Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ps4 free plat vs purchased plat such bs.

(PSN)Grovskie

this is such bs . i saved up for a skin and because 100 of the plat i had was "free" plat it will not let me buy this tennogen item . it's treating my plat as if it were dirty . its forcing me to either buy purchased plat or trade till i get 100p more. this needs to be removed . there needs to be a seperate tab for gifted/ free plat. beacuse its deciving AF. thoughts anyone.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Grovskie said:

this is such bs . i saved up for a skin and because 100 of the plat i had was "free" plat it will not let me buy this tennogen item . it's treating my plat as if it were dirty . its forcing me to either buy purchased plat or trade till i get 100p more. this needs to be removed . there needs to be a seperate tab for gifted/ free plat. beacuse its deciving AF. thoughts anyone.

Despite similarities, purchased platinum and free platinum are evidently treated as two different currencies by the system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Despite similarities, purchased platinum and free platinum are evidently treated as two different currencies by the system.

it needs a seperate tab for that reason otherwise it just looks deciving when u go buy something you saving for.

9 minutes ago, KazuXSora said:

100 plat isn't that hard. Be happy you can buy tennogen with plat compare to us.

imagin 1$ of the 6.99 u use to buy somthing being treated diffrently even tho its all under the same cash tab. thats what im trying to point out.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Grovskie said:

Your starting 50 Free Plat is untradable so that I can't just make a bunch of free accounts and trade all their Free Plat to my main account. However all your Free Plat is always spent first, so that if you ever spend 50 Plat or more in the market, you are guaranteed to have 0 Free Plat and all other Plat you ever have is Normal Plat

But I do find it weird that you're not allowed to buy Tennogen items with Free Plat either, I can't think of a reason why they would do that

Trade-able and Un-trade-able platinum absolutely need to be displayed differently in the client.

I've never understood why they're lumped together when they're functionally different currencies.

It's a no-brainer to add this to the UI at some point. (up to the dev team to decide when they can fit in such a minor adjustment that would remove much confusion.)

As for discussion points: "where" to display it, or whether or not to display a combined plat total as well as the individual entries - my suggestion would be a hover-over tooltip that splits the total plat into its 2 categories (a simple PlatIcon: Untradeable/Tradeable with a slash split between them might not be intuitive.)

ALSO I would remove the untradeable plat total from the UI when looking to purchase an item that cannot use untradeable plat as the currency to purchase it, while also changing the color of the plat number, to indicate that some has been removed, and it's not just a display bug, which might arise as a confusion from that. Hovering over the plat should reveal the same tool tip splitting the categories for easy recognition, along with a tip that points out that untradeable plat cannot be used for the current item being viewed.)

IMO you should be forced to use starter plat on slots. (Similar to how mobile games give you some of the premium currency and then force you to spend it to teach you what it's used for.) That is the best use, and is recommended by the vast majority of players. 

That would eliminate almost all of the complaints about untradeable plat.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Contracts with tennogen creators is probably the reason why you cant use free plat.

If my understanding of the differences between Tennogen on Console vs PC that shouldn't be an issue. 

On PC There is a direct profit sharing between the creators and DE where as on consoles DE buys the rights to the Tennogen outright for an up front lump sum. So from that point onward the Tennogen creators are functionally out of the loop as far as profit sharing is concerned. 

The reason that you can't buy Tennogen on PC with plat is because of the volume of hollow platinum in existence (plat that was sold years ago and not claimed resulting in the money from said transaction long since having been used) So if DE was to allow plat transactions DE would need to pay the creators out of pocket and operate at a loss. 

Now theoretically it would be similar on consoles because DE has paid upfront and they want to dig out of that hole as quickly as possible however not accepting their own gratis Platinum seems a bit messed up. Since DE at that point holds all the rights on that specific platform. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

If my understanding of the differences between Tennogen on Console vs PC that shouldn't be an issue. 

On PC There is a direct profit sharing between the creators and DE where as on consoles DE buys the rights to the Tennogen outright for an up front lump sum. So from that point onward the Tennogen creators are functionally out of the loop as far as profit sharing is concerned. 

The reason that you can't buy Tennogen on PC with plat is because of the volume of hollow platinum in existence (plat that was sold years ago and not claimed resulting in the money from said transaction long since having been used) So if DE was to allow plat transactions DE would need to pay the creators out of pocket and operate at a loss. 

Now theoretically it would be similar on consoles because DE has paid upfront and they want to dig out of that hole as quickly as possible however not accepting their own gratis Platinum seems a bit messed up. Since DE at that point holds all the rights on that specific platform. 

DE would have to pay creators regardless for each transaction, DE couldn't get that back with free plat.

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson

13 hours ago, (PS4)Grovskie said:

it needs a seperate tab for that reason otherwise it just looks deciving when u go buy something you saving for.

imagin 1$ of the 6.99 u use to buy somthing being treated diffrently even tho its all under the same cash tab. thats what im trying to point out.

You know, you're right that it's an imperfect system, but it exists for a good reason, and I wholeheartedly support the free vs paid plat distinction. 

Try to have a different perspective on it though, if you're able to; sure, it's annoying, but it's a system that exists for a good reason (to prevent abuse), and it only concerns the very first platinum ever. Once you have spent that initial platinum the problem will also cease to exist forever. So while you have a reason to be somewhat frustrated, it is, however, a system that we need, and after a very small amount of time it won't ever bother you again 🙂 

Edited by Salenzar
typos

14 hours ago, (PS4)Grovskie said:

I understand you are upset and I agree that improvements can be made to how free plat is listed in-game but you sound entirely ignorant to how the market economy is a huge benefit for console players.

1) Console players can purchase Tennogen items with purchased/traded plat, while PC can only purchase Tennogen with cash.

2) Free plat cannot be traded but is spent first on all applicable market items. The only restriction is that free plat cannot be used on Tennogen (probably due to how the creators get a cut and the spent plat needs to have a cash value). Note that you can purchase bundled market items with free plat.

3) I completely agree that free plat should be listed separately. Currently the only way to see it is to trade with another player and to note the available amount of tradable plat, then to subtract that amount from your total plat. DE definitely needs to improve this for console players.

4) While consoles do not get discounts on plat purchases from daily rewards, we regularly get bundled plat or discounts on plat purchases. Use these discounts to purchase all of your Tennogen items. Remember, PC can only ever purchase Tennogen with cash. So again, console players can trade for plat and get Tennogen for free, or purchase dicounted plat and use that to purchase Tennogen items.

5) Pro-tip: Use your free plat to purchase frame/weapon slots or market bundles as these are not inclued with the daily login discount. Use your daily login discount to purchase non-Tennogen cosmetics like deluxe skins. Use all traded or discounted plat to purchase Tennogen or bundled market items.

Good luck Tenno!

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

14 hours ago, (PS4)Grovskie said:

Uh.... You got free plat, given to you it's got no value. DE has to pay the creators of the TennoGen items a cut of the price for their work in making something cool. 

What fraction of zero is going to cover that cost? 

The free plat is a way to help newbs and f2p players to buy necessities in the game so they can continue to play. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

DE would have to pay creators regardless for each transaction, DE couldn't get that back with free plat.

Not sure if you're getting it, on consoles DE outright owns the Tennogen they do not pay the creators for each transaction. They pay them in one lump sum up front. After that DE owns those assets on that console. 

9 minutes ago, Salenzar said:

and it only concerns the very first platinum ever. Once you have spent that initial platinum the problem will also cease to exist forever.

I spent all my starter plat on PS4 long ago. I've won 2 official give-aways, and I've made several purchases. I currently have 230some plat that are untradable.

It's clearly not my starter plat, and it's not the 100 plat from the current booster pack, since I haven't claimed it yet. (waiting until I can make good use of the included 7-day affinity booster) So there are other ways to get more "untradeable plat" after the initial starter plat. I'm not sure what portion of my plat came from these sources that made it untradeable.

It can only benefit players to know their separate types of plat, given it is the premium currency of the game. There's no good reason to argue against this clarification in the UI. (not even "dev's precious time", when you consider this is stuff many people pay real money for.)

16 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

I spent all my starter plat on PS4 long ago. I've won 2 official give-aways, and I've made several purchases. I currently have 230some plat that are untradable.

It's clearly not my starter plat, and it's not the 100 plat from the current booster pack, since I haven't claimed it yet. (waiting until I can make good use of the included 7-day affinity booster) So there are other ways to get more "untradeable plat" after the initial starter plat. I'm not sure what portion of my plat came from these sources that made it untradeable.

It can only benefit players to know their separate types of plat, given it is the premium currency of the game. There's no good reason to argue against this clarification in the UI. (not even "dev's precious time", when you consider this is stuff many people pay real money for.)

Check the official giveaways. 

Ok so I was messing around in the dojo trying to get stuff in order and I clicked on a room being built. I noticed that the player owned plat, does not match the number I normally see. 

I am guessing that correlates to non-tradeable plat being factored out. Not sure why it wouldn't show on the rush screen for a dojo room, but at least it may be a reliable way to check your balances. Hope it helps. 

On 2019-12-06 at 10:36 PM, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Okay that's just plain weird. I've never heard of something like that. As far as I know, only the initial 50 free plat should have that restriction, and beyond that, well, nothing. So either I'm not completely informed about this topic, or there is a bug going on with your platinum balance, and you might want to contact customer support.

If it's true, however, that there are other sources of untradeable plat in the game beyond the starter amount, then DE really needs to make that clear, and then the complaints in this thread would all be completely valid.