Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with railjack.

Luciole77

playing solo it is absolutely foolish to actually use your Railjack for anything. you are much better off using a crew ship. even with waves of fighters and 4 other crew ships shooting you it barely takes any damage. just make sure you park you railjack far enough away to not get attention.

15 minutes ago, _Urakaze_ said:

armor scaling of railjack grineers are broken and they seems to deal extra damage too.

The enemies being beefy is not a bad thing imo. They still die easily if you use melee.

Their damage however is kind of a pain. Even a Chroma or fully armored Valkyr can get seriously damaged. I would fully support a damage nerf to these enemies.

刚才 , JackHargreav 说:

The enemies being beefy is not a bad thing imo. They still die easily if you use melee.

Their damage however is kind of a pain. Even a Chroma or fully armored Valkyr can get seriously damaged. I would fully support a damage nerf to these enemies.

minibosses or elites with extra EHP would be fine, but even normal mobs have corrupted gunner amount of health

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I'm of the opposite opinion. The damage would be fine if the enemies weren't so spongey. "They die easily if you use melee" kind of falls apart when you think that people might want more variety than just "All Melee All The Time"/

il y a 47 minutes, Luciole77 a dit :

I played railjack as soon as I left and played it in public and it was a very bad experience, with huge bugs, lack of explanation of commands and basic tutorials when using one thing and another. I played enough to get some basic pieces and resources. I made all the places on earth. A while later I wanted to play alone and it was also an experience that mixed a lot of indignation, frustration and anger.

I will point out what I realized in the game.

1-Enemies fly much faster than our ship.

2-Crews enter our ship at all times preventing us from shooting down enemy ships and still having to deal with repairs and resource management.

3-Lack of tutorial on keys used inside railjack. I was just discovering the L key watching videos on youtube .... and I still don't know how to use other resources due to this obscurity of the game over time that always sinned in the tutorial part. There is more talk of enemies than self-explanation ... the cephalon cy is useless as always!

4-Our ship with some mods equipped and upgraded is still not enough to withstand the shots of enemy ships.

5-Every 5 missions attempted 4 failed due to inconsistency of enemies or artificial intelligence. I have to stay at a distance killing one by one so as not to attract everyone at the same time ... other times everyone came together to destroy my ship and together with crew ships.

6-The excess of things to be done in the game. Repair, manage resources, kill enemy ships, invade enemy ships and with that our ship is still taking damage non-stop making it an at least terrible and unacceptable experience.

7-Too many enemies to be exterminated is the same as cooperative games leaving players who like to play alone at severe disadvantage.

8-The difficulty of being able to spot resources in space .... because there is still no mini-map showing them? Extending our stay on the ship unnecessarily. Or put icons indicating features as well as the mods you made recently!

9-Using archwing to kill enemy ships only demonstrates the ship's total imbalance with the archwing ....

10- Make tutorials on how to use the ship's commands already mentioned in item 3. Make the cephalon cy something more useful to teach how to operate the ship and delegate at least 1 task to it. For example, resource management or ship repair. Why are there fire containment mods if I don't even know how to activate this myself? Of course ... there was no explanation from the cephalon CY ... he just keeps saying that enemy ships are coming or that they were destroyed!

This new game mode needs affection because it's really fun to kill enemy ships in space and admire the landscape from space. Railjack has a lot of potential to be improved and made more viable to be played .... but will it receive the proper attention? Or will it be forgotten? It's DE's reputation at stake ... fix things first before putting new things in the game! Put out the fire or your house will fall!

1: have you not unlock the drift yet ?

2: boarding pods are announced by Cy and can be heard approaching, easy to shoot down.

3: you didn't check the controls of this new game mode ? And what is there to not understand. You see recipee, you kill ennemies and break containers, and craft stuff with the looted ressource. Nothing different from the rest of the game. Do you need a tutorial to know which foot to put in front next ?

4: you don't have the right avs, mine can tank any veil node, assuming I'm not being a sitting duck and move around a bit, I rarely have any crit failures anymore.

5: it's not the game's fault you failed, only yours.

6: I decided to play this coop game alone, and I got overwhelmed... Unacceptable !

7: see answer above ("too many ennemies" lol)

8: yes... That can be annoying, but I don't know if I'd rather have my screen completely filled with drop icons, or kill my eyes looking for drops... Either way, it'll kill my eyes, as you want.

9: there is matter to talk here, but I'm even sure what you are talking about precisely... AW boarding CS ? Archgun killing fighters ? In what way is it not balanced ?

10: there is really nothing complex to be taught here. See breach ? Take omni (as Cy tells you) and complete the mini game that a 6 yo could figure out.

Omni munition depleated ? Go to the one place you can craft stuff, look up the recipee and craft omni ammo (the one with the picture of an omni)

Any other munition depleated ? There are 4 consumables and 4 ressources, dedicate some of your brain to it, it's really not complicated...

See a new game mode with a drastically different gameplay ? Should I check the controls ? Oh, eh, L has something bound to it !

Can't manage to use an ability ? Should I check the controls ? Oh ! ...

Cannons ? Self explanatory

Piloting ? It's not flight simulator, even without setting your controls you should be able to do it easily.

AW slingshot ? Self explanatory.

Avionics ? The yellow diamond shaped items... Could it go into the full page of yellow diamond shaped slots ?

Wreckage ? It's a blueprint, simple enough.

Other than that, shoot the bad guys and go to yellow marker.

The only thing I'd see in need of tutorial would be the refine button, but you should very much understand what it does after the first time you press it.

Anything else, you should know from the base game.

I'm sure you figured at least some of those of course, what would you have wanted for a tutorial ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'd recommend not bothering with responses to this thread. OP has demonstrated a consistent unwillingness to actually listen to advice, or anything that doesn't match their opinion of the mode.

Seems to be par on course with this guy if you bother to read what he posts.

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

Enemies fly much faster than our ship.

that's because they are fighters: much more agile, way less health (though doesn't feel like it in the Veil sometimes.). our Railjack is supposed to be more like a Battleship; much slower, but possessing much better firepower (doesn't always feel like it without Mk3 weapons though)

2-Crews enter our ship at all times preventing us from shooting down enemy ships and still having to deal with repairs and resource management.

Ramsleds do seem to spawn slightly too often for my liking, but there are ways of stopping it, mainly shooting the pods when you can see them. if you can get your hands on Particle Ram, that thing is great as it acts like a shield against Ramsleds: just turn the ship to face the incoming pods and as soon as they are in the Ram they explode. it's hilarious to watch and means way less Boarders to repel.

Lack of tutorial on keys used inside railjack. I was just discovering the L key watching videos on youtube .... and I still don't know how to use other resources due to this obscurity of the game over time that always sinned in the tutorial part. There is more talk of enemies than self-explanation ... the cephalon cy is useless as always!

par for the course with Warframe, you get either none or minimal information when it comes to new gameplay systems. Cy is there to give a running commentary on what needs doing, not tell you how to do it.

Our ship with some mods equipped and upgraded is still not enough to withstand the shots of enemy ships.

sure, if you aren't using a Bulkhead Avionic and keep trying to facetank early Saturn and beyond. you're on PC, so you can trade Avionics; I recommend trying to obtain a Zetki Bulkhead, it can give up to 6060 Hull Health in a maxed slot at max rank. railjacks with this have no problem taking damage, especially when a decent engineer is on board.

Every 5 missions attempted 4 failed due to inconsistency of enemies or artificial intelligence. I have to stay at a distance killing one by one so as not to attract everyone at the same time ... other times everyone came together to destroy my ship and together with crew ships.

sounds more like issue #4, that your railjack is too squishy so you can't handle multiple fighters. that's how fighters work though; they attack as a group to try and overwhelm ther target (you) with constant hit-and-run attacks. you need to upgrade your hull and weapons to deal with them more effectively.

The excess of things to be done in the game. Repair, manage resources, kill enemy ships, invade enemy ships and with that our ship is still taking damage non-stop making it an at least terrible and unacceptable experience.

that's kind of the point of railjack though? it's intended to be a serious co-op system that requires intelligence and communication. fi you're trying to solo, you're gonna be running around like a Kubrow with it's a$$ on fire. you can use recruit chat to try and find a squad of people who (might) be more reliable than pugging with randoms.

Too many enemies to be exterminated is the same as cooperative games leaving players who like to play alone at severe disadvantage.

again, this comes down to a lack of upgrades, mainly weapons. with decent weapons and Avionics, you and a decent team should handle 90 fighters with very little problems. Crewships can be more problematic, which is why you ALWAYS - and I do mean ALWAYS - deal with those first. with healing bubbles, Ramsleds and support fire, crewships can turn even the easiest fights into a real war of attrition at best or a massacre against you at worst. take away all those bubbles and Ramsleds though, and the enemy no longer has an advantage.

The difficulty of being able to spot resources in space .... because there is still no mini-map showing them? Extending our stay on the ship unnecessarily. Or put icons indicating features as well as the mods you made recently!

didn't they give you markers for Avionics and Scrap? Resources also appear in bright blue glowing circles, they can be pretty hard to miss even from far away, but having to pick them up can be a drag; that's why I feel DE need to give the railjack a much bigger Vacuum, even if it means sacrificing an Avionic slot for it.

-Using archwing to kill enemy ships only demonstrates the ship's total imbalance with the archwing ....

yes, but once again, that's mainly comparing a Railjack with none or only a few upgrades vs. a full Archwing loadout, likely with Forma. the railjack does eventually surpass the Archwing, but it requires investment on your part. more balancing will come over time though.

2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

Make tutorials on how to use the ship's commands already mentioned in item 3.

again, many of us who have been here a while have come to expect this from Warframe: DE adopt a policy of letting players discover thigns for themselves, but tutorials are important IMO, especially for a mode like Railjack which has many systems and is heavily co-op focused. ideally, there should be a simulacrum training sequence that teaches the following;

- basic piloting: moving form one place to another, fly through some checkpoints.

- basic gunnery: shoot fast moving targets with a default side gun, and the same for pilot guns. also teach the use of munitions.

- basic engineering: provide a row of ship faults( fire, electric hazard, hull breach etc.) and teach the player to use an Omni. then to teach them reapiring under pressure, provide a large amount of ship faults that the player has to fix in a time limit. infinite retries if you fail of course.

- basic Forging: teach players how to use the Forge to craft munitions, Dome Charges and Revolite and refine materials, as well as give tips on refining.

- basic tactical menu tutorial: to teach the player how to use their powers and warp around the ship.

- basic combat tutorial one: spawn a small group of fighters that the player must eliminate using railjack weapons.

- basic combat tutorial two: spawn a crewship and walk the player through both methods of destroying them, forward artillery use and slingshot boarding (these can be locked to the necessary intrinsic ranks if need be).

overall, you have a couple of good points, especially regarding tutorials, but the rest seems like it's down to you, the player. I'm sure once your railjack is heavily upgraded you'll have more fun with the mode, especially if you can land a good team.

5 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

My suggestion...play solo since beggining, no mods, no instrisincs....go there and fell what is railjack solo! Dont blame who wants solo experience ok?!

Probally you guys played in coop because its much more easy right? And now with all stuffs its "easy"...

If you had the right tactical/battle avionics. Intrinsic pilot maneuvers lets you drift back to shoot ramsled’s 

and Archwing is part of railjack you should expect it. As a Matter of fact it’s getting normalized for RailJack 

you have some ok Points , some resolved but getting better stuff, and the other part is you don’t fully understand what’s going on 

OP, you’re on PC servers? Contact me around or after 1800 GMT, I’ll invite you to a mission where you won’t have to do anything. Don’t pilot, don’t engineer or fix things, don’t do gunnery or boarding. Just observe from the command deck. You’ll see that it can be done, and is in fact quite manageable once you ‘get’ the systems and tactics.

18 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

OP, you’re on PC servers? Contact me around or after 1800 GMT, I’ll invite you to a mission where you won’t have to do anything. Don’t pilot, don’t engineer or fix things, don’t do gunnery or boarding. Just observe from the command deck. You’ll see that it can be done, and is in fact quite manageable once you ‘get’ the systems and tactics.

I will be surprised if they take your offer. Record the mission if they do.

I did a lot of solo RJs and I can tell ya it's stressful. So, these days I just crew hop when I don't want to deal with imbeciles shedding their idiocy on my ship.

Here's a few pointers on solo flying, in addition to those already posted.

There is no shame in running away. You get enough space between the pack, you split them up. Deal with them, repair, forge and then go back.

Being sneaky is good. You park your ship at a safe spot and board the crewship on your wings. There is currently no alternative.

Get your engineering to 7. The 50% extra crafting helps a ton since you cannot forge on cooldown and drive the damn ship.

If you have Void Cloak, use it. This buys you time to board when in a pinch using the slingshot.

If you intend to use Void Hole, put your ship behind an asteroid blocking the crewships line of fire. Fire on to the asteroid.

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah, but Melee shouldn't be the only option. Variety is key.

Agree with the armour, especially since I prefer squishier frames. There's nothing wrong with something that can take on a Tank frame (although admittedly, it's probably too many of them) but it's a nightmare for squishier frames where the slightest mistake can instantly end them. The Quartakk, Twin Grakata and ice Ignis enemies are so punishing. Quartakk because range and hitscan, Grakata because it's basically an instant death field and the Ignis because even if you do survive, you'll probably die to the next guy anyway.

Personally though, I blame the degree variance. Some frames are too squishy, others too tanky. The variance is so extreme there's no way to design around both without there being some level of cheesiness baked into the system. Kind of like how everyone builds weapons for Grineer because everything else tends to wind up brute-forced by anti-armour anyway. There's no meaningful 'average' time to kill for a player, because that average will be trivial to a tank and a oneshot to a squish.

• Like 1