Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are credit bundles still in-game?

ModernDarpa

I was just looking at the new empyrean items in the market and noticed that all 3 avionics bundles have the "Frugal Credit Bundle" in them.
Why do these credit bundles still exist and why are they put in other bundles?

They don't have any benefits to them, they're harmful to new players who wouldn't know any better and for some reason they're placed in other bundles.

There was a time when the credit bundles were given away as rewards for doing Conclave. Was a nice bit of change for playing with others.

Besides that, it's mainly there for those who have tons of plat to help out new players that need credits....but that was before the Index and Dark Sectors. Nowadays....there is no reason for them but would be nice to have them as rewards instead of 2000 credits.

• Like 2

So the other day I wanted to trade some mods to my dad, who's still just MR2, he didn't have the credits for even just the trade tax. Got him 1 frugal credit bundle. Did I hate having to do that? Sure. But mostly because it costs way too much for what it gives. Had it been more like 500k or something...

TL;DR: Inflations is so bad the credits are just way too worthless...

Throwing Money GIF by memecandy

2 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

So the other day I wanted to trade some mods to my dad, who's still just MR2, he didn't have the credits for even just the trade tax. Got him 1 frugal credit bundle. Did I hate having to do that? Sure. But mostly because it costs way too much for what it gives. Had it been more like 500k or something...

TL;DR: Inflations is so bad the credits are just way too worthless...

Throwing Money GIF by memecandy

So you chose to literally throw away plat instead of just taking him through the Index? Whatever floats your goat. 

No I didn't, he doesn't even know what it cost me, and I instantly made sure that the credits got used up. Traded him some basic damage + status mods, a couple of valana ayatan sculptures that were already maxed out for endo, then went and converted them to endo, then used the endo and credits to max out some of the mods. Made his starter frame and basic weapons viable enough he can start playing the quest-lines without needing to focus too much on farmville yet. Thats it.

edit: also worth mentioning my dad only became curious about warframe because of railjack. His primary purpose right now should be to get a archwing, but I'm trying to get him hooked on the rest via the quests.

Edited by Megalomaniakaal

Okay, but when it comes to "ruining the game by carrying him through everything" that is still basically exactly what you did. You gave him credits that he could not have gotten on his own. Whether you buy the credits with plat or run him through Hieracron or the Index, what difference does it make? The difference it makes is solely in your plat balance. 50 or 90p that you could have used to give him slots, or anything else other than the easiest resource to acquire.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

Those items are the same as the rest of the market. Convenience items if you need something done fast. Normally everything is farmable in this game, except the slots, but for slots only buying platinum is a waste so the devs introduced a lot of convenience methods to please the unpatient players. 

We have slots, skip crafting options, purchasable rescources, boosters, crafting materials or consumable like forma, potatoes, adapter etc. 

The whole game is like a web browser game where you can speed up your progress if you pay money. The slots makes it necessary to spend money on the game otherwise nothing else really needed only if you consider the in game purchasing is good. Normally you pay once for a game but in free to play games every gram and snippets of the game is order to sell to the players which is why most of the time players leave or avoid free to play games.

You can thrive in this game without spending a dime but for this you need players like me who spending money to buy platinum in order to getting slots.

Fundamentally these items are convenient and not traps, because you can decide to farm these or buy sometimes if you really needed something. I personally would like just remove the whole system and put cosmetic items into the market, and every item what you bought from the market, be more accessible in game. Need a booster, then play some and achieve x-y (reachable) goals and the game rewards you booster, credit bonus, extra rescources etc.

This would be nice but the problem is this generates money to the devs so they won't change this practice. For cosmetic only market they need speed up the tennogen creation ( accept more items ) and either make cosmetic items like 10x faster than they do.

• Like 3