Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE BROKEN WARFRAME WON...

Just now, MagPrime said:

Considering how voting works, didn't realize I even had to say it. 

A majority of the playerbase isn't part of the DC and isn't aware of how your guys' voting process goes. You said it yourself, you weren't given enough time, like before. And another DC member said that the Broken frame was the default choice. You just needed to tell the rest of us these things. The DC is basically absolved at this point. Just be transparent with us from the start, you're not under an NDA (right?).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blexander said:

A majority of the playerbase isn't part of the DC and isn't aware of how your guys' voting process goes. You said it yourself, you weren't given enough time, like before. And another DC member said that the Broken frame was the default choice. You just needed to tell the rest of us these things. The DC is basically absolved at this point. Just be transparent with us from the start, you're not under an NDA (right?).

We cannot talk about DC content while it's live and there have been times where being too vocal about goings on has led to punitive action. 

In short, some of us are members by the grace of DE and it can be taken away.  So being transparent isn't always in some of our best interest. 

• Like 2

Just now, MagPrime said:

We cannot talk about DC content while it's live and there have been times where being too vocal about goings on has led to punitive action. 

In short, some of us are members by the grace of DE and it can be taken away.  So being transparent isn't always in some of our best interest. 

Fair enough.

• Like 1

a broken warframe, so something that doesn't work properly, maybe they'll add it as a glitch and it'll be removed the next day, forcing teammates and enemies to lag. actually wait, that sounds kinda #*!%ing cool, a hacker frame that causes system glitch-like effects in order to slow things down, or displace teammates and targets in different locations

41 minutes ago, S1LA5 said:

a broken warframe, so something that doesn't work properly, maybe they'll add it as a glitch and it'll be removed the next day, forcing teammates and enemies to lag. actually wait, that sounds kinda #*!%ing cool, a hacker frame that causes system glitch-like effects in order to slow things down, or displace teammates and targets in different locations

There was a hacker frame on the short list. It didn't win. This is more it works but not how it was intended to work.

I hope we finally get to see a Void/Infested/Sentient hybrid Warframe out of this. The artist did great work on Sentient aesthetics from the image shown in the main thread. A combination of the three would be deemed a "breakthrough".

3 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

I hope we finally get to see a Void/Infested/Sentient hybrid Warframe out of this. The artist did great work on Sentient aesthetics from the image shown in the main thread. A combination of the three would be deemed a "breakthrough".

not likely, but sounds like hollow knight frame.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't blame DC or DE, I am just so angry that Calligraphy wasn't the winner. We didn't see anything that looks like it, would've forced the devs to create new things. The Broken Warframe theme is so large that DE will for sure return to what they already made without taking any risks. We will see some glitch-based CC abilities that are just the same as others but with a different package. With Calligraphy I was hoping the Warframe to get some nice painting animations for skills. I was hoping a new esthetic, something that feels different enough from the others frames. I'm afraid we'll get another boring frame... Hope I'm wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

If im being honest

I find this whole thing really unfair.

I don't meant to be salty but theres like 3,500 uploads or something for abilities. The only people who are getting voted for are the ones on the first few pages. How is that a representation of what the community wants? when 99% of submissions are being completely ignored and overlooked.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

3 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

If im being honest

I don't meant to be salty but theres like 3,500 uploads or something for abilities. The only people who are getting voted for are the ones on the first few pages. How is that a representation of what the community wants? when 99% of submissions are being completely ignored and overlooked.

I'm pretty sure the likes on the posts don't matter, DE will go through the thread and pick the abilities that they like not the ones with the most likes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I'm pretty sure the likes on the posts don't matter, DE will go through the thread and pick the abilities that they like not the ones with the most likes.

Not only is that unfair, it's the complete opposite of a community-designed frame. If they're just going to pick whatever they like, they didn't even need to ask us.

looool I was about to call y'all butthurt for not winning , but then I took a look and...

I would like the idea of a broken Warframe Warframe. It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature.

This... is a sentence. A mere sentence. This is not what a concept looks like.

Srsly I would have preferred the Ballerina Warframe.... maybe not as Ballerina, but as Dancer Warframe. It even had a good concept art.

The fact that this one- liner won is.... disturbing.

Don't get me wrong - I like the concept art for the Broken Warframe- it looks cool. But that was created later on and was not part of the entry.

Damn.... a warframe based around dancing would have been epic. Imagine the moves!

But yeah.... just my 2 cents.

20 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

If im being honest

Those likes wont matter much in the end. DE will pick the ideas that follows the specifically mentioned theme and then have abote around the top of those. And the specific theme it came down to for the broken frame is.

Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy. 

So chances are high it wont be a meme frame at all, but something golem-like instead, a patchwork frame, a mad scientist experiment or something in that direction. Heck, they even sort of solved the riddle regarding how a broken frame can ever have a prime later down the line.

I think DE just picked semi-random VOGUE thing from random guy just in terms of ease of implementation. More interesting ideas were far more resource-costly to disign.

And here? Broken frame, visualy easy and ugly, then they pick up some easy to implement simplistic skill set (will 0 technical troubles to make it work) and here you go. "Community disigned" warfame.

Edited by le_souriceau

• 1 month later...
On 2020-03-26 at 8:00 PM, trst said:

Besides the meme value it was one of the more interesting suggestions chosen. As well design wise it can allow for pretty much any kit and as long as we don't just have a repeat of Rell it has potential for an interesting backstory as well.

I accidentally played the Chains of Harrow quest at like 3am in pitch-black lmaoooo