Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, can you please make the loots drop on Empyrean automatic go into inventory

vitreloy

Perhaps make it so that there's a "Tractor Beam" effect wherever the pilot/gunners are looking that extends the pickup range, rather than just making the radius around the ship bigger.

Still requires a bit of active input from the players, but not overly tedious.

Am 28.12.2019 um 09:58 schrieb Smilomaniac:

DE has a hard-on for players wasting time picking up items. I suspect it's Scott, because he likes to rationalize things like this, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, they keep sneaking it in, like the reactant (fixed since), sentient cores, ayatan stars and other little stuff.

It's basically developer ego at play, it happens in all games and it's as annoying as its ever been.

I agree, i sometimes think he is one of those Developers who thinks he knows better what players want and wants to dictate how we have to play the game.

I watched an interesting Video some time ago from a Magic: The Gathering Dev which was about what he has learned in 20 years Developing the same game.

I will post it here since its really interesting even if you dont know Magic, and many things he says can be applied to different games.

At one part he says something like:

"Dont try to make the playerbase play the game like you imagine it - acknowledge how players (want to) play the game and design it around it"

In these forums we can frequently see players saying "Its their game - so its their choice how they want to design it".

But who is playing the game? We, the playerbase, not the Devs - its our game just as much and trying to force the playerbase into something they dont like can ruin a game.

Coming back to Uni-Vac in Railjack - they might want us to fly around after a mission to collect everything - think this has more flavour - imagine it to be a relaxing end of a mission or makes it more interesting ...whatever they want it to be, if the players dont like how something works they have to rethink it instead of saying "Thats not what we had in mind designing it, we want it to be like this" - i've heard phrases like this a few times in DevStreams over the past 2 years, and they really should rethink this attitude.

Anyway, here is the Vid if someone is interested in it:

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

In these forums we can frequently see players saying "Its their game - so its their choice how they want to design it".

The flip side of that is of course "it's my time/money - so it's my choice if I want to spend it on their game or somewhere else".

At the end of the day, being a game dev is a job. It's a job creating an entertainment product. An entertainment product that is consumed by its audience, us. In other words, the job of a game dev is to entertain us, not themselves. Telling game devs what their game should be is not entitlement (contrary to what the white knights would have you believe), it's doing the devs a favor by letting them know what we want, which they need to know because giving us what we want is literally their job, for which we reward them with our time and money. Just like the job of a chef is to cook the meal you ordered, not the one they might prefer. Because guess what, if they don't give us what we want, we'll just go elsewhere for it. And we are, according to Steamcharts. The days of 120K+ concurrent players are long gone, and it doesn't look like Railjack has done jack sh*t to bring them back.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I agree, i think he is one of those Developers who thinks he knows better what players want and wants to dictate how we have to play the game.

I watched an interesting Video some time ago from a Magic: The Gathering Dev which was about what he has learned in 20 years Developing the same game.

I will post it here since its really interesting even if you dont know Magic, and many things he says can be applied to different games.

At one part he says something like:

"Dont try to make the playerbase play the game like you imagine it - acknowledge how players (want to) play the game and design it around it"

But who is playing the game? We, the playerbase, not the Devs - its our game just as much and trying to force the playerbase into something they dont like can ruin a game.

Coming back to Uni-Vac in Railjack - they might want us to fly around after a mission to collect everything - think this has more flavour - imagine it to be a relaxing end of a mission or makes it more interesting ...whatever they want it to be, if the players dont like how something works they have to rethink it instead of saying "Thats not what we had in mind designing it, we want it to be like this" - i've heard phrases like this a few times in DevStreams over the past 2 years, and they really should rethink this attitude.

Thanks, I'll check out the video. I agree with everything you said.

Developer ego/arrogance is definitely a thing.
Back when World of Warcraft was still relatively new, there was a weak exploit called 'wall walking', where you could walk along steep walls without sliding off. People used it to explore, get to hard-to-reach spots and into walled off areas (which had interesting stuff in it, one place being a test ground for a potential expansion).
After a while Blizzard started banning people for it and rather than fix the exploit, they'd make the areas teleport you out - Something they still do to this day.

If there's anything you can be sure of, it's that people will break your game and how you deal with it really sets the image of you as a developer.

Developing might be their job, but a lot of us have played games for decades and have a pretty damn good feel for what's good and what isn't.
I know exactly why they want us picking up loot, because it breaks the monotony of combat and you're supposed to get excited when you get something good. Problem is, that tiny dopamine hit for picking up ayatan stars gets pretty damn weak after a while and I'm at the point where I'll even skip amber stars, if they're more than a tile away.

At the moment it's Railjack items and I miss half the drops anyway because *everything* pops up like it's some sort of important reward (UI being another one of DE's weak points).

• Like 1

21 час назад, VanFanel1980mx сказал:

You are basically asking for univac in space, DE hates univac.

Yeeeah if only we could give resources as rewards at the end of the mission if nothin else.

Oh wait.

How they **** up vacuum for a thing like that and released this broken garbage in 2019 is beyond me, when community was on that topic for YEARS. Its as like they never learn, dont even try.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, vitreloy said:

lol, 500 meters? Look at this picture, the loot is right on my face and I'm not collecting it.

FcfQYZfdJI9qUBPsSE_vD4oFfN9ZPny7vZHhunXW

250 metre radius (500 metre total area where loot will be collected)… for the RAILJACK.

The Archwing, unsurprisingly, does not have the same vacuum range as a spaceship some ten times it's size. As I pointed out, that is likely intentional to make using the railjack itself more appealing.

43 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

250 metre radius (500 metre total area where loot will be collected)… for the RAILJACK.

The Archwing, unsurprisingly, does not have the same vacuum range as a spaceship some ten times it's size. As I pointed out, that is likely intentional to make using the railjack itself more appealing.

Unfortunately, the loot usually is easier to spot with the Archwing.

Maybe we should use a spotter-gatherer system? One spots and marks the loot, the other collects it.

(Not possible, I think - you can only mark one item at a time...)

Or a special vacuum gun for the side turrets?

Edited by Rejutka_Lupex

On 2019-12-28 at 11:04 AM, -Temp0- said:

Yeeeah if only we could give resources as rewards at the end of the mission if nothin else.

Oh wait.

How they **** up vacuum for a thing like that and released this broken garbage in 2019 is beyond me, when community was on that topic for YEARS. Its as like they never learn, dont even try.

They don't want to, they want missions to be as unrewarding as possible.

28 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

They don't want to, they want missions to be as unrewarding as possible.

Yep, to sell boosters and repair drones. Yay for the f*cking pay-to-skip business model, incentivizing devs to deliberately make their games tedious chores to motivate you to pay to not have to play them.

Does that seem right to you?

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Yep, to sell boosters and repair drones. Yay for the f*cking pay-to-skip business model, incentivizing devs to deliberately make their games tedious chores to motivate you to not have ot play them.

Does that seem right to you?

According to 90% of the forum and redditors is OK because it is still notP2W.