Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Man Made His Own Game To Show How The Kuva Liches Should Be Improved

Sitchrea

10 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Look at this fan-made game and tell me this wouldn't be an incredible system. I would play this far, FAR more willingly than the simple murmer-farm Lich system we have now.

This is incredible! This would've been a mode based on both the gameplay experience of fighting your personal nemesis, and one that would've been rewarding. It's a system that puts gameplay first, whereas DE's system puts reward item grind and RNG first.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Vyra said:

I don't get it, where is the game?
It just looks like a phishing website with a profil maker?!
where is the game download?

Its a web game. You click a button and it RNGs the outcome. Think warframe but everything is a summary of the mission without playing the mission. Since remaking warframe would take a lot more time. This is just to show concept. More trail and error plus hunting of the lich. Removes the need to farm murmurs it seems like.

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 4

Pretty cool. Nice job to the author. You put your money where your mouth is. You developed a better system by yourself than DE did with a full team of developers. Bravo. Most people will say they could, but he actually did it, so, bravo.

The fact you can keep getting new weapons from the Lich is a good idea, imo.

• Like 7

Lol, didn't think much about it but I spent a while just clicking trying to kill the lich. Pretty fun lol

I will have to agree that I would rather play this system in game, than to just farm murmurs for 2 hours while poking every few times just to check combinations.

Edit: Man I just read about the various types of missions like recon, plunder, and especially purge, and they are the icing on the cake. Damn...

Edited by Kenmei
New findings
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kenmei said:

Lol, didn't think much about it but I spent a while just clicking trying to kill the lich. Pretty fun lol

I will have to agree that I would rather play this system in game, than to just farm murmurs for 2 hours while poking every few times just to check combinations.

Edit: Man I just read about the various types of missions like recon, plunder, and especially purge, and they are the icing on the cake. Damn...

This wouldn't require that much work to implement, so far as I'm aware. Half the work is already in-game, this would just include:

1. A new resource (intel)
  2. Hooking up mission interactions (Recon, Purge, Plunder, Etc.)
  3. New mission modifiers related to Lich Assets.

Am I missing anything? This really sounds like not too much work for a massively improved system.

Edited by Sitchrea

9 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

This wouldn't require that much work to implement, so far as I'm aware. Half the work is already in-game, this would just include:

1. A new resource (intel)
  2. Hooking up mission interactions (Recon, Purge, Plunder, Etc.)
  3. New mission modifiers related to Lich Assets.

Am I missing anything? This really sounds like not too much work for a massively improved system.

I am no programmer, thus I don't know if this can be done easily or not. But I think it definitely is worthy of receiving a look from DE.

I just killed my lich

A0B4fnV.png

I don't know if others will agree with me, but I personally would find it pretty cool if at the end of those days you would get a guaranteed ephemera by killing or converting the lich.

I think it would be less rng, and more of a reward.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

The biggest complaint I have so far is that the optimal way to play is to just grind recon missions over and over. 

Maybe introduce special Lich missions through timed alerts instead?

Did you play the game referenced in the OP?

11 minutes ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

Yeah, I did. I was saying that you can just do recon missions over and over again to get all the intel you could ever need. That'll just end up in the trap of doing the same missions over and over again.

Yeah i see what you're saying. I think high risk/reward missions are a good idea, limited time missions that randomly pop up. If you click the "intel missions" tab, there are some neat ideas for missions, but i havent actually been able to execute any of those missions. Perhaps I don't full understand the Author's system, or its not yet implemented.

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah i see what you're saying. I think high risk/reward missions are a good idea, limited time missions that randomly pop up. If you click the "intel missions" tab, there are some neat ideas for missions, but i havent actually been able to execute any of those missions. Perhaps I don't full understand the Author's system, or its not yet implemented.

You execute the missions directly from the "intel missions" tab

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Pretty cool. Nice job to the author. You put your money where your mouth is. You developed a better system by yourself than DE did with a full team of developers. Bravo. Most people will say they could, but he actually did it, so, bravo.

The fact you can keep getting new weapons from the Lich is a good idea, imo.

Theory and implementation in a complex game are two very different things. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Theory and implementation can be

The difference is mostly assets, which they have in game (mostly). and yes because hes got a standalone game he doesn't have to go through the pain of integrating the code into Warframe. Still though... this isn't a very complex system, and there are definitely things DE could learn from it. It's closer to the system i had expected when DE first spoke of it.

Edited by Skaleek

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Theory and implementation can be

All of the assets are already in the game, this would theoretically just be a programming thing.

• Like 1