Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE BROKEN WARFRAME WON...

1 minute ago, ant99999 said:

True. But still there were such nice ones in submissions thread.

True. But I suppose the more detailed and 'nice' the theme is, the harder it is to make context around it.

Again, Wisp. She's 'portal to mimic ghost', but she probably just started as 'ghost frame' A lot of her theme's texture probably came from thinking around the problem of 'how to manifest a clearly living, physical character as a ghost?'. That's where the core of her powers came from. And after that, her actual, genuinely interesting moveset would be devised.

A super simple theme of 'broken/glitched' frame can have a lot of potential. Look at how many modern characters use 'glitching' as part of their visual accoutrement, and how different they tend to be, ranging from simple visual flair to indicate 'broken-ness' (such as the classic 'TV static' effects or Warframe's own magnetic procs) to having meta-altering abilities as part of the core themes of the games or fight, like Undertale or that one Scarecrow boss fight in the Arkham games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LascarCapable said:

A lot of you are missing the hidden potential a "broken" theme can get.

Instead of imagining a walking meme, imagine a grotesque looking warframe with somehow an even greater killing potential, barely able to walk yet somehow insanely powerful. Something that sees its flaws as perfection. One of the most dangerous thing in the warframe universe because it literally affects the fabric of reality. And could have to fight and seal that bloody thing as a quest.

Thinking memes is the only way you can go for "broken warframe" concept is a fallacy. That theme has potential. It just has to be done well.

THANK YOU!!!!

• Like 1

I feel reluctant to the idea of "broken", mostly 'cause of trauma in the game. 

On the other hand, i'm getting some "Rubik's Cube" vibes... like taking different shapes into buffing or such, losing parts here and there and picking them up for something, deconstructing an enemy limb into oneself to get more damage? armor? life? etc.

I mean, it could really be another Zanuka-like lost experiment from Alad V, right?

Dear De all the Broken Warframe's powers should be a testament of self aware humor for the years of endless bugs we've all grown fond of' or not so fond of...Personally you should have fun with it and let this frame break the fourth wall in self awareness that it is in a video game as a nod to the relationship between the developers and your 2 million beta testers.

I believe that its ultimate power should be dropping all it's enemies through the floor of the map much like how we players will usually fall to our deaths while frantically typing /Unstuck...

When you poll for it's power kit I hope the community and DE really deep dive into the past from the hacking first person bug to different sections from other title sets popping into each other..

It seems we need a little levity and self awareness of how the game is in a weird and dire position of late between direction and emotional responses to choices being taken...

Having a Dead Pool running around cracking wise in it's Warframe ways while poking fun at the issues might be something of a needed breath of fresh air considering the current situation we all find our selves in...

Anyways keep safe out there...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 5

Just now, LascarCapable said:

What if it's not ? No one knows how DE will process the idea of a broken warframe.

Be a shame to pass on such a fun concept...especially now.

But they'll do what they are going to do...all one can do is say here's an idea and weather the others lambasting them for the courage to say anything..

I wouldnt like seeing a Deadpool rip off. Deadpool is Deadpool, copying what makes Deadpool funny wouldnt make the copy funny, because in the end it wouldnt be Deadpool. So it would be an automatic fail.

I'd prefer a serious broken frame with some smart lore behind it that makes it reasonable.

edit: The only way I'd accept a Deadpool frame would be if DE could make a deal with Marvel/Disney to incorporate Deadpool into the game. But the chance of that happening is less than that of a snowball not melting in muspelheim.

Edited by SneakyErvin

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I wouldnt like seeing a Deadpool rip off. Deadpool is Deadpool, copying what makes Deadpool funny wouldnt make the copy funny, because in the end it wouldnt be Deadpool. So it would be an automatic fail.

I'd prefer a serious broken frame with some smart lore behind it that makes it reasonable.

Are you expecting that it would look like DeadPool ...or the idea of its stance having it hold a console controller or keyboard while frantically trying to use a mouse.. too much for you?

I hope it is the epithamy of bugs - ALL at random times.
You should have no control over it, with skill or with mods.
It should stop working all of a sudden, become immortal, but you can't move.
All limbs on strange places at other time, health drop to 2 or go as high as 200000 at others. |
Jumping only back, moving only sideways(happened many times)
Attacks operator when you go out.
All random!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I hate the idea of a Warframe which is entirely just LOL MEMES

LOL GLITCHES

HERP DERP FOURTH WALL

I really don't get why everyone else seems to assume that that is literally the only way to implement the concept of a broken Warframe.

It was literally described as a bug as a feature...and unless clarified they are not speaking of your garden variety fauna...

2 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

imagine a grotesque looking warframe with somehow an even greater killing potential, barely able to walk yet somehow insanely powerful.

Hmm... kind of reminds me of this guy. Without fabric of reality thing, but still, being broken (literally) and grow in power from it can indeed be frightening.

Not gonna lie, you know how to inspire people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

And the end result would be a joke Warframe that would only get played for meme value.

So what? You have forty odd frames to fall back on if this one isn't your favorite...let alone the last one is rolling kirby meat ball..we've sorta jumped the shark at this point..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Do you think DE would go for that?

"The next Warframe you make and release should literally be a fourth wall breaking joke."

Oh no no..oh my friend stop there... I don't believe it all  I just posted this post to see you' yes you BornwithTeeth get incensed and have an argument together just for giggles...

Yeah I would like to see a humorous forth wall breaking frame come out of DE...be it subtle or not so subtle.

could be:

• mentally broken, aka sort of prototype Umbra warframe
  • physically broken, aka amalgamation of various warframe parts used by Alad V while doing its Zanuka project
  • broken, with means of "unrefined" warframe, aka prototype version of an warframe that was released before they could fix their external appereance, but still functional (Rhino prime's codex has that sort of idea when it describess him using its Rhino skin)

but i'm not expecting them going all out in "meme" warframe, since warframes appears in cinematics and they always attempt to merge gameplay, about how we feel, and how the tenno perceive it
The Sacrifice quest relates that quite well during our journey to get Excalibur Umbra

• Like 2

It absolutely must have its 4th ability as just "Wall break" where it just winks back the the player and breaks the surrounding terrain,

The result is the enemies realise they are just pieces of code and go into a mode of depression where they realise their existence is meaningless.

4th wall break. hell yeah

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

could be:

• mentally broken, aka sort of prototype Umbra warframe
  • physically broken, aka amalgamation of various warframe parts used by Alad V while doing its Zanuka project
  • broken, with means of "unrefined" warframe, aka prototype version of an warframe that was released before they could fix their external appereance, but still functional (Rhino prime's codex has that sort of idea when it describess him using its Rhino skin)

but i'm not expecting them going all out in "meme" warframe, since warframes appears in cinematics and they always attempt to merge gameplay, about how we feel, and how the tenno perceive it
The Sacrifice quest relates that quite well during our journey to get Excalibur Umbra

Perhaps the best way for them to handle it would be serious nods to the bugs we've experienced...Enemies falling through the floor is nothing new considering Hydroid and having the frame glitch reality with various maps funneling into the area could be explained through it being connected to the void...Serious or not so serious I hope DE takes a nod at themselves in any cinematic fashion and crafts something unique out the second community driven frame...