Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.12 + 27.0.12.1

[DE]Megan

On 2020-01-30 at 12:26 PM, Authoritycat said:

Why do you want nothing to interact with anything in this game? Wukong toggle sprint. Mirage Ephemera nerf. It's stuff like this that adds variety and complexity to the game. Then you remove it for no good reason because it's "not intended"? What happened to the DE that allowed negative power strength Nova to work the way it does? Stop trying to rip the soul out of the game please! 

EDIT - On review, the Wukong thing was a decent nerf. I stand by that the Mirage synergy with the ephemera was really cool. Either way these are small things but they can have huge ramifications to players of the game. 

I think the Mirage+Ephemera change was because they generally want to keep cosmetics... well, cosmetic, with no significant impact on gameplay. Same reason they phased out arcane helmets a long time ago. In particular, having an ephemera of all things becoming an optimal part of a frame's loadout would set a really nasty precedent. DE usually does keep and encourage weird interactions with Eclipse, even going out of their way to restore its interaction with being on fire after the heat damage rework removed it.

On 2020-01-30 at 2:12 PM, Slayer-. said:

Same I don't want heavy attack on my alt fire, just remove it from the normal melee attack button that everyone is complaining about breaking their combos, alt fire is for my guns guns guns.

I want it to stay on the button I moved it to, my old channeling key bind (which is a keyboard bind) equip melee weapon hit heavy attack button BAM they're dead, or any other weapon that needs heavy attack to trigger.

5 hours ago, Authoritycat said:

Rebind the key. Of course that depends on alt fire and melee heavy attack being separate hotkeys. If they are, then rebind the key. 

I did rebind the key a few hotfixes back to use it as my new channeling keybind which works great, channeling got changed to heavy attack which works awesome for where the key sits, if they combine hold alt to heavy attack with the alt fire keybind I will not be impressed.

On 2020-02-01 at 9:18 AM, Gladiatar said:

From Dev stream 136 the way that Pablo was explaining the new Tech Frame abilities, sounds pretty cool. BUT, the only thing that bugs me about it, is the way Pablo was explaining the 4th ability, how you can pick a spot and rewind. He pretty much stole that ability from another game, which is Overwatch. You cant do that, you can get into BIG TROUBLE for doing so. So I'm hoping to god they change it, they can keep it to were you pick a location but maybe a nuke dropping from the sky or something. I just want it changed before Blizzard Entertainment finds out an Sue's you for taking or stealing there design or creation from Overwatch.

Let's stop for a moment.  Please answer me a question, and please consider that it is not meant to offend.  How old are you?

I ask this because you're citing Overwatch as though it did anything unique or novel with Tracer, and think that somehow they're going to get in trouble.  I could see this if you were 10 years old, and haven't played any games older than a 2017 release.

Let me jog your memory, because this one is amusing to me personally.

Blinx the Cat

Prince of Persia

Singularity

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

These are the titles, just off the top of my head, that Overwatch borrowed from to create the Tracer power set.  You'll note that the Zelda title was from the era of the N64.  

My point here is that Tracer is a rehash of old ideas.  This isn't exactly something new, and I've only cited video games.  If we were to looks at books the idea of rewinding and manipulating time is way older.  I don't care to do all of the research, but let's just call it a staple of science fiction which may well have been a Jules Verne literary origination (with a real possibility that oral histories and fables stretch back so much farther that my examples are a joke).

Focusing on what matters, the sound didn't work.  The power isn't shown well as to how it's limited and balanced.  On top of these concerns a free reset button is likely to break a lot of this game, should your reset point be in an area inaccessible to hack should there be a lockdown, or something barred after a scripted event (think AMbulas fight and locking doors).  This is going to be a nightmare of asterix notations to cover all the problems it will need to address, and thus is either going to be heavily retooled or another broken release.  As such, let's reserve judgement until DE has something more than notes scrawled on a cocktail napkin before losing our minds.

For those who would accuse me of being a hypocrite, my justification on this stance has not change from my anger with the recent releases.  My stance is that I am not going to give DE any love or hate until something is released.  Upon release the state of the thing will be compared to everything they have promised.  I will not happily wait months until the state of the thing is good enough to forget, and it's 70-80% of promised.  I consider this fair because DE is the one who buries themselves with promises, and delivers half baked.

On 2020-01-29 at 10:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Next Hotfix will restore the original Melee behaviour of it being opt-in only with Alt-Fire, 'Hold to Heavy Attack' is going away.

Fantastic news.

But please, please, please, for the love of the Void, I beg you: give us "Hold to Light Attack" instead. Why should I need to use a macro to play this game comfortably? Why expect players to mash mash mash mash mash the same button on their keyboards all day long?

On 2020-01-30 at 6:02 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

'Hold to Heavy Attack' is going away.

Could 'melee blocking in mid-air keeps us floating' goes away too? That is an obvious trolling because we cannot land and attack while our health keep getting chipped away in mid-air.

Please tell us who implemented that trolling mechanic?

On 2020-01-24 at 12:36 AM, 24ANGELS said:

Please make heavy attack a toggle again. It's really easy to lose all combo counter when spamming E fast. Thanks.

If you look the the settings, there's a key for quick attack. Not sure if it helps, though.

I was really happy for the shared loot in railjack, only thing it DOESNT work. My buddy who did the sentient ship got shedu parts while i was on my railjack and I didnt get it. I tryied to go back to the place where it dropped for him and it wasnt there (the same goes for my other 2 squadmates). AND I was NOT AFK (nor were my squad... obviously? ): I boarded the goddamn crewships, crafted , killed intruders, shot down fighters AND completed the other objective (I have my 3 squadmates to testify). How is this fair? Fix your AFK detector, its terrible and destroys gameplay.

Another thing: I did a railjack mission with laggy host and they got a rush repair drone as a skyrmish reward, and I got NOTHING as a reward.

Edit: I got the anomaly shard, only the shedu part is missing soooo.... ?

So....let's refresh on Railjack.  Some new bugs to go over, and I'll overlook anything else.

1. Organic pets respawn and die constantly.  Sentinels die and stay dead.
  2. The grineer using cold weapons ignore shielding.  Being a Zephyr absolutely sucks when they can kill you before you can react despite having turbulence running.  I'm assuming this is a bug.
  3. I've had a situation where I spawned in and had either my heavy weapon or secondary, but no primary.  I tried equipping the heavy, and it said I didn't have anything equipped.
  4. Mods work and don't.  I've literally switched and switched back and suddenly been able to kill enemies in 2-3 shots.  Before switching I dumped two clips of fully charged Opticor Vandal blasts in their face and never got a critical hit.  After, they melted.
  5. Projectiles still track archwings in flight.
  6. The 100% shared loot thing still isn't up to snuff.  I'm specifically calling out the sentient ship.
  7. There are occasionally missions where you can get on an infested ship and hack some terminals.  They don't seem to reward anything.  This seems like something you cut, but still found itself in the game. 

Looking forward to Liches sucking less, and eventually maybe even being good despite the grind.  It took a quarter of a year to react though, so it's hard to see this as anything close to stubborn apathy winning out.  Please, don't kill your community engagement.

Most of the Kuva Lich weapons are rubbish. Why would I give them 5 forms?
Give them an extra slot or something.
Or let every weapon have a Kuva version.
I understand players can up theys MR.
MR means nothing above 16. I have MR28 and I don't need a higher one for anything.
I'm not bored so much to hammer another nothing giving MR.
Anyway...
Like someone write. What I can do if I can't use that weapon because MR I have right to fight with Lich, but theys earned weaps dont have MR to use theys weapons for me - stupid ....
I don't see any way to using Kuva weapons in Solo missions. In a team, maybe, if theys kill better :)

7 hours ago, FunYourself said:

That's a question only you can answer. You will never need them for the extra couple thousand MR, because DE will always make new weapons, warframes, and other gear to rank up. Mastery rank is an infinite stream. 

So if the weapon is rubbish, don't put 5 forma into it. Don't potato it. Hell, you don't even have to rank it - you could obtain it and then sell it for 5,000 credits. Again, there is an infinite (until the game servers shut down) stream of mastery coming, because DE has to make new gear, so if you ever need mastery, you'll be able to find it.

5 hours ago, FunYourself said:

Give them an extra slot or something.
Or let every weapon have a Kuva version.
I understand players can up theys MR.
MR means nothing above 16. I have MR28 and I don't need a higher one for anything.
I'm not bored so much to hammer another nothing giving MR.
Anyway...
Like someone write. What I can do if I can't use that weapon because MR I have right to fight with Lich, but theys earned weaps dont have MR to use theys weapons for me - stupid ....
I don't see any way to using Kuva weapons in Solo missions. In a team, maybe, if theys kill better 🙂

There is no content which explicitly requires an MR above 16.  Despite that being true, there are benefits to having an MR above 16.  The benefits are a larger base mod capacity, a larger inventory of void traces, and additional loadout slots.

Regarding the Kuva weapons, if you didn't have a catalyst you could theoretically have a mod capacity of 40, where at least 5 slots are polarized and thus half cost.  This effectively would allow either sloppy slot choice (80 capacity with a catalyst), or does not require a catalyst for basic builds (40 with more than half of the slots at half cost).  The tacked on extra elemental damage is at most equal to a 60-60 mod, which either allows for novel elemental combinations (corrosive-blast-radiation) or frees a single slot to be something other than the element you want to build towards (heat+corrosive or corrosive with only an electric mod).  While I think the weapon choice and minor increase in some stats doesn't really match the riven impact, there are people out there without great rivens, where something like the Kuva Kohm allows for a taste of what a heavily invested Kohm can produce (yes, 100% status with a riven means the standard Kohm didn't need the Kuva variant).

Regarding usage of Kuva weapons in solo...what?  I've run level 30+ exterminates and the Kuva weapons hold their own.  They aren't the bleeding edge of performance, but star chart missions don't exactly show the poor scaling well.  I would agree that they don't generally work on deep run high level content, but about 95% of in-game weapons don't do that.  The Kuva weapon system was never designed to be the highest level content, otherwise they'd be the endgame grind until the next power level step came.  Kuva weapons have been sold as additional mod capacity, minor improvements, and in-built elements.  DE hasn't voluntarily raised the power level in years, with the exception of Umbra mods and the artificially limited forma with huge mod capacity costs.  Heck, even arbitrations aren't endgame, given that the mods offered here are insanely limited to compensate for their huge benefits.  I'm not sure why Kuva weapons were expected to be such a huge improvement, considering that the Paracesis functions in the same way but is largely on-par with the Gram Prime despite the ducat and mission requirements to obtain it.  

While I agree that the Kuva weapons are entirely underwhelming, I can see multiple reasons to pursue them.  They aren't complete garbage, and selling them as such is dishonest at best.  It's fair to say that the juice isn't worth the squeeze, but that's the truth with a lot of content in Warframe.  If you'd like a specific example I'd suggest you ask how often you see the Hema, and that thing is one of the most painful grinds in the game.  

Archived