Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: Launch Hour Feedback Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

I don't quite understand what is going on with Scarlet Spear. I get the ground missions. Those seem to work; you kill 3 bosses, extract, and get 90 points. With the current prices, this puts everything out of reach without someone having a ton of time to farm. And yes, I realize you can kill more than 3, but most public squads will do 3 and then extract. 

As for the murex/space/railjack missions, those don't make any sense to me. I have joined 2 so far, got to the big ship, put down the oplink and then nothing happens. After 20+ minutes both squads fell apart. Do the murex missions work? The last flotilla I was at had 0 of 100 murex done with about 15 minutes left on the clock.

I don't get it; how was this suppose to work?

Also, you are/were missing a bunch of translation strings.

Hi, Rebecca, we got a space team with limbo, and 1 Railjack with 121m/s(thats so fast ship), guess what?

We dont need to leave anyone on the RJ, and we dont need to kill any thing, just stay at beacon zone(limbo ability 4), and ship almost no harm, and now i got basmu, this is too easy, isn't, I think the new game mode purpose is let the ship lose HP from inside, so that players have to get out of the abnormal and take out mobs on board, but it seems like ground team could kill that mobs in the RJ maybe? Hope you guys could adjust this, i need more difficulty, thx for the new game mode and wish you a good day! 

Zitat

1) Scoring
The hottest item on the list, we are getting data and stats together to audit the Scoring. Reward turn-in was based on approximations of playing a full best-performing run per day to get the event exclusives (+ bonus payouts) but we will absolutely be responding and and working on this! The store is not complete as we anticipated the need to balance this entirely - Stay Calm and OpLink on. 

Warframe is a game where a group is more than the sum of its parts and the right meta and a well working group exceeds that even more. Considering the bonuses for high scores, a very dedicated group of players should be done with this even rather fast and will run out of content by next monday. It reminds me a lot of Diablo 3 Seasons where an average player could finish the season journey and gearing the character in like 60 to 80 hours. At the same time the most dedicated players would have loved for the whole journey to take like 500 hours and more and could finish the given thing in <10 hours.

This is partly inevitable as premade groups are always able to progress better, but amplified by the scoring and the bonus system.

Yeah, something appears to be funky with the transmission of codes to railjack. Was in a flotilla with 9 ground squads, and 4 railjack squads. In relay chat, however, we had 2 of the railjack squads asking what was going on, as they'd been sitting at 0 kill codes for over 5 minutes, meanwhile my squad alone had "sent out" at least 6, let alone the other squads. Unles the other 2 railjacks were *screaming* through using them somehow, then it seems like they're not getting from ground level to space properly.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

2) Matchmaking
Players right now have the option to pre-form Squads (i.e through normal means or /Join on people in your Flotilla), but there are optimizations to be made in the flow of matchmaking that are being discussed specifically for Railjack.

Please, please, add the conventional automated public matchmaking to this event.

Nobody else I know plays this game anymore. None of my friends play this game regularly right now.

I just want to play the event.

Spoiler

Really hope this doesn't become like the poorly designed Destiny activities that drop matchmaking for some illusion of difficulty.

Could we queue up as two (2) separate four (4) man teams, that then get matched? I feel like that might already be happening, just more ad hoc/on the fly within the mission. Could the 2 groups of four not be stuck together at the start of a mission? Without the need to be cloistered within a small pool of flotilla players.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

4 - Squad Link feels like a fake gimmick. There's not really any feeling of cooperation between teams, and it feels more like you not having figured out how to make it work and shipping it in a way that's overly complex and serves only as potential frustrations (like not getting codes sent). It adds nothing and only makes the defense stuff seem longer when you have no one contributing codes.

So true. I never once felt like I was connected with another squad of Tenno. 

The way the scoring works is terrible, the bonus is twice as big as what you earn in mission, so if you do 1000 in 2 different flotillas, because you couldn't rejoin the first instance (crashes/disconnects/forming a new squad/flotilla ends/etc), you won't get any bonus, so you effectively lose 2/3 of your score compared to a player who played exactly as much as you, but didn't encounter an issue and remained in the same flotilla. Similarly, if you do 990 points (exactly 11 condrix) and the flotilla ends, you end up 2k short, it's simply annoying and frustrating.

If you can't get to 1000 or the flotilla can't get to 100/100 in time, it makes it pointless to play, since you only get 1/3 the score, so you can end up with something like an hour long wait until the next wave, since at that point flotillas are almost complete, so you can't even reach 1000 points or are brand new with little chance to get to 100/100.

Considering how extremely important the bonus is, it's strange we don't even have clarity on how exactly it works.

If you do 1000 points in both ground and space do you get 1x the rank 1 bonus or 2x? If not, this just makes the grind even more annoying, blocking you from at least doing 2 different missions instead of the same one over and over and over again.

If you do 1000 points in 2 different flotillas, do you get 1x or 2x the bonus?

Edit: Also, having specific cutoffs for the bonus, which is the majority of your score, is a really weird extra restriction, adding further frustration. The bonus should either be a small portion of your score, or scale up until the cap, instead of having cutoffs.

Instances need to show up only if theres 4 player slots left(or just show how many) and its not at 100 murex.

Edit: Reading this thread, its plenty obvious there is no ingame explanation of how the points or instances or flotillas work(and as the one above me said its so #*!%ed up). Little duck didnt say S#&amp;&#036; that we needed to know.

OMG pls dont tell me once the linked ground squad exits the RJ squad cant get marthmade with another and thats why some dont get any codes..

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Reward turn-in was based on approximations of playing a full best-performing run per day to get the event exclusives (+ bonus payouts) but we will absolutely be responding and and working on this! The store is not complete as we anticipated the need to balance this entirely - Stay Calm and OpLink on. 

I'm sorry, did I read this right?

You guys balanced the prices based on getting a pre made squad that can nolife the event perfectly?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? The "placeholder" values you guys said on the devstream were actually the HALF of the current prices.

This is insane. The timer and population gates on the flotillas is horrible, adding max number of possible murexes made it arguably worse. I have not been able to do even 1 full run of 5 Murexes with friends. Not once. We've been trying all day, and not even one run. Someone gets hosted out and can't rejoin? Reset. Spawn into mission with no Sat, reset. Just got started and Murex hit cap 100/100? Reset. Load into relay that shows at 30/100? It's at 100/100 and empty, reset. What is this? And to compound it all, we were told it was not going to be some insane slog to re-grind arcanes to re-max them, and what do we get? 1500 operation credit price tag for an unranked when it shows as rank 5 in the market without clearly saying (This is unranked), then when I check my inventory, it's not even there. Nada. Considering how hard it is just to get into a squad and run the event, do you have any idea how long it would take to grind out 11 copies of my favorite arcanes? Oh but don't worry, the store doesn't even have them all.

I'm not here to sit and scream "This is all S**t; I hate it!". Thats not me. The missions, if we could genuinely run them with friends, and without the hassle of the flotilla caps and nonsense would be so much fun. But this, realizing what it takes to accomplish anything, and the insanity i'd have to deal with just to be able to even start working on my arcanes again, it sucks any fun out of this. I've been beside DE for all their releases and even stood by the insanely rocky launch of Empyrean, but this feels like an insult. I've seen others level hate and sat there, knowing that new systems and game modes and experimental steps forward are always shaky, but this isn't a rocky launch of something brand new. This feels like grind through both bad mechanics, bugs and faulty matchmaking only to realize, you would be better off pouring money (That I and many others) don't have into plat to try and buy arcanes from other players. Arbitrary gates on progress that make it difficult for some even to start. Mechanics that make playing with a full team of clanmates/friends nigh impossible and hours, and hours, and hours of grinding which frankly would be better spent grinding the original drop locations of those arcanes. I have family to care for, I have things to do. I can't devote untold hours, just for half of them to be towards sitting in lobbies or fighting with buggy missions just to hope for a slim chance to get the arcanes I loved back to max, or playing with the new weapon. At this rate, I'm going to force myself to grind this, hating every moment so I can at least buy the gun, then maybe take a few months off. DE stated their trying to avoid grind burnout but thats what this is, further muddled by needless gating mechanics and glitchy launches. It just feels like a kick when, quite franky, the whole world is down. I was looking forward to this, now I'm not. It's another chore to get through.

Maybe I'm a madman, but the things I'd like to see are:
1. No cap/time limit/player limit

2. Either seriously lower costs of things/raise payout or even make the arcanes you purchase maxed or half-maxed.

3. Expand the arcanes available in store.

4. Fix squad link so that it stops choking some people out on kill codes, it's happened 3 times to me for different lengths of time.

As it is, it's unpleasant, it feels like fighting the other community members for imaginary internet dollars to try fix what was taken from us (Arcane cap changes) and generally, it's disheartening. Me and my friends won't have perfect connections. Thats the reality of life. We'll never have bug free run. There will be internet hiccups, or spawning in with no sat or it magically explodes without explanation. There will be flat out game crashes. These we expect, but having them further impede an already heavily unfair progression system, with our goal being to try and recover the arcane collections that had taken us so long to gather in the first place? Just, ouch. We didn't need this kind of soul-crushing grind with everything else bearing down on us these days. I had hoped for a bit better from you DE, you guys usually rock.

> 1) Scoring

I gave several issues on this topic:

a) The game does not tell players how Scarlet Credit rewards scale during a mission. I see plenty of people run to extraction as soon as it is available, unaware that they are cutting short their own rewards and make the rest of the mission slower for those who stay, or mess things up with a host migration.

b) The rewards for the first few Condrix are utterly pitiful. It feels more like padding out the mission with a worthless preperation phase, because if you always extract after three Condrix you will get absolutely nowhere in terms of event rewards. Please consider skipping the initial 15, 30 and 45 credit waves, and let it start with 60 and the corresponding enemy level.

c) Bonus credits at the end of round are not communicated - not their amount, not the thresholds at which they are achieved, not what happenes if you leave the relay, or join another one.

> 2) Matchmaking

Being premade squads makes the Railjack side completely unfeasible for a lot of players. Many are in smaller or even solo clans, and don't people available for this all the time, or ever. You expressly designed Railjack to be a coop thing, which is fine in my book, but that means you absolutely must enable matchmaking for every single piece of Railjack content then.

> 3) Condrix Health Scaling

Yes, please. This is not difficulty, it just makes the waves very tedious after some point. It doesn't help that the things are status immune, and either have ludicrous amounts of armor or are immune to armor draining abilities like Polarize.

> 5) Arcanes

The prices for these Arcanes are insane considering that you need 21 to make a rank 5, the not yet available ones will likely be priced even higher than 1500, and there are so many different Arcanes to grind for. Your goal with the Arcane changes was to make the less used ones more appealing? The it is counter-productive to make the cost and thus grind so insane that people wouldn't even have the capacity to grind for the "non-meta" ones because they will hardly be able to complete the most important ones while also trying to get the new weapons and other stuff.

> 8 ) Wave Completion

As mentioned above, the game nowhere indicates that round completion bonus rewards are even a thing, so people are hopping in and out of different relays unaware they are screwing themselves up in this regard.

Also, consider allowing us to still run the missions in the downtime after completing the 100 Murex and the 10 minute timer between waves. It's okay if you want this (or possibly need it for technical reasons, e.g. to process all the scores), but don't make us sit there idle for 30 minutes and more with no ability to farm more Scarlet Credits. Sure, there is other content, but you should know us well enough that many of us don@t want to farm a lich, fissures, etc when we naturally want to focus on the new content, especially as this content is time-limited to begin with.

This legit feels like the worst events I've ever played in this game thus far. It pretty much demands that you be in a squad, and yet the matchmaking with how it's set up is so poor and communication with the mix of chat for the area, and the squad chat has made it impossible to set up a team for the railjack portion. Why can't there just be matchmaking for the railjack portion for solo or small team players? Why do you have to limit every, individual instance to only 100 players? Making it so up to 100 mostly randomized players have to somehow try coordinating to have ground squads and space squads to actually get things done? I want to like the content that's made here but this just isn't at all coherent or fun to play unless you're going in with a pre made team, and even then it's only barely skirting the lines of a 'passable' grind to do for the rewards.

11 hours ago, Oreades said:

Does that mean things are going to be retroactively adjusted cause I remember staying calm and DogDaysing on and when the "fix" for that came there was no adjustment for people who had been actively participating and the new kill stealing mechanic that you added to the game essentially ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the event. So I'm more than a tad hesitant to OpLink on especially when the game modes associated with this are not particularly enthralling. 

Honestly as a founder and someone who absolutely loves the lore and style of this game... Reading this thread (along with basically most of what's happened the past year or so) is actually making me want to finally uninstall. This event is supposed to have some relation to the ongoing story but I have 0 interest in playing a broken mess of an event. RJ sounded super promising but fell far short of what they showed us and needed and still needs serious work. I hated Nightwave from the beginning and now DE is already lagging on making content for season 3 (which funnily enough Nightwave storylines is a repeat mistake done first with Community Synthesis. If they just, from the beginning put Nightwave out as a mostly story-less battlepass content I would have been far less annoyed but they had to put lore FOMO into Nightwave as well...). And don't get me started on the ridiculousness of The Wolf, who dropped a unique weapon and had abysmal spawn chances even late into the event when DE said it would go up, along with insane EHP before getting adjusted. And Kuva Liches... wow.

I know DE isn't really known for polish on new content but it really feels like the bigger the game and their ideas got, the less and less they care about putting out some actual quality content over just releasing it when it is "technically playable" and adjusting the sometimes glaring flaws several years later (maybe).

So i did few space runs before i went to sleep with a friend,was kinda challenging with one person outside as pilot and other receiving kill codes inside.
Then i wake up,start recruiting ppl for space crew and theres already meta in place. You park your ship inside that anomaly mothership thingie ,all 4 ppl go in,put your oplinks and sit there doing nothing,repeat it 2,3,4,5 times,depending if your defense thingie appears again ,since sometimes its just gone and you gotta go back. And sucks to be you btw if you wanted rewards, half the time if you haven't completed 5 instances of that anomaly ship head thingie you get no rewards. Owh and whats the point of railjack again ? Me as pilot who pretty much maxed railjack feel so disappointed, because whats the point of me,no1 needs good railjack lmao you can just plant beginner railjack inside the anomaly head and afk there without other stuff touching it ? thats just not how it should work. Really need reward for killing sentient ships with some point or something,since atm there is no reason to kill a single thing outside. For what ? Some new intrinsics ? i played duo with my friend and already got all of them. Half of them i wouldnt ever consider putting for my railjack,other half for instances when i feel adventurous and want to make my railjack worse/spicy. So after getting those few new intrinsics theres literally no more point in killing anything outside,and most efficient railjack gameplay is having railjack afk in one spot and not do anything...
And scaling on those ships after you get rid of the 4th ship. Like what ? theyr levels /hp are almsot double then veil proxima. It takes 2 MkIII seeker bombs to kill a single fighter ship ? Cmon guys 😄
 Like if you intend to make end content harder,where is railjack power at then ? gonna make it same and just make enemies almost 2 times harder for no reason and no real reward? meh

owh boy and so many past bugs got into scarlet to,like infinite loading bug or bug where pilot gets stuck infront of pilot seat without being able to do literally anything,only to write in chat and the only way to fix it is either get killed or just abandon mission and its rewards (that one is my fav bug fixer).
I was quite excited for this event but only kept getting disappointed the longer i played  😞

Scarlet Event Problem

The "Railjack Team", "Surface Team", and "Small Fleet" rewards are not consistent.

People only flock to the rail jack, which gives a lot of rewards,

There are no players to play in the "Surface Team" and "Small Fleet"
In particular, the "Small Fleet" cannot receive any compensation even if you donate 75,000 credits.

future :
People will be concentrated only on rail jacks with large rewards, and there is no ground team, so they cannot receive the kill code.
It will be impossible to mission.

Also, no one will do 75000 credit support.

No one is going to mission.

Archived