Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expectations for public matchmaking

(PSN)sweatshawp

3 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

a fail stab will give them a big chunk towards murmur progress

It's not really that big of a bonus, and if the person is doing their Lich in what is technically the most efficient way (or at least the most efficient way I've seen) then, by their method, they shouldn't be killing their Lich solely because it'll screw up the Lich spawning next mission, thus not granting the additional thralls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

It's not really that big of a bonus, and if the person is doing their Lich in what is technically the most efficient way (or at least the most efficient way I've seen) then, by their method, they shouldn't be killing their Lich solely because it'll screw up the Lich spawning next mission, thus not granting the additional thralls

Stabbing your Lich is the most efficient method 90% of the time.

Think about it this way, let's assume you absolutely refuse to stab your Lich until you know all 3 requiems. You still don't know the order so you can fail at most 2 times to get the first and at most 1 time to get the second and third. This means your Lich can be up to level 4 already. Likewise, the chance you complete all 150 required murmurs with the first set of missions is impossible and even getting 30 is not guaranteed. That means your Lich will likely level up once just from completing all available missions so a level 5 Lich is an inevitability.

Once you accept that fact, you can realize that a level 5 Lich does not reset rage anymore. By rushing your Lich to level 5, they can start spawning in every mission and it becomes easy to brute force the requiems and/or gather the rest of the murmurs. You will also have a wide choice of missions instead of being forced into whatever missions are left.

Also when your Lich spawns you can stall and let them create Thralls. You can kill but not finish the Thralls so that you can stab your Lich to reset there rage then finish off all the Thralls to enrage the Lich for the next mission.

Edited by .Unreality

The OP should be thankful this game doesn’t have a vote to kick option yet.  You’re one person in a group of 4.  If the other 75% asks you to do something , then you, the minority % would be the jerk to not oblige. And since you’re the 25% means if you don’t like it it’s on YOU to play solo.  Not the other 3 who would be humming along if not for YOU.  

This again.

I play almost exclusively solo or with loved ones. If, for whatever reason, I decide to play public, I fully expect everyone around me to be completely braindead. And that's fine. People have a tendency to be stupid. I don't attack them over it. They have as much of a right to play as I do. If I don't like it, I'm not forced to do it.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm the oddball here, but I play public 95% of the time. I accept that if I'm not in the mood to do other people's "thing" whatever that thing is, then I shouldn't be in a public match. I'm really shocked at how other people view public matches. If you don't want to do what other people want to do, then why on earth would anyone queue for public matches? If you don't want to do what other people want to do, then for the love of Space Mom, don't queue for public matches! 

Seriously, what is the point of queuing for public matches if not to do group, public things? Why on earth would someone that doesn't want to work on their litch inflict that on other players? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

so say when there are 0 enemies around the lich an the person refuses to stab the lich, thus making 0 thralls is more efficient?
cause guess what thats what i often am seeing when people refuse to take out there lich.
im on my 10th lich an only 1 single time i didnt take out my lich when it was around was when i was like 3 or 4 more thralls from learning what requiem i use in slot 3, an i was with a friend an COMMUNICATED that im almost know the exact code to use so not gonna stab.

Then there is a lv 1 lich is only on one planet so when you run out of missions to run for the lich an yours hasnt spawned at all, guess what you need to find someone else cause you refused to stab your lich.
Once you stab the lich you get the planet its on have some missions on the planet refreshed an so can actualy not have to have someone else.

While your saying if you knew the exact code to take out your code an for the past several missions randoms refuse to take out there lich as it holds up the spawn of your own an you wont get upset?

Your topic lacks context, because many things can be included or excluded from your post, we don't know to what you're refering to, is it a 20 min capture mission? is it liches? is it a specific warframe? is it a specific player? Did someone troll you? did someone make the mission so efficient that you fell upset? Did someone said something true that made you upset?

It really depends, you are right but you also may be wrong.

While lich content may be intented to do in a certain order, DE didn't realize that some players like to do things upside down, lich content for example, no excuse that i have seen so far holds up and in the end things can be sumarized as intentional trolling, not the kind that can be reported, but trolling nontheless, fortunately now you can make the lich go away.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, M3tallius said:

Maybe I'm the oddball here, but I play public 95% of the time. I accept that if I'm not in the mood to do other people's "thing" whatever that thing is, then I shouldn't be in a public match. I'm really shocked at how other people view public matches. If you don't want to do what other people want to do, then why on earth would anyone queue for public matches? If you don't want to do what other people want to do, then for the love of Space Mom, don't queue for public matches! 

Seriously, what is the point of queuing for public matches if not to do group, public things? Why on earth would someone that doesn't want to work on their litch inflict that on other players? 

some players are not equip to take on the missions themselves an others accept to help randoms do there missions cause its a online game so being in solo for everything defeats the point for online play.

rather than having alot of people stressing over that they keep getting matched up with players who also are unable to get through the missions let alone take down there lich cause its too strong for themselves.

i have litterly quite afew times xD beat the crap out of a players lichs at rank 5 with my wisps haste buff an my zaw. having it constantly going down so the player who the lich is of can actually take it out.
can get where there is another player meleeing the lich with me an by the time it stands up the lich goes straight back down.

6 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Honestly I'm not even complaining brother. I genuinely want to know why people think like this 

Edit hold up just to make it meta I equipped my gram prime with its range cc and combo duration riven! Erm Is it meta now?

Edits on edits bby: all jokes aside I want to try to understand this way of thinking and try to get someone to understand why someone would feel like their way of thinking isn't the best and vice versa 

pretty simple: people think that regardless of it being a random set of people, you should play how they want. That simple. Personally, its a stupid expectation to place on people.If you want to have a specific set up and make sure everyone has roles to play etc, Pubs ain't the place to be. organise a squad. then theres no problems.

Basically, people are weird sometimes.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

some players are not equip to take on the missions themselves because they like anime an others accept to help randoms do there missions cause its a online game and they are we todd id so being in solo for everything defeats the point for online play

I think the *content has to be for everybody* design philosophy bit em in the arse on this one. People that aren't stronk enough to fight their litch shouldn't have access to them. Equality of opportunity should be a thing. In time, you'll become strong enough to participate in the system. Equality of outcome mentality is what caused this drama.

Edited by M3tallius

7 hours ago, zoffmode said:

You really feel you didn't make enough pointless posts and threads to stir up even more drama?

I'm so tired of seeing garbage replies like this on the forums.

The OP has a legitimate point. Warframe players are toxic in their expectations of public matchmaking. They somehow expect other players to not inconvenience them. If that's your expectation, then play solo, or make some friends and play only in private groups. 

People need to stop complaining about anything that results from public matchmaking.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Popcorn time!

You realize that these sarcastic comments from immature little children like you are making the forums a worse place? 

You think it's okay to passively troll people by supporting the actual trolls.

This forum has a serious problem with harassment by committee, and the moderators seem to be allowing it. It's pathetic.

If the player takes up the mobile defence Datamass and dances around the map refusing to put it in, I'll begin to flame them. I expect players to do stuff that doesn't hinder the team or the purpose of the mission.

Edit 26/11/2019 18:10GMT: I would also flame people who don't pull their own weight despite being fully capable of doing so, for example joining a bounty and spending the whole time fishing/mining.

7 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Why do people expect a player to play how they want or the "optimal" of "efficient" way in public matchmaking. I've very seldom seen this behavior in other games (and if I did its usually that one or few toxic or annoying folk who want to dictate the game for their beloved gain) and I just can't grasp my head around it. Can someone please explain to me why you should or expect a certain level or gameplay or courtesy from people you don't know and don't care about.  

Telling someone how or what to do in a public setting when you don't know them just seems like you're a weirdo imo. I don't like alot of people's playstyles (like Lokis for existing and Oberon bc he's ugly) but I'm not going to tell someone I don't know in what or how to do things

So yeah, I would 100% tell a player what to do if they're being counterproductive to the fellow Tenno's in the squad.

Edited by Raqiya
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlphaIIOmega said:

You realize that these sarcastic comments from immature little children like you are making the forums a worse place? 

You think it's okay to passively troll people by supporting the actual trolls.

This forum has a serious problem with harassment by committee, and the moderators seem to be allowing it. It's pathetic.

You are funny. I like you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Why do people expect a player to play how they want or the "optimal" of "efficient" way in public matchmaking. I've very seldom seen this behavior in other games (and if I did its usually that one or few toxic or annoying folk who want to dictate the game for their beloved gain) and I just can't grasp my head around it. Can someone please explain to me why you should or expect a certain level or gameplay or courtesy from people you don't know and don't care about.  

Telling someone how or what to do in a public setting when you don't know them just seems like you're a weirdo imo. I don't like alot of people's playstyles (like Lokis for existing and Oberon bc he's ugly) but I'm not going to tell someone I don't know in what or how to do things

People expect or demand OTHERS have to play like they want....
Be it publics or be it farming etc...

• Like 1

Why do people have expectations for public matchmaking?

Because people are lazy and hitting up the LFG for their desired group is too much work but that won't stop them from nitpicking the group they get when they decide to stick their hand into the grab bag. 

As far as I'm concerned these people are wrong if they expect anything more than the most basic mission objectives to be complete. For that is the maximum you can expect from randos. Which is a viewpoint that will undboutably degenerate into "well fine then you are OK with AFK leechers" which is not the case. For when you click on that mission you have agreed to at a minimum "do the thing". I don't expect them to be good at it by any means but I expect them to be present and at least trying to look like they're trying. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 2

This topic is now completely moot on PC at least. I've been running thralls the last two days and the "down him 3 times" method is working perfectly well. Just about to finish the 3rd requiem and my lich is still level 2. He'll be very easy to exterminate when it's time.

1 hour ago, Raqiya said:

If the player takes up the mobile defence Datamass and dances around the map refusing to put it in, I'll begin to flame them. I expect players to do stuff that doesn't hinder the team or the purpose of the mission.

Edit 26/11/2019 18:10GMT: I would also flame people who don't pull their own weight despite being fully capable of doing so, for example joining a bounty and spending the whole time fishing/mining.

So yeah, I would 100% tell a player what to do if they're being counterproductive to the fellow Tenno's in the squad.

It's public matchmaking however. Do you expect Someome you don't know to listen or respect you especially after "flaming them"

2 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Your topic lacks context, because many things can be included or excluded from your post, we don't know to what you're refering to, is it a 20 min capture mission? is it liches? is it a specific warframe? is it a specific player? Did someone troll you? did someone make the mission so efficient that you fell upset? Did someone said something true that made you upset?

It really depends, you are right but you also may be wrong.

While lich content may be intented to do in a certain order, DE didn't realize that some players like to do things upside down, lich content for example, no excuse that i have seen so far holds up and in the end things can be sumarized as intentional trolling, not the kind that can be reported, but trolling nontheless, fortunately now you can make the lich go away.

Generally speaking I don't understand why people deem it as an expectation for a complete random to listen to you. It really dosent matter the context. Given human nature and how most of us are. Do you really expect someone who dosent know you or Is Likley to not communicate with you to play the same as you and abide by the same rules that are set by the fellow player. With things like discord and party chat game chat and in game communication is obsolete and is something that isn't really used unless the player finds a personal gain that they deem worthy of from interacting with other randoms. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Lol how's the popcorn? I'm eating cheetos!

Hey, someone gets it. 

It's nice, warm and salty.... 

Anyways just to be more on topic, ppl are just A******s usually. Best thing is to put them on ignore list. It sucks but no one can change this.

I personally don't bother with public matches unless I absolutely need other ppl to help me.