Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sad at Railjack size

Queen-Ivara

Unpopular and not tecchy person rant;

In the dry dock you see this majestic, huge Edit: interceptor ready to decimate the Grineer, inside of it its huge and amazing..

Outside of it within a mission it's about 1/3 to 1/2 the size or so

I really wish it could be scaled up more. I know it's probably for pc performance and not having a giant asset with tons of polygons eating peoples GPU's but you know.. it really would be nice for it to be bigger. it's not like you have to fly through any tunnels or have any issues maneuvering around bases to hit radiators.

Or maybe it would make the hit box too big? But either way a well equipped railjack like a friend of mine that i pilot for him is almost always above 4100 out of the 6000 HP it has consistently if thats another worry point.

Edit I'm stupid and looked at the wiki, it is an interceptor... But still half the size of the drydock one

Edited by Queen-Ivara

hace 3 minutos, Goodwill dijo:

I agree, the scaling is completely off. Hopefully DE can resolve this one way or another. Even if they were to scale down the drydock model (and the interior of the ship as well. Cut out a floor or few).

Personally, I would like the size in the space to adapt to the size we already have in the DryDock.

5 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Personally, I would like the size in the space to adapt to the size we already have in the DryDock.

Same, but at the end of the day I just want them the same size. If for whatever design reason DE decides to not upscale the space model, then at least downscale the other models.

Besides, the Railjack itself is pretty empty so I don't think it would be much of a loss in its current state.

Edited by Goodwill

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's really not THAT small. That's just the perspective of the Archwing. I went right up close to one and it was still huge. It looks small until you're touching it.

True but its still smaller, go jump on yours sitting in the drydock xd

I know it would be a low priority but im all about the aesthetics xD

Edited by Queen-Ivara

im more bothered that the inside and outside do not match.

Gunner seat is shown to be far above the engine, yet seeing it from the outside you realize how impossible this is. Makes it feel like 2 separate groups worked on the inside and outside and didn't communicate well on how everything is supposed to match up. the interior also feels a lot wider then the exterior. it's not a big deal, but it irks me sometimes.

1 hour ago, PurrrningBoop said:

RJ was never advertised as a battleship though, it's an interceptor.

According to Cy, "Interceptors" are the single-pilot fighter craft (cutter, flak, etc.)

The RJ, sitting at a whopping 225 meters (the real life UUS Iowa battleship is 270 meters) and sporting a massive artillery cannon, is more like a frigate or attack sub. Maybe a corvette, depending whether the Gokstad Crewship really is a crew ship or a corvette

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

55 минут назад, TARINunit9 сказал:

According to Cy, "Interceptors" are the single-pilot fighter craft (cutter, flak, etc.)

I'd have to review Cy's lines, unfortunately I don't remember this part.

55 минут назад, TARINunit9 сказал:

The RJ, sitting at a whopping 225 meters (the real life UUS Iowa battleship is 270 meters) and sporting a massive artillery cannon, is more like a frigate or attack sub. Maybe a corvette, depending whether the Gokstad Crewship really is a crew ship or a corvette

I don't disagree with you, but would like to point out that the warship size grows with each generation to accomodate for new harware and their roles. As an example a Cold War era BIS-68 series Cruiser is 210m in lenght, where as Krasnyy Krim (which served in WW2) sits at 158m (apologies, my knowledge is fairly limited when it comes to warships). Personally, I lean towards RJ being a destroyer due to it's size and amount of armaments.

Edited by PurrrningBoop

1 hour ago, Implodingbanana said:

Gunner seat is shown to be far above the engine, yet seeing it from the outside you realize how impossible this is. Makes it feel like 2 separate groups worked on the inside and outside and didn't communicate well on how everything is supposed to match up. the interior also feels a lot wider then the exterior. it's not a big deal, but it irks me sometimes.

Not to mention we have the same interior layout even with different skin applied.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Implodingbanana said:

Its because the Tenno are not using windows.

They are using cameras to show the outside.

1 hour ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Not to mention we have the same interior layout even with different skin applied.

Because its not that important?

Save new interior efforts for new classes of ship if they come.

Effecting layout with skins on the same ship would produce the same problem as arcane helms. Choosing and forced to perhaps buying specific skins for the optimal floor plans. Or just never selling some skins because its a "bad" or just least optimal floor plan.

And gameplay wise, everyone knows where everything is inside no matter the skin.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Queen-Ivara:

Unpopular and not tecchy person rant;

In the dry dock you see this majestic, huge Edit: interceptor ready to decimate the Grineer, inside of it its huge and amazing..

Outside of it within a mission it's about 1/3 to 1/2 the size or so

I really wish it could be scaled up more. I know it's probably for pc performance and not having a giant asset with tons of polygons eating peoples GPU's but you know.. it really would be nice for it to be bigger. it's not like you have to fly through any tunnels or have any issues maneuvering around bases to hit radiators.

Or maybe it would make the hit box too big? But either way a well equipped railjack like a friend of mine that i pilot for him is almost always above 4100 out of the 6000 HP it has consistently if thats another worry point.

Edit I'm stupid and looked at the wiki, it is an interceptor... But still half the size of the drydock one

i actually had a bug and yes, it was as silly as it sounds:

an enemy crewship spawned in my drydock after a mission and started flying/clipping around whilst shooting. spawned in the drydock slightly below and in front of my railjack.

my computer manages warframe 200fps + at times if i disable v-sync and whilst it was a bug and probably had strange technical interaction my frames went to below 10. i still think performance wouldnt be the reason for a scale change since railjack missions run super well, averaging for me around 160 frames without v-sync. thats a bit more than on open world maps with lots of enemies/effects on screen.

my point though is that their size was more or less identical so i think what is done is warframes in arch wing mode are scaled up so that they arent even smaller in comparison.

thats just my assumption because i cant imagine that enemy crewship scaling up in my drydock since that was a bug anyway so i think it spawned with its original size.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Corvid:

I mean, the in-game waypointing system gives its length as ~200 metres both in flight and in the drydock.

this supports that assumption.

Edited by Xydeth

12 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Because its not that important?

Save new interior efforts for new classes of ship if they come.

Effecting layout with skins on the same ship would produce the same problem as arcane helms. Choosing and forced to perhaps buying specific skins for the optimal floor plans. Or just never selling some skins because its a "bad" or just least optimal floor plan.

And gameplay wise, everyone knows where everything is inside no matter the skin.

the problem for me doesn't come from the interior being the same, it's from the pieces of the ship you see from the inside(the top piece with the slingshot and engines) being the same as the default ship despite having one of the other 2 equipped. It's not a huge deal, it's purely cosmetic after all, but it would be nice to have them match. 

16 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

s-l1000.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Think about it: It's main guns are totally worthless against any kind of real warship, but are fine for fending off small craft and fighters, while it's got a fixed forward Sunday punch that can kill or cripple ships... but it's got extremely limited ammo. 

It's also got no longevity- no crew accommodations or anything, and only a little cargo space, and it's *terribly* designed for a ship of the line with all the big empty rooms and such limited subdividing.