Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jupiter Gas City

Twisted_Wisdom

Nice. End up in an area i cant get out of. No way up to where i need to be because i cant jump around the overhang.           
https://ibb.co/Nyxz42y         (tried to insert image from URL but it wouldn't let me)
I sincerely HATE the forced parkour of Jupiter Gas City. Unfortunately its an area under control by my Lich, so its not like i can avoid it.
Mission failed because no way to extraction.

Suggest a way around this problem is to allow us to use archwing in Jupiter Gas City.

Edited by Twisted_Wisdom
Added possible solution

Operator.

Void dash a few times, then switch to warframe and bulletjump towards whatever surface you can (probably that pole that you can interact with).

I think you could have gone to that cable to the right as well.

This is not a "no where to go" issue.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

I'm over it. Got no interest in making my gaming life miserable because of badly made maps, in a game where there is no instruction on how to play it.
Jumping over wide open spaces like that messes with my head. Is a pity i cant totally avoid Jupiter altogether.
It took weeks to gain tolerance to simulator sickness, so i can play warframe on regular basis.
Its physically unpleasant to have to parkour over the wide open spaces of Jupiter Gas City.
Players want to do it the hard way. they are welcome.
Personally, I wish I could use archwing to get around it.

Personally the parkour isn't awful. But it's annoying when the map itself won't let you use abilities to more easily maneuver through the map. 

Nova's wormhole for example.

A lot of the newer tile sets, like the sentient anomaly have an issue with preventing ability use when casting mobility abilities near solid structures (although my last cast where I jumped away from the platform and cast also didn't teleport me through the portal).

Edited by (PS4)slova77
clarification

Sounds like this should honestly be bug reported and noted as a map hole. Maps that size may have oversight, and your/our feedback can help get them patched back up. Jupiter is neat in that it's one of the few maps that can really get us to utilize our movement mechanics, outside of stuffy hallways or wide open map. Something that asks us to wallrun for once is good, so long as we don't fall into a wacky map hole that gets us perma-stuck.

"/Unstuck" might have helped, but I can't be sure unless I could try it myself. Do you think you could recreate this softlock? I'd like to test if there's some way out of it that just wasn't obvious/intuitive, or if it's legit a bugged spot in the map (which it seems to be.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

I tried /unstuck but it didn't work.
I fell off the map from where i should have been and no easy way to get back up where i needed to be.
I don't remember which map/mission i was in on Jupiter.

That's all good. The pics you have now might work for a bug report, but either way thank you for bringing it to our attention.

• Like 1

This is exactly why the star map should wrap around back to Jupiter after sedna now, first time through should be the old tileset with appropriately leveled enemies, second time after sedna is new tileset.  Then after you've cleared the nodes both times you could just choose the new or old tileset to play, the new offering higher level enemies.  Most people still haven't mastered the movement system to the degree needed to easily get across the gaps in those maps when they first get to jupiter.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-02 at 10:38 AM, Tekkarath said:

This is exactly why the star map should wrap around back to Jupiter after sedna now, first time through should be the old tileset with appropriately levelled enemies, second time after sedna is new tileset.  Then after you've cleared the nodes both times you could just choose the new or old tileset to play, the new offering higher level enemies.  Most people still haven't mastered the movement system to the degree needed to easily get across the gaps in those maps when they first get to jupiter.

I do miss the old Jupiter tileset.
Am thinking of using Titania to help manage the vast open area parkour of the new Jupiter tileset but will probably die more often 😞 (Currently don't die).

I normally despise it when a thread is just full of "git gud" responses, and instinctively take the side of the OP because "git gud" and any variation thereof is a super non-productive, worthless response.  But I have been all over every inch of the gas city tile set doing all the scannables like kurias and fragments, as well as doing the secret labs and the entire place is completely doable, every inch of it, without parkour mods, mobility abilities or the operator.  I know exactly where you are because I know the tile set backward and forward after getting all the scannables and it's very easy to get back to more solid footing from there once you have a decent understanding of how the parkour system actually works.

As for using your operator, as long as your warframe doesn't fall off into the abyss, your operator can just void dash from the middle of the air and get back to solid ground.  Again, you just have to know how to use movement with the operator.

Having to abort because you can't get off an antenna 100% means you need practice.  Try googling "warframe momentum stacking" it should give you a better understanding of the skill set you're missing.

PS:  That zipline doesn't lead to a dead end, it leads underneath those Helium-3 tanks, and if you got over to the antennas sticking out from the bottom column (again, totally doable) then you could have found a hidden area in the underside of those tanks that leads to an elevator that goes right back onto the main path.

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan

On 2020-02-06 at 2:43 AM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I normally despise it when a thread is just full of "git gud" responses, and instinctively take the side of the OP because "git gud" and any variation thereof is a super non-productive, worthless response.  But I have been all over every inch of the gas city tile set doing all the scannables like kurias and fragments, as well as doing the secret labs and the entire place is completely doable, every inch of it, without parkour mods, mobility abilities or the operator.  I know exactly where you are because I know the tile set backward and forward after getting all the scannables and it's very easy to get back to more solid footing from there once you have a decent understanding of how the parkour system actually works.

As for using your operator, as long as your warframe doesn't fall off into the abyss, your operator can just void dash from the middle of the air and get back to solid ground.  Again, you just have to know how to use movement with the operator.

Having to abort because you can't get off an antenna 100% means you need practice.  Try googling "warframe momentum stacking" it should give you a better understanding of the skill set you're missing.

PS:  That zipline doesn't lead to a dead end, it leads underneath those Helium-3 tanks, and if you got over to the antennas sticking out from the bottom column (again, totally doable) then you could have found a hidden area in the underside of those tanks that leads to an elevator that goes right back onto the main path.

I loved the tileset but often get stuck, and still didn't figured out how to open the labs despite some guy showing me.

Any tips on how to explore that tileset?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

I loved the tileset but often get stuck, and still didn't figured out how to open the labs despite some guy showing me.

Any tips on how to explore that tileset?

For more advanced movement: Understand that the basic idea behind the movement system is that certain moves maintain momentum, like air rolling.  More speed is more distance traveled before you start falling again.  Extend glide time by using it in bursts.  Air slides can drop you faster, but also move you horizontally faster.  Gaining height for long jumps is important, but so is horizontal movement, so learn what angles work for what distances when you're starting a jump.  Wall latch resets bulletjump.  When in doubt, spam whatever "grab zipline" key is and pray.  

Remember that you aren't the warframe.  You're the operator.  People do not use their operator anywhere near enough in my opinion.  Using fully unlocked energy and movement waybounds means you can move a couple hundred meters through the air in seconds.  Cloaking slows your fall just a little, so the key to using the operator to do things like dashing 180º around an obstacle is simply not to panic.  Dash out, let yourself fall while turning to get line of sight, and dash to your next location.  You can get damn near anywhere with just the operator once you get used to it.  A tip for sticking the landing with the operator is to dash above something you're trying to land on, then dashing straight down to where you want to land so that you don't overshoot, rather than trying to land on it like a plane on a runway.  Someone that's used to popping in and out of their operator to reposition or move long distances quickly can beat anyone to an objective or extraction. 

If you're fast, and you have enough air, you can yo-yo your warframe over open space.  It's like a Yoshi jump, but you can recall Yoshi.  If you transfer into your op, your frame falls until it hits a reset zone or solid ground.  If you go into op and dash straight up then transfer back, you can snatch your warframe up to some really high places, meaning you can get air, recall your frame, go back into op, dash more, recall, grab a wall to reset bullet jump and regen operator energy, then rinse repeat.  There is nowhere on Jupiter big enough to need to do that, but it's fun to do regardless.

You can learn all that so that you can take any frame you want...  or you can bring Wukong and float everywhere.

As for the labs:  Once you've found a lab door (it's orange, it has glowing orange symbols on it, and there's loot behind it on your loot radar, including one loot icon you can't get, ever, it's just a lab marker), you know 2 things.  1. The symbols on the door are your switch order, top to bottom.  2. There is a control panel nearby you have to break if you want in that room.  Scour the map until you see an orangish panel with a red light and shoot it.  They hid some of them really well.  They're always in the same spot though, so you'll get used to them.  Once you break it, several switches in the surrounding area become available with a symbol painted over them that matches those found on the lab door.  Like any auxiliary panel in the game they're marked with a vertical white bar on your minimap. Use parkour and your operator to hit all the switches in the right order (that you get from the lab door) in a fairly tight time limit and the front door is open.  The second door is opened with your amp.  Then, like a good Tenno, you kill everything inside indiscriminately, take their loot and leave.

TL;DR: Practice moving long distances without touching the ground and moving quickly 100% of the time you play so that it's second nature, bring a frame that can make it easy, and memorize switch patterns and locations.

• Like 1