Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non

(PSN)Station2D-

13 hours ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

Why does that surprise you? Advertising can be quite good for video games as Fortnite did along with Star Wars

Just because it CAN work for Fortnite doesn't mean it CAN nor should for every game.

Something more along the lines of a crossover event is the better way to approach it

En 20/2/2020 a las 18:01, sam686 dijo:

This game already have some paid early access to Warframes and Weapons of 1 or 3 days. Pay using foundry rush, Market, and prime access. With no platinum, forced to do some specific missions and and wait for foundry to get them.

Paid early access to missions and multiplayer content will slow down matchmaking. I rather see everyone given an option to start new missions and multiplayer content, all at the same time, so matchmaking is fast.

Matchmaking would not be a problem, giving early access to players in the game is not a problem in the matchmaking if players have the option to play SOLO 

On 2020-02-20 at 11:06 PM, Drachnyn said:

After 8 days OP finally decides to respond to their own thread and the ideas are as bad as ever. Locking content behind paywalls when it is most interesting (when it comes out) is just a cheap money grab. On top of that the new mods and arcanes are tradable right away. Giving those only to paying players will only further the advantage they have because now they are controlling the market aswell.

You talk about improving the game but all this would do is a short time cash grab for DE. Monetization never improves the game, it's a necessary evil to keep the game running. Shove it into people's face and they will ditch your game.

I suggest you instead grind for the gear you want instead of waiting for DE to ruin their game with going down the cash grab route.

If I'm not wrong developers need money to improve the game, so I don't think I have to explain why monetization systems are important to improve a game, adding advantages such as boosters, early access, memberships, etc. not ruin a game and are not P2W practices, but I guess you do not know what P2W is and do not know how to differentiate between giving advantages and giving benefits

On 2020-02-21 at 12:03 PM, Synpai said:

Just because it CAN work for Fortnite doesn't mean it CAN nor should for every game.

Something more along the lines of a crossover event is the better way to approach it

Warframe is a game with a macro world like Star Citizen or GTA and that means that developers can adapt MANY good elements for the game and immersive advertising is one of those good things that can be adapted, in addition Fortnite adapted the BattleRoyale mode of PUGB and it worked well, your excuse is bad.

8 hours ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

If I'm not wrong developers need money to improve the game, so I don't think I have to explain why monetization systems are important to improve a game, adding advantages such as boosters, early access, memberships, etc. not ruin a game and are not P2W practices, but I guess you do not know what P2W is and do not know how to differentiate between giving advantages and giving benefits

It's true that devs need money to keep the game alive which is why I said it is a necessary evil. DE currently seems to be doing fine which is why cheap cash grabs are not needed. Throwing more money at something doesnt guarantee for it to become better. Look at how much money gets thrown at typical AAA games and how mediocre they are. If you want to keep people interested in the game you need to use monetization like a scalpel, your suggestions are a sledge hammer.

A fair monetization model has a higher chance of keeping a lot of players (the non-whales), pushing them out is not a good idea because the whales dont want to be alone in a multiplayer game. I didnt actually call your ideas P2W btw but I guess when you are waiting so long to respond your memory gets a bit muddy.

Oh and if you are trying to argue semantics:

Spoiler

da6e54a409.png

c73f83a2d0.png

See how both words show up in each other's definition? So yes, please explain where you see the difference. See you next week I guess. (the screenshots are from the definitions of "benefit" and "advantage" according to thesaurus.com, if they are no hosted on puush by the time you read this post)

• Like 1

I read all Your points in the first post OP and I belive that most of Your ideas does not correspond with DE's view of what exactly is a player-friendly monetization strategy.

Many of proposed changes do in fact exist in other video games (usually benefiting developers'/publishers' revenues), but most of them are seen as predatory by respective communities, leading to decrease in reputation and "greedy" perception. And again, while such strategy can be beneficial for certain companies, Warframe is a game that has an established playerbase used to certain monetization practises.

I do see some new ways of generating income that DE could potentially implement in the future, just not the ones You suggested.

But regardless, I can appreciate Your time and effort put into giving some ideas and having done research, despite not agreeing with majority of said ideas.

I tried not to go too deep with my response, but if anyone is interested in me expanding on any statement or opinion I made - just let me know, I'll happily engage in discussion and clarify where I'm coming from.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ho wait, you're serious.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

who in their #*!%ing right mind would ever want to add pay to win to a game that mostly stayed away from it? @(PS4)StationOfDead you either spent way too much time on Pay to win game and think it's actually a good way to create a game ( flash news : it's #*!%ing not... get out with your gacha S#&$. ) or you're either a troll trying to spread extremely harmful ideas to the game. luckily, no one in the devs will take you seriously, or as more than a clown. just the way it should be. you don't put P2W bullcrap in a game. ever. it makes the game worse, not better. please learn how you create a good game with good monetization, and never, ever copy mobile games again.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 2

On 2020-02-29 at 2:12 AM, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

This is the moment when I say W-H-Y or do I have to wait for you to explain it to me?

There are enough posts explaining why this is a garbage idea. I was just adding some light weight to them.

On 2020-02-12 at 7:39 AM, Drachnyn said:

Tell me, have you ever farmed something yourself in this game? This posts makes it sound like all you ever do is buy PAs and spend the plat to always buy the best gear.

I agree.

I guess Warframe has some people rolling on money. Sad to say Im not one of them. lol