Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #134: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

Will we get archwing mobility mods? 

Are you working on armor and damage scaling? What's the design philosophy with enemy effective hit points and damage versus player hit points and damage? What do you intend the balance to be? 

What cosmetic customization will there be for railjacks? Colors, skins, models, accessories? Internal decorations?

I know there’s a hesitance to give release dates, but are Empyrean and The New War still on track for 2019? It seems extremely ambitious to release them both in the remaining time of the year, so understandable if there is a delay for at least one of them! 

Will the current archwings receive any reworks or refreshes with or after Empyrean? Itzal took a beating out of it's old niche, Amesha is nigh invincible, Elytron has 3 abilities that do non-scaling damage to different degrees, and the Odonata has 1 ability worth using, being the shield.

A few changes I'd like to see in some shape or form:

• Merging old lock-on avoidance abilities with the new innate blinks (Odonata's flares, Elytron's core vent), making new abilities to replace their spots
  • Charging up more than one blink at a time
  • Removing collision damage, adding wall running equivalent
  • Odonata's Seeking Missiles do next to no damage in a small range over a long period of time; needs more anime
  • Elytron's 1 and 4 could easily be condensed into a single tap-or-hold ability, leaving space for more worthwhile abilities
  • Itzal's Arch Line would benefit from some additional hook & reel sound effects, as well as better behaviors for different targets;
    • Latching onto large flying targets (Ogma+ sized ships, Pursuit's Courier, Jordas Golem etc.) and keeping close until target dies or ability is reactivated
    • Pulling to user and applying Lifted status effect to smaller/grounded targets
    • Disconnecting line sooner when hooking onto ground/walls etc., when getting too close to the targeted point to prevent being held in

Amesha absolutely needs something done before it trivialises all space battles in Empyrean, but I'm not sure what to suggest.

Looking forward to the Empyrean and the modular archwing!

1. How will individual Railjack customizations be handled when you have multiple players in your squad for railjack missions? Does everyone see their own railjack, or only the host's?

2. Will Empyrian expand the lich system in any way?

3. Any word on changes to Blink (both in range and cooldown and in regards to the lack of breaking missile locks) and a change to the replacement for Itzal's 1? It went from a useful ability to a joke now.

4. Will we have an option to start the game from the Railjack directly or even the dojo, or will we still only start in the Orbiter and have to make our way to the dojo to start Railjack content?

5. Any plans on tweaking the mercy kill mechanic to allow us to actually get a chance to get the mercy kill? Right now most of the time when you see the parazon icon pop up on an enemy you don't have enough time to react and press the key to do the animation because they die right away. Maybe add a second or two of invulnerability while "saving" the damage they take so if you decide not to do it they still die after the invulnerability period similar to Nyx targets or Titania's Lanterns.

6. Any changes to Covert Lethality? It'd be nice to be able to still one-shot any enemy provided the right condiitons are met (ie max Covert Lethality and max Finishing Blow as opposed to an unranked Covert Lethality and that's it).

7. Will there be any additional lich colors or abilities they will get in the future? Will our allied liches be buffed or use their abilities when helping us? Any additional personalities?

1 hour ago, TioTrix said:

is it possible to play solo? or do i need other players?

This question bothers me since the TennoCon. I mean, this is great that the DE crew brings more purpose to be connected to other Tennos, but I'm not sure I'd personally want or be able to play co-op Railjack missions all the time. Will there be options?

During last Tennecon You showed us different types/designes of Railjacks. Will those be treated as different crafts (with building those 6 costly parts) or some kind of skins? Also, would we get to fly some interceptor-type space ships in future updates or just Archwing?

Can we please have the option to unbind the "hold E" for heavy attack. Constantly loosing my combo count sucks.

Also, any plans to increase spawns for single players? At the very least in survival, and Sanctuary Onslaught?

And Empyrean, could we have a Railjack Dex skin for the anniversary this year?

1 hour ago, Afterburner_X said:

Will that fancy Khora Deluxe Skin actually come before 2035? I'm really waiting for it. 

Any adjustments planned for Slide Crit Stats on Rivens/Maiming Strike (+150% Critical Chance on Slide)? Sacrificial Steel is +220% Critical Chance. Slide Crit is kinda bad in comparision now.

P.S. I really want to see an epic Blink revert/buff in this Devstream. ^__^

I believe one of their goals was to make slide crit not as powerful. They've voiced many disappointments about melee just being spin to win. They said it was never an intention and were unhappy about it. Personally I kinda like the idea of not just spinning away while using melee, but that's just my personal preference.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I will also bring up The Old Blood and Liches.

Aside from the system being thematically backwards and heavily toned down from what was shown back at Tennocon 2019, we could expect a better role and buff for converted Liches too? Them acting like a much weaker and generic Specter while being something to be traded isn't thrilling. I hope Empyrean offers them a place in our Railjacks for better interactions and expanded roles too.

La pregunta la haré en español porque jaja memes. ¿Empyrean traerá recursos completamente nuevos? Si es así, ¿las misiones de este nuevo modo de juego solo darán estos recursos o también se podrán obtener recursos antiguos y reliquias? Buenas tardes y coman paella

Is it normal/intended for players to be handed a 2 weeks trade ban for doing 4h30 of kuva survival (fissure)? I dont really understand the concept of punishing players for doing endurance runs when they are not much rewarding in the first place. Note that this has been a thing for years and is yet to be fixed, but before you were "only" trade banned after doing runs longer than 7h (at least most of the time). It would be awesome if one of your hundreds of employees could take a look at the auto trade ban system and actually fix it

UpKGtbU.png

Archived