Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Ravenous Augment


DeathOfASaint
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey so i just had an idea for a Nidus' Ravenous augment

itll be called "Pilfering Ravenous" or "Ravenous Greed"

"Enemies hit by Maggots from Ravenous have a 50% chance to drop additional loot"

just a cool augment i thought up, probably won't be added since he already has an augment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

I will throw up if I see another Pilfering Augment , it's the most boring idea ever. Also there is an augment for Ravenous already.

Would be cool if frames could have more than one augment, builds could differ greatly that way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Saintcel said:

probably won't be added since he already has an augment

yeah and a damn good one at that. 60% chance for an added stack while on my Infested garden? it just makes stacks even easier to acquire and Nidus gets tougher even quicker. I love it on my build.

5 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

I will throw up if I see another Pilfering Augment

will you throw up extra loot? ooh, that could be an Augment for Grendel, he could eat enemies and just churn out lots of loot instead of corpses! better put this in Feedback.. :crylaugh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Would be cool if frames could have more than one augment, builds could differ greatly that way

I thought you could place more than one augment?  Did they change that?  Because I haven't played my Nekros in a while, and he had Defile and then switched between Shield of Shadows or Creeping Terrify depending on whether I wanted more tanky-ness or less getting shot.  In the rare cases where I'm doing a PUG, I try to switch to Shield of Shadows because even in non-Defense missions people have been trained to lose their freaking minds if you hit enemies with any power that slows them down.  (I don't have a Speed Nova, but I do have a near max duration and near max power strength tanky Nova.  I never, ever team with her.  It's just not worth it.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I thought you could place more than one augment?  Did they change that?  Because I haven't played my Nekros in a while, and he had Defile and then switched between Shield of Shadows or Creeping Terrify depending on whether I wanted more tanky-ness or less getting shot.  In the rare cases where I'm doing a PUG, I try to switch to Shield of Shadows because even in non-Defense missions people have been trained to lose their freaking minds if you hit enemies with any power that slows them down.  (I don't have a Speed Nova, but I do have a near max duration and near max power strength tanky Nova.  I never, ever team with her.  It's just not worth it.)

@Xenox_Ilz-ot meant more augments for same ability.

Edited by Aeon94
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I hate how such a great frame got such disappointing augments.

???

larva burst augment scales with pwr strentgh, has 100% chance to proc toxin, and its explosion/burst is not only multiplied by every enemy in it, but it also has ridiculous range since it scales off ability range. you can literally lead the dmg spread in ESO with a full range nuke build. your post is disappointing

Edited by tzadquiel
the real power and OP-ness of Larva Burst is, however, that you can stop it and recast at will.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tzadquiel said:

???

larva burst augment scales with pwr strentgh, has 100% chance to proc toxin, and its explosion/burst is not only multiplied by every enemy in it, but it also has ridiculous range since it scales off ability range. you can literally lead the dmg spread in ESO with a full range nuke build. your post is disappointing

Useless on a frame with a high damage first ability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

what i described outdamages nidus 1st in speed, hassle, energy cost, and dps output. oh and it clears maps.

i think you should give it a go, you clearly haven't. larvae burst augment is completely nuts, but you do have to know how to use it and mod for it. but ofc, if you have a pre-made opinion, facts won't help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I hate how such a great frame got such disappointing augments.

I don't play a whole lot of Nidus, so I'm no expert, but I really enjoy his Virulence augment. It scales with his Power Strength and level of Mutation, so a simple 2-1 combo grants you a decent duration of permanent red crits with the right Primary.

His 4's augment isn't that interesting, but it's strong enough for me to want to use it pretty much always. It just makes the Mutation gain incredibly quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I don't play a whole lot of Nidus, so I'm no expert, but I really enjoy his Virulence augment. It scales with his Power Strength and level of Mutation, so a simple 2-1 combo grants you a decent duration of permanent red crits with the right Primary.

His 4's augment isn't that interesting, but it's strong enough for me to want to use it pretty much always. It just makes the Mutation gain incredibly quick.

I’m a Nidus expert. And I can tell you increasing the crit chance of your primary is pretty much useless since Virulence is already an incredible damage dealer. Just equip a gun to strip armor and you’re good.

A good Nidus always knows how to build up stacks efficiently. Creating an Augment that boosts that process is kind of redundant when you’re already one shotting enemies at 10-15 stacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I thought you could place more than one augment?  Did they change that?  Because I haven't played my Nekros in a while, and he had Defile and then switched between Shield of Shadows or Creeping Terrify depending on whether I wanted more tanky-ness or less getting shot.  In the rare cases where I'm doing a PUG, I try to switch to Shield of Shadows because even in non-Defense missions people have been trained to lose their freaking minds if you hit enemies with any power that slows them down.  (I don't have a Speed Nova, but I do have a near max duration and near max power strength tanky Nova.  I never, ever team with her.  It's just not worth it.)

6 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

@Xenox_Ilz-ot meant more augments for same ability.

Yeah this, I wanted to say for the same ability

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m a Nidus expert. And I can tell you increasing the crit chance of your primary is pretty much useless since Virulence is already an incredible damage dealer. Just equip a gun to strip armor and you’re good.

A good Nidus always knows how to build up stacks efficiently. Creating an Augment that boosts that process is kind of redundant when you’re already one shotting enemies at 10-15 stacks.

Why not just boost the damage of the gun for the possibility of a target outside of virulence and larva range? Even when playing Nidus I enjoy using guns. Boosted damage on a gun isn't garbage, your playstyle just doesn't fit it. And that's fine, but don't claim to be a "Nidus expert" when someone has a different playstyle to you. Ths is probably landing on deaf ears and I've seen how opinionated you can be, especially when it comes to a frame I dare not name in your presence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Why not just boost the damage of the gun for the possibility of a target outside of virulence and larva range? Even when playing Nidus I enjoy using guns. Boosted damage on a gun isn't garbage, your playstyle just doesn't fit it. And that's fine, but don't claim to be a "Nidus expert" when someone has a different playstyle to you. Ths is probably landing on deaf ears and I've seen how opinionated you can be, especially when it comes to a frame I dare not name in your presence.

Because Larva exists. Enemy out of your range? Press 2, it and every other enemy get brought to a center point that you can cast your 1 on. Enemies are very rarely out of range of Larva.

I never said don’t use guns with Nidus. I even used Opticor Vandal with him for a while. I’m saying giving an augment to a frames primary damage ability that boosts weapon damage is redundant when that damage ability is the thing you should be using to kill enemies. Gun kills don’t give you mutation stacks.

Revenant is trash 😛

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never modded nidus for his first ability to be used as a damage ability, will give it a go later. Getting that +str arbi buff on him can be kinda awful in the beginning trying to get stacks up and everything's just -dead- . I like his 4th augment, especially in arbitrations when everything starts getting to be a little stressful.

great frame though. glad I have something to check out. it's funny talking about slotting augments when some frames have abilities I try not to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m a Nidus expert. And I can tell you increasing the crit chance of your primary is pretty much useless since Virulence is already an incredible damage dealer. Just equip a gun to strip armor and you’re good.

Okay, but I don't want to sit there mashing 1. I'm not going to debate the math since both methods are effective enough for damage, and to me giving up 1 Mod spot is worth a big ol' pile of crit. I find it a lot more entertaining.

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

A good Nidus always knows how to build up stacks efficiently. Creating an Augment that boosts that process is kind of redundant when you’re already one shotting enemies at 10-15 stacks.

It's convenient. Another Mod that lets me lessen the amount of time I'm standing there and mashing 1. Again, not needed, but (imo) worth the slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...