Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A gripe about railjack players

MewStar5

Don't sit on turrets, don't ignore everything else, you make it much harder when you stick your thumb up your ass and ignore boarders, fires, damage and then die while on a turret. 

Also open the map before you go onto turrets or pilot, so you can see whats happening in the ship if you seriously have issues paying attention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MewStar5 said:

Don't sit on turrets, don't ignore everything else, you make it much harder when you stick your thumb up your ass and ignore boarders, fires, damage and then die while on a turret. 

What about the people that keep dying in their AW? What about pilots that don't pay attention? What about away teams that cannot do objectives?

Why target the people using turrets? 

• Like 2

What about the people who all leave their posts to deal with those things, when a single one is (or should be) capable of doing it alone?

I don't know how many times I had to tell people with clear low Engineering (from crafting times and output) that one engineer per ship is enough.

when you sit on a turret the entire match, and do nothing else. you aint helping. Pilots should be piloting, everyone else should be rotating, turrets, fixing, arcwings, attacking the cruisers. if two people just sit on their ass while a forth tries to do everything, you lose.

14 minutes ago, MewStar5 said:

Also open the map before you go onto turrets or pilot, so you can see whats happening in the ship if you seriously have issues paying attention.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you're right.

they should be playing their Shawzin instead, get some epic music going as your ship explodes and you die.

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What about the people that keep dying in their AW? What about pilots that don't pay attention? What about away teams that cannot do objectives?

Why target the people using turrets? 

9 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

still better than those who just throw themselves out of the airlock

6 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

What about the people who all leave their posts to deal with those things, when a single one is (or should be) capable of doing it alone?

I don't know how many times I had to tell people with clear low Engineering (from crafting times and output) that one engineer per ship is enough.

3 minutes ago, Zebra-Nation said:

Remember Tenno: We all lift together.

This means in Railjack, even if you have a preferred role, you do what needs to be done if no one else is doing it.

Remember, on this ship we work before we play.

1 minute ago, HappyFishxas said:

"Don't sit on turrets"

I lol'd. 

It sounds like you didnt communicate clearly who will be the Engineer, who will be heading out and who will be the gunner, maybe a pub mission then expecting them to know their own roles. 

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Exactly why I will not pub, and we should have a legitimate solo option. Just lol 😅

Usually ppl sit on the turrets because they don't know about the boarders and such.

(Especially players who new to Railjack don't know this.)

And without having the Tactical interface It's harder to keep the ship in check. Even with CY telling you what's happening. In a big fight he's just some white noise.

Edited by JackHargreav

I've so far managed to successfully solo every node on Earth. Not sure how much more difficult the other areas will become but I enjoy the challenge of trying to maintain all roles at once though there still is a lot of fun with a full crew.

The reason it sounds Mew is targeting gunners is because 90% of the time they pilot. What she really means is just screw off to anyone who enters the mission and spends 90% of their time running around like a chicken with their head cut off, ignoring repair orders, two people trying to hijack the same crew ship while one dude is out there trying to melee fighters in his archwing (I've seen it, trust me.)

And yeah, you might think, "Oh, just communicate better, no problem." But in PUGs, most people don't even ever look at group chat. They're used to warframe easy mode, run in kill everything with no real strategy, get your loot and leave. Railjack is more complex than that, it's a machine with moving parts that require a minimal degree of strategy especially as difficulty progresses.

Over all however I think the real problem is just that Railjack is very new and not very much like the other content we've done before. You do a defense mission, an assassination, you don't sit there like "We need a tank, a healer, a dps, etc." Only for Eidolons and ESO is there any degree of strategy and not everyone does those. So Railjack is new and unlike most of the content we have which means there's a learning curve to it and a period of adjustment.

The other half of the equation is that PUGs are about as reliable as weather forecasts in the American midwest, which is to say not reliable at all. So bring friends when you can and when you can't...Just imagine you're playing with a handicap.

15 minutes ago, MewStar5 said:

...if two people just sit on their ass while a forth tries to do everything, you lose.

except you dont, because all the actual repairs involve is to apply ducktape once a minute, which you can do 6 times before you run of resources for a total of over 6 minutes invulnerability even with the most inept crew you could possibly imagine. Thats so much time that even those people tend to win.

Edited by -skimmer-

il y a 49 minutes, MewStar5 a dit :

hahaha! :crylaugh:

It is not the fault of the players who want to play the game however they want.

And now, enjoy your new cooperative system.

Originally I suggested 8 player squads for RJ missions but I could settle with 6 player squads only to have more people going out and still have enough people inside the ship for the other tasks, too bad there isn't more interaction, it would be cool to have a console where the engineer can redirect shield power to front, back or the sides for example, some small auto-turrets too and basically help "healing" the ship in a more active way instead of waiting for a random rupture to pop.

Ah yes, the ever present issue of the co-op game.

Everybody is either just trying to complete things to the best of their ability (which may not be enough) or is utterly enraged that other people aren't playing the game "right".

47 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

tenor.gif

Exactly why I will not pub

Pass the popcorn, this thread is gonna be a great Christmas comedy special.

These are many reasons i go solo, since i prefer to just park the Railjack inside an asteroid, and then just pew-pew everyting with Imp vandal, it's the cheesiest way possible, but it's the only way i know in order to avoid wasting resources for bs and random repairs and such, until i get some proper reactor and MK 2 a/o 3 turrets at least and try this content properly (i'm not repeating Earth Prox missions, screw that).

Last time i got in public there was a MR 7.... seven! just imagine this random running around in circles.... there's people piloting the Railjack (MY Railjack) and then just leaves it in front of the Galleon... like "hello?! what the hell you think you're doing?!" Not to mention when people refines forge resources with almost 0 Omni Rev left. It's infuriating on so many levels and possibilities, and so i decided to go solo, and go chill killing fighters.

1 hour ago, MewStar5 said:

One person needs to step up and type in chat that they will be engineer -or- the pilot simply needs to delegate.

The host is pilot, leaving 2 spots for gunnery and slingshots. None of these roles should have to worry about fires/boarders.

The only time breaches and fires get out of hand is due to poor positioning on the pilots part and/or slow kill progress because gunners and slings are doubling up on repairs.

Solve the engineer and the rest falls into place. I'm managing just fine in pubs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xBloodySin said:

I know, right?

Those are the F***ING WORST aren't they?

Ah, but then again maybe they're just havin' fun? 😉

Edited by Soldatto

3 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Exactly why I will not pub, and we should have a legitimate solo option. Just lol 😅

Ironically enough, random low MR players have been the best teammates I could've wished for, I guess they're so nervous about doing well they exceed that arbitrary number and outdo some of the MR 20+ guys.

When I join a crew I make it clear what I am and what is expected. 

"if I am your engineer, leave the ships insides to me, you worry about stuff on the outside" 

So far, even with a completely unmodded ship I have kept it in one piece as long as there were prustels and diodes to spare. 

A pilot should move so that the ship takes less damage but also gets enough resources to keep afloat, 

A gunner should just concentrate on shooting. 

This is assuming you have a full squad, in partial squads I sometimes double duty as engineer /gunner / crewship wrecker. 

Have tactical unlocked to teleport me back to the ship and around. 

I can quite literally while under imminent failure countdown, still knock out the the crews reactor, port back to the railjack, make some omni and put out the breach with 5 seconds to spare (not suggested but possible) 

An engineer is as important as the rest of the crew, don't ask others to do your job, get better at your job or stop having expectations. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you're right.

they should be playing their Shawzin instead, get some epic music going as your ship explodes and you die.

Thats what i have been doing but i suck at playing. Smiles from furan is my favourite song to play. Calm and cool while the ship is on fire