Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE BROKEN WARFRAME WON...

18 minutes ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

A Warframe with so much Void Power it can break the fabric of reality and create a lot of anomalies. THAT'S what I imagine the Broken Warframe to be.

But as a condition of being broken, it almost "dies" everytime it uses an ability.

That would be pretty cool, tbh.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Are you expecting that it would look like DeadPool ...or the idea of its stance having it hold a console controller or keyboard while frantically trying to use a mouse.. too much for you?

No, simply the idea has been done and it works with Deadpool due to him being who he is which is a result of everything he's been through. For a frame it would just be so horribly bad and straight up lame. It would simply not connect with the lore at all, which is a massive difference to Deadpool, because he does connect with the Marvel lore, which is why it works and what makes his mental state a fun thing. And with Deadpool, it is all most likely just a thing in his head that makes him think he is in a comic book and why he tries to talk to the reader/viewer, it is how Wade copes with reality after all the S#&$ that has happened to him.

I think an actual broken frame would more be something that got discarded. Possibly a generation one that had even more mental issues than most that turned on the orokin, a frame that simply couldnt get fixed when they made it a prime either, instead it kept it's mentally unstable personality so was never really used during the old war. Maybe it could be the first frame that actually speaks as we operate it, maybe they could design some mechanic to show the struggle between the operator and the mind/will of the frame. We already have some frames that have had their own intellect, some where it has transfered from generation to generation, so a fullblown one that is more in control of itself wouldnt be out of the question, plus it would fit the lore regarding how frames are made. It would also give meaning to the word broken, since it would be a broken frame by Orokin standards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I believe that its ultimate power should be dropping all it's enemies through the floor of the map

I don't know if it was you, but I already saw someone saying this many times, we get it now

But you're confusing "broken" & "glitchy", this will most likely be a warframe that doesn't work how it was intended, & the Orokins, not matter how hard they tried, just couldn't get to work properly, nothing to do with glitching the map or the enemies

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

Experimental Golem, Designated for the Use of 'Tenno'
Warframe Project Archives

[The weapon steps into view. It is humanoid, albeit bigger than any human. It is covered in a flexible gunmetal grey skin of interlocking armour plates and joints, sealed over the face. On top of this armoured skin, it is 'wearing' what is obviously a highly modified suit of basic Dax armour, those subtle protective flourishes attached to the cruder, rougher plating, lending it a martial countenance.
        "Whose idea was the Dax plating? That'll only piss them off!" "Shut up, shut up, we're trying to persuade them this thing can be a soldier..."

Behind the visor of the borrowed helmet, a pair of implanted optics glimmer. The targets designated for the combat test wait at the end of the arena. Today's challenge is for the sleeping Tenno to destroy skeletal robots designed and programmed to dodge and evade, and to strike back with blunted staves.

"Can the kid do it? Did you talk to them, are they up for this?" "Yeah, she'll do it. And if you refer to that thing as a child again while the Executor's here, I will personally kill you, understand?"
     The lines of weakness built into the plating of the creature's forearms begin to glow, almost weeping a sickly looking energy into the world. The weapon it creates is nothing so elegant as a sword, nor as refined as a whip. It is a crude and fragmentary lash of raw Void energy, winking in and out of existence. An unreliable weapon. A supremely destructive one. The beast lunges forward.
           "Are going to get in trouble for this?" "I dunno. Maybe. They wanted something that can fight." ]

• Like 2

That's awesome, I would have liked to see some crazy swarms of bugs though.

This is going to bring up one of those lore paradox situations though, like how do you prime a frame that's malfunctioning? Will the prime version be the working variant? Its like Revenant and the Warden, or whatever his name was. So many questions, whatever though I look forward to seeing how bizarre this one turns out. Hopefully its got some battle damage, or visible broken parts to its appearance and an animation set that looks hobbled and broken too.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Experimental Golem, Designated for the Use of 'Tenno'
Warframe Project Archives

[The weapon steps into view. It is humanoid, albeit bigger than any human. It is covered in a flexible gunmetal grey skin of interlocking armour plates and joints, sealed over the face. On top of this armoured skin, it is 'wearing' what is obviously a highly modified suit of basic Dax armour, those subtle protective flourishes attached to the cruder, rougher plating, lending it a martial countenance.
        "Whose idea was the Dax plating? That'll only piss them off!" "Shut up, shut up, we're trying to persuade them this thing can be a soldier..."

Behind the visor of the borrowed helmet, a pair of implanted optics glimmer. The targets designated for the combat test wait at the end of the arena. Today's challenge is for the sleeping Tenno to destroy skeletal robots designed and programmed to dodge and evade, and to strike back with blunted staves.

"Can the kid do it? Did you talk to them, are they up for this?" "Yeah, she'll do it. And if you refer to that thing as a child again while the Executor's here, I will personally kill you, understand?"
     The lines of weakness built into the plating of the creature's forearms begin to glow, almost weeping a sickly looking energy into the world. The weapon it creates is nothing so elegant as a sword, nor as refined as a whip. It is a crude and fragmentary lash of raw Void energy, winking in and out of existence. An unreliable weapon. A supremely destructive one. The beast lunges forward.
           "Are going to get in trouble for this?" "I dunno. Maybe. They wanted something that can fight." ]

OMFG!!!!!!!! Here it is.....

There was a character from the old animated tv series gargoyles called cold stone.  He was a product of 3 broken or destroyed gargoyles that were combined together and reanimated.  The personality and actions of cold stone depended on which personality was in control.  It could be a cool idea in theory.

everyone expects deadpool.. but what your gonna get is Vanelopee Von Schweetz

I still can't get over the WereKubrow concept not making it to the final 10 - especially w/ multiple frames w/ cat like influences - my only thought there is that there is already a werekubrow type frame in development.

People keep going on about computer bugs as a joke but I imagine the broken aspect will be more to do with the frame physically. Stuff like it's left arm isn't attached properly and keeps falling off. But then it turns out the operator can still control it and use it to do stuff. Or this frame has an unregulated power supply so can overcharge it self for massive buffs at the cost of damage.

Might be quite lore heavy too. Seeing how something breaks often reveals hidden elements of how it works. I'm hoping for some more info on warframe creation.

11 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

DE took all the posted fan ideas and whittled them down to the ones that got ultimately got voted on...DC had nothing to do with that part.

While I didn't vote for the meme frame (I voted for Arawn), I will be interested to see how they implement it.

Likewise, all our vote means is that the frame's specific theme gets created at some point. DE has created other content based on ideas that didn't win but resonated with them anyway.  

I will say that I think it's funny that everyone looks at the DC and makes complaints for this stuff but it's the same group that brought you both Nova and Equinox.

It's preferential treatment to a group of players, something DE already had done with that Lotus group they got heat for. Decisions should be made by all players or just by DE, not some pre selected group. 

Again, because of you guys we won't get the other frames players have spent time designing. 

• Like 1

On 2020-03-27 at 12:22 AM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'll say it again...the last power has to be all its enemies falling through the map...

powerfist once powerslammed me throught the floor into the pits of darkness. It was glorious.

On 2020-03-26 at 5:22 PM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'll say it again...the last power has to be all its enemies falling through the map...

His 1 has to give enemies both ragdoll and 0 gravity for a duration, make it an aoe similar to Limbo's banish

1 hour ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Again, because of you guys we won't get the other frames players have spent time designing. 

Thanks for saying this. The Design Council needs to go the way of the Guides of the Lotus program. Its stupid to give one small group of nobodies the power to choose things like this because they usually choose stupid stuff when the vast majority of people would have voted for the concepts that were genuine and had effort behind them.

Now we’ll likely never see that option come around for another half a decade.

• Like 1