and telling others to "git gud or go home to yer mom" rather than thinking "Hrmmm - we have a problem here...let's find a solution."

So seeing as you're all way too busy being proud of being self-righteous jerks, I'm going to step up to the plate and offer an actual solution.

So you know what's a good incentive to keep people stabbing?

IT'S NOT PUNISHING PLAYERS WITH DEATH AND A MORE POWERFUL ENEMY EVERY TIME THEY FAIL THE DAMN REQUIEM MOD TEST.

God's Teeth this needless BS is making me angry...

DE, just fix that already...or do you want this civil war of sorts to continue?

Most everyone wants DE to fix it. It's just part of playerbase wants players to stab their Liches so games can actually function while DE is working on a fix... and another part is screaming "LALALALA CAN'T FORCE ME TO DO WHAT YOU WANT DE IS HORRIBLE SYSTEM IS TRASH ALSO STOP TALKING BAD TO ME".

3 minutes ago, Dharma-Beerlite said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.4 + 26.0.4.1

Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average

I don't think I have missed any part mentioning avoid being kill by lich/avoiding killing gain  by roughly 10x more than a Thrall on average

That's more of a fix for "choices" not being equivalent, before that you literally had no reason to kill them.

So with that fix, now we have equally meaningful choice of kill/not kill.

3 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

That's more of a fix for "choices" not being equivalent, before that you literally had no reason to kill them.

So with that fix, now we have equally meaningful choice of kill/not kill.

why is that no reason to kill/or testing the right mod early and finish the task? 20 out of my 22 liches done was done before the 3rd mods reveal to me. about 5 of the liches was lucky to fit those correct mods while they are lvl 3/4? Really made me asking you how many liches have you done so far?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1142219-murmur-farming-tips-and-tricks/?tab=comments#comment-11161340

I already outlined this in the thread above and like five others. I'm sick of repeating myself. People who demand that other players stab their lich are idiots. They chose to run on pub and give themselves a 1/4 chance of their lich spawning. They keep choosing to bash their heads against a wall, failing requiem mods, wrongly thinking that they're getting 10 murmurs worth of thralls when the stab bonus averages out to 4-8. They refuse to let liches convert standard grineer into thralls and get more murmurs for themselves and everyone else on the team. They reset their liches anger meter and reduce their chances of their lich spawning at all. They ignore defense objectives to wail on the lich. 

Block them. Ignore them. The only thing they do is make the grind longer for themselves and everyone else in the squad because they don't pay attention and don't bother to learn how lich mechanics work. Then they try to demand that other players inflict the same on themselves, trying to get others to waste 5-6 hours on one lich or ask that some kind of punishment gets added to players who don't indulge their stupidity. You can take out 2-3 liches a day and still have time to run sorties and do Nightwave, or you can waste an entire day going after one. I took out 30 liches in two weeks and I'm only missing the ogris. Pics are in the link. Immediately stabbing your lich is dumbest idea to ever get into the meta of this game.

2 minutes ago, Dharma-Beerlite said:

why is that no reason to kill/or testing the right mod early and finish the task? 20 out of my 22 liches done was done before the 3rd mods reveal to me. about 5 of the liches was lucky to fit those correct mods while they are lvl 3/4? Really made me asking you how many liches have you done so far?

Eh, it's just RNG vs non RNG, there is nothing to say.

You could do it faster by relying on rng, or sometime slower based on luck, but you can do it with more consistency and lower levels with murmur.

And only 10, not really interested in doing liches rn, i'm most certainly sure they gonna make it easier...